Nomadas Reviews

62 # 433 por 51, Centro, Merida, Mexico

a well organised hostel. free activities (like yoga, salsa, cooking). good location. helpful staff. only problem was the 2 large circle windows that couldn't be closed because they were beautiful openings on the wall = very bright in the morning and very noisy since people walk by from other rooms, lots of door slamming too. we stayed in a private room.

Staff are super friendly and helpful and have lots of information about things to do and see in the area. Not the place to stay if you want to party but a great hostel.

As someone who has spent a long time travelling in various countries all over the world, this is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Excellent facilities with a huge personal locker, comfortable beds, hammocks and a pool, and helpful staff for planning any day trips. The breakfast was also good, with unlimited toast, cereal and hot drinks, and lots of fresh fruit. Very good value for money!

Very Nice place. I had a single room, which is unfortunutly located next to the toilet and shower . The coking lesson was lot of fun. I did two excursion those two where highy valable. The only think That barter me a lot was to weare the plastic bracelet, i feel like i was advertising my Self as a Nomadas tourist to evryone. The 11 pm carefue was a blessing, the pool is limpio.

Great vibe, awesome staff, a kickass pool, and all sorts of activities. There's a soap dispenser beside every sink. They let you bring your own booze! The "quiet time" at night is actually quiet. Every night sees a good crowd of backpackers of all ages gathered on the patio, but there are plenty of quiet corners for those who want them. What a freakin' amazing hostel!

A fairly glorious hostel. Stayed in the suite, big, airy, spacious. Decent, workable kitchen. Great use of space throughout, a beautiful space, really, it's integrated into the garden with old walls, pool, and hammock-dedicated real-estate. One of my finest hostel experiences to date, anywhere.

This was one of the best hostels of my trip. The rooms were spacious and great (I especially liked the girls dorm) and the vibe of the hostel made meeting people easy. I really enjoyed the salsa classes! Definitely don't pass those up. Also really liked having a pool to come chill at in the afternoons. The location was great... just a short walk from downtown. Also they gave you a list of activities of things to do in the area which was awesome!

We stayed in a complete renovatet double-bed room with bathroom. So it was one of the cleanest accomodations in three weeks of staying at mexican hostels. The breakfast ist really basic. The pool surrounded by hammocks is great.

Enjoyed my stay here, lots of extra things to do in the hostel like cooking classes and you can take tours too. The pool is a nice spot to chill and meet others and breakfast is decent even if it is the same everyday. The location is good, so good locals spots to eat and dine. Only minor issue was the Internet which wasn't too realiable but I would recommended someone to stay here.

we loved our room upstairs. we gave up on using the internet up there though, as it dropped constantly. Staff was great. Tour to Uxmal was superb. thanks

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I had a wonderfull moment staying at nomadas hostel. I was travelling alone but very easy to meet and hangout with the other backpackers. Tours proposed are very well organized and not expensive. I very recommend this hostel!!

• 2nd Feb 2015

A really cool hostel, very big and the pool area is amazing, plenty of hammocks to laze around in. Staff are helpful and beds are comfy and they have computers to use for free. Also daily activities and tours, and nice lizards

Staff was great! Room nice and clean. Common spaces clean and beautiful. Music at night was wonderful. Wonderful to have options of dance class, cooking classes and yoga! If there was one area of improvement to consider it would be the coffee. I know good coffee is expensive and the ratio of grounds to water can be tricky. But there is nothing like waking up to a good cup of brew! Thanks for a wonderful place to stay in Merida.

• 1st Feb 2015

Had a good stay at nomad as, definitely best hostel in town. It has a very nice and amazing pool in case you don't feel like exploring the city and just hang out for a day. I heard the dorms to the street are a bit noisy but other than that no complaints. You can walk to all important spots of merida and the hostel itself is very clean. If coming to merida this is the place to go

Fantastic hostel! Has everything you need.

Everyone has to be absolutely quite after 23 which makes it impossible to hang around the hostel, and you are forced to go out somewhere.

Loved the extra classes they had and the staff were all very helpful and friendly.

Really knowledgeable and friendly staff; fun events every evening; close to the centro; really clean and comfortable beds; beautiful patios and lots of space for guests to relax :) lockers makes a lot of noise when guests are opening/locking up - especially with the echo in the dorms (but this was my only discomfort); I really enjoyed my time there! Thank you!

• 23rd Jan 2015

I was initially sceptical due to the size of the pace, but Nomadas won me over. The daily classes and outdoor table arrangement is perfectly conducive to a good social ambience. Staff are lovely and provide good insider advice on how to avoid the tourist traps.

• 23rd Jan 2015

The hostel was clean, well located, the people were very friendly. Unfortunately the pool was closed during our stay and throughout the day we heard a lot of construction noise. I thought the tours offered from the hostel were quite expensive. Besides this there's nothing to complain! I loved the yoga, salsa lessons and live music in the evenings, it made my stay very enjoyable. Also it seems they have the mosquito situationunder control (this was a problem in another hotel in merida).

• 19th Jan 2015