Nomadas Reviews

62 # 433 por 51, Centro, Merida, Mexico

Overall we liked this Hostel, its nice and close to the city square as well as a few good bars and restaurants. The staff were friendly, attentive and also offered various tours. They gave us a really helpful map on arrival and also a list of activities with directions for public transport. Good atmosphere with plenty of places to hang out and meet people, they do shut everything down at around 11-12 but in most ways this is good as it allows everyone a good nights sleep. would stay again.

The location of the place was good, which is near the centre, but was quite a walk from the bus station. The staff wasn't too friendly, as we could really talk and hangout after 11.30 because they close the lights at common area. Also the only alcoholic beverage you allowed to drink is beer, other drinks its not allowed, only found that out after I checked in. If your looking for a quite and chill out place, then yes. No, for party and drinking.

The pool was amazing! The whole hostel was also pretty great. Lots of free (or almost free) activities offered everyday. Only downside was the level of noise the fans made which you had to have running all night, and no wifi in rooms.

I loved the hostel , very nice staff and facilities. Also there are cool activities. I really enjoyed my stay there.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Good location, big pool filled with fresh cenote water, good breakfast included, free salsa lessons and a guitarist playing in the courtyard area every night. Would definitely stay here again!

Absolutely fantastic hostel, great to relax and chill in a hammock by the pool, an excellent base to explore Merida, and meet incredible people! Free salsa lessons every night were so much fun, the tourist advice from the staff was excellent, beds were big and comfortable, breakfast was great, kitchen was big and well equipped, very nice pool area with hammocks and iguanas! My only complaint is that the AC in the girls' dorm wasn't great... 100% would recommend

Great little hostel! Lovely cold pool is a major plus. Great activities arranged by hostel if you want to participate. Dorms with huge high ceilings so it feels airy even though Mérida is so hot. Each bunk has a personal fan. Bottom bunks are all doubles. Owner took personal interest in how I was proceeding on public transport which was nice. Overall just a Locke well located clean hostel, highly recommended.

I enjoyed my one night stay there. The dorm could use more wall sockets though.

Pool is a huge plus.

I loved my stay at Nómadas, and will be returning with my boyfriend after my study abroad program ends. We were already planning to stay at Nómadas, but my night there solidified our plans. I can't wait!

• 30th May 2015

Decent location. A bit of a walk from the bus station. Take a taxi. Really good pool but small kitchen to share with everyone. Dorms are hot.

All the staff were exceptional, knowledgeable, helpful and really nice. The information and map on arrival were amazing (but need a tiny bit of updating re prices). It was very clean and well tended by the cleaning staff. The range of free activities were great too, loved the cooking!

This hostel is located a few blocks from the central plaza. The facilities are amazing: they have a pool, lots of areas strewn with hammocks, a decently-sized kitchen, dorms are OK. To me, it had the vibe of being some sort of compound.The staff are generally nice too, but I them be quite businessy and harsh with some individuals. All this combined makes this hostel a great place with great facilities, although I found it does not have the warmest and most welcoming ambience. To each his own.

We enjoyed the peaceful, laid back atmosphere. The pool and hammocks were a life saver in the 40 degree heat. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• 18th May 2015

Staff was great -- extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The location was right in the center of Merida and close to the airport and major highways.

great pool with hammocks and seating area. breakfast was substantial with fruit cereal and bread. only downside was no aircon in the rooms so was very hot at night time with 4 in a room.

Loved the big pool. Big room.

this hostel would deserve 120%. really nice swimming pool, free salsa lessons and yoga, awesome common place to hang with other travelers, clean and very useful kitchen with a big stove so you always get a turn to cook, girls dorm is nice with a huge bathroom in the middle, location is perfect, internet not so good but who cares :) would definitely stay again

Great hostel, really knowledgable staff. A lot of guests smoking in communal areas which was annoying, especially at breakfast.

Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Good kitchen and dining area + nice pool and hammocks.

• 10th May 2015