Nomads Airlie Beach Reviews

354 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Australia

My only complaint is about the kitchen. You have to rent everything, forks, knives, plates, which is a pain. Everything else was great. Fun place but not a crazy loud party hostel. Enjoyed my stay here

I've been travelling in Oz for 7months and this has got to be one of the best hostels I've stated in. Very clean and big rooms, even 2 ensuites showers in our room, which I thought was a good idea. Friendly and helpful staff, bar area was cool, good place to meet fellow travellers and a great location.

Lockers needed for passport safety... I thought rather ridiculous to charge for pots and pans...but probably because slack people take and/or do not clean. The reception/booking staff quite wonderful and helpful. I do wish something had been posted as to no pick-ups (because of broken down vans)....AND Nathan Roberts suggested he could/would provide this service but did not show...which caused me much worry at the last moments.

Nowhere to sit and play games in the evening except adjacent to bar, whcih was way too loud. No chairs in rooms or on balconies. TV room tiny with two chairs - why bother for such a huge premise.

Nice resort, really spacious, nice staff. Airlie is cool, I didn't have a chance to get to the Reef but probably should have done from Airlie!! I'd stay here again and may do on way back down the coast!

The room itself was really nice with two showers and all, but the overall facilities were poor; the most annoying was that every single kitchen utensil had to be lent with a deposit paid from the reception.

Nomads was about the only hostel not arranging bus stop pickup. That was the only negative thing, but next time in Airlie Beach I'm staying in a hostel that has hostel pickup. Sorry!

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Finland

Had an awesome stay! Great location on the strip. The staff are friendly and the rooms are nice and clean. Although all the beds are comfy and the bathrooms are more than adequate, here's a cheeky tip. If you're staying for any length of time ask for room 3. It has the best bathroom and there's a double bed! You might be lucky enough to get that (for no extra charge) or you can jump on it when someone checks out, that's what I did! 1 downside.. The hobs in the kitchen suck at getting hot!

• 28th May 2014

I was staying there for 2nights. The hostel has a really good atmosphere but the staff behind the desk is unfriendly and f.e. you didn't even get a proper briefing about some rules for the kitchen. (f.e. You have to hire plates and pots) I tried to cook my pasta in the kitchen but the half of the stuff doesn't even work (cooker, kettler, microwave). I needed one hour to boil the water for the pasta. My bathroom was really dirty and full with dust. It is a good place for party people.

Clean rooms! BUT It's not possible to cook in this kitchen! The hotplates don't work, only one of three toasters is not broken and it's closing at 9pm.

Really big hostel. But kitchen is very bad. Once you have figured out what's the correct position of the switch for the cooking stove, it takes ages until the plate is hot. You have to borrow EVERYTHING at the reception (OK, because of theft, but other hostels are managing that way better!). Good thing is that the rooms are huge, so you have lots of space legt. And you can store your luggage here for free even after you checked out.

A big hostel so as a solo traveller it was hard to meet others. Nice 8 bed dorm room with ensuite. Close to the lagoon and beach. Not much of a walk from greyhound drop off.

I really liked the rooms and I met some really lovely people. The kitchen was at the very back and you had to pay a deposit to rent cutlery, pots and utensils, this is very annoying when I only wanted to have cereal for breakfast.

Good value for money..Nice clean rooms but you have to wait for ages at the reception because There is only one girl working at the reception

View all Airlie Beach Hostels