Nomads Airlie Beach Reviews

354 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia

It was ok. Spacious site, big rooms. Nothing special though, and it's a five minute walk to reception from the kitchen to borrow cooking utensils, which you can only get when reception is open. The computers were expensive to use, and it's the furthest hostel from the buses - although nothing is too far because Airlie is not very big.

Very friendly and helpful staff at reception, pretty and big garden. Our double private room felt a bit "cold" (like a prison), but the dorms looked very cool from the outside! Little huts around the garden. The location is perfect, 1 min from the lagoon and many Bars/Restaurants.

Nice clean hostel, stayed in female dorm with ensuite and was lovely to have 2 showers, very clean and great location. Wifi was not very good.

Our electronical keys didn't work one day so we couldn't get into the room. At night we than had to wake up to let the roommates in which came home late. One girl even had to sleep somewhere else because we didn't hear her and the reception was closed. They solved the problem the next day. Luggage storage doesn't seem to be secure as everyone can walk in when it is open. The room was clean and the location very nice.

Great location. Friendly staff. Great rooms. Great overall design and setup of the hostel. Loved the central pool and bar area. Great kitchen facilities. Internet speed is painfully slow, and its not free, which I thought was inexcusable. If it was free, then maybe fair enough. But during peak hours the speed drops to something that is completely unusable and you still need to pay for the service. Please consider changing your Internet Service Provider. deposits for cutlery was annoying.

My favourite hostel of my whole trip up the east coast! Staff were lovely and atmosphere was brilliant. Would highly recommend to everyone!

I stayed in the double private en-suite. Room was huge! Included a kitchen area with free tea/coffee and free air conditioning, which was a great bonus. It was pretty basic, not spotlessly clean, but for what you're paying it was fine. The location in Airlie beach is super. Staff seemed a little overworked, but helpful, and they kindly checked me in very early. Luggage storage area seemed unsafe, when I went on my Whitsundays trip I used the facilities from my sailing company.

Nothing but trouble at this place. Had ants in the room (hundreds) so we moved rooms. Staff blamed guests but they obviously had an ant problem. They were everywhere in the kitchen, we had to throw our food away even though it was sealed but they went in our food bag. When u hired cutlery always something missing. Wifi expensive. No common area, tv room tiny. Our food got moved to free area so half of it went missing. Better to stay in the 8 bed cabins as they looked nicer but would not advise

No communal area apart from reception and tiny tv room. There were ants everywhere! They need to sort it out, there was loads of ants in the kitchen we had to throw food away as they were all over the shelfs. You had to hire saucepans but people must have kept them in their room as there was never enough so had to pay to eat out. Staff have no motivation to keep guests happy. Wifi expensive! Luggage room unlocked so anyone is free to wander in there. Would not recommend this hostel!

One of the worst hostels i've been to. Manager was rude to other staff members and customers. Luggage room always open and someone I know had his laptop stolen. Rooms dirty and pool area dirty. So many other options around, not sure why you'd want to stay there.

Great area and nice pool. Rooms are very big and the bathroom is great with seperate toilet.

very nice and clean

Nomads in airlie beach is a cracker. It was one of the best hostels I stayed in along the east coast. As usual from nomads, very good. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet and relaxing, excellent en suite shower and toilet facilities, free bbq on sunday was good? Staff were helpful, all in all really enjoyed my stay here. Great location, relaxing place. Top quality.

Great staff, helpful sorting out tours and next stop over. Especially Cherie was great with booking my tour. All very clean

My first Nomads in aus and v impressed. Clean, massive lodges. Good location, but to be fair all the hostels are within a 150m radius as airlie is so small! Only real bone of contention was the strict 1pm check in, this is a joke when you've done the overnight journey from hervey or rainbow beach.

We queued to check in for almost 2 hours and we saw this happening to others every day. If you are placed in one of the old buildings then you won't be in for a comfortable stay. The shower drain was disgusting and kept flooding up. We had two cockroaches in the room. The air con just turned itself off in the night. The new dorms looked nice though.

The policy at the backpackers is that you cannot bring your own alcohol on the property, not even to consume in your own rooms. They instead insist all alcohol be purchased at their bar. This resulted in a quite expensive stay.

• 25th Jan 2014

Typical nomads hostel. Good for partying and hanging out.good location.

Extremely good hostel, best one i have been so far! Only the kitchen was minus.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far, amazing location, great facilities and the rooms were so clean! Definitely worth paying the extra to stay here.

View all Airlie Beach Hostels