Nomads Airlie Beach Reviews

354 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Australia

Only stayed one night, was clean enough. If you're on the top bunk the plug was a little out of reach. Not enough room in the dorms for everyone's bags. This is a party hostel and there is loud music playing til the early hours

Didn't have lockers in the dorms. Other than that, really enjoyed my stay & it was definately the cleanest hostel I've stayed at.

Nice chilled out hostel in quite a busy party town, I feel like they could put in a little more effort to get people into the hostel bar as it was always really quite. The ensuite bath room was pretty poor with not a lot of water pressure. But I would definitely stay again.

very well located, nice big rooms and good organised

Annoying you have to put a deposit for every piece of kitchen equipment, to cook a meal I had to make sure I had around $40 to use everything, it's ridiculous. The rooms are great, clean and spacious and a really good location. I was very surprised at how nice it was.

• 8th Apr 2015

This hostel is like a resort. Really enjoyed my stay here and I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Finland

I feel that having to have deposits to have a pan ect to cook your food with is unecessary, also it is not made aware prior to coming to nomads as some people like us didn't have the cash on us. Also there is away guy who works behind reception which I can only describe as rude. With this I would not stay again

Stayed in a 6 bed before going to the Whitsunday's. Large clean room, bathroom a bit grubby. Not enough plug's- 1 bed had 3 but there was only 2 for the rest in the room! 8 bed much cleaner but smaller and still not enough plug's for charging! Kitchen was much cleaner than expected from the other reviews. Annoying having to hire all crockery from reception and pay to store luggage whilst at the Whitsunday's but other than that it's a decent hostel.

In the 6 bed share you can see below and above the toilet and shower which isnt great

Great hostel, although having to put a deposit on for every single item of kitchen wear, knives, pots etc, seems abit much... But recommend!

I think the hostel could improve its atmosphere a lot if somehow they incentivized the guests to get along at the backyard or pub. They do have a happy hour, but it is not enough, since I have met more guests at the pub next to the hostel then at the hostel's pub itself. Great hostel though,I highly recommend it!

Good rooms and bathroom , rubbish free wifi the cooking facility's were poor could not bring my self to cook with so many flys in the kitchen

I stayed in an 8 bed female dorm and really liked it. Spacious and really clean! Great location. Only slightly annoying thing is if you buy the wifi - it doesn't work over in the back rooms where I was, so was a bit pointless as there is free slower wifi in reception.

The kitchen id disgusting! Who thought it would be a good idea to put a kitchen in the middle of a forest..? There are red ants everywhere so you can't leave your food in the kitchen without it getting swamped by ants.

Very clean, fun and functional hostel!

• 1st Feb 2015

Loved it. Best hostel I've ever stayed at, will recommend it to everyone :)

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Free wifi and secure storage would make the hostel even better!

Good rooms and location, I liked also the atmosphere. I didn't like the male bartender (very rude) and the kitchen (it was big but full of flies)

• 22nd Jan 2015

Great location. 10-15 min walk to Whitsundays tour meeting point. Nice lagoon 2 min walk away. Plenty room in our 8 bed dorm. Shower room was good. Nice pool area to chill.

Kitchen was disgusting, bins over flowing

View all Airlie Beach Hostels