Nomads Airlie Beach Reviews

354 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Australia

The room itself was really nice with two showers and all, but the overall facilities were poor; the most annoying was that every single kitchen utensil had to be lent with a deposit paid from the reception.

Nomads was about the only hostel not arranging bus stop pickup. That was the only negative thing, but next time in Airlie Beach I'm staying in a hostel that has hostel pickup. Sorry!

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Finland

Had an awesome stay! Great location on the strip. The staff are friendly and the rooms are nice and clean. Although all the beds are comfy and the bathrooms are more than adequate, here's a cheeky tip. If you're staying for any length of time ask for room 3. It has the best bathroom and there's a double bed! You might be lucky enough to get that (for no extra charge) or you can jump on it when someone checks out, that's what I did! 1 downside.. The hobs in the kitchen suck at getting hot!

• 28th May 2014

I was staying there for 2nights. The hostel has a really good atmosphere but the staff behind the desk is unfriendly and f.e. you didn't even get a proper briefing about some rules for the kitchen. (f.e. You have to hire plates and pots) I tried to cook my pasta in the kitchen but the half of the stuff doesn't even work (cooker, kettler, microwave). I needed one hour to boil the water for the pasta. My bathroom was really dirty and full with dust. It is a good place for party people.

Clean rooms! BUT It's not possible to cook in this kitchen! The hotplates don't work, only one of three toasters is not broken and it's closing at 9pm.

Really big hostel. But kitchen is very bad. Once you have figured out what's the correct position of the switch for the cooking stove, it takes ages until the plate is hot. You have to borrow EVERYTHING at the reception (OK, because of theft, but other hostels are managing that way better!). Good thing is that the rooms are huge, so you have lots of space legt. And you can store your luggage here for free even after you checked out.

A big hostel so as a solo traveller it was hard to meet others. Nice 8 bed dorm room with ensuite. Close to the lagoon and beach. Not much of a walk from greyhound drop off.

I really liked the rooms and I met some really lovely people. The kitchen was at the very back and you had to pay a deposit to rent cutlery, pots and utensils, this is very annoying when I only wanted to have cereal for breakfast.

Good value for money..Nice clean rooms but you have to wait for ages at the reception because There is only one girl working at the reception

If your a single young professional looking to do a bit of schooner work and knock out some stats this is the place for you.

Stayed in a 8 bed deluxe room, which had a bathroom ensuite. The rooms are spacious, clean and with air con. Therefore a very good hostel. Unfortunately you have to pay deposit for everything in the kitchen, so nut just the cutlery, but also for pans, pots and knifes, which is anoying. The hostel has its own bar, which isn't very cheap, therefore not many people did hang around there. Because of the bar, you're not allowed to byo and it is like there is no real common area to meet people.

It was ok. Spacious site, big rooms. Nothing special though, and it's a five minute walk to reception from the kitchen to borrow cooking utensils, which you can only get when reception is open. The computers were expensive to use, and it's the furthest hostel from the buses - although nothing is too far because Airlie is not very big.

Very friendly and helpful staff at reception, pretty and big garden. Our double private room felt a bit "cold" (like a prison), but the dorms looked very cool from the outside! Little huts around the garden. The location is perfect, 1 min from the lagoon and many Bars/Restaurants.

Nice clean hostel, stayed in female dorm with ensuite and was lovely to have 2 showers, very clean and great location. Wifi was not very good.

Our electronical keys didn't work one day so we couldn't get into the room. At night we than had to wake up to let the roommates in which came home late. One girl even had to sleep somewhere else because we didn't hear her and the reception was closed. They solved the problem the next day. Luggage storage doesn't seem to be secure as everyone can walk in when it is open. The room was clean and the location very nice.

Great location. Friendly staff. Great rooms. Great overall design and setup of the hostel. Loved the central pool and bar area. Great kitchen facilities. Internet speed is painfully slow, and its not free, which I thought was inexcusable. If it was free, then maybe fair enough. But during peak hours the speed drops to something that is completely unusable and you still need to pay for the service. Please consider changing your Internet Service Provider. deposits for cutlery was annoying.

My favourite hostel of my whole trip up the east coast! Staff were lovely and atmosphere was brilliant. Would highly recommend to everyone!

I stayed in the double private en-suite. Room was huge! Included a kitchen area with free tea/coffee and free air conditioning, which was a great bonus. It was pretty basic, not spotlessly clean, but for what you're paying it was fine. The location in Airlie beach is super. Staff seemed a little overworked, but helpful, and they kindly checked me in very early. Luggage storage area seemed unsafe, when I went on my Whitsundays trip I used the facilities from my sailing company.

Nothing but trouble at this place. Had ants in the room (hundreds) so we moved rooms. Staff blamed guests but they obviously had an ant problem. They were everywhere in the kitchen, we had to throw our food away even though it was sealed but they went in our food bag. When u hired cutlery always something missing. Wifi expensive. No common area, tv room tiny. Our food got moved to free area so half of it went missing. Better to stay in the 8 bed cabins as they looked nicer but would not advise

No communal area apart from reception and tiny tv room. There were ants everywhere! They need to sort it out, there was loads of ants in the kitchen we had to throw food away as they were all over the shelfs. You had to hire saucepans but people must have kept them in their room as there was never enough so had to pay to eat out. Staff have no motivation to keep guests happy. Wifi expensive! Luggage room unlocked so anyone is free to wander in there. Would not recommend this hostel!

View all Airlie Beach Hostels