Nomads Airlie Beach Reviews

354 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Australia

Staff weren't helpful at all. The rooms were old and the shower tap get falling off the wall and there were lots of ants in the room. People kept checking in during the early hours of the morning. The rooms were spacious but very bare. Location was perfect

Simple and right in the heart of airlie beach!

Thanks for you review. We certainly do have a fantastic location here in Airlie Beach. Come back and visit us again soon :)

Stayed in a private double room with shower, more like an apartment/hotel than a hostel.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Thanks for your review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and the rest of your stay.

Very nice hostel! Cleand and lots of space. Very bad internet! But then again, we don't go there to be online.

• 30th Oct 2014

Thanks for your lovely review glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry to hear you had issues with the internet. Come back a visit us again soon :)

Really enjoyed my stay at Nomads. Ideal location near to shops/bars and a short walk to the lagoon for a sunbathe :)

Thanks for your lovely review, So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us again soon :)

Staff unfriendly Uneasy to cook, kitchen really far away, need to rent for all the dishes. No friendly Sounds like a big compagny where backpackers are numbers My bedroom for the 1st night was ok but when I came back from my cruise, we were in the old room,my bed was broken and there was a big hole in the ceiling.

Hello - thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Any feedback like this helps us to improve . Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately we have to take deposit for all kitchen equipment due to the fact that we have a large amount of camper-vans staying with us. Did you notify reception of your issues with the bed? We would have been more than happy to change you rooms and or get maintenance to look at it. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels

Nomads hostel was really clean, the room was nice and the hostel is really well located. But I felt like the staff wasn't really friendly. Then, the bathroom wasn't really clean. And to finish, you have to pay for everything: wifi cutleries...

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We work really hard to make sure that the hostel is as clean and tidy as possible so apologies that you had issues with the bathrooms. Glad to hear that you liked the other aspects of the hostel though. I will certainly be looking into your comment out the unfriendly staff as we contact regular customer service training to ensure every guest gets the best possible service. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

My only complaint is about the kitchen. You have to rent everything, forks, knives, plates, which is a pain. Everything else was great. Fun place but not a crazy loud party hostel. Enjoyed my stay here

I've been travelling in Oz for 7months and this has got to be one of the best hostels I've stated in. Very clean and big rooms, even 2 ensuites showers in our room, which I thought was a good idea. Friendly and helpful staff, bar area was cool, good place to meet fellow travellers and a great location.

Thanks so much for your lovely review. We are stoked to hear you enjoyed your stay. Come back and visit us again soon and enjoy the rest of your travels.

Lockers needed for passport safety... I thought rather ridiculous to charge for pots and pans...but probably because slack people take and/or do not clean. The reception/booking staff quite wonderful and helpful. I do wish something had been posted as to no pick-ups (because of broken down vans)....AND Nathan Roberts suggested he could/would provide this service but did not show...which caused me much worry at the last moments.

Thanks for your review. We also hate having to charge deposits for pots and pans but unfortunately if we don't everything goes missing with our camper-van guests. We are thrilled to hear your comments about our wonderful staff. We are currently in the process of trying to arrange transport from the greyhound although this is an ongoing thing at the moment. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Nowhere to sit and play games in the evening except adjacent to bar, whcih was way too loud. No chairs in rooms or on balconies. TV room tiny with two chairs - why bother for such a huge premise.

Nice resort, really spacious, nice staff. Airlie is cool, I didn't have a chance to get to the Reef but probably should have done from Airlie!! I'd stay here again and may do on way back down the coast!

View all Airlie Beach Hostels