7.9
Very Good 776 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 776 Total Reviews
Nomads Airlie Beach Located at 354 Shute Harbour Road, , Airlie Beach.
Australia
Airlie Beach QLD 4802 354 Shute Harbour Road
79% 776
-20.2685102 148.7172809
    Rooms available

12th Aug 2016

Recently stayed at Nomads for one night after we took a whitsundays sailing trip leaving from airlie beach. We stayed in a 8 bed female dorm, and would highly recommend it! The room was beautifully clean, with two showers and en-suite facilities. The location was perfect, right in the centre of the airlie beach bars and shops and a short walk from where the boats leave. There were no lockers inside the room, however I felt the room itself was very safe.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Jul 2016

Apart from one very grumpy desk staff member (the rest were fine), and the check in time of 2pm (email said 1pm), was a great stay! Awesome facilities, clean room and comfy beds.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

Really nice setup. The rooms were pretty spacious and all had ensuites. Kitchen supplies could be improved but i really enjoyed how much space there was on the property and that we got cheaper meals at down under bar from staying there. Good travel agents that got us a really good deal on a hotel at Hamilton island.

26th Jul 2016
4.3

Average hostel...only stayed one night and that was enough. No kitchen facilities AT ALL without deposits (worst hostel kitchen ever seen) which closes at 9pm!! Bizarre.

25th Jul 2016

Big and nice place to stay! The location is great, The "negative" aspect is that there is not many things in the kitchen to cook.

• ocaputo544
  • Australia, Couple, 31-40
23rd Jul 2016
6.9

The website said check in opened at 1pm but it actually doesn't open until 2pm. There were lots of people waiting around and then a huge line for check in at 2pm. Staff were at the desk before so surely it would make more sense to check in people earlier and just tell them their room wouldn't be ready until 2pm? Also the amount of info asked at check in was excessive. The staff were very nice and I appreciate they were just doing their job.

16th Jul 2016
5.1

After an 8 hour delay due to floods, I called ahead and was assured there was a number on the side of the building to call for someone to let me in. I arrived and there was no reception and no number. I spent the night in my car. When I called to complain, each person declined to take any responsibility, offering beer for my homelessness and said there was a number at BASE, which was on the other end of the street. That would have been helpful to tell me there were TWO buildings when I called.

4th Jul 2016

Great place to stay in Airlie Beach. Clean and new facilities - there were double sinks and double showers in one of my 8-person dorm rooms! My friend and I also had the entire dorm to ourselves both times we stayed there, which was awesome. My only complaints are: 1. they did not pay back the key deposit that we put down on the room, even after returning the key (not cool guys), 2. staff were unfriendly but what do you expect, 3. wifi is slooooow.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
1st Jul 2016

Really enjoyed my stay here. The Hostel grounds felt like a mix between a resort and a hostel which I loved. Close to everything and not to loud during the nights. Also a great place to meet new friends when travelling alone, especially in the kitchen and the rooms. The kitchen was a bit underequipped so you had to wait for pans etc. Other than that a great hostel!

22nd Jun 2016
4.9

Great location. The overall cleanliness was rather bad. I found blood on my sheet that was not mine. There is nowhere to lock your valuables. It was really hard to meet people being a solo traveller. Everyone in my room was travelling with someone else in the room. They have an event each evening to get people together but when I went there was nobody there.