Nomads Airlie Beach Reviews

354 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Australia

Good hostel. I enjoyed my stay.

• 21st Jul 2015

Nice clean hostel, 2 showers in 8 bed room was very handy. Great pool and bar area. Perfect location. Staff friendly. Could have had more hostel run night events.

The only hostel without shuttle from greyhound. U will walk about 10 min Staff could be more friendly. No lockers in the room And you have to hire a set of plate, bowl, cup and cutlery for 10$ each and for pots&pans 5$ each otherwise there will be nothing in the kitchen. Location is good very central

Low staffed at reception meaning you always queue. Stored our luggage but always open for anyone to go in. TV room is a joke.

It's a nice hostel with spacious rooms. However, if you are after a good night's sleep, it may not be the right place to stay because it is a party hostel in the middle of a party town. The beds are average. No lockers in the rooms.

An average hostel, but what's very annoying is that you have to pay a deposit for every pot, plate, knife etc because they don't want people stealing stuff. You also have to pay for the luggage room, which is open all day. Bed sheets were not very clean either. But the outside area is very nice and the location too.

Only stayed one night, was clean enough. If you're on the top bunk the plug was a little out of reach. Not enough room in the dorms for everyone's bags. This is a party hostel and there is loud music playing til the early hours

Didn't have lockers in the dorms. Other than that, really enjoyed my stay & it was definately the cleanest hostel I've stayed at.

Nice chilled out hostel in quite a busy party town, I feel like they could put in a little more effort to get people into the hostel bar as it was always really quite. The ensuite bath room was pretty poor with not a lot of water pressure. But I would definitely stay again.

very well located, nice big rooms and good organised

Annoying you have to put a deposit for every piece of kitchen equipment, to cook a meal I had to make sure I had around $40 to use everything, it's ridiculous. The rooms are great, clean and spacious and a really good location. I was very surprised at how nice it was.

• 8th Apr 2015

This hostel is like a resort. Really enjoyed my stay here and I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Finland

I feel that having to have deposits to have a pan ect to cook your food with is unecessary, also it is not made aware prior to coming to nomads as some people like us didn't have the cash on us. Also there is away guy who works behind reception which I can only describe as rude. With this I would not stay again

Stayed in a 6 bed before going to the Whitsunday's. Large clean room, bathroom a bit grubby. Not enough plug's- 1 bed had 3 but there was only 2 for the rest in the room! 8 bed much cleaner but smaller and still not enough plug's for charging! Kitchen was much cleaner than expected from the other reviews. Annoying having to hire all crockery from reception and pay to store luggage whilst at the Whitsunday's but other than that it's a decent hostel.

In the 6 bed share you can see below and above the toilet and shower which isnt great

Great hostel, although having to put a deposit on for every single item of kitchen wear, knives, pots etc, seems abit much... But recommend!

I think the hostel could improve its atmosphere a lot if somehow they incentivized the guests to get along at the backyard or pub. They do have a happy hour, but it is not enough, since I have met more guests at the pub next to the hostel then at the hostel's pub itself. Great hostel though,I highly recommend it!

Good rooms and bathroom , rubbish free wifi the cooking facility's were poor could not bring my self to cook with so many flys in the kitchen

I stayed in an 8 bed female dorm and really liked it. Spacious and really clean! Great location. Only slightly annoying thing is if you buy the wifi - it doesn't work over in the back rooms where I was, so was a bit pointless as there is free slower wifi in reception.

The kitchen id disgusting! Who thought it would be a good idea to put a kitchen in the middle of a forest..? There are red ants everywhere so you can't leave your food in the kitchen without it getting swamped by ants.

View all Airlie Beach Hostels