Nomads All Nations Reviews

2 Spencer Street, Melbourne, Australia

Great location unfortunately very noisy from the trams passing the building but that's melbourne, overall I had a good stay.

Decent hostel however a few issues, takes an average of 10 minutes to get served at reception, the staff close the bathrooms at around 10am to clean them which is annoying when you want to wash! They also don't have an iron as advertised.

3 issues with this hostel (bar the property being extremely run down, no investment probably due to the for sale sign outside). 1) They close the bathrooms for cleaning at 9am... busiest time. 2) The one bathroom open was third floor which has shower heads which are basically taps so you can't properly wash. They also have the hot and cold signs the wrong way around. 3) 2 hours sleep is the maximum for the hostel being above a bar with people continually in and out - like a club in your room.

Was disappointed with no breakfast, location excellent for the casino and parks but the bath rooms were horrible with not enought or out of order only stayed one night thank god. Il not ever return there. Also no lockers in room that's not good enought there is lockers are outside at a extra price but not big enought for my back pack anyway. On summary for the location it's all that's got going for it. And also I think it's a dangerous fire trap with only one electrical point for 6 share

Good location near Southern Cross Station but could be noisy at weekend nights.

Hi and thanks for the great review! Sometimes it does get a bit loud because of our onsite bar and central location. Next time please let our 24 hour reception team know and they will be more then happy to move you to a quieter spot. See you next time. Safe travels, All Nations

Decent enough for a night or 2. Really good location, but other hostels are cleaner and better value for money... just not quite so central (only 10 min walk away).

The room was just in front of the tram and train tracks as well as at the crossing of two avenues therefore the noise was continuous and the room strongly lacking double glazing windows. Additionally, restrooms and showers are mixed and were always smelling very very bad. Lockers and wifi are not free and the kitchen was most of the time dirty. Finally when we arrived the staff didn't brief us about the different services neither were knowledgeable about Melbourne highlights.

Hi and thanks for taking the time to leave a review. As we are located smack bang in the middle of Melbourne it does get loud sometimes, a quick word with our 24 hour reception team and we will be more than happy to move you to a quieter side of the building. Our housekeeping team works around the clock to keep our bathrooms and common areas at a very high standard, if there is ever an issue a housekeeper will always be happy to help out. We also run a daily meet and greet for all new arrivals

Excellet locations, in the CBD just off Southern Cross Station. Good place for turist, but not for backpackers. The bad thing is there is not free wi-fi.

Hi and thanks for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately we don’t offer free wi-fi, however we have the cheapest rates in town- only $12 for a week. We also give all new arrivals 20mins free internet to check their Facebook and send their Mums and email! Hope to see you again soon. Love from the All Nations Crew

Awesome! I was upgraded to a 4 bed girls dorm. The old building

• 10th Oct 2014

Yewww! Thanks for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We always try to upgrade our guests if we have the spare space! Hope to see you soon. Love from the All Nations Crew.

Nice stay, met loads of great people. Staff were nice apart from one misserable guy called Tim. The staff and manager in U bar were lovely!!

I did not find this hostel to have a very welcoming atmosphere. My room was full of long-term backpackers who were not friendly and had no regard for the other backpackers staying in the room leaving the lights on and talking until around 1am every night, the kitchen was always a mess with not enough clean dishes to cook with and one day I returned from a night out to find the pillowcase missing off my bed along with my bottom bed sheet rolled up in a ball with no explanation.

Hi and thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know some of our long-term guests can be a bit messy so we try and keep them all together in one room. I am sorry you had a negative experience, in the future please come down and speak to one of our friendly receptionists and they will be happy to move you into a different room. For some reason backpackers love taking our plates and cutlery- don’t worry I have since ordered an additional 200 plates, knives and forks!

Great location. Kitchen is poorly equipped and tends to become a total mess if you do not use it early in the evening. Annoying having to pay for internet as an extra.

Hi and thanks for the great review. We are happy you love our central location and friendly staff . For some reason backpackers love taking our plates and cutlery- don’t worry I have since ordered an additional 200 plates, knives and forks! Unfortunately we don’t offer free wi-fi, however we have the cheapest rates in town- only $12 for a week. We also give all new arrivals 20mins free internet!

Very good hostel, excellent staff and good location

Thanks for the fantastic feedback- hope to see you again soon!

Thoroughly enjoyed all nations, staff were brilliant. Guests didn't clean after themselves in the kitchen but that's not the hostels fault. The bar is good downstairs too. Would definitely return

Thanks for the awesome feedback- hope to see you again soon!

The hostel wasnt very clean.

• 6th Sep 2014

Hi and thanks for leaving a review. All our rooms are cleaned daily by our house keeping team. If by some chance your room isn't up to standard, please see one of our friendly, 24 hour receptionist and they will be happy to help out. Our house keeping team works around the clock, 24 hours a day to maintain an exceptional cleanliness level. We are glad you enjoyed our central location and welcoming staff. Safe Travels, All Nations

The atmosphere is very good, I think that I will stay more days there.

Thanks for the great feedback! You are always welcome to come back!

Worst hostel I've ever stay. The only good thing is it is close to the train station and skybus stop. I stayed in a 10 mix dorm. Door smells, cold but there were mosquitoes, 2 plugs for 10 ppl ppl moving around at anytime! Alright, u get what u paid. YET, the most incredible thing was that someone climbed onto my bed at midnight! The bed was indeed her bed! But the staff told me that it's empty! I've never encountered such a problem! And security isn't good either seriously!

Hi and thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry your experience wasn’t a good one. If by some chance your room isn't up to standard, please see one of our friendly, 24 hour receptionist and they will be happy to help out. We are glad you enjoyed our central location. If you are back in Melbourne we would love the chance to have you back and give you the real all nations experience on us! Please speak to Sam. Hope to hear from you soon!

Great location and friendly staff

Thanks for the great review!

Has a ball at All Nations. Trivia was a hoot! Clean bathrooms and great vibe. The las on the travel desk gave me a great deal on a great ocean road trip too! I'll be back for sure!

very good location and comfortable bed!

Glad you enjoyed your stay- See you next time!