Nomads All Nations Reviews

2 Spencer Street, Melbourne, Australia

The hostel is in an excellent location, in the city centre and close to the main train station. The staff were super friendly and helpful, knew heaps about the city and gave me a free upgrade to an 8 bed dorm. There was loads of free stuff included, including a free welcome drink in the hostel bar downstairs which was a nice way to meet some people. I especially liked the free pancake mix. I really enjoyed my stay and I'll definitely be back if I'm ever in Melbourne again :)

I loved this hostel, the staff were amazing, they made me feel so welcome! I was worried as it was the first time travelling on my own but I was told about welcome drinks for newbies like me and ended up meeting loads of new people. The bar was brilliant, we all stayed after the welcome drinks and got cheap drinks because we were guests, absolutely loved it-hilarious night! Perfect location, friendly and helpful staff and great value for money. I'm definitely coming back here!!

• 26th Jan 2015

On the whole, a good stay. Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms are locked with key card access, plenty of bathrooms. Negatives: front door not always closed which means anyone can walk in, even at midnight. BIG NEGATIVE - mattresses have plastic covers on which resulted in heat rash because you're sleeping on plastic. Not ideal at all.

• 24th Jan 2015

WARNING: Currently infested with mosquitoes & should be avoided. Older facilities & cleaning organization severely lacking. Pests able to swarm freely throughout hostel and you will get bitten (15+ bites in 2 days). Even for a budget option, sadly does not meet basic sanitation needs. Kitchen was truly disgusting, mattresses unclean, showers marginal. Management could improve through: window bug screens, kitchen tea towels (so people can actually clean their dishes), better staff & cleaning

Apart from the noise being next to the main road and trains/trams, nice place to stay.

The location is perfect, rooms are clean and the bar down stairs is a great night. Thanks for the stay- see you next year!

• 21st Jan 2015

Not enough power points. There were 4 (all next to rachother, not spread out) in a room with 8 beds, which they put 9 people in because they let a couple share a bed (who had no shame or modesty, gross). No lockers either, only 1 big communal luggage room. No air con, so the window had to be open, which wouldve been fine but there was no fly screen to keep the Mosquitos out and the train tracks were right outside. Do not fall into lure of free pancakes.

• 21st Jan 2015

Kitchen very messy. Hard to sleep very noisy!

• 20th Jan 2015

I dont Know how to start !! We were in a very bad bad room ! The Window was impossible to closed so we have to sleep with the opened window. Mosquitos And trains was our room mates. No air cond ! TERRIBLE ! I dont understand how You can charge 30$ for that. The bathrooms are dirty and broken (no water pressure, only two showers for girls). The kitchen was dirty as well And we had only one plug in the room for 6 beds ! The 2 best things are the location And the bar.

We wanted to leave early as our experience at the hostel was so bad and they would not give us a refund. The hostel is so run down, unfriendly and we had an unbelievable rude bald headed man almost start a fight with us one night who was part of the staff it was so unprofessional. I would definitely avoid this hostel at all costs, there's plenty of other places to stop in Melbourne, that will give you a cheaper, better nights stay and friendlier service than nomads.

• 10th Jan 2015

For the amount you pay, this hostel is definitely not worth it. We were in a ten bed dorm, there were no working fans and no air con. Due to this, it just smelt of sweat. Between the whole room we are paying about 330dollars a night, surely you can afford working fans or air con when it's the height of summer outside.

• 9th Jan 2015

Hi L. Thanks for your comment. We are placing some lockers and fans in rooms to make it more organise. Lets remember that we have free WIFI, Pancake mix, pasta, rice, tea, coffee and more @ the hostel. So that add big value to the hostel. Cheers and we looking forward to see you at the hostel again. Nomads All Nations

This is an old hostel and although some bathrooms have been refurbished, there are also a lot of old bathrooms that look less clean and where you have no space to even put your toothbrush. Also every bathroom always has a toilet or a shower that is out of order... The kitchen is just grose, its too small, there is not enough cooking equipment, the pots and pans that are there often have a loose handle which makes it very dangerous to handle when cooking. But staff is really friendly and helpful.

free wifi is actually only 30 min. in my case 19 min on their computer, apparently because of roadworks. kitchen was a mess. fridge were overfilled resulting in everything becoming wet. clean bathrooms though. keep what you promise next time!

Nice hostel, good position (15 minutes by walk from the Business District) and nice stuff. I spent 3 nights in the 12 mix room and I was able to sleep. Funny and relax atmosphere.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Nice hostel I felt really safe there! Also the building and staff is extremely nice. The only bad thing were the road works going on outside but this is only a temporary issue!

• 1st Jan 2015

Nomads All nations is one of the best hostel I have ever stayed in! They may not be the most state of the art hostel but they make up for it in atmosphere, friendly staff and the craziest backpacker bar I have ever smashed pints at! God I love U-BAR!! The hostel does a great job at coming up with fun games and crazy adventures/pub crawls for guests. They are so welcoming you feel like your part of a big family exploring Melbourne. Perfect place if your traveling by yourself or in a small group.

• 30th Dec 2014

Thanks guys for my stay over New Years! Awesome location, happy Staff and excellent party in the Bar! Until the next one! Happy new year

• 30th Dec 2014

Happy New Year to you too! Thanks for the fantastic review!

Pnly complaint is that there were no lockers and our room was right above the train line

Hi and thanks for the great review. It does get a bit loud due to our central location. If your room is a little noisy we can always move you to a quieter area of the hostel. We do have lockers in the hostel too as well as a free luggage storage area. Safe Travels

No lockers in rooms. Absolutely anyone can just walk up the stairs into this hostel without passing through the front desk or any kind of door, there were even police inside one day. Sheets were stained and smelled funky as was the sheet which was being used as a curtain. Hostel cares more about nickel and diming you than helping you explore Melbourne. Convenient location to Southern Cross station. At least this place is cheaper than Melbourne's nicer hostels, but honestly it isn't worth it.

Staff were nice and helpful. Had some things going on in the bar while we were there. Not the cleanest/most well-maintained place (broken fridge leaking water in the kitchen, etc) but it wasn't a bad place to stay. The dorm we were in was really hot though, and the two wall-mounted fans in the room were apparently just decorative since none of us could get them running.