Nomads All Nations Reviews

2 Spencer Street, Melbourne, Australia

I booked 3 beds in a 4bed mixed dorm. On arrival there was one of the bed sheets stained with what looked like blood. And also there was a terrible smell of body odour in the room.

• 24th Apr 2015

Nice hostel in a great location. Friendly and helpful staff, facilities OK and some free stuff in the kitchen (pasta, rice, tea, coffee, sugar, flour) oh and free WiFi. Altogether a good place for a reasonable price. Would come again.

I had a one night stay at the hostel. The staff were friendly and welcoming. There's a place to store luggage and there are security cameras in the hostel so it felt safe. There was free wifi which is always a plus point, and you could have free tea/coffee too.

• 10th Apr 2015

Great staff on this centrally located hostel. Kitchen is small and untidy, but I enjoyed my stay very much. Weekly deals are great and you get free meals with that. Also free food is always welcome (free pasta, rice and pancake mixture all the time available in the kitchen). Nice events on bar downstairs. If you're not too fussy about cleaniness, you'll enjoy your stay for sure.

It is the worst one in my traveling life around the world( 20+ cities). Even China is better than this. You should find other one in Mel. I can write more than 1000 words to tell you how worse it is but the system can't. So I write briefly. Staff : Cold face, not helpful, come in your room every night to promoting their bar. Facilities: old wooden floor make noisy, you can hear the upper floor , and the train, car, motorbike every early morning,too. Toilets always dirty and out of order.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • LunChungggg

The toilets / bathrooms were not always clean & leaky taps wasted so much water

The women's bathroom had limited showers and bathrooms that were working. I stayed in a 10 mixed dorm and the man sleeping next to me was quite odd, which made me feel uncomfortable and scared. I ended up switching rooms and felt better. The next morning I was hit on by a 42-year old man who thought I was 19 y.o. Very creepy! To ensure the safety of visitors perhaps only allowing international passport holders stay would be a good idea & set age restrictions.

• 6th Apr 2015

Hi R. thanks for your comments and we have mostly international backpackers. You did very well to come at the reception and talk about it as its something we can do about it. We hope to see you again for more great time! Safe journeys Nomads All Nations

It's perfect location right in the CBD and very close to the Southern Cross Station. That makes it very convenient if you you just got to Melbourne or need to get to the Airport easily. Old building but very charming, and the staff are very helpful. They also got free WiFi, coffee, tea, rice and pasta which is awesome if you're a backpacker with low budget.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Very nice and helpful staff. Great location in the centre of melbourne. A lot of long-term backpackers staying in the hostel, but most are very welcoming to newcomers

• 30th Mar 2015

Reception staff are awesome and the little guy with a beard that fixes things is cool too! It's great that there's free stuff in the kitchen and a cheap bar too.

• 30th Mar 2015

Bad points: • Scored low on value for money - they took advantage of the busy weekend & doubled their prices which is pretty cheeky. Turned out to be a rip off. • The place is clean, but some guests are messy and disrespectful • Shower room was freezing cold Good points: • I wasn't able to carry my luggage up the stairs, and the staff were helpful enough to organise someone to carry it for me. • Location is pretty damn good - not far from the city at all. • The mattresses were really comfy!

Good location, staff were friendly however toilet can get gross but they are cleaned daily

• 25th Mar 2015

Eventrough I slept in a 8 bed room with six other boys I enjoyed the stay your hostel!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Stayed only for 1 night. In the morning check out is at 10, however, majority of bathrooms and toilets were closed for cleaning, which I thought was an inconvenient time so everyone was queuing to use the facilities.

• 21st Mar 2015

Hi H. Happy you overall had a great time. We will try to fix the inconvenience of toilet/bath cleaning. Safe travels, Nomads All Nations

Got mosquito bites everywhere from the room I stayed in. None of the showers were clean. I'm not usually one to moan but the showers definitely need sorting.

All in all, Nomads are doing a good job. However there are not enough toilets for the size of the hostel, and many of the toilet doors are broken.

Was the best hostel I have stayed in so far. Was a good atmosphere and the staff were great fun and really helpful. Neil, in particular, from reception was awesome help more than once! Anyone with good sense should be making this their first choice for staying in Melbourne!

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

a guy in his underpants hovered over people on the top bunk like a preying mantis and yelled "that is my bed!" a girl on the bottom bunk said "you checked out yesterday, youre not even supposed to be here!" - security is questionable. however none of my stuff got stolen and I felt safe. if youre looking for a place to sleep you wont find it here. ive stayed at hostels in SE Asia that are much better than this one in Australia.

Hi J Thanks for your comments. You can always find this kind of characters at hostels but it's important to let us know at the reception so we can do something about it as thats not a proper behaviour. We can't compare hostels in SE Asia with Australians as it's different places and so on. Safe journeys and until another one. Nomads all Nations.

Nomads All Nations lacked much of an atmosphere. The corridors were poorly lit and the building is old. The shower didn't have a place to hang things, and there were limited plugs for charging. Being relatively close to many attractions is a great thing!

Hi W. Thanks for your comments. Atmosphere: Bar events every days of the week, free welcome drinks to meet other travellers, meals every night and tours to meet people. Maybe you've missed these ones out. Next time! If you need more chargers come to reception and ask for it as we happily can provide more. Safe travels and until another one. Nomads All Nations

Really loud. had to use ear plugs. but that's ok, just bring them. Perfect location. SO CENTRAL. LOVED that. Strange smell on level two. Really basic for the twin share (which was fine for us too - because great value for money). No hooks on the back of shower doors, so you had to put all your clothes on the floor which is just ridiculous. Please fix that. Numerous times no toilet paper. Needs a better cleaning regime. Looks like a really fun place to stay tho to meet people.

Hi D. Thanks for your comments. Being in such a great location sometimes can bring downsides. Let us know next time on the spot we can fix strange smells, lack of toilet paper and so on. Safe journeys and see you soon Nomads All Nations

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4