Nomads All Nations Reviews

2 Spencer Street, Melbourne, Australia

Stayed in a 6 bed dorm. Room can be noisy due to being close to main road and tram. The staff who checked me in seemed really friendly. Bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen area are not perfect but have no complaints. Happy with my stay.

Fix the holes in the floor. Add air con to every room. It's Australia!! Ban smoking at the front entrance. Repaint the walls - it looks like a soviet building. Where's the lift? Remove the no refund policy - If you cannot offer the best facilities, the no refund policy should not be in place.

I've been travelling for 6 months and this is the worst hostel I've stayed in. Overpriced and dirty (partly because nobody cleans up after themselves in the kitchen but the bathrooms weren't particularly clean either). Lack of information given on check in - I'm not surprised people don't realise it's a dry hostel.

not the most central location, but close to train station. Not the cleanest place either. Pretty alright for what we paid, probably wouldn't stay there again though.

• 14th Feb 2015

my room had two single outlets for 4 people, and was full of mosquitos. I don't know if the fan that was set up, without a long enough cord to plug in was meant to ward off the mosquitos. no lockers in room, though they had a closet to put your stuff with everyone else's at your own risk. the only comfortable common area was the TV room,where the free Internet doesn't work. the location was very convenient though. it was a nice place to sleep if you could just ward off those mosquitos.

All I have to say about this hostel is AWESOME! I had a really great time there, the hostel is well-located, close to everything (bars, groceries, restaurants, tram station...) ! The staff is very helpfull and so friendly, I would definitely recommand this hostel to every travellers in Melbourne! Plus: a bar right downstairs with a lot of discounts for the guests and activities going on every night! Best time in Melbourne there!

• 10th Feb 2015

I absolutely loved nomads all nations hostel!! Comfy bed, hot water every time I showered, great location :) only thing I would recommend is take some ear plugs, the train line near makes it noisy! But I had a great stay and will definitely be using this hostel again!

• 9th Feb 2015

The staff are all very friendly and are willing to always help. There's a very good sense of community in the hostel and it's very easy to make friends. The bathrooms and rooms are always clean and nice. I had a great time here!

• 1st Feb 2015

Reception are very friendly and helpful. If you need any help all of the staff are very helpful. The atmosphere of the hostel is what this place is all about in my opinion, everyone enjoys Melbourne when they stay here

• 30th Jan 2015

So bad the staff where the worst ever, not a good hostel at all

• 29th Jan 2015

The hostel is in an excellent location, in the city centre and close to the main train station. The staff were super friendly and helpful, knew heaps about the city and gave me a free upgrade to an 8 bed dorm. There was loads of free stuff included, including a free welcome drink in the hostel bar downstairs which was a nice way to meet some people. I especially liked the free pancake mix. I really enjoyed my stay and I'll definitely be back if I'm ever in Melbourne again :)

I loved this hostel, the staff were amazing, they made me feel so welcome! I was worried as it was the first time travelling on my own but I was told about welcome drinks for newbies like me and ended up meeting loads of new people. The bar was brilliant, we all stayed after the welcome drinks and got cheap drinks because we were guests, absolutely loved it-hilarious night! Perfect location, friendly and helpful staff and great value for money. I'm definitely coming back here!!

• 26th Jan 2015

On the whole, a good stay. Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms are locked with key card access, plenty of bathrooms. Negatives: front door not always closed which means anyone can walk in, even at midnight. BIG NEGATIVE - mattresses have plastic covers on which resulted in heat rash because you're sleeping on plastic. Not ideal at all.

New welcoming and friendly hostel. Great staff always someone on reception really helpful. the hostel also has a lively bar attached always stuff going on and incredibly social! As well as all this the rooms are kept clean and is in a superb location, i would highly recommend staying at this hostel.

• 22nd Jan 2015

WARNING: Currently infested with mosquitoes & should be avoided. Older facilities & cleaning organization severely lacking. Pests able to swarm freely throughout hostel and you will get bitten (15+ bites in 2 days). Even for a budget option, sadly does not meet basic sanitation needs. Kitchen was truly disgusting, mattresses unclean, showers marginal. Management could improve through: window bug screens, kitchen tea towels (so people can actually clean their dishes), better staff & cleaning

Apart from the noise being next to the main road and trains/trams, nice place to stay.

The location is perfect, rooms are clean and the bar down stairs is a great night. Thanks for the stay- see you next year!

• 21st Jan 2015

Not enough power points. There were 4 (all next to rachother, not spread out) in a room with 8 beds, which they put 9 people in because they let a couple share a bed (who had no shame or modesty, gross). No lockers either, only 1 big communal luggage room. No air con, so the window had to be open, which wouldve been fine but there was no fly screen to keep the Mosquitos out and the train tracks were right outside. Do not fall into lure of free pancakes.

• 21st Jan 2015

Kitchen very messy. Hard to sleep very noisy!

• 20th Jan 2015

I dont Know how to start !! We were in a very bad bad room ! The Window was impossible to closed so we have to sleep with the opened window. Mosquitos And trains was our room mates. No air cond ! TERRIBLE ! I dont understand how You can charge 30$ for that. The bathrooms are dirty and broken (no water pressure, only two showers for girls). The kitchen was dirty as well And we had only one plug in the room for 6 beds ! The 2 best things are the location And the bar.

« first « Prev 1 2 3