Nomads All Nations Reviews

2 Spencer Street, Melbourne, Australia

Average budget hostel environment :) my 16 yo daughter loved the atmosphere and all the diverse pple around. We took earplugs as we always do when staying in melbourne they worked great to drown out the voices and pple coming and going all night. The room was extremely plain and linen wasn't the 'newest'. All facility's were good we were opposite the unisex bathroom so it was constant traffic all night but earplugs worked. Great atmosphere and perfect location . Just like camping but indoor !

• 22nd May 2015

Location is great; just opposite Southern Cross station and the staff are very nice but rooms were grubby and smelled unpleasant.

There weren't enough showers on each floor and when I stayed the shower on our floor was out of order so had to go to another floor, also the rooms didn't have curtains and there was a street light that shone in, also it is quite noisy as trams and trains go passed all night, but otherwise it was fine.

The cleanliness of the toilets and shower rooms are far beyond people expectations. Very limited shower rooms available for use.

• 4th May 2015
  • Malaysia

The staff were lovely and the room itself was fine, but the bathrooms were the filthiest I have ever encountered in a hostel. The same dirt was on the bathroom floor on my last day that was there on the first. The nearest shower cubicle had a stench of urine despite not being near a toilet. There were globules of salvia around the sink. There was removed body hair in a sink for days. I did not appreciate the fact that the bathrooms were unisex. The kitchen made my eyes water it was so repulsive.

• 1st May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

I booked 3 beds in a 4bed mixed dorm. On arrival there was one of the bed sheets stained with what looked like blood. And also there was a terrible smell of body odour in the room.

• 24th Apr 2015

Hi C Thanks for your comments. I'm a bit surprised for your comments. If something like that happened, please, let us know at the reception and we sort it out on the spot. Cheers and safe travels. Nomads All Nations

Nice hostel in a great location. Friendly and helpful staff, facilities OK and some free stuff in the kitchen (pasta, rice, tea, coffee, sugar, flour) oh and free WiFi. Altogether a good place for a reasonable price. Would come again.

Hi R We hope to see you again soon! Cheers and safe travels Nomads All Nations

I had a one night stay at the hostel. The staff were friendly and welcoming. There's a place to store luggage and there are security cameras in the hostel so it felt safe. There was free wifi which is always a plus point, and you could have free tea/coffee too.

• 10th Apr 2015

Hi N Thanks for your comments. Also we have free pasta, rice and pancake mix. As well as you can have Meal for free in the weekly rates. We hope to see you again soon! Nomads All Nations

Great staff on this centrally located hostel. Kitchen is small and untidy, but I enjoyed my stay very much. Weekly deals are great and you get free meals with that. Also free food is always welcome (free pasta, rice and pancake mixture all the time available in the kitchen). Nice events on bar downstairs. If you're not too fussy about cleaniness, you'll enjoy your stay for sure.

Hi A. Thanks for your great comments. We are working on our cleanliness to improve that section of the hostel to have a perfect hostel. We hope to see you again soon

It is the worst one in my traveling life around the world( 20+ cities). Even China is better than this. You should find other one in Mel. I can write more than 1000 words to tell you how worse it is but the system can't. So I write briefly. Staff : Cold face, not helpful, come in your room every night to promoting their bar. Facilities: old wooden floor make noisy, you can hear the upper floor , and the train, car, motorbike every early morning,too. Toilets always dirty and out of order.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • LunChungggg

Hi W. This comment seem pretty harsh. Let's talk about the good side of us: - FREE: Pancake mix, coffee, pasta, rice, tea, Meals, events and happy staff ready to help on the spot if you have any issues. Cheers and safe travels Nomads All Nations

The toilets / bathrooms were not always clean & leaky taps wasted so much water

Hi Y Please, next time come to reception and we are more than happy to fix that as soon as possible. Part of our customer policy to sort issues as soon as possible. We also provide a lot of benefits such as free coffee, tea, pancake, pasta, rice, Free meals, WIFI, and sooo on and on. We hope to see you again soon! Nomads All Nations

The women's bathroom had limited showers and bathrooms that were working. I stayed in a 10 mixed dorm and the man sleeping next to me was quite odd, which made me feel uncomfortable and scared. I ended up switching rooms and felt better. The next morning I was hit on by a 42-year old man who thought I was 19 y.o. Very creepy! To ensure the safety of visitors perhaps only allowing international passport holders stay would be a good idea & set age restrictions.

• 6th Apr 2015

Hi R. thanks for your comments and we have mostly international backpackers. You did very well to come at the reception and talk about it as its something we can do about it. We hope to see you again for more great time! Safe journeys Nomads All Nations

It's perfect location right in the CBD and very close to the Southern Cross Station. That makes it very convenient if you you just got to Melbourne or need to get to the Airport easily. Old building but very charming, and the staff are very helpful. They also got free WiFi, coffee, tea, rice and pasta which is awesome if you're a backpacker with low budget.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Very nice and helpful staff. Great location in the centre of melbourne. A lot of long-term backpackers staying in the hostel, but most are very welcoming to newcomers

• 30th Mar 2015

Reception staff are awesome and the little guy with a beard that fixes things is cool too! It's great that there's free stuff in the kitchen and a cheap bar too.

• 30th Mar 2015

Bad points: • Scored low on value for money - they took advantage of the busy weekend & doubled their prices which is pretty cheeky. Turned out to be a rip off. • The place is clean, but some guests are messy and disrespectful • Shower room was freezing cold Good points: • I wasn't able to carry my luggage up the stairs, and the staff were helpful enough to organise someone to carry it for me. • Location is pretty damn good - not far from the city at all. • The mattresses were really comfy!

Good location, staff were friendly however toilet can get gross but they are cleaned daily

• 25th Mar 2015

Eventrough I slept in a 8 bed room with six other boys I enjoyed the stay your hostel!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Stayed only for 1 night. In the morning check out is at 10, however, majority of bathrooms and toilets were closed for cleaning, which I thought was an inconvenient time so everyone was queuing to use the facilities.

• 21st Mar 2015

Hi H. Happy you overall had a great time. We will try to fix the inconvenience of toilet/bath cleaning. Safe travels, Nomads All Nations

Got mosquito bites everywhere from the room I stayed in. None of the showers were clean. I'm not usually one to moan but the showers definitely need sorting.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4