Nomads All Nations Reviews

2 Spencer Street, Melbourne, Australia

Stayed only for 1 night. In the morning check out is at 10, however, majority of bathrooms and toilets were closed for cleaning, which I thought was an inconvenient time so everyone was queuing to use the facilities.

• 21st Mar 2015

Hi H. Happy you overall had a great time. We will try to fix the inconvenience of toilet/bath cleaning. Safe travels, Nomads All Nations

Was the best hostel I have stayed in so far. Was a good atmosphere and the staff were great fun and really helpful. Neil, in particular, from reception was awesome help more than once! Anyone with good sense should be making this their first choice for staying in Melbourne!

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

a guy in his underpants hovered over people on the top bunk like a preying mantis and yelled "that is my bed!" a girl on the bottom bunk said "you checked out yesterday, youre not even supposed to be here!" - security is questionable. however none of my stuff got stolen and I felt safe. if youre looking for a place to sleep you wont find it here. ive stayed at hostels in SE Asia that are much better than this one in Australia.

Hi J Thanks for your comments. You can always find this kind of characters at hostels but it's important to let us know at the reception so we can do something about it as thats not a proper behaviour. We can't compare hostels in SE Asia with Australians as it's different places and so on. Safe journeys and until another one. Nomads all Nations.

Nomads All Nations lacked much of an atmosphere. The corridors were poorly lit and the building is old. The shower didn't have a place to hang things, and there were limited plugs for charging. Being relatively close to many attractions is a great thing!

Hi W. Thanks for your comments. Atmosphere: Bar events every days of the week, free welcome drinks to meet other travellers, meals every night and tours to meet people. Maybe you've missed these ones out. Next time! If you need more chargers come to reception and ask for it as we happily can provide more. Safe travels and until another one. Nomads All Nations

Really loud. had to use ear plugs. but that's ok, just bring them. Perfect location. SO CENTRAL. LOVED that. Strange smell on level two. Really basic for the twin share (which was fine for us too - because great value for money). No hooks on the back of shower doors, so you had to put all your clothes on the floor which is just ridiculous. Please fix that. Numerous times no toilet paper. Needs a better cleaning regime. Looks like a really fun place to stay tho to meet people.

Hi D. Thanks for your comments. Being in such a great location sometimes can bring downsides. Let us know next time on the spot we can fix strange smells, lack of toilet paper and so on. Safe journeys and see you soon Nomads All Nations

Great location, heaps of rooms. Toilets could do with a quick mid night clean from people out of the town as bins were overflowing and urine was all over a heap of toilet seats. Pics must be of a renovated room, one we had wasn't the best. No lockers of furniture except for the bunks. The common room couches belonged in a bin.

Hi J, Thanks for your comments. We are renovating rooms in the whole hostel so sooner than later all rooms will look fantastic. Let us know at the reception when toilet/shower needs attention and we will work on it asap. Hope to catch you another time. Safe travels. Nomads All Nations

Room was filthy when we arrived. Dirty socks and food scraps under beds. Sheets had stains all over them. Showers had had a proper clean in God knows how long and they decided to clean them at 10:30am. Convenient!!!!

Hi T. Thanks for your comments. We try to keep all as clean as possible. Sometimes we have long term guest that doesn't allow to do our job properly but you can always come to reception to get a proper clean if you ask for it. We clean every day toilets and showers. Safe journey Nomads All Nations

When I stayed, I got several times room key couldnt work. I went to reception each times to fix. Kitchen is very small for all guest. After I checked out, I rearized that forgot bath towel and went back to ask lost and found. receptionist said maybe in the lost property room, so I followed her but before the room she said wait here. and she came back with my bath towel which was very wet and dirty and some hairs(you usually find this stuck drain) she explained that they just washed. Full of lies

Hi T Thanks for your comment. About Key Card, sometimes it gets demagnetized depends on where you put it on. We should have made you aware of that. I don't see what my staff did wrong about searching for your towel with you apart of find it dirty (but at least we found it!). Maybe we should talk about actual facts: Free WIFI, pancake, tea, pasta, rice, welcome drink, events every night, tacos, bbq, pizza, etc etc. Safe travels and we hope to see you again. Nomads All Nations.

Great place to stay, really friendly staff and central location. Girl at the travel desk was very helpful! Would definitely stay here again 😊

• 2nd Mar 2015

Pretty rubbish experience here to be honest. They charged us $44 each to stay the night in a 10 bed shoebox. Atmosphere was good if you're into fairly constant drinking, but that's about all I can say.

Hi L. Thanks for your comments. Probably you came at the time where loads of amazing things happened at the same time therefore that price was valuable. Consider the amount of things we give away: WIFI, pancake mix, pasta, rice, tea, coffee, welcome drink, events, some food, etc etc etc. Seems like an awesome place to stay. Safe travels! Nomads All Nations

Stayed in a 6 bed dorm. Room can be noisy due to being close to main road and tram. The staff who checked me in seemed really friendly. Bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen area are not perfect but have no complaints. Happy with my stay.

Hi R. Thanks for your comments. We are working on this common areas. Ideally people will clean a bit after themselves. glad you enjoy your time. Safe travels. Nomads All Nations.

Far too hot, need fan in the rooms. Very noisy but to be expected due to location. Don't actually get free pancakes but instead pancake powder and you have to make them yourself, if you can find a clean saucepan. Do get a free drink at bar and the bar is fairly cheap. This hostel is good if you have to get an early coach or perhaps if you are getting in late and don't want to travel far, otherwise go elsewhere if you want to sleep.

Hi R. thanks for your comments. We have fans in rooms as advertised. You actually get Pancake mix as advertise also WIFI, Pasta, Rice, Tea, Coffee, Pizza, Tacos, BBQ, music, events and great staff/atmosphere. Perfect location also if you come for most of the events in town as Eitihad is around the corner and trans to Fed Sq are 10 seconds away and for free! Until the next one! Safe travels, nomads All Nations

I've been travelling for 6 months and this is the worst hostel I've stayed in. Overpriced and dirty (partly because nobody cleans up after themselves in the kitchen but the bathrooms weren't particularly clean either). Lack of information given on check in - I'm not surprised people don't realise it's a dry hostel.

Hi J. It's good to show the good side of the place you've stayed in: - FREE: Pancake mix, pasta, rice, WIFI, coffee, tea, tacos, BBQ (bar events), live music, free walking tour, kitchen facilities, free tram and PERFECT LOCATION. We are the cheapest place in the centre right next to all the places to visit in town. safe travels, Nomads All Nations.

not the most central location, but close to train station. Not the cleanest place either. Pretty alright for what we paid, probably wouldn't stay there again though.

• 14th Feb 2015

Hi R. Thanks for your comment however I disagree about not being the most central when we are 2 minutes from southercross and 10 from Flinders, all surrounded by free trams and walking distance to main attractions. Cleaning wise we are improving but we need everyone's collaboration as people can clean after themselves (dishes, etc). Hope you've enjoyed our FREE WIFI, pancake mix, pasta, rice, tacos, BBQ, music and so on! Until another time and safe travels. Nomads All Nations.

my room had two single outlets for 4 people, and was full of mosquitos. I don't know if the fan that was set up, without a long enough cord to plug in was meant to ward off the mosquitos. no lockers in room, though they had a closet to put your stuff with everyone else's at your own risk. the only comfortable common area was the TV room,where the free Internet doesn't work. the location was very convenient though. it was a nice place to sleep if you could just ward off those mosquitos.

Hi N Thanks for your comment. Please, next time you have issues about Mosquitos or fan cords, come to reception as we have the solution for you. You can place your valuable stuff at the reception at not extra cost. We have super fast $4 internet if you want WIFI everywhere and free wifi for small internet deals. FREE pancake mix, pasta, rice, tea, rice, coffee, tacos, pizza, BBQ and a lot extra in the bar to enjoy. Hope you enjoyed your stay. Safe travels. Nomads All Nation.

All I have to say about this hostel is AWESOME! I had a really great time there, the hostel is well-located, close to everything (bars, groceries, restaurants, tram station...) ! The staff is very helpfull and so friendly, I would definitely recommand this hostel to every travellers in Melbourne! Plus: a bar right downstairs with a lot of discounts for the guests and activities going on every night! Best time in Melbourne there!

• 10th Feb 2015

I absolutely loved nomads all nations hostel!! Comfy bed, hot water every time I showered, great location :) only thing I would recommend is take some ear plugs, the train line near makes it noisy! But I had a great stay and will definitely be using this hostel again!

The staff are all very friendly and are willing to always help. There's a very good sense of community in the hostel and it's very easy to make friends. The bathrooms and rooms are always clean and nice. I had a great time here!

• 1st Feb 2015

Reception are very friendly and helpful. If you need any help all of the staff are very helpful. The atmosphere of the hostel is what this place is all about in my opinion, everyone enjoys Melbourne when they stay here

• 30th Jan 2015

So bad the staff where the worst ever, not a good hostel at all

• 29th Jan 2015

Hi Z I'm quite shocked about this comment. Usually we have great comments about Staff and they deal pretty fast with issues and in friendly manners. Hope you are confusing with another place. Sorry for any inconvenience. Safe travels Nomads All Nations.

« first « Prev 1 2 3