Nomads All Nations Reviews

2 Spencer Street, Melbourne, Australia

Staff were very friendly and welcoming, the cleanliness of the bathrooms wasn't great, but you can't expect much when there is so many others using it! Would definitely stay again!!

• 23rd Jan 2016

There were no curtains or blinds in the dorms. Kitchen was very small making it difficult to cook in due to the amount of people trying to cook at the same time.

So nosiy. Too hot. Messy facilities. Dirty sheets. Poor value for money. Would of been better off spending the in park

It was very hot; I was unable to get any rest due to the soaring temperatures in the room, even with a fan and windows open. The linens were in poor condition - dirty sheets and pillow case. Staff was friendly and location was perfect.

The male staff were very rude and there seemed to be one rule for people working at the hostel (with free accommodation) and another rule for those actually paying to stay. We were told we couldn't drink after 9pm (like being a child again!) but we saw staff drinking much later than this. There was no atmosphere at this hostel at all, mainly due to the fact most people there were long termers who were working and not interested in travellers on a short stay. No outside area either.

Security is terrible! Dorm rooms are always being left open and ANYBODY could just walk in off the street and go straight into just about any room. The internet is a serious issue. You shouldn't have to PAY for the internet at a backpackers EVER! The location of the hostel is amazing. 2 minutes walk from Southern Cross station is fantastic.

Rooms don't have lockers. Only one set of approx 15 lockers on level 2 for all guests. Old building. Rooms could do with some new paint and floor boards.

The hostel is in a great location and a cheap price but you get what you pay for. The door to the room didn't close properly and two people in the room had thing stolen. Both times which the staff didn't care at all and said they weren't responsible. Overall, a couple of the staff are friendly but the rest were rude and unfriendly. It is ridiculous that you have to go down to the travel shop to get the wifi everyday when the front desk could just tell you, but they won't if you ask.

• 9th Dec 2015

No AC in dorms, staff were smokers and water in dining area. However, decent location and clean bathroom

I came to Australia because the I thought the people are so friendly and easy going, your morning until afternoon staff on the Sunday proved me wrong. Never had been treated worse. Ignorant and totally unfriendly. They forgot how to smile and be kind. That's your freakin job... Well, the kitchen is clean but small. Definitely not enough fridges. Atmosphere was not at all social, maybe because of the staff, who are walking around without a smile or even interest in the guests. Whatever..

A bit louder than i would normally like but great place to meet other travellers

I honestly had the best time here! It's definitely not the cleanest hostel in the world and the unisex bathrooms I found a bit odd but it's a really good location and I met some of the best people, there's always something to do and new people in and out constantly so easy to meet people if you're new to the city! I paid for a weeks wifi and it was really fast and always worked in my room. Would recommend this hostel to anyone new to Melbourne and wanting to stay in the city centre!

The price was about triple what's normal because Melbourne had a lot of events on that weekend. So it was a crazy amount of money to pay for a pretty crappy hostel. No fans or air con in the room and pretty unfriendly staff. The bathrooms were really gross. The location is good for Southern Cross Station.

• 5th Dec 2015

Room was large and decrepit with a jammed open window looking out onto the hot and busy street. Due to its proximity to the train station, the room shook with each passing shuttle, and in between there was the din of street sweepers and overheard arguments. A cheap desk fan was oddly attached to the wall, its cord dangling uselessly. No facilities in the hostel meant I spent my time in the corner of the room imagining myself squatting in a war torn country waiting for the horror to pass. 1/10.

• 5th Dec 2015

Great staff looked after me on my first day gave me a free towel to use which helped out a lot, pub they have is deadly (awesome) and gives discounts on drinks. It's my first hostel I've ever been to and would recommend it to anyone in Australia to check it out. Or traveling like myself from Ireland

• 3rd Dec 2015

This has to be the worst hostel I have stayed in Australia. It's old, dirty and tacky. Our room was old half the wall was braking off and at night it's so noisy as due to the traffic and trains all night long.

I experienced some problems that I wasn't expecting due to the high rate of this hostel. The door of my room fell, the hostel is pretty close to a train station and it's noisy all the time, there weren't enough power socket for everyone, I had to wait for a long time to check in and the worse was how we got treated by one of the woman staff by night when we were drinking at the kitchen. We saw some people drinking earlier and there were no signs about it anywhere and she was very rude with us!

• 23rd Nov 2015

Hostel was generally quite good, however there were no lockers in the cabins.

We had two stays there (3 nights in total) and we'd get back there anytime. Nice place, excellent location (a short walk from the station), cheap and very friendly. Definitely recommend.

Bathrooms didn't have any hangers. Rooms weren't clean.

• 18th Nov 2015