Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Very well located. Old beds. Pretty small rooms. Only two sockets in the 8 bed room. Sauna is small but still good as it is for free.

An OK hostel on good location with no atmosphere. Staff in the reception are fine but the rest (social activities) were non existing or in a super bad mood. Honestly on of the most boring hostels I have been to in my 5 months of traveling. However, it's clean and in good location.

I'm having a good time in the hostel (booked more days). Good place to meet people like on the nice terrace on top of the building and the chill out room and the bar next door. Staff is helpfull. Great location from bars and shops,... Rooms and bathrooms are clean most of the time's. Only minors are the rooms are really small and what I find anoying is that there are those "reduce your carbon footprints" in toilets and lights but then I find leaking showers and toilets just waisting water.

Staff are friendly. Location is good. Bathroom facilities were nice. However, it was dirty and the atmosphere isn't great but many large hostels are like this. This is the norm in Auckland.

I know they are in the process of updating the mattresses. But that was one thing, having paid for a single room so paying for two people even though there was just myself, the mattress on the double bed was so thin I pulled down the single mattress which was thicker but had hollows in it to be able to sleep.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Had a good time, kitchen and balcony are really nice. Only recommendation from my side is the kitchen equipment should be expanded, something to make coffee with is really necessary. There was no coffee available from reception in the morning when we asked.

Generally pretty good - very big hostel with a nice bar (if a bit overpriced). Internet access comes at a charge and is slow - best go elsewhere.

Location is very good, very convenient for walking around and take the airport shuttle bus. But the room are very crowded, too many bunked beds for a so tiny space, no really nice to stay in there.

Good: Lockers under beds. Key cards system. Elevator. Friendly staff on reception. Good location. Plugs in common area. Bad: Kitchen is terrible, not enough room and no one washes their own stuff. Fridges overfilled and my stuff stolen from them. Idiots smoking weed on roof terrace. Bugs. Room of 6 had TWO PLUGS in a very hard to reach spot. Bunk bed bar broken leaving very sharp and dangerous bare metal! Toilets pretty dirty - urine everywhere. Idiots banging on doors in the night.

Hi there, thank you for your review.We will pass on your feedback to our staff! We know our kitchen is small for the size of the hostel but unfortunately due to the building layout/setup we can only make use of the nice outside roof top area in summer.We will get our maintenance guy to remove the broken bars immediately to avoid any injuries.Our cleaning team is in the bathrooms and common areas up to 4x/day but unfortunately there will still be times when people make a mess. Thanks Management

First of all, I had a fantastic time for the night I was there Security: you had a lockable cupboard underneath your bed (dorm room) Location: perfect, just a 30 second walk from queen street Staff: no faults, good staff, smiling, which is the main thing! Explained everything well Atmosphere: dull at start, got better, much better Cleanliness: room perfect, everywhere else, really poor, shower/sink area wasn't cleaned the whole 21 hours I was there Facilities: standard

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Hi there, thank you very much for your review. Thank you for the feedback we will make sure to pass it onto our staff. The cleanliness however is not satisfying at all! We have cleaning staff working 24hrs and this should never have been an issue and is rather disappointing! We hope you will give us another chance and decide to stay with us again in the near future. All the best, Nomads Auckland Management

Just an average hostel. You have to pay for wifi even though they advertise free wifi. Booo!

Hi there, thank you very much for your feedback. We do offer free WiFi in our travel shop only! The Internet inside the hostel cost $4/day. We hope you were able to make use of our great free facilities like the Spa and Sauna and the daily walking tours around Auckland?! Enjoy the rest of your trip. Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

Stayed for two nights in a private room. Received an upgrade on check in to a room with a window, which was appreciated, but meant that the bar was directly below my room and noisy being a Friday and Saturday night. Chose this hostel based on location, and that didn't disappoint, super easy to get around the central Auckland area where we were based and pop back if you need anything. For over $90 a night, a hand towel and bath mat would have been nice, and the room was pretty sparse.

Hi there, thanks very much for your review.We are glad you received your free upgrade and unfortunately the noise from the bar is out of our control but we supply free ear plugs from reception to help with the noise level. We hope to see you again some time soon. Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

Hostel has an amazing location, other than that everything else was dissapointing. Staff keep sending me downstair, to th MAD TRAVEL AGENCY everytime I asked them something. And the guy in the travel agency wasn't of ANY HELP! Had to figure out everything by myself.... pretty useless receptionist for working in a hostel...

Hi there, thank you very much for your review!I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our staff.Our travel shop can help out with all enquiries Australasia related and are the best contact for any questions.Our reception staff is more than happy to help out as well but they can get very busy at times and can't give detailed information.We will follow up as this is not up to our standards!My contact is nadine@nomadsworld.com pls contact me. Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

The hostel it situated in a great position, in the middle of the CB district. The staff is helpful and cool. Rooms are clean and bed comfy. A wifi free would be something to consider in the future. Paying for having 24hrs of wifi and no possibilities of pausing it's something to really valid for a good hostel

Really cool staff and perfect location! I know this is quite common here in NZ, but Nomads should give free wifi in the bedrooms like most hostels in Europe do. Unfortunately you gotta pay to have that. That's my only complaint.

Fine but atmosphere is lacking a bit

We arrived late and went out straight after so haven't spend too much time in a hostel but from what I've seen it's a good enough place to stay. Bar in the facilities is definitely a big bonus.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Kitchen is the most essential for backpackers. remember we are backpackers is not hotelers. We save by cooking our own meal. We spent on 20 dollars groceries can stretch us up to 4 meals or some even longer. Bed and pillow is equally important. Some pillow and mattress are so thin that we can feel the bed bone. Blanket and linen is good for time being.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

It's in the City Center and everything is easy commutable from here. Rooms are good and staff is helpful. Really liked this place.

Clean but very very small.. Ok for short stay. Great location.

• 23rd Jul 2014