Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

massive hostel, kitchen gets far to busy, alcohol not allowed! WTF! you have to pay for the wifi.....overall, overpriced and below average. stay elsewhere (bamber house)

We stayed at Nomads for two nights in Auckland. It's right in the city center, which is nice. The atmosphere is a little more commercial than preferred, but the facilities were good and the place felt safe. We'd stay here again.

Emailed about rebooking and didn't get a response for over 24 hours.

• 22nd Nov 2014

The Hostel was overall good, however there where to many groups as a single traveller it was hard to find mind liked travelers. ( I got some bits...not happy)

• 22nd Nov 2014

Hostel was totally functional, but internet availability needs to be offered for all guests across all floors (e.g., at least 500MB per person per day). The current system of needing to go down to a travel agency for only an hour of wifi is ridiculous - at best. Also need at least two to three more big refrigerators in the kitchen to accommodate all the guests; currently individuals need to squeeze what they have amidst others' items - and it is a nightmare! LOL!

I was very impressed with this hostel! Great location, room was lovely, I will definitely be going back!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Very well located. Old beds. Pretty small rooms. Only two sockets in the 8 bed room. Sauna is small but still good as it is for free.

An OK hostel on good location with no atmosphere. Staff in the reception are fine but the rest (social activities) were non existing or in a super bad mood. Honestly on of the most boring hostels I have been to in my 5 months of traveling. However, it's clean and in good location.

I'm having a good time in the hostel (booked more days). Good place to meet people like on the nice terrace on top of the building and the chill out room and the bar next door. Staff is helpfull. Great location from bars and shops,... Rooms and bathrooms are clean most of the time's. Only minors are the rooms are really small and what I find anoying is that there are those "reduce your carbon footprints" in toilets and lights but then I find leaking showers and toilets just waisting water.

Staff are friendly. Location is good. Bathroom facilities were nice. However, it was dirty and the atmosphere isn't great but many large hostels are like this. This is the norm in Auckland.

I know they are in the process of updating the mattresses. But that was one thing, having paid for a single room so paying for two people even though there was just myself, the mattress on the double bed was so thin I pulled down the single mattress which was thicker but had hollows in it to be able to sleep.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Had a good time, kitchen and balcony are really nice. Only recommendation from my side is the kitchen equipment should be expanded, something to make coffee with is really necessary. There was no coffee available from reception in the morning when we asked.

Generally pretty good - very big hostel with a nice bar (if a bit overpriced). Internet access comes at a charge and is slow - best go elsewhere.

Location is very good, very convenient for walking around and take the airport shuttle bus. But the room are very crowded, too many bunked beds for a so tiny space, no really nice to stay in there.

the bed was very uncomfortable and stained. at night it was very loud from the neighboring clubs.

Good: Lockers under beds. Key cards system. Elevator. Friendly staff on reception. Good location. Plugs in common area. Bad: Kitchen is terrible, not enough room and no one washes their own stuff. Fridges overfilled and my stuff stolen from them. Idiots smoking weed on roof terrace. Bugs. Room of 6 had TWO PLUGS in a very hard to reach spot. Bunk bed bar broken leaving very sharp and dangerous bare metal! Toilets pretty dirty - urine everywhere. Idiots banging on doors in the night.

Hi there, thank you for your review.We will pass on your feedback to our staff! We know our kitchen is small for the size of the hostel but unfortunately due to the building layout/setup we can only make use of the nice outside roof top area in summer.We will get our maintenance guy to remove the broken bars immediately to avoid any injuries.Our cleaning team is in the bathrooms and common areas up to 4x/day but unfortunately there will still be times when people make a mess. Thanks Management

First of all, I had a fantastic time for the night I was there Security: you had a lockable cupboard underneath your bed (dorm room) Location: perfect, just a 30 second walk from queen street Staff: no faults, good staff, smiling, which is the main thing! Explained everything well Atmosphere: dull at start, got better, much better Cleanliness: room perfect, everywhere else, really poor, shower/sink area wasn't cleaned the whole 21 hours I was there Facilities: standard

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Hi there, thank you very much for your review. Thank you for the feedback we will make sure to pass it onto our staff. The cleanliness however is not satisfying at all! We have cleaning staff working 24hrs and this should never have been an issue and is rather disappointing! We hope you will give us another chance and decide to stay with us again in the near future. All the best, Nomads Auckland Management

Just an average hostel. You have to pay for wifi even though they advertise free wifi. Booo!

Hi there, thank you very much for your feedback. We do offer free WiFi in our travel shop only! The Internet inside the hostel cost $4/day. We hope you were able to make use of our great free facilities like the Spa and Sauna and the daily walking tours around Auckland?! Enjoy the rest of your trip. Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

Stayed for two nights in a private room. Received an upgrade on check in to a room with a window, which was appreciated, but meant that the bar was directly below my room and noisy being a Friday and Saturday night. Chose this hostel based on location, and that didn't disappoint, super easy to get around the central Auckland area where we were based and pop back if you need anything. For over $90 a night, a hand towel and bath mat would have been nice, and the room was pretty sparse.

Hi there, thanks very much for your review.We are glad you received your free upgrade and unfortunately the noise from the bar is out of our control but we supply free ear plugs from reception to help with the noise level. We hope to see you again some time soon. Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

Hostel has an amazing location, other than that everything else was dissapointing. Staff keep sending me downstair, to th MAD TRAVEL AGENCY everytime I asked them something. And the guy in the travel agency wasn't of ANY HELP! Had to figure out everything by myself.... pretty useless receptionist for working in a hostel...

Hi there, thank you very much for your review!I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our staff.Our travel shop can help out with all enquiries Australasia related and are the best contact for any questions.Our reception staff is more than happy to help out as well but they can get very busy at times and can't give detailed information.We will follow up as this is not up to our standards!My contact is nadine@nomadsworld.com pls contact me. Thanks Nomads Auckland Management