Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

They shouldn't have had 8 beds in there. Six would have sufficed. Also, not very smart when they put the ladder to the top bunk against the wall. Now I have to jump up and down and it's annoying and loud for the other guests. However, still a nice place to stay and I would stay there again if I were headed to Auckland.

We had a great stay at Nomads Auckland. Hostel is very clean & tidy and looks like it has around the clock cleaners to make sure it stays this way which was good. Reception is 24 hours and the staff are very friendly and helpfully. They offer free city walking trips which is a massive bonus especially if you are new to Auckland and the wi-fi was fast and only cost $4 for 24 hours. There are a lot of hostels in Auckland but we would definitely choose to stay here again and recommend to friends.

• 20th Mar 2015

One particular Scottish man was very rude behind the counter. I'd go elsewhere just for that. The bar staff were great. My room was smelly. It was a private room. Loud and over the bar which didn't give much rest. My bed fell through when I laird down. There were no slats. Made it work. Wifi cost $4 but it was great. I'd stay elsewhere there are more hostels to choose from.

Very helpful staff, available at all times.

As an older person who knows and accepts the constraints of a cheap bed in a shared dorm, I found this hostel to be well organised, clean, friendly and accommodating. While city noise can be a hindrance to a good nights sleep if you are not used to it, its central location is a huge plus to any day or night time entertainment and a very short walk to the US consulate.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Really nice hostel, only issue was the rooms where boiling and there's no fans and as its in the city it can be very loud in the evenings, but that's what you get for being in the city! Also found that the atmosphere was a bit flat, no one really wanted to talk to anyone else, but that's not the hostels fault it's the people!

The staff where good helpful and freindly. But bathrooms could have been cleaner and the 8 bed dorm I had was pretty cramped. But hey for a busy city centre hostel it's not to bad!

Good hostel in central Auckland. Quite clean and huge amount of showers and toilets. Stayed in a 10 bed dorm and it had a good atmosphere. Perfect location, close to everything in the CBD. Rooftop deck area had great views but kitchen was somewhat dirty. Also, the line at reception was always quite long! Would stay again though, much better than Base!

• 8th Mar 2015

Good location. Love sitting on the bean bag on first floor.

Average. Grotty and downtrodden, I didn't get a good feeling in this place. In favour, toilet and shower facilities were plentiful and reasonably clean, and regular bar crawls run from the hostel. The rooms were dog-eared and security within the rooms themselves minimal. Wi-Fi access was both expensive and shoddy: a dire combination that is seemingly endemic in New Zealand. Few positives overall, but it'll do if your priorities are a bed in central Auckland on a tight budget.

I wasn't informed of the check out time for the next day. I was under the impression it would be the standard before 12:00. But on checking out I was told I was told I was very late as check out is earlier than 10.

Decent hostel with friendly staff. Great location in the city. Rooms were quite small and the bunk beds were really old and squeaked a lot!

When I got to the hostel, they didn't have keys for all guests, so a lot of people have to come in with another guests. That being said, I guess there were a lot of people sleeping in the hostel that were not guests and some of them even used other hostels bracelets. The room I stayed in could only fit 4 people comfortably or maybe 6 people with some space for the bags, but it was a 8 people dorm! I had no place to open my bag and I had to sleep with it in my bed!

4 bed ensuite dorm was tiny. it did have a window but it was a roof one, so couldn't be opened. the room was boiling

This hostel had good points-- it was right in the city, the staff in their travel help área next door was awesome, there were always showers and toilets available... But there were some bad points too-- the dormrooms are really hot, there was always a line down in reception, and because there were so many people staying here things like your food getting stolen out of the fridge were common.

Useful staff and excellent location

• 23rd Feb 2015

If you're looking for somewhere to just sleep it probably wasn't the best option but for a longer, more fun stay I think this would of been a great hostel. It was right in the middle of downtown so at night the music/people were loud. The beds, room, bathroom was clean but there wasn't any air conditioning and not many outlets in the rooms. Overall a good stay for a night.

Nice basic big busy hostel. Nice staff and facilities. Bit loud at night but it's a city centre hostel so you expect that.

Despite the success that this hostel seems to have (there is a permanent queue at the reception - partially justifiable with staff's slowness), I didn't find it that great. I was in a 10-bed dorm which was ridiculously small. Seriously, there was barely space to walk. Plus, the staff was pretty incompetent, even though very friendly. I understand many staff members were new and needed training, but as a result in 2 days they denied that I had already paid, and overbooked my room several times.

I would not call that an hostel, it's more like a "bed industry". And the fact that you have to pay to get Internet more than 1h, it's a shame.

« first « Prev 1 2 3