Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

The front desk treated me like I was a bit of an idiot for asking questions. The travel shop below was extremely helpful and friendly though.

• 25th Sep 2015

Great location. But Beds are not great, squeaky. Lack of charging points in room.

The location es awesome, the crew is nice and always willing to help and the atmosphere is really cool. The place have serious problems with the beds, wich are extremely old, especially the matresses. You can feel the springs all over your body. I slept in 3 different rooms and all the beds are the same.Nomads is doing a god job, but they need to invest in new beds and a some painting (there is certain areas that are nice but they look really old) Kitchen and restrooms were never really clean

Great rooftop and location would recommend. Thin walls

• 12th Sep 2015

Good location it's 24hrs I checked in at 1am with no problems. Everyone was very nice met some great people near the ferries if you'd like to take a day trip to near by island. I'd stay here again

Good organisation of nightly activities and comfy hostel beds. Rooms are very cramped though!

The staff was not very friendly and didn't take time to answer questions. The whole building is old and not clean. I stayed in a female dorm and the beds were halfway broken. I also have to mention that the walls were thin as paper, so you could here everything of the floor hall and also of the guys one level above (walking). I wouldn't recommend this hostel at all and won't stay here again.

The bed was a nightmare. The blanket was thicker than the mattress, and the wooden frame was painful.

Very nice, good location, good laundry facilities and the girl working those days in reception was perfect!! So helpful, nice and funny!

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Finland

I had a really great stay at Nomads Hostel. The staff was very friendly and the bar attached to the hostel was fun and a very social environment. It is in a great location in Auckland where you can walk to anything, and the hostel has activities each week like a walking tour through the city and climbing Mt. Eden. The kitchen got a little crowded but overall it was a great experience!

Hostel was really loud all through the night with paper thin walls. Only good thing was the location! The kitchen was constantly disgusting and you could barely fit 3 people in there to cook. Only one fridge for food storage which can't fit even half of all the guests stuff so my Food went bad. Overall what I have come to expect from nomads in general.

Loved the rooftop spa! Lots of showers and toilets, big individual lockers in rooms and a great location. Only downside was that i was told that the wifi i purchased would work in my room as well as the common areas but that wasn't the case. So that was a waste of money. Would go back though!

Great location, Decent beds, and good clean showers.

Place was not bad, I had access to laundry. People were friendly and they minded their own business. My room was pretty sanitary. I wouldn't mind staying here again.

Stains on my sheet, pillow and bed which I never saw until second night as I got in when the light was off. Really rude staff, condescending and annoying. Definitely a lot of potential considering the location and facilities. Just needs a good clean and nicer staff. Unfortunately this was the worst hostel we stayed at in NZ.

Looked good, was good .complaints

Very much enjoyed being connected to the bar. The social area on the top floor was great.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Cheery helpful staff. Well stocked kitchen but could do with being open before 7am so people can get breakfast before catching the bus. Free wifi in the travel shop was really appreciated.

Free internet only until 7pm (arrived just after) and only in their "travel" agency. Never asked to see card to get in and doors just open most times. Room smelled like a pig pen and looked like one too. Just a big corporate sterile experience... Wipe nomads chain off those hostels to stay at!

The window in my room was broken and couldn't be shut down so I was ill the next morning. FIX THE F*** WINDOW!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3