Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Cleanliness really poor, one shower had the same little pile of body hair in the corner for all 4 nights I was there. Second, the noise from the bar made it impossible to sleep before 2am even on week nights, and I was on the 4th floor. The third thing that bothered me was that nomads presents itself as very friendly but the staff's behaviour to the omnipresent adverts made me conclude they're only interested in getting guests to buy stuff (ie, kiwi experience) otherwise they're not interested.

Would have been a lovely stay, had they not started playing Miley Cyrus all through the hostel at 9:30am (something that they have inexplicably decided to do every morning) after we had had a 10 hour flight, jet lagged, and most definitely needed our sleep. The hot tub advertised did not appear to be open or available to use at any point during stay.

• 16th Jun 2015

Our 8 bed dorm should have really been a 6 bed, there was absolutely no space for our stuff. The bathrooms and showers were flawless, with many cubicles and hot water. The kitchen was well equipped too, just for the vastness of the hostel, didn't have enough space. Free wifi in the shop next door. If you're out to meet people, I'd suggest a slightly smaller hostel. Overall a fairly decent stay.

Good hostel, great location right off the Main Street in Auckland! Had to pay for wifi but it was really good high speed

Tiny room, friendly staff

• 4th Jun 2015

The hostel is right on Queen Street and was really clean. Much better than Base and YHA.

Party hostel but the location is great and still managed to chat to people and make a few new friends. Didn't have much to do with the staff. The facilities are fine but watch out for the mixed bathrooms - this didn't bother me but might annoy others who expect separate bathrooms. Due to the volume of people using the bathrooms they could be cleaned more often

The hostel was ok, but there are better ones. The staff are nice and the hostel is clean, but the dorms are a bit smelly and have squeaky bunk beds, the common room is too cold and the kitchen too small. I didn't have enough space for my food in the fridge. Sometimes the kitchen was so packed that there was no space for cooking or even sitting down. There's a veranda, but in winter it's too cold to sit outside instead of the kitchen. I was surprised that such a big hostel has such little space.

The rooftop terrace with jaccuzzi is amazing! Lucky it was working when we came, although other guests said it was most of the time non-functional which is a shame.

The bathrooms and kitchen need an overhaul. Rooms pretty good. I stayed here more than once, the first room was disgustingly dirty, smelly, and no workin plug sockets. Next time I stayed was in the same room, requested a move and the guy at check in desk sorted it no problem. Really Good location.

Too many people coming in and out so feels like the rooms don't get the best clean, stayed in nicer hostels for same price

Perfect location. Try dorm room this time but have some problem in the toilet as you have to walk from one side to the other, across all the shower place, to get your hands washed after toilet.

Overall, Ii enjoyed my stay and thought the facilities were excellent - however, I would have liked the kitchen to be available later than 10:30pm so I could have a late night snack, and the spa was closed.

• 22nd May 2015
  • New Zealand

Loved my 2 stays at Nomads Auckland - great for meeting people and the bar crawl was awesome. Good kitchen at the top and lounge area if you want to watch films etc. right off queen street (the main road with everything on it) so great location

Great place , the room was clean the people that work there very helpful , I highly recommend this place

There's always a place in nomads for you. It's a really good standard hostel which means it's easy to meet people because it's such a big hostel. The mattress on the beds were a bit too thin and the room can get very packed if all the beds are taken. But a big plus was the bar on the first floor and free wifi around the travel desk.

Staff is Nice and helpful. One of the cheapest hostel in town. Not very clean though and some guy ate his smelly pasta in the small dormitory during the night which was pretty annoying! Otherwise, it was all right.

Second floor bathroom was flooded the hole time I was there which was pretty disgusting. The room was too small for 8 beds and stank! Staff need to hoover it and open the Windows. Didn't happen once when I was there. No decent storage in rooms either so ppls stuff all over the floor Good location and nice staff but a bit disappointing. Would definitely look elsewhere when back in auckland

Hi Eion, Thanks for placing feedback and we are disappointed it did not live up to all your expectations. There is one shower in the 2nd floor bathroom that does give us some issues due to it's drain cover and we are looking into repairing this. The rooms should be hoovered every single day. There are large lockable (with a padlock) draws under all beds and it should only be an issue if people don't use them or tidy up after themselves. Thank you for complimenting the staff and location!

Great hostel. Good location and attached to a nice bar and restaurant. There were nightly events. Staff were helpful and informative. Kitchen was good and spacious. Only downsides were no wifi and the beds were uncomfortable and squeeky!

Join the G adventure, got upgraded to ensuite 4-bed dorm but just paid 12-bed dorm, the best part is no need to check in and check out again and packing and moving around!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4