Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Good - Great location Bad - Room had a funky smell as soon as we got there - Leak from the roof - Security cards stopped working halfway through stay

• 5th Feb 2016

Initially asked for and booked for our group 8 to be in an 8 bed dorm so we did not disturb anyone else. We were placed in a 10 bed dorm which would only have been an issue to the others staying with us.

• 5th Feb 2016

We arrived at midday as we were attending the cricket which started at 2pm. We had made that clear on our booking online. The guy that greeted us was pretty unhelpful he didn't want to help. We ended up going next door and having a drink while we waited to check in. Ironically when we finally were allowed to check in we found out that they actually offer a drinks deal which would have been handy to use had we known about it.

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • New Zealand

Clean, good location, good security. The smaller dorms are WAY more comfortable and secure. The Staff are sassy--not very willing to be helpful and they will bark at you to clean up in the kitchen, without considering that you may not yet be done with your meal.

I knew what I was getting into when I stayed here, I know they're sister hostel with Base but with less budget. The hostel can use some TLC the carpet is thread bare in places, there was no soap in the bathrooms at some points and the sheets have blood stains or are grey... How much does a bottle of bleach cost? The bottom bunks are so low you can't sit up under them and bang your head even when getting up in the morning. You get an hour of free wifi a day, it's fine for a short stay.

This is an ok hostel. clealiness is average and the bathroom facilities need some update. They have an awesome kitchen on the rooftop, but it's very small and crowded. Value for money is ok.

not free internet as advertised, Have to pay for it rooms were a bit too hot as no air-con or fans bathrooms could have been up to standard more apart from that nice hostel, very social and great location :)

• 24th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

I've tried to call so many times but have been told you are to busy to talk, left two pairs of shoes in the room I stayed in and can't seem to get them back. Also the room was like a sauna it was crazy

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Room was smelly and hot but the bed was fine. The girl that checked me in literally didnt tell me anything about the hostel just gave me my key, I had to ask her about check out time, kitchen, rules etc so that was annoying. Perfect location though. Dry hostel but seemed like partying happening in the halls anyways. Co-ed bathroom.

Great spot, great location.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Great location and lockers are very good. Staff are ok but atmosphere wasn't great.

Good hostel in a perfect location! Our only complaints were the lack of free WiFi and that our room was incredibly hot and right beside a roof top patio that plays loud music until 2am. Other than that the hostel was great!

Your average coed hostel. Very big, 7 floors. Bathrooms and bedrooms were clean. The beds are very squeaky but comfortable. They have free wifi and luggage storage. Can't beat the location! Enjoyed my stay and would go back.

Good central location, close to the cbd. Too close however for my liking as you can hear everything when the dorm windows are open. Clean sheets, average to uncomfortable beds, helpful staff. Didn't even see the kitchen. No atmosphere.

More like a super cheap party hotel than a hostel

I just kept getting asked for a review. I stayed there as a cheap place to crash for a night when my flight was delayed. But my room was by the rooftop bar and I got zero sleep. I'm sure it would have been good if I was in a partying mood.

• 8th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

pros - free wifi in the tour office, hot tub, good bar with pool tables, location, lockers cons - no working sockets in the room!! big hostel, tiny kitchen!

plus: sauna and spa, showers are very comfy, location, luggage storage and wifi (1h) in travel shop minus: no atmosphere at all, kitchen is tiny, mattresses are horrible wouldn't stay there again

Staid here for the second time and it was perfect as always! Clean, secure and close to all the bars and stores. Would always come back and recommended when being in Auckland.

Staff were mostly rude expect for one or two, the kitchen was dirty and full of bird poop from pigeons etc flying in, fridges stank and some didn't work. Couldn't swing a cat in the room but at least the sheets were clean! The location is great, shame about the hostel itself.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4