Nomads Auckland

7.3
Very Good 2238 Total Reviews

• USA, Couple, 18-24
15th Jun 2017

Had a mixup with our dates, and the staff were enormously helpful. Great location right near to a bunch of fun bars, restaurants and other places. Easily accessible from Airport or central bus stop. Couldn't be happier!

Hi there, thank you very much for your feedback. We are stoked to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon! Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

14th Jun 2017
6.6

The hostel is in a great location, close to queen st for the shops, bars etc. However, the hostel is fairly run down- carpets old/dirty, beds very creaky and quite a few showers/ toilets out of order! The kitchen is far too small for the size of the hostel- basically impossible to cook dinner in there due to how busy it was!

Hi there, thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you experienced quite a number of showers/toilets out of order. This has been rectified now as we had renovations done in all our communal bathrooms. Unfortunately there is not much we can do with the size of our kitchen. Our housekeeping staff services the communal areas multiple times a day to keep them clean and usable at all times. As you would have seen we had our carpet re-done in the hallways/stairs and the process to move on with the rooms is on the way. We would love to see you again some time soon! Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

2nd Jun 2017
6.6

Fire alarm was triggered twice, beds very uncomfortable, and half the toilets on my floor where either filthy from rude guests or out of order. Kitchen was nice, and an employee even opened it up half an hour early for me to make breakfast since I had an early bus to catch. Cleaning lady is an absolute sweetheart who always says hello (she seems horribly overworked).

Hi there, thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry that you had to experience our fire alarm not ones but twice! Unfortunately they were both caused guests and out of our control. We are pleased to hear that our staff was helpful and will pass on your feedback to them! They do work very hard and we do appreciate their work a lot. Nomads Auckland Management

29th May 2017

Great location and well priced rooms. Annoying that you have to pay for wifi but that seems to be the case at all hostels in New Zealand.

• England, Male, 25-30
28th May 2017
5.7

Greeted by a miserable reception staff. Beds were falling apart the thinnest mattress I've ever seen(bring your own if you can) Toilets out of order(i accidently opened the out of order toilet door on my floor and the maintenance man came running out shouting at me) Tiny kitchen. There was a few nice guys working at reception when I checked out that actually helped me. Cheep but definitely not cheerful.

Hi there, thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you found our staff miserable - customer service is our priority and to guarantee that all our guests have a great time with us. Please email me, so we can follow up on the particular staff member. We gave you a free upgrade from a 12SH to a 6SH dorm which have brand new innersprung mattresses. We are sorry that our maintenance team shouted out you and they will be spoken too as this is not acceptable. Unfortunately guests sometimes do enter locked spaces and still make use of them when they are closed down for repair and make matters worse. We really hope to see you again and give you a better experience with us. Nomads Auckland Management

• joebeddoe97
  • England, Male, 18-24
25th May 2017

Get what you pay for, very basic, barely any plug sockets and communal bathrooms, but can't complain for $27 a night

• xbethany92
22nd May 2017
6.3

It's cheap, yes. But while I was staying there I had my clothes stolen from my room, my food stolen from the kitchen, and my towel stolen from the bathroom. The toilets and showers were really unclean. The whole of the second floor (ten dorm rooms) only had two working toilets, the other four were always out of order! Then three of us got bedbug bites! Good location though and the staff (especially the cleaners) were friendly. Honestly I'd pay a dollar or two extra and find somewhere much nicer.

19th May 2017
5.1

Pretty bad hostel, even though it is the most famous the the city. No free wifi, pretty cheap beds in a small space and, to add up, the staff is not helpful at all. You get the feeling you're just a number for them.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
16th May 2017
7.4

Great location and lovely staff who gave us a free upgrade every time we stayed. Kitchen is basic and spa pool out of order. Rooms were old and a bit damp and there was a leak in the window but I'd still recommend for the handy central location in the CBD.

• England, Female, 25-30
15th May 2017
6.6

The hostel smelt quite damp overall. Wifi wasn't free in the hostel and the travel shop next door closed at 7pm which is the only place u got free wifi. It felt more like a hotel than a hostel in regards to layout and so it didn't feel very social. Location is great though.