Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Too many people coming in and out so feels like the rooms don't get the best clean, stayed in nicer hostels for same price

Overall, Ii enjoyed my stay and thought the facilities were excellent - however, I would have liked the kitchen to be available later than 10:30pm so I could have a late night snack, and the spa was closed.

• 22nd May 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place , the room was clean the people that work there very helpful , I highly recommend this place

There's always a place in nomads for you. It's a really good standard hostel which means it's easy to meet people because it's such a big hostel. The mattress on the beds were a bit too thin and the room can get very packed if all the beds are taken. But a big plus was the bar on the first floor and free wifi around the travel desk.

Staff is Nice and helpful. One of the cheapest hostel in town. Not very clean though and some guy ate his smelly pasta in the small dormitory during the night which was pretty annoying! Otherwise, it was all right.

Second floor bathroom was flooded the hole time I was there which was pretty disgusting. The room was too small for 8 beds and stank! Staff need to hoover it and open the Windows. Didn't happen once when I was there. No decent storage in rooms either so ppls stuff all over the floor Good location and nice staff but a bit disappointing. Would definitely look elsewhere when back in auckland

Hi Eion, Thanks for placing feedback and we are disappointed it did not live up to all your expectations. There is one shower in the 2nd floor bathroom that does give us some issues due to it's drain cover and we are looking into repairing this. The rooms should be hoovered every single day. There are large lockable (with a padlock) draws under all beds and it should only be an issue if people don't use them or tidy up after themselves. Thank you for complimenting the staff and location!

Great hostel. Good location and attached to a nice bar and restaurant. There were nightly events. Staff were helpful and informative. Kitchen was good and spacious. Only downsides were no wifi and the beds were uncomfortable and squeeky!

Join the G adventure, got upgraded to ensuite 4-bed dorm but just paid 12-bed dorm, the best part is no need to check in and check out again and packing and moving around!!!

Not very social

• 26th Apr 2015

Hi Matt, Thanks for taking the time to place feedback! We are devastated you didn't find the hostel very social as we try really hard to create a big little hostel feel by providing daily tours and activities, having hostel angels walking around at night to make sure the hostel is clean and helping people and with our team providing great customer service. If you return please sign up to our daily activities, $1 pizza slice night on a Tuesday or join the Frenzi Bar Crawl on a Thursday

A pleasant hostel. The kitchen gets cleaned regularly but it still gets very messy towards the evening. It has a positive vibe and it feels very safe. The sauna was good and it's nice you can eat outside on the roof (when the weather is good). Only one lift for 7 floors which can get a bit annoying but other than that you get what you pay for!

The room was nice and clean but the kitchen and bathrooms need to be cleaned more often. The kitchen is way to small for the amount of people using it at one time during busy parts of the day and if it's raining you get wet whilst eating or squeeze in to the tiny kitchen and the ovens were rubbish as they produced very little heat and only one worked.

HI Thomas, Thanks for taking the time to place feedback on your stay and we are disappointed it didn't live up to all your expectations. The kitchens and bathrooms are cleaned several times each day and perhaps during your stay they were just not cleaned thoroughly enough. The kitchen isnt huge and this is something we are in discussions with the building owners over. I hope you took advantage of the large rooftop deck if the weather permitted you to! Thank you for complimenting the rooms!

Perfect location, friendly staff. The only bad point was the kitchen. A bit too small, and people staying at the hostel left a mess after cooking.

The stay was good, I met some nice people and very quickly felt at home. The crew is helpful, and the conditions are good, showers and toilet is cleaned almost every day, and the kitchen has all you need. TIP: check what is there before buying your own food. Lots of people leave their products after they leave (oil, soy, salt etc.) One this that is anoying is that if you don't leave clothes on the bed, it's considered empty and will be taken. So you have to leave some stuff on top of it.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Israel

Nice place, especially awesome sauna! Birds flying and walking around in the kitchen area wasn't a pleasent surprise though...

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm, which wasn´t a nice room. The Badroom ensuite wasn´t cleaned and I had to walk from the fifth floor to the second floor to use the communal bathroom. The bunk beds are really old and not made for tall people. I couldn´t even sit on my bed. There was only a window at the ceiling and there was no way to open the only window. All in all it wasn´t to bad, but it wasn´t my best stay.

I enjoyed this hostel. Would stay there again for sure.

• 12th Apr 2015

Arrived and was told my booking was for a female-only dorm, and that I'd thus have to find somewhere else to stay. However, my confirmation email clearly showed that I was booked in a 12 bed mixed dorm. No apology from their staff for the mix-up. Luckily, there are other hostels on the same street. And so if nothing else, the good location of the hostel paid off!

• 12th Apr 2015

Hi Kim, I apologise for any mix up that occured on your arrival and am not sure why you were placed in a 6 share female dorm when you booked a 12 bed mixed dorm? Occasionally the online systems do have booking glitches and I assume we must have been full in that staff were unable to upgrade you or find a suitable alternative. Please contact me in advance if you are passing back this way and I would like to make it up to you! Kind regards

Stayed twice before and after our trip up to the Bay of Islands, first room we had wasn't particularly clean and needed hoovering out, the second room we had was marginally better. Very busy hostel, good for meeting people. Good location off Queen Street. Decent sized kitchen. Rooms can get pretty full with bags and belongings as not all the beds have storage under them, and even then bags don't always fit under them. We did choose to stay elsewhere when we returned back to Auckland again.

Blonde young girl on reception miserable and has an attitude problem.

Ok hostel. The air in the 12 bed dorm was terrible. Stuffy and hot! Great location and good facilities.

« first « Prev 1 2 3