Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Staff were mostly rude expect for one or two, the kitchen was dirty and full of bird poop from pigeons etc flying in, fridges stank and some didn't work. Couldn't swing a cat in the room but at least the sheets were clean! The location is great, shame about the hostel itself.

Really nice hostel, nice rooftop deck. Small kitchen for the size of the hostel. Lovely staff.

• 1st Jan 2016

This is my second time back, overall great hostel. Easy to meet people if traveling by yourself. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Great location, within walking distance to most sites, otherwise transport is practically at your front door! The bar attached is fantastic too! On my second visit there was an issue with my room and they fixed it straight away! No fuss at all. Only downside is the lack of free 24 hour access to Internet.

Unfortunately my room had no windows, only a skylight on the roof. This made the air very, very hot and stale quickly. Due to the busy season I did not bother bringing this issue to the staff because there would not have been much they could do about it. Only improvement would have been a cheaper rate for this stuffy room or a forewarning from the staff.

• 31st Dec 2015

Location was perfect, rooftop bar was lovely, but quite expensive as not actually a hostel run bar. Kitchen small for the size of the hostel. Key kept getting deactivated, so had to take it to reception to get it reset.

Pretty standard hostel. Always had a shower free and the facilities are pretty clean. I didn't use the kitchen so can't comment but overall it was ok, I'd stay again

This place is alright to see downtown Auckland but it's nothing special. You pretty much have to pay for everything like wifi or towel servic

It's just another big hostel, pretty ok, enough showers and toilets for everyone in the mixed bathroom. Powerpoints next to one bed only. Some of the lockers can be closed (with your own lock, as everywhere else). No free internet in it, said to be in the travel shop downstairs, you might get free city wifi in some rooms though. Kitchen on rooftop where lot of birds get in, with "jacuzzi" outside on the roof. Very good location in the city centre, pretty close to wharf and train station walking

The private room we received was a center room with no windows and no airflow through the room which made it very hot and difficult to sleep. Other rooms looked more accommodating but that's the luck of the draw. My gf won't stay here again but I wouldn't mind if I needed a place in downtown Auckland.

The atmosphere in this hostel was nice. But the staff is really bad I never come back there

The WiFi was only available at certain times of the day and next doordoor which was inconvenient

Reasonable hostel. Good location in the centre of the city. Did its job as abed for the night, but doesn't have many added benefits

Great hostel in a perfect central location to explore Auckland and its surroundings!

Disappointing stay at nomads! The hostel really lacks any atmosphere!

It's a large hostel and especially the kitchen shows this. While the cleanliness of dorms/toilets/showers are okay the kitchen was one of the worst we've seen. But there is a very nice rooftop terrace! No free WiFi, you have to go to the travelshop in the basement for this. Or you can buy 24h for 4$! Would be a nice gesture if the WiFi was just free like in many other hostels. Good location near queen st, cafes and harbour.

Wifi is only for part of time

I think it would be better if there weren't so many beds in each dorm like maybe 4or 5 bed dorms.

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

I had a good time, it was a decent atmosphere and felt safe, I met some fellow travellers who were good company for the short time I was in the hostel. Biggest issue for me was that my door key often stopped working and I had to get it reset, even when I kept it away from my phone and other cards. From the amount of knocking going on it seemed to be happening to others too. But other than that, good range of activities and aplace I would recommend to other backpackers.

Decent stay, was only in Auckland a couple of days so needed somewhere with good location and good prices. I would say at 25 I felt a bit 'old' there so if your over that and here for more than a couple of nights look elsewhere.

Positive : Good location (you can explore and visit attractive area in downtown , close to train station and ferry.) / kitchen is enough for everybody / Mix bathroom+toilet with hot shower (It will be great if they put small bin in the toilet room not only big one outside) Negative : Need to pay for wifi ... WHY?·/ not enough plug in the bedroom.