Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

The room was nice and clean but the kitchen and bathrooms need to be cleaned more often. The kitchen is way to small for the amount of people using it at one time during busy parts of the day and if it's raining you get wet whilst eating or squeeze in to the tiny kitchen and the ovens were rubbish as they produced very little heat and only one worked.

HI Thomas, Thanks for taking the time to place feedback on your stay and we are disappointed it didn't live up to all your expectations. The kitchens and bathrooms are cleaned several times each day and perhaps during your stay they were just not cleaned thoroughly enough. The kitchen isnt huge and this is something we are in discussions with the building owners over. I hope you took advantage of the large rooftop deck if the weather permitted you to! Thank you for complimenting the rooms!

Perfect location, friendly staff. The only bad point was the kitchen. A bit too small, and people staying at the hostel left a mess after cooking.

The stay was good, I met some nice people and very quickly felt at home. The crew is helpful, and the conditions are good, showers and toilet is cleaned almost every day, and the kitchen has all you need. TIP: check what is there before buying your own food. Lots of people leave their products after they leave (oil, soy, salt etc.) One this that is anoying is that if you don't leave clothes on the bed, it's considered empty and will be taken. So you have to leave some stuff on top of it.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Israel

Nice place, especially awesome sauna! Birds flying and walking around in the kitchen area wasn't a pleasent surprise though...

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm, which wasn´t a nice room. The Badroom ensuite wasn´t cleaned and I had to walk from the fifth floor to the second floor to use the communal bathroom. The bunk beds are really old and not made for tall people. I couldn´t even sit on my bed. There was only a window at the ceiling and there was no way to open the only window. All in all it wasn´t to bad, but it wasn´t my best stay.

I enjoyed this hostel. Would stay there again for sure.

• 12th Apr 2015

Arrived and was told my booking was for a female-only dorm, and that I'd thus have to find somewhere else to stay. However, my confirmation email clearly showed that I was booked in a 12 bed mixed dorm. No apology from their staff for the mix-up. Luckily, there are other hostels on the same street. And so if nothing else, the good location of the hostel paid off!

• 12th Apr 2015

Hi Kim, I apologise for any mix up that occured on your arrival and am not sure why you were placed in a 6 share female dorm when you booked a 12 bed mixed dorm? Occasionally the online systems do have booking glitches and I assume we must have been full in that staff were unable to upgrade you or find a suitable alternative. Please contact me in advance if you are passing back this way and I would like to make it up to you! Kind regards

Stayed twice before and after our trip up to the Bay of Islands, first room we had wasn't particularly clean and needed hoovering out, the second room we had was marginally better. Very busy hostel, good for meeting people. Good location off Queen Street. Decent sized kitchen. Rooms can get pretty full with bags and belongings as not all the beds have storage under them, and even then bags don't always fit under them. We did choose to stay elsewhere when we returned back to Auckland again.

Blonde young girl on reception miserable and has an attitude problem.

Ok hostel. The air in the 12 bed dorm was terrible. Stuffy and hot! Great location and good facilities.

Good location for transport And staff very hhelpful. A little noisy for sleeping and room was very hot, can't imagine what it would be like in summer.

They shouldn't have had 8 beds in there. Six would have sufficed. Also, not very smart when they put the ladder to the top bunk against the wall. Now I have to jump up and down and it's annoying and loud for the other guests. However, still a nice place to stay and I would stay there again if I were headed to Auckland.

We had a great stay at Nomads Auckland. Hostel is very clean & tidy and looks like it has around the clock cleaners to make sure it stays this way which was good. Reception is 24 hours and the staff are very friendly and helpfully. They offer free city walking trips which is a massive bonus especially if you are new to Auckland and the wi-fi was fast and only cost $4 for 24 hours. There are a lot of hostels in Auckland but we would definitely choose to stay here again and recommend to friends.

• 20th Mar 2015

One particular Scottish man was very rude behind the counter. I'd go elsewhere just for that. The bar staff were great. My room was smelly. It was a private room. Loud and over the bar which didn't give much rest. My bed fell through when I laird down. There were no slats. Made it work. Wifi cost $4 but it was great. I'd stay elsewhere there are more hostels to choose from.

Very helpful staff, available at all times.

As an older person who knows and accepts the constraints of a cheap bed in a shared dorm, I found this hostel to be well organised, clean, friendly and accommodating. While city noise can be a hindrance to a good nights sleep if you are not used to it, its central location is a huge plus to any day or night time entertainment and a very short walk to the US consulate.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Really nice hostel, only issue was the rooms where boiling and there's no fans and as its in the city it can be very loud in the evenings, but that's what you get for being in the city! Also found that the atmosphere was a bit flat, no one really wanted to talk to anyone else, but that's not the hostels fault it's the people!

I only stayed for one night, but the bed was fine, the shower was fine, the place seemed clean, and the location was great. My only gripe is the wifi situation, which just seems to be a problem all throughout Australia and New Zealand both.

The staff where good helpful and freindly. But bathrooms could have been cleaner and the 8 bed dorm I had was pretty cramped. But hey for a busy city centre hostel it's not to bad!

Good hostel in central Auckland. Quite clean and huge amount of showers and toilets. Stayed in a 10 bed dorm and it had a good atmosphere. Perfect location, close to everything in the CBD. Rooftop deck area had great views but kitchen was somewhat dirty. Also, the line at reception was always quite long! Would stay again though, much better than Base!