Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

I only stayed for one night, but the bed was fine, the shower was fine, the place seemed clean, and the location was great. My only gripe is the wifi situation, which just seems to be a problem all throughout Australia and New Zealand both.

The staff where good helpful and freindly. But bathrooms could have been cleaner and the 8 bed dorm I had was pretty cramped. But hey for a busy city centre hostel it's not to bad!

Good hostel in central Auckland. Quite clean and huge amount of showers and toilets. Stayed in a 10 bed dorm and it had a good atmosphere. Perfect location, close to everything in the CBD. Rooftop deck area had great views but kitchen was somewhat dirty. Also, the line at reception was always quite long! Would stay again though, much better than Base!

• 8th Mar 2015

Good location. Love sitting on the bean bag on first floor.

Average. Grotty and downtrodden, I didn't get a good feeling in this place. In favour, toilet and shower facilities were plentiful and reasonably clean, and regular bar crawls run from the hostel. The rooms were dog-eared and security within the rooms themselves minimal. Wi-Fi access was both expensive and shoddy: a dire combination that is seemingly endemic in New Zealand. Few positives overall, but it'll do if your priorities are a bed in central Auckland on a tight budget.

Hi Joel, Thanks for your feedback and we are disapointed you found your stay less than satisfactory. Are you able to provide more information on the security and WIFI issues? To get into a room our guests have to get through 2 swipe card doors and we offer free WIFI downstairs in our travel shop between 8am and 7pm? Outside of these hours we offer $4 for 24 hours and $12 per week! Kind regards

I wasn't informed of the check out time for the next day. I was under the impression it would be the standard before 12:00. But on checking out I was told I was told I was very late as check out is earlier than 10.

Decent hostel with friendly staff. Great location in the city. Rooms were quite small and the bunk beds were really old and squeaked a lot!

When I got to the hostel, they didn't have keys for all guests, so a lot of people have to come in with another guests. That being said, I guess there were a lot of people sleeping in the hostel that were not guests and some of them even used other hostels bracelets. The room I stayed in could only fit 4 people comfortably or maybe 6 people with some space for the bags, but it was a 8 people dorm! I had no place to open my bag and I had to sleep with it in my bed!

No alcohol allowed in the hostel! There is a bar directly connected to the hostel. Rooms are nice and clean, moderate amount of power outlets. Rooftop area is awesome! Paid WiFi can be really bad in some of the rooms. Unisex bathrooms

4 bed ensuite dorm was tiny. it did have a window but it was a roof one, so couldn't be opened. the room was boiling

This hostel had good points-- it was right in the city, the staff in their travel help área next door was awesome, there were always showers and toilets available... But there were some bad points too-- the dormrooms are really hot, there was always a line down in reception, and because there were so many people staying here things like your food getting stolen out of the fridge were common.

Useful staff and excellent location

• 23rd Feb 2015

If you're looking for somewhere to just sleep it probably wasn't the best option but for a longer, more fun stay I think this would of been a great hostel. It was right in the middle of downtown so at night the music/people were loud. The beds, room, bathroom was clean but there wasn't any air conditioning and not many outlets in the rooms. Overall a good stay for a night.

Nice basic big busy hostel. Nice staff and facilities. Bit loud at night but it's a city centre hostel so you expect that.

Despite the success that this hostel seems to have (there is a permanent queue at the reception - partially justifiable with staff's slowness), I didn't find it that great. I was in a 10-bed dorm which was ridiculously small. Seriously, there was barely space to walk. Plus, the staff was pretty incompetent, even though very friendly. I understand many staff members were new and needed training, but as a result in 2 days they denied that I had already paid, and overbooked my room several times.

I would not call that an hostel, it's more like a "bed industry". And the fact that you have to pay to get Internet more than 1h, it's a shame.

Ok, lost a couple of things and took about 10 trips to the desk before someone took us to have a look in lost property, they were there the whole time. Decent hostel, a little overpriced.

Room was awful, it was a double bed in a prison. No windows and an extremely small room, if we would have known this, we would not have booked at all, or left after one night. Three nights in that room was awful! Most of the staff were not great and I only wanted to use a kettle in the kitchen and there wasn't one! Would not use again!

• 31st Jan 2015

Good location. Pretty basic hostel, rooms were pretty hot but ok. Fine for a couple of days exploring the city. Mixed bathroom was a bit odd

You had to pay for wifi (nzd 4 per day or nzd 12 per week). There were only two plugs in each room (and almost everybody needs to use an adaptor so only one plug could be used! Very bad!! The bathrooms were clean and big enough. It was very hot in the room and our room was right in front of a bar which played very loud music in the evening.

Hi Isabelle, I hope the staff made you aware of the free WIFI downstairs in the travel shop between 8am and 7pm??? We wish you happy travels!