Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Emailed about rebooking and didn't get a response for over 24 hours.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Hi Sam, Thanks for placing feedback on your stay with us an we apologise for the delay in reply which is definitely not standard proceedure! We wish you happy travels!

The Hostel was overall good, however there where to many groups as a single traveller it was hard to find mind liked travelers. ( I got some bits...not happy)

• 22nd Nov 2014

Hi Inka, We hope you joined one of our free or cheap daily activities which are totally designed for adventurous, independent travellers such as your self. These include guided city tours, silo out door cinema, a rooftop bbq on a Thursday night and we even walk coast to coast on a Tuesday! I hope the awesome reception team made you aware of these adventures! The $1 pizza slices at the adjoining FSU bar on a Tuesday night are also a hit with our guests ! We wish you happy travels

Hostel was totally functional, but internet availability needs to be offered for all guests across all floors (e.g., at least 500MB per person per day). The current system of needing to go down to a travel agency for only an hour of wifi is ridiculous - at best. Also need at least two to three more big refrigerators in the kitchen to accommodate all the guests; currently individuals need to squeeze what they have amidst others' items - and it is a nightmare! LOL!

I was very impressed with this hostel! Great location, room was lovely, I will definitely be going back!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Very well located. Old beds. Pretty small rooms. Only two sockets in the 8 bed room. Sauna is small but still good as it is for free.

An OK hostel on good location with no atmosphere. Staff in the reception are fine but the rest (social activities) were non existing or in a super bad mood. Honestly on of the most boring hostels I have been to in my 5 months of traveling. However, it's clean and in good location.

I'm having a good time in the hostel (booked more days). Good place to meet people like on the nice terrace on top of the building and the chill out room and the bar next door. Staff is helpfull. Great location from bars and shops,... Rooms and bathrooms are clean most of the time's. Only minors are the rooms are really small and what I find anoying is that there are those "reduce your carbon footprints" in toilets and lights but then I find leaking showers and toilets just waisting water.

Staff are friendly. Location is good. Bathroom facilities were nice. However, it was dirty and the atmosphere isn't great but many large hostels are like this. This is the norm in Auckland.

I know they are in the process of updating the mattresses. But that was one thing, having paid for a single room so paying for two people even though there was just myself, the mattress on the double bed was so thin I pulled down the single mattress which was thicker but had hollows in it to be able to sleep.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Had a good time, kitchen and balcony are really nice. Only recommendation from my side is the kitchen equipment should be expanded, something to make coffee with is really necessary. There was no coffee available from reception in the morning when we asked.

Generally pretty good - very big hostel with a nice bar (if a bit overpriced). Internet access comes at a charge and is slow - best go elsewhere.

Location is very good, very convenient for walking around and take the airport shuttle bus. But the room are very crowded, too many bunked beds for a so tiny space, no really nice to stay in there.

1 2 3 Next » last »