Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

The late check out is very annoying. Before 2 p.m they don't allow you to take your bed even if it is available. I don't undestand why since it is limited only to empty the bin in the room. I never saw anyone vacuum the room. In the 10 bed room the mattreesses are like cheese slices on some timber that neither screwd so when you sleep you feel them all. Lockers under the beds that you can't fits your suit case in, so no space to move in the room. Good the bathrooms.

This place was OK. This hostel was HUGE.. 7 stories. WiFi was expensive. Not a very great communal area and furniture was falling apart.

No sleep on the two nights we were there due to constant music and noise from the rooftop bar until 3am even though it was a week day.

• 17th Nov 2015

Very good location. The skybus dropped me off right outside, but the two rooms I was in were very smelly and the hostal was noisy; it looked like windows were not open for long enough to let the rooms air out and I barely slept the two nights I was there cause people were wandering in the hallways, opening and closing doors or just talking very loudly.

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Chile

fix the stupid key cards. twice a day I would have to go wait 10 minutes In line at reception to have them reprogram the key card. seems like a small detail, but walking up and down three flights of stairs is annoying. happened both times i stayed there. and no power points by the beds. one in each room.

Class place stay 2-3 nights you'll have a class time staff are on it and friendly!!

Kitchen is too small, birds fly inside the kitchen, showers are dirty and old

• 8th Nov 2015

Location is good - however if you are looking for quiet this is not the place. They also need to be more viglient about enforcing rules. Place needs a BIG clean up and renovation. I would only recommend to a young partier who doesn't mind uncleanliness.

The whole hostel seemed dirty. The duvet I got was full of hair, the walls in the dorm were something you don't want to touch, staff was nice unless there were more than three people in the lobby, kitchen is small and the water might stop running all of a sudden... Showers were nice, but the bathrooms weren't otherwise clean at all. Wet floors, dust everywhere, and some stalls without toilet paper...

By far the smallest 8-bed dorm I've ever been in. 2 plugs for the room was pretty terrible as well.

Not the greatest place to stay. It was noisy, the walls are paper thin, and even though there are signs up the guests appear to just do whatever they want. We had to get up to tell several groups to shut up, this was between 0200 and 0400. The facilities weren't clean.

The location is amazing, some of the staff are very helpful and friendly, and there's some free internet (downstairs in the hangout lounge). There's a great bar next door/connected. On the other hand, some of the staff was rude, the room was average, and the kitchen is pretty dang small. Average, overall.

The room I was allocated at nomads had no plug socket so I had to go and sit with my phone charging in the common room. Not ideal at all.

I went to The Nomads in Auckland to check in, and they had no details of my booking. This was ok, as i had other options of places to stay, but they didnt seem very concerned about the fact they had lost my booking, or try to look for another room for me. If I didnt have other places to stay available with friends I would have been left stranded, and this didnt seem to worry the staff, as far as they were concerned i didnt have a booking and that was it.

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

I had a good time here stayed for my first week in Auckland the staff are lovely and will help in any way they can. The room was clean comfortable bed and good security. I couldn't fault it in any way to be honest well worth the stay

Stayed here for 1 night in transit. Having to pay for wifi stinks. Other than that friendly staff and good location.

About what you would expect from a big chain like nomads. Decent all round and lots of opportunity to meet people

Stayed there to start my year of work and travel and it was the right desicion!:) friendly staff, clean, good equipment in the kitchen and just next to Queen Street. Perfect opportunity to meet future travelmates and make new friends.

• 13th Oct 2015

I was very disappointed in this nomads. It was very dirty and only two plug ins in an 8 person room. I would not recommend it. Although the staff were nice

small room, smelly, room not that social, expensive