Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Hostel felt kind of crowded and a bit filthy. No Internet in the building unless you paid, and even when you did, the connection was unreliable. Did like the big security lockers in the room though, could fit our to big bags in one. But all and all, not for us.

Secure 24 hour luggage storage would be a great addition.

Very noisy hostel! Could hear doors slamming all night and boys running up and down the corridor knocking on doors and making noise - all night! Rooms were very clean.

HI Deborah, Thank you for rating the cleanliness of our rooms so highly. I am sorry it seems there were some unruly late night guests during your stay and I can assure you this is not the norm. Our Night Audit person does checks during the night and should have picked this up although it all depends on timing sometimes. Our reception is 24 hours and I hope you went and saw them to put a stop to it! Kind regards

Bed is not clear.

• 27th Dec 2014

HI Sheng, Are you able to provide more information about the bed not being clear? We generally dont seem to have any issues with this and it may be something simple that could have been addressed at the time. I hope you went and saw our awesome 24 hour reception team for assistance? Kind regards Nemo

Location is great and staff is super friendly. Rooms and bathrooms were very old but clean . Kitchen was absolutely filthy and gross. Didn't go near the area. Wifi paid services were cheap .

Excellent location. But it's a huge hostel. If you want wifi, you have to go next door (and it might or might not work).

Hi Judit, Thanks for rating our location so highly. There is also WIFI throughout the entire hostel at just $4 per day, it is only the free WIFI that is down in our travel shop which is open 8am to 7pm. I am sorry it sounds like there were issues with the WIFI down there during your stay as this is not common and if it is playing up we contact the provider asap who usually fix it immediately! We wish you happy travels Nemo

Nice hostel, nice dorms with huge underbed lockers. Great atmosphere, however a lot of long stayers who seemed to have their daily dramas aired in the kitchen (or corridor at night). Good facilities. Only bugbear is the kitchen is on floor 7, and there's only 1 very very slow lift. Prepare for the steps workout! Overall very good hostel.

massive hostel, kitchen gets far to busy, alcohol not allowed! WTF! you have to pay for the wifi.....overall, overpriced and below average. stay elsewhere (bamber house)

We stayed at Nomads for two nights in Auckland. It's right in the city center, which is nice. The atmosphere is a little more commercial than preferred, but the facilities were good and the place felt safe. We'd stay here again.

Emailed about rebooking and didn't get a response for over 24 hours.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Hi Sam, Thanks for placing feedback on your stay with us an we apologise for the delay in reply which is definitely not standard proceedure! We wish you happy travels!

The Hostel was overall good, however there where to many groups as a single traveller it was hard to find mind liked travelers. ( I got some bits...not happy)

• 22nd Nov 2014

Hi Inka, We hope you joined one of our free or cheap daily activities which are totally designed for adventurous, independent travellers such as your self. These include guided city tours, silo out door cinema, a rooftop bbq on a Thursday night and we even walk coast to coast on a Tuesday! I hope the awesome reception team made you aware of these adventures! The $1 pizza slices at the adjoining FSU bar on a Tuesday night are also a hit with our guests ! We wish you happy travels

Hostel was totally functional, but internet availability needs to be offered for all guests across all floors (e.g., at least 500MB per person per day). The current system of needing to go down to a travel agency for only an hour of wifi is ridiculous - at best. Also need at least two to three more big refrigerators in the kitchen to accommodate all the guests; currently individuals need to squeeze what they have amidst others' items - and it is a nightmare! LOL!

I was very impressed with this hostel! Great location, room was lovely, I will definitely be going back!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Very well located. Old beds. Pretty small rooms. Only two sockets in the 8 bed room. Sauna is small but still good as it is for free.

An OK hostel on good location with no atmosphere. Staff in the reception are fine but the rest (social activities) were non existing or in a super bad mood. Honestly on of the most boring hostels I have been to in my 5 months of traveling. However, it's clean and in good location.

I'm having a good time in the hostel (booked more days). Good place to meet people like on the nice terrace on top of the building and the chill out room and the bar next door. Staff is helpfull. Great location from bars and shops,... Rooms and bathrooms are clean most of the time's. Only minors are the rooms are really small and what I find anoying is that there are those "reduce your carbon footprints" in toilets and lights but then I find leaking showers and toilets just waisting water.

Staff are friendly. Location is good. Bathroom facilities were nice. However, it was dirty and the atmosphere isn't great but many large hostels are like this. This is the norm in Auckland.

I know they are in the process of updating the mattresses. But that was one thing, having paid for a single room so paying for two people even though there was just myself, the mattress on the double bed was so thin I pulled down the single mattress which was thicker but had hollows in it to be able to sleep.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Had a good time, kitchen and balcony are really nice. Only recommendation from my side is the kitchen equipment should be expanded, something to make coffee with is really necessary. There was no coffee available from reception in the morning when we asked.

Generally pretty good - very big hostel with a nice bar (if a bit overpriced). Internet access comes at a charge and is slow - best go elsewhere.