Nomads Auckland Reviews

16-20 Fort St, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Nice place, especially awesome sauna! Birds flying and walking around in the kitchen area wasn't a pleasent surprise though...

I enjoyed this hostel. Would stay there again for sure.

• 12th Apr 2015

Arrived and was told my booking was for a female-only dorm, and that I'd thus have to find somewhere else to stay. However, my confirmation email clearly showed that I was booked in a 12 bed mixed dorm. No apology from their staff for the mix-up. Luckily, there are other hostels on the same street. And so if nothing else, the good location of the hostel paid off!

• 12th Apr 2015

Hi Kim, I apologise for any mix up that occured on your arrival and am not sure why you were placed in a 6 share female dorm when you booked a 12 bed mixed dorm? Occasionally the online systems do have booking glitches and I assume we must have been full in that staff were unable to upgrade you or find a suitable alternative. Please contact me in advance if you are passing back this way and I would like to make it up to you! Kind regards

Blonde young girl on reception miserable and has an attitude problem.

Ok hostel. The air in the 12 bed dorm was terrible. Stuffy and hot! Great location and good facilities.

Un buen hostel en general. La ubicación es lo mejor. Sin embargo, el pasillo que llevaba al baño estuvo mojado por varios días.

Good location for transport And staff very hhelpful. A little noisy for sleeping and room was very hot, can't imagine what it would be like in summer.

For stopover is good, avarage age is 20. For more contact with others maybe not the best hostel because of the size. Double check the luggage storage if you leave after 7 pm, I got 2 different information.

Ninguna de las 3 ventanas de la habitacion se podian abir.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Uruguay

They shouldn't have had 8 beds in there. Six would have sufficed. Also, not very smart when they put the ladder to the top bunk against the wall. Now I have to jump up and down and it's annoying and loud for the other guests. However, still a nice place to stay and I would stay there again if I were headed to Auckland.

We had a great stay at Nomads Auckland. Hostel is very clean & tidy and looks like it has around the clock cleaners to make sure it stays this way which was good. Reception is 24 hours and the staff are very friendly and helpfully. They offer free city walking trips which is a massive bonus especially if you are new to Auckland and the wi-fi was fast and only cost $4 for 24 hours. There are a lot of hostels in Auckland but we would definitely choose to stay here again and recommend to friends.

• 20th Mar 2015

One particular Scottish man was very rude behind the counter. I'd go elsewhere just for that. The bar staff were great. My room was smelly. It was a private room. Loud and over the bar which didn't give much rest. My bed fell through when I laird down. There were no slats. Made it work. Wifi cost $4 but it was great. I'd stay elsewhere there are more hostels to choose from.

Very helpful staff, available at all times.

As an older person who knows and accepts the constraints of a cheap bed in a shared dorm, I found this hostel to be well organised, clean, friendly and accommodating. While city noise can be a hindrance to a good nights sleep if you are not used to it, its central location is a huge plus to any day or night time entertainment and a very short walk to the US consulate.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Really nice hostel, only issue was the rooms where boiling and there's no fans and as its in the city it can be very loud in the evenings, but that's what you get for being in the city! Also found that the atmosphere was a bit flat, no one really wanted to talk to anyone else, but that's not the hostels fault it's the people!

I only stayed for one night, but the bed was fine, the shower was fine, the place seemed clean, and the location was great. My only gripe is the wifi situation, which just seems to be a problem all throughout Australia and New Zealand both.

The staff where good helpful and freindly. But bathrooms could have been cleaner and the 8 bed dorm I had was pretty cramped. But hey for a busy city centre hostel it's not to bad!

Good hostel in central Auckland. Quite clean and huge amount of showers and toilets. Stayed in a 10 bed dorm and it had a good atmosphere. Perfect location, close to everything in the CBD. Rooftop deck area had great views but kitchen was somewhat dirty. Also, the line at reception was always quite long! Would stay again though, much better than Base!

• 8th Mar 2015

Good location. Love sitting on the bean bag on first floor.

Fuimos 3 días y las primeras 2 manianas nos despertaron a las 9:40 diciéndonos que nos vayamos, el primer día el hombre se metió en la habitación y no nos creía que teníamos pago ese día, sacando la ubicación, un desastre

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Hi Nicolas, I apologise if our housekeeping team woke you before 10am on two seperate mornings and am not sure why there would be confusion on your check out date as our systems usually work very well. We wish you happy travels and lots of sleep ins!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4