Nomads Byron Bay Reviews

Lawson Lane, Byron Bay, Australia

I've stayed at Nomads Byron a number of times over the past 18 months. My main disappointments are that the spa's are never full or in use and the smell of the rooms. I find out on the first day when we arrived on Sunday, that a bloke got so drunk he shat on the balcony and vomited on the floor 2 days before. Every room stinks worse than a urinal at a hectic festival, but in this room the floor was still wet. Not impressed. You can clearly tell the floors haven't been cleaned in a looong time

• 24th Jan 2016

French girl behind reception with brown hair was really abrupt and rude mannered when she was serving us.

Perfect location in Byron bay! Rooms and hallways had at a stale and moldy smell to them. No security to enter the front door. Recommend for hostel to have guests use their key pass to enter the building, especially in the pm. Walked passed a dorm room where I suppose staff lived. The smell and view of the room was disgusting and made me worried if there were mice or cockroaches in the building. Wifi speed and accessibility could be improved, I've had better service in rural Thailand.

• 17th Jan 2016

I always stay at nomads. It's tops. But don't stay here if dirty carpets and rubbish under the beds bother you. But if you're like me and not fussy (it is a backpackers hostel after all) it's always a good time!

• 9th Jan 2016

The location, layout of the hostel and the rooms were all great. The staff were always friendly and helpful also.

• 8th Jan 2016

Our room was clean and so was reception, but the room stank of urine all 6 of us said. Other than that no complaints.

• 4th Jan 2016

Sweet stay in the bay! Great hostel 5 mins from the beach in the middle of Byron Bay. Top staff willing to help you out with anything you like

Good: Staff were friendly, room was not close to common areas so quite quiet, location is central and shared bathrooms were clean. Bad: Room smelt of damp, little or no security as to who comes into the hostel or even when person needs bolt cutters for their lock and reception handed them over with no questions, not even name/room/ID or check definitely their locker!

Had an amazing time at Nomads! I couldn't have pictured my trip any better with the location and people I met. Very lively, friendly, and great location!

• 24th Dec 2015

This place is a mess

• 18th Dec 2015

Met the best people so far

Beautiful clean hostel in the center of the city! The staff weren't friendly at all. One staff would say something about the policies and the other one would say the opposite thing. A lot of miss comunictaion between the staff. Customer service is very bad if you have a problem with anything they literally don't care. Very expensive for what you get. Oh and the bathrooms are unisex, which is very weird and made us uncomfortable.

Loved it! was an awesome place to stay!!! would defiantly go back!! :)

• 11th Dec 2015

The shares bathrooms are really good so no need to pay extra for an ensuite room

Felt a little uncomfortable as we was put with four other lads which some of them were doing drugs

• 2nd Dec 2015

Hey Zoe, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback is much appreciated. I'm so sorry you were made to feel uncomfortable in your dorm. Next time please let our reception staff know so we can resolve the situation. We do in no way condone the use of drugs on the property and would have been happy to deal with the boys accordingly and also to move you to a new room. We hope you still had an awesome time in Byron !

Grate place and nice people, clean, right in the center thank you

Thanks for the awesome review Stuart, stoked you had a good time :)

One of my favourite party hostels in the whole world, staff are super friendly and organise great games to get to know everyone. Location is awesome, room smelt a little wet but wasn't an issue. Will be back again and again!

Thanks Dylan, it was awesome to have you stay with us, stoked you had such an epic time, see you again soon !

The staff on the reception is very friendly. Everything else is really bad, dirty kitchen and bathrooms. It is smells bad in the rooms. At 10 am the cleaning staff comes in the room with loud music....If you want to have a good time in Byron stay at the Holiday Village.

Hey Simone, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is much appreciated. I'm sorry you found our amenities dirty we do try our best to keep them up to a high level of cleanliness with both being cleaned 3 times a day with regular checks in between. You'll be happy to hear we have since bought our cleaning staff headphones so no more noisy wake ups. We hope you had an epic time in Byron !

Great hostel in the wonderful Byron bay.

close to everything! really nice place to stay

• 2nd Nov 2015

Thanks for the awesome review Katie, we hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon !

« first « Prev 1 2 3