Nomads Byron Bay Reviews

Lawson Lane, Byron Bay, Australia

Great hostel well located wth good equipment but to avoid if you are not party oriented

Great central hostel to stay in. The rooms were nice but only had four safety lockers in an eight bed room... you have to buy wifi after you've had your 30 minutes free. Otherwise nice hostel. Had our own balcony and it was only a short walk to the nearest beach.

Good for partying. They rent cheap surfboards.

Overall a pretty standard nomads hostel the onlyaom downside being having to pay over the odds ($41 for one night!) Simply because Byron was so busy. If they charge that price I expect the room to be a little cleaner than it was although the bathrooms and kitchen were very clean

ive stayed here 3 times previous, but this will be my last. things stolen from room, we heard other people had had things taken the same day, found out a guy who was living/working there started a few days previous and he cleaned our room, dodgy! staff didnt seem to care. amenities were disgusting and cleaned only once a day, everything is old, all the doors slam, squeak or dont have locks in rooms and toilets. only good thing is the atmosphere in the afternoon for drinking and meeting people

one of the best hostels i have stayed in for partying

• 3rd Jan 2015

Great hostel with overnight security etc. loads of people and quite a bit of night noise. Bathrooms pretty average both on facilities and cleanliness.

Paid $60 for one night which was definitely not worth the money when you see the hygiene of the place.

- Security good january 31, however some peoples slept on the floor january 30 ( 6beds = 8 peoples ). - My English is not strong and staff speak only English so sometime is not easy to explain something. - I found my door open, many time... - Expensive for the staff and kind of bedrooms but value for money about location.

• 30th Dec 2014

it was very noisy in our room (during the night) the bathroom wasn't very clean the price was hilarious for that offer!

Very loud on the hallways during the night time. Lots of drunken people. Why is alc allowed in there?! - it's a party hostel

• 26th Dec 2014

Nomads is an amazing place to stay to meet new people and socialize. It is a very central location and has lots of cheap and accessible amenities (ie you can rent a surf board for 10 bucks a day). I highly recommend staying here!

kitchen is little bit too small for the size of the hostel. The rooms are pricy but the location is nice. The beds aren't wonderfull, but ok for one or two nights. wouldn't stay to long in this nomads

Great place to meet people! Great location! Needs to be cleaned better and more frequently is the only criticism I have.

A nice bed and friendly backpackers and staff. Great location. Cleanliness and facilities could be better.

Good overall, but cleanliness is a huge factor to improve upon. The bathrooms are always dirty and the hallways smell of urine. Cleaning should be several times a day at the very least.

Such friendly staff and very close to the beach. We definitely are visiting again!

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

A bit of a party hostel but still enjoyed a good night sleep. The four-bed dorm with ensuite was superb, new and clean. It was a lovely stay. However, kitchen should be open later than 10 pm.

The location is perfect, in the middle of the centre and close to the beach. Staff is friendly. Rooms were fine, but I didn't like the mixed toilets. Guys were going to the toilet with the door open when drunk, and that is often. And you have to wait to go to the toilet. The hostel has a big room where you can meet other people, so that is nice.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Nomads Byron Bay! I am super stoked that you found our staff friendly, however I sincerely apologise if there were other guests in the hostel that were not acting in a considerate way. We certainly do not accept this type of behaviour and I would encourage you in future to see reception so they can address the situation. I was also pleased to read that you had the opportunity to meet other people in our hostel. Kind regards, Sam B

The location is great and its a clean hostel. But there was noice at all times. Music was played all through the day and there was loud partying going on every night. Kitchen was to small and the kitchen facilities poor! Staff wasnt very helpful. Would not stay there again.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I was very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your experience. We often receive very positive feedback about our kitchen so I must admit I was surprised to read this. I apologise for any discomfort you experience as a result of noise. We do have very strict noise policies in the hostel after 10pm, so I apologise if you were still disturbed. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels in Australia. Kind regards, Sam