Nomads Byron Bay Reviews

Lawson Lane, Byron Bay, Australia

Such friendly staff and very close to the beach. We definitely are visiting again!

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

A bit of a party hostel but still enjoyed a good night sleep. The four-bed dorm with ensuite was superb, new and clean. It was a lovely stay. However, kitchen should be open later than 10 pm.

The location is perfect, in the middle of the centre and close to the beach. Staff is friendly. Rooms were fine, but I didn't like the mixed toilets. Guys were going to the toilet with the door open when drunk, and that is often. And you have to wait to go to the toilet. The hostel has a big room where you can meet other people, so that is nice.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Nomads Byron Bay! I am super stoked that you found our staff friendly, however I sincerely apologise if there were other guests in the hostel that were not acting in a considerate way. We certainly do not accept this type of behaviour and I would encourage you in future to see reception so they can address the situation. I was also pleased to read that you had the opportunity to meet other people in our hostel. Kind regards, Sam B

The location is great and its a clean hostel. But there was noice at all times. Music was played all through the day and there was loud partying going on every night. Kitchen was to small and the kitchen facilities poor! Staff wasnt very helpful. Would not stay there again.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I was very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your experience. We often receive very positive feedback about our kitchen so I must admit I was surprised to read this. I apologise for any discomfort you experience as a result of noise. We do have very strict noise policies in the hostel after 10pm, so I apologise if you were still disturbed. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels in Australia. Kind regards, Sam

This hostel was absolutly the best hostel i've ever stayed. Especially the bed was totally the best bed i've ever slept in the hostel. Location was amazing, whole hostel was so new and clean, room was spacious, every room has a big balcony, and the shower was very modern and clean. Only one thing makes me not 100% satisfied was foot towel in the bathroom. For 3 days, no one changed it :$ Btw, 2 bottleshops in 1min away from the hostel...!!!!!

They charge quite a lot for a rather slow internet service...otherwise a nice place though; they have activities on every night which makes it easy to meet people.

Very nice hostel. I chose the 6 bed dorm and had it all to myself! Everything was great. No free wifi here though.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Nomads Byron Bay and thank you for taking the time to review your experience! We're super stoked that you enjoyed your stay, I apologise there was no free wi-fi during your stay, we are in the process of changing providers so this should be up and running again in the coming weeks. Thank you again for your review! Kind regards, Sam

Most places put on breakfast in the morning which made the cost average. Also my card to enter the room would stop working

• 10th Oct 2014

Great private room - more like a nice motel room. Really nice private bathroom. Free parking with the private room was an awesome bonus in the crazy traffic and limited parking of Byron Bay. But the noise from heavy slamming bedroom/dorm doors is really loud and echoes down the halls and through the rooms, making it hard to sleep. And we were unfortunate to arrive the same day as a beer-skulling footy trip, but that can happen anywhere. I'd stay there again, though, as the location is great.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Thank you for your review! I am pleased that you found our private rooms comfortable and appreciated the advantage or our free secure parking. I certainly apologise for any disturbance and inconvenience your experienced as a result of noise. I have had my maintenance team check every door in the hostel to repair any faults on door closers to ensure there is no re-occurrence of this in future. Thank you again for your review. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in future.

Really fun atmosphere to this hostel and I enjoyed my stay. Had good facilities and lots to do (jacuzzis - though I don't think these actually worked but they were nice to sit in anyway, hammocks, table tennis, pool). Did feel a little unclean though, particularly the carpets. Felt like the staff were always trying to advertise something, but they were helpful and friendly.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am super stoked that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities. We are in the process of organising to have the carpets replaced. Thank you again for your comments, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards, Sam

Not a bad hostel. It's one of those where a lot of the staff work there to board there so there's a clique group that can be too cool for school. It's good if your someone who can involve yourself in the festivities.

Fun place to stay!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Nickie on Tavel desk was great at organising our east coast trip

• 2nd Sep 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Nomads Byron Bay! We're stoked that Niki was able to organise your East Coast trip, she is amazing and I will be sure to make sure she reads your comments! Enjoy the rest of your travels!

The hostel is quite new so the facilities are pretty nice. The kitchen is good equiped but mugs have to be hired for 5$ deposit and there's no oven. As Nomads is known as a party hostel I was a bit afraid of this because I didn't want that at all but there was no party - at least not in the room area. I didn't check the common areas.

Nice atmosphere and good kitchen

• 30th Jul 2014

A bit like a maze. Far too big of a hostel for my liking. Tv room great, BBQ in d eve

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Nomads Byron Bay. We are quite a large hostel and I understand that some people may appreciate smaller properties. Being a large hostel, we do create a great environment for socialising and meeting other travelers which is many people do enjoy. I am pleased you liked our TV room and BBQ's in the evenings. Enjoy the rest of your travels in Australia.

The rooms were great with security boxes. Overall is was nice, clean and spacious. The common area was really cool with BYO.

Really enjoyed this place, was only meant to be here 3 nights and ended up staying a week! Some of the friendliest staff, and there was always a great atmosphere and an easy place to make friends! Really clean and modern bathrooms too