Nomads Byron Bay Reviews

Lawson Lane, Byron Bay, Australia

Fully appreciate this is a budget backpackers hostel but at $49 a night better facilities and a higher standard of cleanliness would be expected. Rooms filthy and carpets so dirty they are sticky. Kitchen fridges were really smelly and clearly hadn't been cleaned out for some time - basic utensils unavailable - had to go to reception to pay a deposit just to get a mug. Co-ed toilets fine but again need to be cleaned more frequently.

Great hostel well located wth good equipment but to avoid if you are not party oriented

Great central hostel to stay in. The rooms were nice but only had four safety lockers in an eight bed room... you have to buy wifi after you've had your 30 minutes free. Otherwise nice hostel. Had our own balcony and it was only a short walk to the nearest beach.

My stay was dismal! I did my research well or so I thought & chose Nomads due to location & air conditioned rooms. From the first day I had to contend with a broken aircon and sweltering heat which totally destroyed my entire week long holiday. I was uncomfortable and barely slept in the stuffy sweltering room. It was not repaired during my stay, though when I made the 2nd complaint they received mid week about it they had a repair man there looking into it. I will never stay there again!

Good for partying. They rent cheap surfboards.

Overall a pretty standard nomads hostel the onlyaom downside being having to pay over the odds ($41 for one night!) Simply because Byron was so busy. If they charge that price I expect the room to be a little cleaner than it was although the bathrooms and kitchen were very clean

ive stayed here 3 times previous, but this will be my last. things stolen from room, we heard other people had had things taken the same day, found out a guy who was living/working there started a few days previous and he cleaned our room, dodgy! staff didnt seem to care. amenities were disgusting and cleaned only once a day, everything is old, all the doors slam, squeak or dont have locks in rooms and toilets. only good thing is the atmosphere in the afternoon for drinking and meeting people

one of the best hostels i have stayed in for partying

• 3rd Jan 2015

Great hostel with overnight security etc. loads of people and quite a bit of night noise. Bathrooms pretty average both on facilities and cleanliness.

Paid $60 for one night which was definitely not worth the money when you see the hygiene of the place.

- Security good january 31, however some peoples slept on the floor january 30 ( 6beds = 8 peoples ). - My English is not strong and staff speak only English so sometime is not easy to explain something. - I found my door open, many time... - Expensive for the staff and kind of bedrooms but value for money about location.

• 30th Dec 2014

it was very noisy in our room (during the night) the bathroom wasn't very clean the price was hilarious for that offer!

Very loud on the hallways during the night time. Lots of drunken people. Why is alc allowed in there?! - it's a party hostel

• 26th Dec 2014

LOVED THIS HOSTEL! We were there over Christmas and had so much fun, one of the few hostels in Australia which isn't dry, so every drinks in the courtyard together before heading out. Would deffo recommend.

Nomads is an amazing place to stay to meet new people and socialize. It is a very central location and has lots of cheap and accessible amenities (ie you can rent a surf board for 10 bucks a day). I highly recommend staying here!

kitchen is little bit too small for the size of the hostel. The rooms are pricy but the location is nice. The beds aren't wonderfull, but ok for one or two nights. wouldn't stay to long in this nomads

Great place to meet people! Great location! Needs to be cleaned better and more frequently is the only criticism I have.

A nice bed and friendly backpackers and staff. Great location. Cleanliness and facilities could be better.

Good overall, but cleanliness is a huge factor to improve upon. The bathrooms are always dirty and the hallways smell of urine. Cleaning should be several times a day at the very least.

Such friendly staff and very close to the beach. We definitely are visiting again!

• 10th Dec 2014