Nomads Byron Bay Reviews

Very Modern looking hostel, with good clean rooms and facilities. Great atmosphere and excellent staff.

Thoroughly impressed, really clean, great facilities and easy going atmosphere. Would highly recommend

Definitely a party hostel. Very loud at night time.

Dear Ashley, Thank you for your brief review! As you suggest we do provide a great environment for our guests to enjoy themselves each evening, although we do also close down our common areas by 10pm to minimise noise and disruption to guests that do not wish to participate in the festivities. I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy your self while you were staying with us. Kind regards, Sam B

This was the first time I have stayed in an Aussie backpackers & was a little disappointed, mainly with cleanliness... bathrooms just were not that clean and never had hand soap, dirty dishes in our (empty) dorm when we arrived. Also I was surprised at the extra costs - $45 for a dorm and wifi, pool table etc cost extra & breakfast isn't included as it is in so many hostels overseas. On a positive note the courtyard was the best, kitchen was good, great activities and heaps of people to chat to!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Nomads Byron Bay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our facilities, although I was obviously disappointed to read your comments about the cleanliness. This is certainly not consistent with a large majority of the feedback we receive. Regardless of this I will discuss your comments with the team to ensure we do not receive feedback such as this in future. Kind Regards, Sam B

Staff at check in a bit miserable, check out was fine though. Hallways need refurbs definitely, site looked so much nicer, but rooms were good, basic but clean. They were building something in outdoor area using power tools so didn't want to drink out there.

• 6th Jan 2014

Great hostel right in the middle of Byron. Very new, great kitchen with nice terrace. Would definitely stay again

short ways around to everywhere you want to go. ID check at nights, so no other guests can come in. No free luggage storage. Lockers are quite expensive :(

Thank you for brief review. I was pleased to read that our location was convenient for you. I apologise if luggage storage was not made available to you, as we do generally assist with storing luggage at no extra charge and we have the lockers available to secure valuable items. If you do return to Nomads Byron Bay please see reception if you need to store you luggage and we will do for you at no charge. Kind Regards, Sam B

Wifi connection a bit on and off, but other than that one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Would recommend and stay again for sure.

Awesome loved it

Aside from schoolies week and price over the normal rate, the hostel has great location (walking distance to the beach, shops, restaurants, Woolworths), clean room and ensuite bathroom, and is quiet after 10pm. Although I occasionally do find the kitchen a bit in a mess and not cleaned during/after meal time, but that's a given.

I went at an expensive time, when schoolies was about so that kinda hindered by enjoyment but has really clean and nice rooms!

All the facilities and everything kept pretty clean even if a bit generic. I. Only stayed 1 night but managed to have a great time owing to the people I met in my dorm. Staff were really nice letting me phone to sort my bus out after I had checked out and also not getting annoyed that I was a little late. Stayed in main beach hostel the next night as nomads was full. It was a smaller hostel and felt a bit more relaxed but facilities were awful, not clean, no a/c, terrible bathrooms! Not worth it

Veeery busy place, stayed there during the schoolies unfortunately..so it was more expensive than usual. Anyway it's near the beach and it has all you need

I thought it was a really nice hostel. A bit overpriced, but I was there when there were schoolies, but they didn't really cause a problem. Bathrooms were really nice and I think this hostel has the best pillows I've had!

I stayed in 2 different rooms, both very nice and clean. Staff very friendly, high security level and perfect location.

the most unhelpful and impolite staff ever!! everytime you need something from the receptionists, the answer you get is "i dont know". they don't even bother yo help, big shame n really really disappointing. 4 bed ensuite was great but 10 bed dorm is way too small for 10 people.

Party Party Party. Not for relaxing :(

Thank you for your review. We do provide and enjoyable environment and encourage our guests to have fun while staying with us. Although we do also respect that our guests wish to rest and get some quiet time so we do conduct regular property checks to ensure noise is kept to a minimum in guest corridors. I apologise if you were disturbed at any point during your stay. Kind regards, Sam B

Busy hostel, great for a party and good location in middle of town. Parking is only available underground and no good for camervans. Corridors were a bit minging but the rooms and bathrooms were a decent standard. Kitchen always busy. Hot tub out of order.

I found the hostel to be very secure, quiet after 10pm and useful staff. Renting surf boards were cheap and if you wanted to party the option was there that is for sure. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. Washrooms are clean and nothing was below my standards for a hostel.

The hostel is in a great location and I stayed there as friends had recommended it to me. Unfortunately, when I stayed they gave me a room with a lock that didn't work and despite asking on more than one occasion they wouldn't move me. I was locked out of my room so many times, including after a shower and in the middle of the night that I became increasingly frustrated. staff weren't particularly helpful and I got the impression they were just passing through Byron and weren't too bothered.

• 11th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review of Nomads Byron Bay. I apologise that the lock to your room was not working correctly, unfortunately at the time you we were with us we were experiencing issues with some of our locks which have now been fixed. I am also sorry if you feel that the staff were not helpful. I have discussed your comments with them to ensure this doesn't happen again in future as we do put a lot of effort into ensuring our guests have a pleasant stay. Thanks again for your feedback.