Nomads Byron Bay Reviews

I found the hostel to be very secure, quiet after 10pm and useful staff. Renting surf boards were cheap and if you wanted to party the option was there that is for sure. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. Washrooms are clean and nothing was below my standards for a hostel.

The hostel is in a great location and I stayed there as friends had recommended it to me. Unfortunately, when I stayed they gave me a room with a lock that didn't work and despite asking on more than one occasion they wouldn't move me. I was locked out of my room so many times, including after a shower and in the middle of the night that I became increasingly frustrated. staff weren't particularly helpful and I got the impression they were just passing through Byron and weren't too bothered.

• 11th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review of Nomads Byron Bay. I apologise that the lock to your room was not working correctly, unfortunately at the time you we were with us we were experiencing issues with some of our locks which have now been fixed. I am also sorry if you feel that the staff were not helpful. I have discussed your comments with them to ensure this doesn't happen again in future as we do put a lot of effort into ensuring our guests have a pleasant stay. Thanks again for your feedback.

Kitchen was a bit dirty and showers as well. Rooms were okay though. There was free wifi available at reception for 30 min, but you could just log in again when those 30 mins were up! and it was close to restaurants, food shop and about 5 min walk to the beach!

It's good value for money. Rooms are good - could do with a few more bathrooms but overall I'd go back.

Had an awesome time!! Very central location, right in the middle of Byron. Walking distance from the beach, shops, clubs, restaurants and supermarkets. Great atmosphere. They threw a big party for Halloween with a cheap BBQ and It was a brilliant night. Facilities are unisex but still fairly clean. They also have an activities desk with an advisor that can book you onto tours/activities in the area, which was really handy and good for advice on what there is to do. Will definitely stay again!!

• 30th Oct 2013

The location is great, close to everything! Staff are really unhelpful and unprofessional, they really don't know the meaning of customer service! There is a weird smell on the stairs but all good in the rooms but would be nice if they cleaned the carpets once in a while. Bathrooms are nice and clean same with kitchen unless everyone's been cooking! Rooms are spacious and so great to have a balcony. Overall good stay apart from the staff and don't pay for Internet!! Doesn't work in the rooms..

• 28th Oct 2013

Pretty glad I checked in on Sunday and not Friday, it was a complete different crowd from Monday to Wednesday (a better crowd) which made for more fun. The kitchen was great and the common room was awesome. The activities to get everyone involved were good to. Byron is only small so it's hard to have a bad location.

This must be one of the best hostels I've stayed at in Australia. It felt like a hotel compared to others I've been to. Showers, bathroom, kitchen, it was all well equipped and clean! Staff was really nice and found us a room even though the whole town was fully booked one night. I highly recommend this hostel. The hostel was our highlight in Byron bay.

A nice place in a good location. Only let down by: 1: having no free breakfast (though not many in BB had either) 2: the fact anyone could walk right inside during the day without staying there (security at night much better). 3: the lock on our door not working so anyone could get in. 4: No backpack size lockers in the room. Harsh to give it average value - for BB it is quite good, but I felt giving it good value was too generous. That said I would deffo stay there again.

1 2 3 Next » last »