Nomads Cairns Hostel & Serpent Bar Reviews

341 Lake St, Cairns, Australia

Clean and friendly hostel but just a bit too far from the city for my liking. Hated having to wait for a bus to either take me to the city or bring me back to the hostel, only run them once every hour.

Hostel is quite far out of Cairns and getting the shuttle bus as part of a large group was a nightmare. Staff are very slow and don't seem to be that knowledgeable. It took me over 30mins to check in and then my key did not work. This was fixed by staff after an hour which was very frustrating. Good facilities, good to have a restaurant and breakfast provided.

A very nice hostel; i enjoyed it. The only thing is that you have to walk for approx 25 min to the Center of cairns. And the Internet is bad working

• 28th Jul 2014

Great to stay. Friendly staff and loads of nice travelers to meet. I even fixed the tv :)

This was the worst hostel I ever stayed in: - misleading information on their webpage - for instance, they say they offer free shuttle to the airport, however, as it turned out, it is free only for pick up -for the way back to airport they have 'very affordable' shuttle for only 17 dollars.- Also, rooms are not cleaned properly and there were several animals in our bed - we informed management about it, but they did not seem very concerned. - kitchen was horribly dirty - unfriendly stuff

Good hostel. A bit out of the city but the shuttle bus goes there every hour. The kitchen and the bar are really nice and with good equipment. the staff is friendly but the travel desk sucks. They don't help you at all.

It's not very clean. It very close to the airport and a taxi is cheaper than the airport shuttle. A bar is part of the hostel and it's very load!!

Would definitely stay here again, big pool, nice kitchen, clean rooms, we stayed in a doublebedroom-really cheap, nice specials like $3 meals and the free shuttle to the city every hour till 3am in the morning

• 14th Apr 2014