Nomads Cairns Hostel & Serpent Bar Reviews

341 Lake St, Cairns, Australia

Not a bad place to stay for a couple nights. Right on the Main Street next to the cafés and restaurants. The hostel could do more in regards to the cleanliness of the linen and towels provided - there were dirty marks on the bed linen and the bath mat was filthy.

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights, either side of our tour. Most staff were super helpful, some staff seemed more reluctant and passed on jobs but this may be because they were new? beds were pretty standard, bunk beds were really high but had a safety bar. We booked a 6bed dorm and got upgraded to a 4bed. Pool is lush, relaxing music played all day and outdoor chill space was lovely. Also can't complain at the $3 dinners! Serpent bar open/close times are bad if you go on a day tour.

The kitchen was never clean, we didn't like cooking in it - you always have to look twice if the thing you want to use is clean! The room was quite gooe, but it has a ugly smell in it. On the reception are many travellers working, means it takes you loooong time for everything or to get a rarely good answer! The hostel car was my hero! But it should not can get in the kitchen, but thats just my opinion!

When I tyrnt up my room was very untidy and even though it says no alcohol to be in rooms as its a licenseed premises under my bed was empty beer cans and vodka bottles and used tissues and baby wipes I was not impressed but understand its previous guests not the hostel.

Clean and friendly hostel but just a bit too far from the city for my liking. Hated having to wait for a bus to either take me to the city or bring me back to the hostel, only run them once every hour.

Hostel is quite far out of Cairns and getting the shuttle bus as part of a large group was a nightmare. Staff are very slow and don't seem to be that knowledgeable. It took me over 30mins to check in and then my key did not work. This was fixed by staff after an hour which was very frustrating. Good facilities, good to have a restaurant and breakfast provided.

A very nice hostel; i enjoyed it. The only thing is that you have to walk for approx 25 min to the Center of cairns. And the Internet is bad working

Great to stay. Friendly staff and loads of nice travelers to meet. I even fixed the tv :)

This was the worst hostel I ever stayed in: - misleading information on their webpage - for instance, they say they offer free shuttle to the airport, however, as it turned out, it is free only for pick up -for the way back to airport they have 'very affordable' shuttle for only 17 dollars.- Also, rooms are not cleaned properly and there were several animals in our bed - we informed management about it, but they did not seem very concerned. - kitchen was horribly dirty - unfriendly stuff