Nomads Cairns Hostel & Serpent Bar Reviews

341 Lake St, Cairns, Australia

Not a bad place to stay for a couple nights. Right on the Main Street next to the cafés and restaurants. The hostel could do more in regards to the cleanliness of the linen and towels provided - there were dirty marks on the bed linen and the bath mat was filthy.

Hiya - thanks for your comments - we use an external commercial laundry to do all our linen so I will check the quality of this after reading your comments as crisp, white sheets on the beds is one of our selling points! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights, either side of our tour. Most staff were super helpful, some staff seemed more reluctant and passed on jobs but this may be because they were new? beds were pretty standard, bunk beds were really high but had a safety bar. We booked a 6bed dorm and got upgraded to a 4bed. Pool is lush, relaxing music played all day and outdoor chill space was lovely. Also can't complain at the $3 dinners! Serpent bar open/close times are bad if you go on a day tour.

Hiya and thanks for the comments we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

The kitchen was never clean, we didn't like cooking in it - you always have to look twice if the thing you want to use is clean! The room was quite gooe, but it has a ugly smell in it. On the reception are many travellers working, means it takes you loooong time for everything or to get a rarely good answer! The hostel car was my hero! But it should not can get in the kitchen, but thats just my opinion!

hiya - thanks for the review - we have recently hired a whole new team since your stay and pride ourselves on cleanliness and customer service - we hope you can come and check us out again soon!

Really unfriendly and dirty hostel. Out of town, would not recommend

Hiya thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry that you found the hostel unclean. We pride ourselves on our customer service and cleanliness and we will show your comments to our housekeeping team so we can improve our standards. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

When I tyrnt up my room was very untidy and even though it says no alcohol to be in rooms as its a licenseed premises under my bed was empty beer cans and vodka bottles and used tissues and baby wipes I was not impressed but understand its previous guests not the hostel.

Hiya - thanks for the comments - it is unacceptable that there was rubbish under your bed - we have since got a new housekeeping team who are very vigilant on cleanliness so this will not happen again. We hope to see you in Cairns again soon!

Clean and friendly hostel but just a bit too far from the city for my liking. Hated having to wait for a bus to either take me to the city or bring me back to the hostel, only run them once every hour.

Hostel is quite far out of Cairns and getting the shuttle bus as part of a large group was a nightmare. Staff are very slow and don't seem to be that knowledgeable. It took me over 30mins to check in and then my key did not work. This was fixed by staff after an hour which was very frustrating. Good facilities, good to have a restaurant and breakfast provided.