Nomads Capital Backpackers Reviews

118 Wakefield Street, PO Box 11-247, Wellington, New Zealand

The kitchen was smaller but they provided pancake batter every morning from 7-9 for breakfast that was really good. You had to get there early to avoid a massive pile up waiting to cook them but the free food was much appreciated. Good location, very close to Cuba Street and bus stops so it was easy to get around the city. Room was clean as were the shared bathrooms. 2 bathrooms in our section with a total of 1 working toilet and 3 showers. Overall pretty good stay for the price.

The hostel was great. Very secure with lockers and nicely cleaned rooms. The staff were very cheerful and helpful, but perhaps the best thing about the hostel is the location, located right by the lively and vibrant Cuba Street in downtown Wellington. I found it very easy to get around here.

Great hostel, friendliest staff I've come across, easy to get everywhere from it. However, given that it's off peak and your huge hostel seemed quite empty I feel you could've not put us in the room directly above the bar next door, as you can physically feel the music. Also smallest kitchen I've seen. However, I would recommend this hostel.

Great hostel, friendly staff and fairly decent facilties. Love the free pancake breakfast and the atmosphere and location are great.

Great atmosphere, great location, great facilities, very clean, well organized, and very fun. Free pancakes in the am from 7-9. I didn't like'em too much so they weren't worth the calories but for a backpacker it's a lifesaver. Free dinner which was pretty damn good for a free meal. Carmen could cook up a nice meal and she has some dope movies so get to know her. The entire staff starting with Saoirse the manager were very cool and helpful. The cleaning crew were nice and courteous as well.

We stayed with our 4 teenage kids - was fantastic, staff and other travellers were all very friendly and the facilities were clean. Another group even donated a big plate of pancakes to us :-)

• 30th May 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

I like the security with the checkcards but it is easy to get into the floors with the rooms if people are walking out. I stayed 2 nights and every day they "cleaned" the room but every day the same hairs were in the shower and in the washbasin.

This hostel is in a great location in the cbd, and free dinner every night! The rooms were very clean, although there weren't many bathrooms. Overall though one of the cheaper hostels and really nice.

Had problems with the heating in my room not working and the staff being too busy to help properly (not the fault of individual staff members) but otherwise a perfectly acceptable hostelhostel.

My matress was awful and rhwre ere no lockers in the room!!!

The free pancakes are AMAZING!

• 18th May 2015

We stayed for one night and it was perfect for our needs. Nice staff and rooms, free dinner was pretty good too!

• 15th May 2015
  • New Zealand

I stayed on a 10 bed dorm and it was the most untidy room I have ever stayed in! Plug sockets are in awkward places so it's difficult to charge things. The facilities in the hostel were ok but not enough toilets or showers on every floor.

Unfortunately the women-only dorm rooms were on Level 1 directly above the bar so there was loud noise pumping till at least 11pm on a weeknight. Other than that I had a lovely stay

I loved every minute of it! There was a great vibe about the place and staff were awesome. The Hostel was clean and comfy. The free meal in Blend bar was above average for what you would expect (especially the curry) but pay the $2 upgrade if your peckish. This is definitely a great hostel for any age range, whether its for short or long stays. Location is spot on for the museum, water front, shopping and nightlife! All in all one of the best stays iv had in a hostel!

• 4th May 2015

Hello, thank you for your comments. We think we are pretty awesome too. We hope to see you back in the Capital soon. Saoirse, Hostel Manager

With a lot of these bigger hostels I've noticed you get a less intimate feel and this was no exception. The facilities and location were great but not a great place to meet new people.

nice hostel, but over-priced

Hello, thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the hostel but am sorry to see that you found us to be over priced. I hope you made the most of the free meals we offer to all our guests while you stayed with us. Many guests have commented that offering free meals really helps when traveling on a budget. We hope to see you back in the Capital, Saoirse, Hostel Manager

Very friendly staff

• 16th Apr 2015

Thank you for your comments. The team are pretty friendly bunch. We hope you make it back to Wellington in the future. Saoirse, Hostel manager

Fantastic place to stay, helpful and friendly staff, bar beside is a great time (kareoke, beer pong tourney, good deals). Facilities, rooms and common areas all great. Dinner/breakfast also good. Definitely would stay again.

• 13th Apr 2015

Thank you for your comments. We hope you do make it back to stay with us again. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your time with us. Saoirse, Hostel Manager

The bed were SUPER squeaky and the noise rok.the bar travels far on any day of the week. Definitely needed my earplugs. The room was clean and I loved having a bathroom in the room. The wifi is not free which really sucks when you are traveling on a budget. But thankfully the city has wifi everywhere so the minute you step outside you're pretty much connected. The Fantastic location right near Cuba street and the information center. I'd definitely stay again, but not without my earplugs!!!

Hello, thank you for your comments. Yes, Blend Bar likes to party all night every night. I hope we supplied you with free earplugs (available at reception if you need for your next stay). We are very lucky with our central location, and we like to hope that our awesome housekeeping team keep the rooms in a good condition. We are in the final stages of replacing the squeaky beds so I hope this wont be an issue for your next visit. We hope to see you again soon. Saoirse, Hostel Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3