Nomads Capital Backpackers Reviews

118 Wakefield Street, PO Box 11-247, Wellington, New Zealand

This hostel was not the worst one I have been too, but I would probably not stay there again. There was no ventilation in any of the rooms as the windows were less than a foot wide. We had also been in the kitchen for pancakes, what a mess that was, but I appreciate the free food. The guests were also not as willing to talk to others and I felt a disconnected vibe.

really nice hostel in a beautiful old building in the heart of Wellington with super welcoming staff. apart from squeaky beds, insanely loud bar and sometimes shockingly slow wifi it's a great experience.

• 25th Jan 2016

I was only planning on staying in Wellington for a couple of days but ended up being 4 due mostly to the hostel. The staff are knowledgable helpful and friendly. The lounge area is big enough to hold loads of people and you can talk to anyone. There are staff cleaning up constantly. The beds are soon comfortable and the location is perfect for walking around town. Free breakfast AND dinner are a bonus, shame about no free wifi though. Would definitely stay here again

Free food is good. Keep it up

Kitchen wasn't great and the room was really hot but everything else was excellent in particular the location. Great cheap shuttle service to the ferry also.

After a full day of travelling, we were unfortunately put in a room directly above a bar which blares ridiculously loud, cheesy music until 2am. Luckily, the manager was understanding, acknowledged our grievances and gave us a private room away from the bar for the last night of our stay (which was also gonna be a loud one). The dinners are pretty tasty but small, and the location is right in the city centre. There should be free wifi in every hostel in Wellington and you should start the trend.

I feel it was the other travellers at this hostel that made this place an enjoyable stay for me. If not for them I would have struggled. Excellent location, and very clean. The rooms are boiling hot but the showers are great. I just hated that I felt taken advantage of by this hostel. They charge you for EVERYTHING. Want a towel? $ borrow a hair dryer? $ wifi? $4 a day! The place is great but just beware of all the hidden costs

Great hostel with a good location downtown. Downfall is there is absolutely no where to park for free if you have a car. Staff at the front desk weren't always the most helpful.

Wifinisnt included which is a bit surprising cause of the prices of rooms there. No atmosphere in the hostel and the morning pancakes are kinda war as you have to make it yourself (small kitchen). The free diner is only an hour.

No free wifi and no alcohol inside. The free dinner that they offer is pretty mediocre but it's free. Comfy beds and perfectly located. Bathrooms were good.

One of the best hostels we've stayed in during our trip! Great atmosphere, free pancakes for breakfast and staff are too cool! We had a real good time here!

Thank you very much for your review. Really great to hear you enjoyed the hostel and our staff. You will have to come back and stay with us again. Cody - Assistant Manager

The guy who staffed the kitchen in the morning was especially helpful and attentive. Props to him.

Thank you for your review. You must be speaking of one of our work for accommdation staff, glad to hear they were helpful during your stay. We hope to see you back here soon. Cody - Assistant Manager.

Short but great stay. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm with ensuite, very spacious, quiet, and super clean. Great location, really central yet very quiet street. For fellow bikers out there, there is motorcycle parking just in front of the hotel next door, literally 20 steps from the hostel.

Thank you for your review. Great to hear you enjoyed the hostel and how comfortable it was for you. We like our location too. Would be great to see you back here soon. Cody - Assistant Manager.

Excellent location and friendly atmosphere. Not the cleanest hostel I've stayed in but nothing overly offensive. Free breakfast is kind of a joke - pancakes that you have to cook and clean up yourself and only available till 9:00. Free dinner is small but good and provided by the bar next door. Fun place but not to rowdy as alcohol is not permitted anywhere in the hostel (except in the bar next door of course!).

Thank you for your review. Great to hear you enjoyed the location and the atmosphere of our hostel. We try to offer as much as we can to our guests, the free make your own pancakes is something different which no other hostel in Wellington offer. We try to be different you see. Glad to hear you enjoyed the free meal. As we have the bar we cant allow alcohol in the building unfortunateley. We would love to see you back here soon. Cody - Assistant Manager.

Great location, free pancakes for breakfast was a bonus. Rooms were comfy and had lockers for valuables which is always good. All in all a pleasant stay, would recommend.

Thank you for your review and recommendation. Great to here you enjoyed the location and our make your own pancakes. Awesome to hear that the rooms were comfortable and safe for you. We would love to see you here again soon. Cody - Assistant manager.

It is pretty good hostal .itis not.my favorite but.it is good overall.

Thank you for your review. Great to hear you enjoyed our hostel. We would love to see you here again and hopefully we can become your favourite with a second stay. Cody - Assistant Manager.

The hostel itself is really nice, well kept, and in a great location. Like most of the bigger NZ hostels I stayed in, it seemed to be mostly younger backpackers traveling in groups and on the buses so people tended to be grouped up. Recommended for a night or two but I bet there are more intimate places better suited for meeting other solo travelers.

I really liked the location of this hostel. The rooms were immaculate and the bathrooms were pretty spotless. I'd definitely stay here again if visiting Wellington. Be warned, if you have a car, prepare to pay thru the nose for parking or walk at least half an hour for "discounted" parking.

Thank you for your enquiry. Great to hear the rooms were clean and tidy. $7.50 for all day parking and only 20 minutes walk is not bad compared to some prices in other cities. We would love to see you here again soon. Cody - Assistant Manager.

The free breakfast does not happen when you get to the kitchen after 9am. But this is the only thing I could complain about.

Thank you for your review. Our free make your own pancakes is between 7am-9am which is the time we get the most amount of people out of bed. If we do it at any other time it becomes to messy to organise. We would love to see you here again and to get you up in time for the pancakes. Cody - Assistant Manager

Top hostel!!

Thank you for your review. Great to hear we are the top hostel. We hope you come back to stay soon. Cody - Assistant Manager.

« first « Prev 1 2 3