Nomads Capital Backpackers Reviews

118 Wakefield Street, PO Box 11-247, Wellington, New Zealand

best hostel in NZ! Ken Keys

• 21st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Kitchen area and storage were a bit confined but pancakes and dinner very much appreciated

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I had a very comfortable stay, the 24 hour reception always had someone willing to help and I met many friendly characters, lots of people working in NZ but quite a few passers-by as well. Very good value for money, 2 free meals a day was great and my 10 bed dorm felt secure, there were lockers and it was very warm in the evenings. Found it odd that I met no other Australians but this has been the case everywhere I've been in New Zealand since!

Okay stay, the hostel advertises a free snack sized meal each evening however there is not a vegetarian option, only a tiny bowl of salad. The bathrooms did not look regularly cleaned and both showers on the first shower can only be used for a couple of minutes before they were blocked and water over-flowed.

Beds were a little squeaky. Bathrooms quite clean and showers were hot and efficient pressure although its drainage was veryyy slow. Pancake breakfast was great and having dinner provided was handy.

• 2nd Jul 2015

The kitchen was smaller but they provided pancake batter every morning from 7-9 for breakfast that was really good. You had to get there early to avoid a massive pile up waiting to cook them but the free food was much appreciated. Good location, very close to Cuba Street and bus stops so it was easy to get around the city. Room was clean as were the shared bathrooms. 2 bathrooms in our section with a total of 1 working toilet and 3 showers. Overall pretty good stay for the price.

The hostel was great. Very secure with lockers and nicely cleaned rooms. The staff were very cheerful and helpful, but perhaps the best thing about the hostel is the location, located right by the lively and vibrant Cuba Street in downtown Wellington. I found it very easy to get around here.

Great hostel, friendliest staff I've come across, easy to get everywhere from it. However, given that it's off peak and your huge hostel seemed quite empty I feel you could've not put us in the room directly above the bar next door, as you can physically feel the music. Also smallest kitchen I've seen. However, I would recommend this hostel.

Great hostel, friendly staff and fairly decent facilties. Love the free pancake breakfast and the atmosphere and location are great.

Great atmosphere, great location, great facilities, very clean, well organized, and very fun. Free pancakes in the am from 7-9. I didn't like'em too much so they weren't worth the calories but for a backpacker it's a lifesaver. Free dinner which was pretty damn good for a free meal. Carmen could cook up a nice meal and she has some dope movies so get to know her. The entire staff starting with Saoirse the manager were very cool and helpful. The cleaning crew were nice and courteous as well.

Only stayed here over night between buses but has everything you would need laundry etc. Seems to be close to everything you would need, bars, supermarket etc. Security is very good here swipe access to floors and rooms. Everything is clean. Good place to stay.

We stayed with our 4 teenage kids - was fantastic, staff and other travellers were all very friendly and the facilities were clean. Another group even donated a big plate of pancakes to us :-)

• 30th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I like the security with the checkcards but it is easy to get into the floors with the rooms if people are walking out. I stayed 2 nights and every day they "cleaned" the room but every day the same hairs were in the shower and in the washbasin.

This hostel is in a great location in the cbd, and free dinner every night! The rooms were very clean, although there weren't many bathrooms. Overall though one of the cheaper hostels and really nice.

Had problems with the heating in my room not working and the staff being too busy to help properly (not the fault of individual staff members) but otherwise a perfectly acceptable hostelhostel.

My matress was awful and rhwre ere no lockers in the room!!!

The free pancakes are AMAZING!

• 18th May 2015

We stayed for one night and it was perfect for our needs. Nice staff and rooms, free dinner was pretty good too!

• 15th May 2015
  • New Zealand

I stayed on a 10 bed dorm and it was the most untidy room I have ever stayed in! Plug sockets are in awkward places so it's difficult to charge things. The facilities in the hostel were ok but not enough toilets or showers on every floor.

Unfortunately the women-only dorm rooms were on Level 1 directly above the bar so there was loud noise pumping till at least 11pm on a weeknight. Other than that I had a lovely stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3