Nomads Capital Backpackers Reviews

118 Wakefield Street, PO Box 11-247, Wellington, New Zealand

Great hostel! Stayed here for 5 nights in a very spacious and clean 10 bed dorm. Crucially, there were small lockers and plenty of plug points. Bathrooms were also kept clean and tidy. The staff were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. The free tea, coffee, breakfast pancakes and dinner were fantastic - it's these little things that make the difference. I would recommend this hostel without hesitation.

• 8th Sep 2014

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a great team here so I'll be sure to pass your comments onto them and I'm really glad you enjoyed the freebies that we offer, having travelled ourselves we know how nice it is to have someone cook for you every now and again and having those extra things to help you save your money! Hope to see you back in Wellington again. Kate, Hostel Manager.

Room as super cold and a little noisy as the window was ajar and we couldn't shut it. One thin blanket per bed wasn't enough for Windy Wellington in our room!

Hi there, thanks very much for leaving your review on your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you found your room cold we do have duvets on each bed and a heater in each room but also offer extra blankets and hot water bottles for those colder nights so I hope you were able to take advantage of these. I was not aware of an issue with the window but will make sure it is checked ASAP. I hope this didn't affect your stay too much. Kate, Hostel Manager.

Stayed in a 10 bed dorm on 105. The first floor stunk of damp and 105 wasn't so fresh either. Moved to 305 much better. Kitchen has good variety of pans etc. Only 2 toilets and showers on 3rd floor.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We don't have any problems with damp and all floors are checked daily so I'm not sure if the smell was from something in the room but will certainly look into it. There are actually 6 showers and 4 toilets on each floor which we find is plenty with most of our rooms having ensuites. We would have been more than happy to direct you to the other bathrooms on your floor. Hope this didn't affect your stay too much. Kate, Hostel Manager.

I had an absolutely amazing time at this hostel. I have stayed in many hostels all around the world, but Nomads was by far the best. I was able to check in early, and was greeted immediately by a range of friendly staff. Facilities were exactly what I needed, and the range of communal areas were great. Also, during my stay I was rushed to hospital, and the staff at Nomads went above and beyond to help me out, including a free room upgrade to a private dorm whilst I recovered. Thank you Nomads!

• 17th Jul 2014

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We have a great team here so I'm glad that you were impressed by them and they were able to help you out when you needed it. Hope we will see you back in Wellington again in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager.

Bar downstairs makes it impossible to sleep (even with earplugs on) until 3am if you're staying on the first floor, ask for second/third.

Hi there, thanks for leaving your review. I can see from your booking that you stayed with us for quite a while and I'm sorry you were disturbed by noise from the bar. The bar usually closes sometime between 11pm and 1am depending on how busy we are so am surprised that there would have still been noise at 3am but I will speak with the bar team about it. We are always more than happy to help out with a different room if this is more preferable and I hope it didn't affect your stay too much.

I stayed in a private room. The mattress was like sleeping on a marshmallow and the room was freezing, with only a tiny little foot heater mounted on the wall. The staff essentially kicked their backpacker guests out of the bar (by putting 'reserved' signs on all the tables) so that they could entertain a busload of Contiki trippers, who made a huge racket. No-one got any sleep, but I am sure the bar made a fortune.

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. The heaters in the rooms are pretty effective but we do have plenty of spare blankets and hot water bottles if you need them just feel free to ask. We did have a group in the bar while you were here but we certainly wouldn't want to kick anyone out because of this. I'm sorry if the noise disturbed you though, we are always happy to turn the music down if this is the case.

This is a really nice hostel. It's so easy to feel at home here, a home with a fun bar next door! Getting breakfast and dinner included is great and the ensuite is a really nice touch. This was my 2nd stay and I'd be happy for a 3rd.

Everything was very clean EXCEPT for a condom besides one of the beds

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry that you had the misfortune to find an unwanted item by your bed, unfortunately with the larger dorm rooms this could have appeared after our Housekeeping team cleaned the room but I will certainly speak with them about it to make sure they are being extra vigilant with checks. I hope this didn't affect your stay too much and that we will see you again in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager

Nice hostel right in the city. 10 minutes to a big New World supermarket, and restaurants, shops and cinema etc are right around the corner. The hostel was clean but was loud from the Blend bar next door. You get a free small meal in the bar every night, it wasn't at all tasty when we were there, but hey, it's free!

Decent hostel. well located and good security. The lockers were the only real thing that I was dissapointed with. the room I had this time had a tiny locker, and some don't have lockers at all. You also have to pay for internet.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. The lockers we provide are just intended for small valuables. If anything does not fit in there we are happy to look after anything for you in our safe. I hope you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay with us.

clean hostel, free dinner was a nice touch, even when the restaurant was closed they still gave us dinner. front desk staff not very helpful, knew nothing about parking but mentioned that someone got towed once (not very reassuring!). cozy lounge. (for anyone else driving, we didn't end up paying for a carpark, just parked for free overnight in front of the hostel, didnt get towed, then paid $5 during the day in a victoria street carpark.)

I am glad you enjoyed the hostel and free meal. I am very concerned to hear that you thought our staff were unfriendly, as you can see, we usually get great comments about our staff, however, this is an issue we take very seriously and will be looked in to. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

I enjoyed the hostel but the first floor gets a lot of noise from the bar downstairs. My room window couldn't be closed so it was cold all the time (room 110) and the key/power system sucks BIG TIME when you are not travelling in a group because as soon as the person who owns the key takes it out of the room everyone else losses the power (doesn't matter if it happens in the middle of the night) EXTREMELY ANOYING FOR HEATING AND CHARGING PHONES AND CAMERAS....

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that the bar was noisy during your stay. We do provide free ear plugs at reception and if you had spoken to any of our reception team we could have turned the music down or happily moved you to a different room. We use the key system for the electricity in order to preserve energy and help the environment - to prevent lights being left on unnecessarily. Again, if you had spoken to reception staff we could have helped here too.

Good hostel for a few days, not a lot happening though... But nice hostel in general! And awesome deals with the bar ! :)

• 27th May 2014

Hi There, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you liked our hostel and our awesome bar! It's a shame you felt there was not going on, Wellington was particularly quiet last week but we're working on improving that :) We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again.

Really good location near i-site and Cuba street. Small free small dinner in bar which is nice. Stayed in hostels all over NZ and this hostel has the squeakiest beds, horrible at night as impossible for people to get it and out of top bunk without waking whole room. Also the attached bar is very loud so ask for a room on 2nd or 3rd floor. Would stay again though.

Hi there, thanks so much for your review and I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As you might have seen from some of the other reviews we are in the process of replacing all of our old bunk beds with brand new ones so we are fixing this problem but as you can imagine it is taking a little while so I'm sorry you were in one of the older beds. I really hope you'll come back again when we have all our new comfy (and quiet!) beds. Kate, Hostel Manager.

I stayed in a private room, which was very nice, clean, and own bathroom. The kitchen was good, staff was good and very welcoming. I recommend this hostel.

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the place comfortable and clean. We have a great team here who do all they can to make sure everyone is having a great stay so I'll be sure to pass your comments onto them and hope to see you again if you are back in Wellington in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager.

We had four people. We booked for a 6 person dorm and got upgraded to a 4 person en-suite. It was nice and clean. The hostel was located close to CUba street and we had fun shopping, going out around town and walking to the waterfront. Hard to find overnight parking, but we ended up finding a car park down the street. If you have a car consider it will be about 25-30 to park overnight in the city.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your free upgrade and found the place nice and clean. Parking can be a bit difficult when the city is busy but it is free to park on the road outside the building between 6pm and 8am each night although I do appreciate that longer term parking is more convenient. I hope this didn't affect your stay too much. Kate, Hostel Manager

Very nice hostel. Quiet, spacious room. Very nice clean bathrooms! Friendly staff. Only problem is they don't do weekly rates otherwise I would've stayed longer.

• 24th Apr 2014

Hi there, thanks very much for leaving your feedback and I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, found the hostel clean and found our awesome staff nice and friendly, they are a great team! We don't currently offer a set weekly rate as we are still pretty busy but you are welcome to stay with us as long as you like provided that we have the availability. Hope to see you back again sometime! Kate, Hostel Manager.

No working internet. No alcohol even not in the room er the ask you the leave.

Hi there. As far as I am aware we have had no issue with internet in the past few weeks so I will certainly follow up with the rest of the team on this. Regarding the alcohol we are a dry hostel and therefore do not allow drinking in the rooms. We do not ask guests who are drinking to leave but we do ask that they leave their alcohol with us until they check out at which point we return it to them. I'm sorry if you were unhappy with this and hope that it didn't affect your stay too much.