Nomads Capital Backpackers Reviews

118 Wakefield Street, PO Box 11-247, Wellington, New Zealand

add lockers in rooms please!

The kitchen is very small for a big hostel like this. The rest is all right for what you pay. You can make your own free pancakes for breakfast.

Everyone was friendly, free dinner was great, good location and a really good atmosphere, pretty chilled during the day! Noisy at night because of the bar, but to be expected as the next night was Paddy's day!!

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

I had a good stay but when I came home on sat nite from a nite out I found someone else in my bed and I when down to complain and they didn't do anything but give me another room after 45 mins wait from another room plus was kicked out of that room at 10 in the morning and have to wait ontill half 4 for my new room and I was not one but happy bout it cause I more less paid for for someone else to stay In my room and I don't think I will got back to nomads hostel in Wellington

• 13th Mar 2015

no toiletbrush in room available, so there was a little message for us in the toilet when we arrived. really enjoyed the stay.nice building, comfortable rooma,close to the habour.it with pancakes for breakfast and a free dinner!

Good service, friendly stuff but parking is quit expensive around the hostel if you travel with a car.

• 4th Mar 2015

it's very convenient in town and you can walk around the wharf in several minutes. Staff are nice and the place is pretty clean.

The free dinner is not really good enough even with the NZD $ 2 upgrade.

Very good location close to everything. Our first night we're placed in room that's designated for tour groups which apparently was a mistake, ended up having a bad night listening to the loud music playing from the pub underneath. After complaining about the bad night to staff, we're accommodated and put in a quieter room also refunded the night for their mistake. Staff are friendly and hostel is clean however I was disappointed with how small the kitchen is.

Had to queue for over an hour just to check in. Enough said.

Great location across from the I-site and close to Te Papa Museum and Harbour. They give you free pancakes and a small dinner which you can upgrade for $2. The only thing lacking was the amount of bathrooms. Many people sharing a couple bathrooms each floor. Also, kitchen is small and difficult to find utensils. Overall, perfect place to stay short term.

Great hostel to stay in. In the middle of town.

The music from the hostel bar was unbearably loud in the first floor. The floor was vibrating and even earplugs did not help. When people were very noisy in the common area the personnel joined them rather than calming them down. Backpackers not with Stray or another "fun company" will feel a little lonely as mostly those groups come to the nomads. The groups were already formed and did not let some outsiders in. We were just not cool enough... Free food is great and the facilities we alright!

This was a nice hostel to stay in although I was only there for one night. The staff were helpful and there was even the opportunity to have pancakes for breakfast and a free light dinner in the evening. It is within easy walking distance of the city centre. Overall I would recommend this hostel.

• 10th Feb 2015

I really like the Nomads branch as everything is spot on. Only problem with this one was the kitchen was tiny and the noise was ongoing throughout the night as I had a front room

I only had a one night stop-over so didn't hang out in the kitchen or common areas much, rooms were nice and clean - got a little warm overnight with 8 people in the room but that's just back-packing, Beautiful old building, great location and good value for money for a quick stopover

We made bookings for 2 nights through 2 different transactions, however they failed to inform us that we were going to move rooms so they took all our stuff without any consent or heads up. Our packs and items were poorly transported/taken care of. There's also no lockers for your packs so my adapter and charger were stolen along with my food. The second night our new room we moved into was overbooked leaving one of us without a bed. Luckily the staff was nice and upgraded us to a 2 bed private.

• 4th Feb 2015

There's basically no oxygen in this hostel. The further up you go inside the building the harder it is to breathe. The hostel was ok, nothing special.

There was a serious lack of fresh air in the dorm room, as there was only one small window opening that ventilated too little. The breakfast pancakes were awesome!

This hostel is a great fit for a short stay: situated right in the heart of Wellington, it takes 5 minutes to get to the waterfront, restaurants/bars, and all fun stuff in town. For this reason it might also be quite loud outside at night. Rooms aren't very spacious, but clean and pretty nice altogether. Everyone at the reception was really friendly and helpful. The only thing that sort of threw me off is the number of senior tour groups staying there (so not exactly a backpacker kind of vibe).