Nomads Capital Backpackers Reviews

118 Wakefield Street, PO Box 11-247, Wellington, New Zealand

Very good downtown location near Cuba But I don't like their fundamentalist attitude to alcohol. You can buy all you want in their bar, but they can thryou out without refund, if you bring a botle of wine from the supermarked to your room.

Located in the centre of the city, can be a little noisy at night due to music from the Blend bar next door. This does however stop at midnight. Staff great and very helpful, room good size (4x female dorm with ensuite) and clean. Free tea and coffee was a bonus. Wifi is not free, but only $4 for 24 hours. If you're in Wellington to enjoy the city life, this is a great place to stay!

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review and really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a great team here so will be sure to pass on your comments to them and hope we will see you back in Wellington again in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager.

Extremely nice hostel. Great facilities, clean, modern, excellent location. But it is a big hostel and it is more difficult to connect with people and make friends in larger hostels than it is in smaller ones

Long term people in the room just made the room dirty and messy. Too many long terms in the hostel. Free dinner is nice.

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm sorry to hear that there were parts of your stay that you weren't happy with. We don't advertise ourselves a long term hostel as often don't have high availability but I'm sorry that the other guest in your room made things messy. If you had spoken to our Reception team we would have happily offered you a different room. I hope it didn't affect your stay too much and that we might see you again. Kate, Hostel Manager.

Standard hostel without any real stand out features. Again with the poorly constructed iron frame beds.

Hi there, thanks very much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm sorry to hear that you didn't think anything stood out about your stay with us, we work really hard to make sure all our guests enjoy their stay so hope that you might come back and give us another try sometime in the future. Enjoy the rest of your travels. Kate, Hostel Manager.

Top hostel. Free pancakes and small dinner at night. Good location and staff helpful.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we'll see you back in Wellington again in the future! Kate, Hostel Manager.

Clean rooms with firm bunkbeds. It is a dry hostel which makes it a little more difficult to hang around and meet people (you are kinda forced to go to the bar next door if you want to have a drink). Too bad they don't organize activities in the hostel to interact more with fellow travellers

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have been doing organised activities in the bar around 3 times a week for a while but great news, we are now doing daytime activities as well which, as you say, is a great way to meet fellow travellers. Hope to see you back in Wellington in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager.

Very good all round hostel in a beautiful historic building.

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review on your recent stay with us and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here as well as our lovely building. Hope to see you back in Wellington again in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager.

It's all about the make your own pancake breakfast! So good. But it takes forever to get to make them, everyone lines up and waits around the kitchen. Otherwise having to pay for internet sucks, but the bathrooms were clean. The lockers in the room were so small though. It's a stop on the Stray bus route, just so you're aware. Great location and helpful staff for what to do in Wellington. Also they let you store your bag for the day.

Hey Kristen! So glad you enjoyed the pancakes! It's a relatively new thing for us and we are really pleased they are going down well! We hope to see you in Wellington again soon some time. Thanks! Lisa Reception Manager.

Unfortunately, the only night I stayed in Wellington was a Saturday night and I wasn't about going out... But so did all the others. In my dorm were no other travellers but only people that wanted to have a good party and a bed to fall into when drunk. The bunk beds were very loud and the person above me didn't have a calm sleep so didn't have I - at all. Actually that ruined my stay at Nomads, but the room itself was nice, and if you're not vegetarian is the free dinner good as well. pancakes!

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm sorry you didn't have the relaxing stay you would have liked because of the other guests in your room. Did you speak with anyone on Reception at all? They would have been more than happy to move you to another room so you could have had a more comfortable night's sleep. I'm glad you enjoyed the room though as well as our fantastic pancakes! Hope to see you back in Wellington in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager

Amazing friendly staff and free breakfast :) close to All the night spots and walking distance to all tourist attractions :)

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have an awesome team here so I'll be sure to pass your comments onto them. Also glad you enjoyed the fantastic free pancakes, they are becoming very popular! Hope to see you back in Wellington again in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager.

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very helpful in planning my stay in Wellington. The hostel has an excellent kitchen for guests, and the make your own pancake breakfasts were great. The only issues were: The beds were noisy if you moved and not particularly comfortable. No drinking your own alcohol on the premises. Poorly managed integration with the bar next door, they seemed to be catering to drinking tours rather then the guests.

Hi there, thanks very much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a great team so I'm glad to hear that they were so helpful. I'm sorry you didn't find the beds too comfortable, we've actually just completed an upgrade on almost all of our beds including the room that you were in so hopefully you will get to come back and experience the new ones next time you are in Wellington. Kate, Hostel Manager.

Great hostel! Stayed here for 5 nights in a very spacious and clean 10 bed dorm. Crucially, there were small lockers and plenty of plug points. Bathrooms were also kept clean and tidy. The staff were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. The free tea, coffee, breakfast pancakes and dinner were fantastic - it's these little things that make the difference. I would recommend this hostel without hesitation.

• 8th Sep 2014

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a great team here so I'll be sure to pass your comments onto them and I'm really glad you enjoyed the freebies that we offer, having travelled ourselves we know how nice it is to have someone cook for you every now and again and having those extra things to help you save your money! Hope to see you back in Wellington again. Kate, Hostel Manager.

Room as super cold and a little noisy as the window was ajar and we couldn't shut it. One thin blanket per bed wasn't enough for Windy Wellington in our room!

Hi there, thanks very much for leaving your review on your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you found your room cold we do have duvets on each bed and a heater in each room but also offer extra blankets and hot water bottles for those colder nights so I hope you were able to take advantage of these. I was not aware of an issue with the window but will make sure it is checked ASAP. I hope this didn't affect your stay too much. Kate, Hostel Manager.

1 2 Next » last »