Nomads Capital Backpackers Reviews

118 Wakefield Street, PO Box 11-247, Wellington, New Zealand

Very tall squeaky bunk beds. Decent sized rooms with small lockers. Shelf to put your soap in the shower! Ok snack sized meals can be doubled for $2.

Hi there, thanks very much for taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Now the busy Summer period is nearing an end I will be replacing many of the bunks so should certainly alleviate those issues. I'm glad you took advantage of the free meal in our onsite bar too, always nice to have a meal cooked for you when you're away! Hope to see you back in Wellington again in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager

Nice free dinner at the bar downstairs.

Had a decent stay at nomads. Chain hostels are predictable and not always the greatest but nomads was pretty good. No free wifi and the beds should really be replaced. Every time you moved a muscle on them they were so loud. The location of the hostel couldn't be any better though. Also know, which they don't tell you in the directions, that you can take a bus from the airport which is 9 NZD rather than the ridiculous shuttle or taxi they recommend. It's about a block from the Cuba st stop.

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I understand your point with the beds and these are in the process of being upgraded, unfortunately it isn't a quick process especially at this time of year but we are rolling through with new beds. Thank you for mentioning the airport bus, this is what we usually recommend to guests and has now been added to the website. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and that we see you again in the future.

The stay was really nice especially I enjoyed the daily light imbiss because in the bar you get to know so many new people. Furthermore the rooms are very good.

Hi there, thanks very much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us. I'm really glad that you were able to take advantage of the free meal in our bar and that you met some new friends. I'm really happy to hear that you were impressed with the rooms, we have a great team looking after them so I will certainly pass your comments on. Hope to see you again if you are back in Wellington in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager.

Staff very helpful especially when we had a unwelcome guest in the middle of the night. Sorted the problem very swiftly and even gave a refund for the inconvenience. Decent facilities. We were even able to use them after check out. Would recommend, the staff make this place. Also free dinner next door (v.small portion) nice. Worth $2 extra for bigger portion.

No free wifi !!! :( Update !

Directly connected to the bar next door thats where they want you to go and I think thats where the atmosphere is. Nothing wrong with that, its your choice if you want to hang out there or not. The facilities are OK bur the kitchen area a bit small considering the numbers of guests.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry you found the kitchen a little small, we have been working on expanding it recently as well as creating more eating space both inside and out. We also provide a free meal in our bar each evening which we tend to find eases the congestion a little. We love to have our guests in the bar but do appreciate how awesome the rest of Wellington is though so understand that you will be keen to explore other places.

Great location! Just a short bus ride from the intercity bus/train station and it only cost $2 to boot! Just around the corner from a plethora of bars, clubs, cafés and restaurants (both fancy and fast food) . Te Papa museum, the beautiful harbour and picturesque Mt Victoria are within walking distance too! The rooms were a big problem though! They were really untidy and dirty (the fault of guests mainly) and super hot (it was only 18 degrees outside as well) - A/C is needed!

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed our great location. I'm sorry to hear that your room was untidy, we do have a great housekeeping team who work hard to keep the place clean and we do encourage people to keep their things tidy so I'm sorry this wasn't the case during your stay. I'm sorry that the room was hot as well, we are currently having fans installed in all large dorms so hope this will help to keep them nice and cool.

Location is great but dorm beds need replacing as some dont even stand up straight and make a ridiculous amount of noise if a slight movement is made. Also room was very warm and not a single fan. Evening meal was decent.

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry that you weren't happy with your room. We are currently in the process of replacing bunk beds and although I appreciate this doesn't help you now we are aware of the situation and working towards a solution. We have also started installing fans in all large dorms today as the rooms are getting warmer as the weather gets better and plan to have this completed over the next few weeks which should make it much easier to get a good nights sleep.

Highlights of my stay: very friendly staff, nice fun atmosphere and value for money (free coffee and meal). Add free wifi and it'd be my favorite backpackers ever!

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

Hi there, thank you for your review and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We have a great team here so I'm really glad to hear that you found them so friendly. We're really happy that we are able to offer the free meal, who doesn't love having someone else cook for them when they're travelling, and having it brought to your table in the bar too makes it a bit of a treat! I really hope you will come and stay with us again if you are back in Wellington in the future.

my stay was great, i was upgraded to a 4 bed private ensuite room. it was clean and spacious. there is lots to do in the area

Very cosy beds, the room was friendly and clean, as well as the bathroom. Very nice staff! Good area, I really recommend this hostel!

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a great team that work really hard to keep the rooms cleaned to a high standard so I'll definitely pass your comments onto them. I'll also pass on your feedback on the reception staff, they are awesome and I'm so happy that they have made a difference to your stay. I hope we will see you in Wellington again. Kate, Nomads Capital Manager.

Nothing to complain, perfect place to stay in Wellington!

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much. I will be more than happy to pass your comments onto all of the awesome team here who all work hard to make sure everyone enjoys their stay. Really hope that you will come back and stay with again if you are back in Wonderful Wellington in the future! Kate, Hostel Manager

Good location and clean rooms

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us at Nomads Capital. We're very lucky with our location right in the centre of the city and with Wellington being so easy to get around in it's the perfect spot from which to explore! I will be sure to pass on your feedback about the cleanliness of our rooms to our Housekeeping team, they work incredibly hard and do a great job. Hope to see you again in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager

1 2 Next » last »