Nomads Capital Backpackers Reviews

118 Wakefield Street, PO Box 11-247, Wellington, New Zealand

Really nice stay at this hostel. Stayed there two times but the second time most of the lockers inside the rooms were broken - so i could not leave my belongings in a safe place. Apart from that, all good.

Very good hostel

I would have loved if my room was at a reduced price because it was a friday night and my dorm was on the street side. I wasnt able to sleep due to the noise and dont think my stay was worth my money

Thank you for your email. We try to be as affordable in price as possible especially with what is included within the rate. When there is loud noise we offer free ear plugs at reception. We would love to see you here again. Cody - Assistant Manager.

Nice facilities. The free pancakes and dinner is a great add on. Beds were a bit squeaky but facilities are clean. Front end staff is a bit cliquey and chatty. Housekeeping appeared friendly and secure.

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed our facilities and our free meals. We are working on changing our bunk beds, almost there. Our staff try to make the atmosphere as easy going as possible and always chat to each other and the guests. Glad to hear you thought our housekeeping team were friendly. We would love to see you here again soon.

There was a school group of approx 30 children staying whilst we were there. At breakfast they took all available utensils and it felt a bit like backpackers were second class to that group, for that reason I score poor for atmosphere. I scored value for money as average as I do know that the rate we paid was in line with average Wellington prices but it felt expensive for what we got (29-33$ for 6 bed mixed). The kitchen was often randomly closed for cleaning.

• 18th Oct 2015

Thank you for your review. We are changing the way we organize groups staying with us by keeping them separate from normal backpackers having them in the bar for breakfast instead. We are very competitive in pricing and often look at what other hostels are charging in the area to make it affordable. We close the kitchen for half an hour after every peak time to ensure it stays clean. We would love to see you back here again. Cody - Assistant Manager

We weren't there long enough to say much more than it was clean and decent value for money. Bunk beds were laid out weird and it was hard to move between them, double panes on windows would have been nice to keep bar noise out.

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, the hostel was clean and affordable. We are currently changing out configurations of some of the rooms. As the hostel is in a heritage building it is very hard for use to upgrade the windows, we do however offer free earplugs. We would love to see you here again soon. Cody - Assistant Manager

Kitchen too small for the capacity of the Hostel. Noisy, because location, and thin walls. Best, and only out standing thing, the free dinner at next door bar.

Thank you for your review. As we organize the free dinner in our on site bar and offer the free pancakes, the kitchen is the perfect size for a hostel of this size. We offer free earplugs at the reception for any outside noise. We would love to see you again.

My room was right above the bar and they were playing loud music but they turned it right down early in the evening so it was not an issue. Front staff was very friendly and the free breakfast/dinner was a great bonus.

Hi, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear our staff were friendly and you enjoyed the free meals during your stay. We take the comfort of our guests seriously and will always make sure the music is turned down by a suitable time. We hope to see you again soon. Cody Craddock Assitant Manager

A very good hostel. Would definitely stay here again.

Hi Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again here soon! Cody Craddock Assistant Manager

Free Pancakes every morning between 7:00 and 9:00. In the evening free meal in the bar next door between 5:30 and 6:30. You have to pay for the Wifi (12$ for a week/4$ for 24h). Nice and helpful staff. Top Location. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who stays in Wellington for a couple of days.

Hi Happy to hear you enjoyed our free breakfast and free dinner. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you here again soon. LG Cody Craddock Assistant Manager

Absolutely awesome experience! All staff & the visitors I shared the mixed room with were wonderfully friendly. Had a GREAT time staying there! This is my second time staying at Waterloo and both occasions have been very enjoyable experiences. I would definitely recommend to others. When I return to Wgtn I will certainly book into Waterloo again. Blessings to all her staff and visitors.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you very much for your review. Great to hear you had an awesome time staying with us here at Nomads Capital. We would definitely love to see you here again soon. Cody - Assistant Manager.

The staff at the reception was very helpful. It is well situated close to the main street of Wellington. The free pancakes in the morning and the free nachos in the evening at the bar next door are a good plus, the paying Wi-Fi a minus. There was only one kitchen in the whole backpacker, I'm fortunate that it wasn't in a peak season.

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff were helpful. The free meals are always ideal. WiFi is not free, but is offered at an affordable price. For the size of our hostel the kitchen is the right size to accommodate this. Having our onsite bar organizing the free meals is a plus for this also. We would love to see you again here soon. Cody - Assistant Manager.

The staff were sooooo helpful and thoughtful, made such a difference when trying to navigate a new city. Perfect location, really clean and cozy and great for meeting people. The pancakes in the morning were decent and free dinner every single night was a budget saver and a great way to chill and chat with other hostel stayers. Definitely recommended

Thank you for your review. We will always try to go out of our way to help you navigate our cool little capital city. Glad you enjoyed the location, cleanliness, and atmosphere. Free meals are ideal and the perfect way to get chatting with new people. We would love to see you again here soon. Cody - Assistant Manager

Great team of people at the hostel. They are always cleaning and mindful of the guests here. Love it.

Thank you for your email. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to make your stay as mellow as possible. We would love to see you again here soon. Cody - Assistant Manager.

Only stayed here the night so can't fully review but it seemed an ok hostel. The beds were terribly noisy because the liners and creaking frames, not the best sleep as a result. Free pancakes was a surprise but get down early to beat crowds!

Thank you for your review. We are a really chill hostel, a shame you didn't get to stay longer, would be great to see you again soon. We are currently upgrading all our old bunks and just have a few left to finalize. Free pancakes are always ideal, come back and try our free dinners! Cody - Assistant Manager.

Great place to stay in Wellington, I stayed here when I went to the south island and when I came back. Great location near Cuba St., the waterfront, Te Papa, and downtown area. The free breakfast and dinner is great and makes meeting everyone really easy. The staff were great and seemed to all be fellow travelers as well. Parking at the nearby hotel is great, if you get in early you can park your car for NZ$15 and NZ$10 overnight.

Thank you for your review. Very glad to hear had a great stay and enjoyed the meals. Our think our staff are great too. We would love to see you again here soon. Cody - Assistant Manager.

The girls on the staff were very nice, kind and helpful; the only bad thing we had was on our last day, we stored our luggage after the check out and went out to do personal things at the bank, in two occasions we needed some things that were in our luggage so had to ask for the key in different times during the day and the man who was in the reception had a bad attitude when giving the key (as if we were stealing things from others) he even asked me why i needed the key so many times.

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you had a great time with us and enjoyed some of our staff. In the luggage room case, we are only being wary about this for you and your belongings security because of how many people are going in and out of the luggage room. We would love to see you here again. Cody - Assistant Manager.

It was an exceptional hostel! The staff were brilliant and full of smiles. The general atmosphere was immense. So much fun. Definitely made me want to come back and be apart of the team.

• 26th Aug 2015

Thank you for your review. Great to here how superb you thought our hostel is. We love the atmosphere here too. We would love for you to be apart of our team where available and would definitely love to see you here again. Cody - Assistant Manager.

This hostel was amazing! The free breakfast and dinners were delicious, the staff were great, the beds were comfortable, everything was clean, and I met some awesome people here. I had so much fun in Wellington and a lot of that started with my positive experience at Nomads. You would be a fool not to go there.

Yay! Thank you for your review. Glad you thought our hostel was amazing and the meals delicious. We would definitely love to see you again here soon. Cody - Assistant Manager.

Rubbish was left in the room for 3 days. Overall great place though!

1 2 3 Next » last »