Nomads Capital Backpackers Reviews

118 Wakefield Street, PO Box 11-247, Wellington, New Zealand

it's very convenient in town and you can walk around the wharf in several minutes. Staff are nice and the place is pretty clean.

The free dinner is not really good enough even with the NZD $ 2 upgrade.

Just a good location, nothing crazy about this place, except maybe the pancakes for breakfast, that's pretty cool.

Very good location close to everything. Our first night we're placed in room that's designated for tour groups which apparently was a mistake, ended up having a bad night listening to the loud music playing from the pub underneath. After complaining about the bad night to staff, we're accommodated and put in a quieter room also refunded the night for their mistake. Staff are friendly and hostel is clean however I was disappointed with how small the kitchen is.

Had to queue for over an hour just to check in. Enough said.

Great location across from the I-site and close to Te Papa Museum and Harbour. They give you free pancakes and a small dinner which you can upgrade for $2. The only thing lacking was the amount of bathrooms. Many people sharing a couple bathrooms each floor. Also, kitchen is small and difficult to find utensils. Overall, perfect place to stay short term.

Great hostel to stay in. In the middle of town.

The music from the hostel bar was unbearably loud in the first floor. The floor was vibrating and even earplugs did not help. When people were very noisy in the common area the personnel joined them rather than calming them down. Backpackers not with Stray or another "fun company" will feel a little lonely as mostly those groups come to the nomads. The groups were already formed and did not let some outsiders in. We were just not cool enough... Free food is great and the facilities we alright!

This was a nice hostel to stay in although I was only there for one night. The staff were helpful and there was even the opportunity to have pancakes for breakfast and a free light dinner in the evening. It is within easy walking distance of the city centre. Overall I would recommend this hostel.

• 10th Feb 2015

I really like the Nomads branch as everything is spot on. Only problem with this one was the kitchen was tiny and the noise was ongoing throughout the night as I had a front room

I only had a one night stop-over so didn't hang out in the kitchen or common areas much, rooms were nice and clean - got a little warm overnight with 8 people in the room but that's just back-packing, Beautiful old building, great location and good value for money for a quick stopover

We made bookings for 2 nights through 2 different transactions, however they failed to inform us that we were going to move rooms so they took all our stuff without any consent or heads up. Our packs and items were poorly transported/taken care of. There's also no lockers for your packs so my adapter and charger were stolen along with my food. The second night our new room we moved into was overbooked leaving one of us without a bed. Luckily the staff was nice and upgraded us to a 2 bed private.

• 4th Feb 2015

There's basically no oxygen in this hostel. The further up you go inside the building the harder it is to breathe. The hostel was ok, nothing special.

There was a serious lack of fresh air in the dorm room, as there was only one small window opening that ventilated too little. The breakfast pancakes were awesome!

This hostel is a great fit for a short stay: situated right in the heart of Wellington, it takes 5 minutes to get to the waterfront, restaurants/bars, and all fun stuff in town. For this reason it might also be quite loud outside at night. Rooms aren't very spacious, but clean and pretty nice altogether. Everyone at the reception was really friendly and helpful. The only thing that sort of threw me off is the number of senior tour groups staying there (so not exactly a backpacker kind of vibe).

It is super loud and I wasn't able to sleep as the music from the bar next door continues to whee hours. The two rooms I stayed were tiny, but clean. Kitchen is a mess, too small for the amount of people using it, always short of dry tea towels, which gets annoying.

I stayed in a double room which turned out to be a twin with a double bed, score! Room was light and airy, ensuite bathroom was nice aswell. The free snack sized meal is a nice touch too, worth upgrading if you're feeling hungry! 2 bucks for dinner, shouldn't be sniffed at! If your room is situated over the courtyard, take earplugs. It was loud til about midnight on a Sunday with the windows open (it's summer, so obvs!), I imagine it's louder on Friday/Saturday nights. P.S. get a better elevator

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We did have an issue with the lift breaking down for a while on Sunday so apologies if that caused any inconvenience to you, thankfully we were able to have it back up and running again soon. Hope to see you back in Wellington again in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager

Free Pancakes and 2$ Dinner are nice, and in the 3rd floor its not so noisy, even if the others are partying all night :) Bathrooms are small, but ok. Best of the Hostel is the location and the i-SITE is just across the street!

Hi, thank you for your comments. It is good to see that you enjoyed your stay. we are very lucky to be located in the heart of Wellington CBD. It is good to see that you enjoyed our free meals and that the late night partiers did not keep you awake. We hope to see you back in the Capital in the future. Saoirse, Hostel Manager

No free wifi, issues with shower drainage, quite a few disrespectful and loud guests. Overall the hostel was ok but the other guests were mediocre.

Hi there, thanks very much for taking the time to leave your review. I'm sorry that you experienced some issues with other guests, this is not normally the case and I'm sorry that they affected your stay with us. I hope you spoke with the Reception team as they would have been more than happy to help or offer another room if this would have helped. I hope it didn't affect your stay too much and that we will see you again in the future. Kate, Hostel Manager

As with most nomads, has pretty much everything you need. Even lockers in the room. Doesn't have free wifi, again as with nomads. Free morning pancakes, free meal (needs $2 upgrade for real meal portion). Excellent location, in city heart. And close to port area and train station/bus depot.

Hi there, thank you for your comments. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. As the team have all backpacked themselves we make a conscious effort to provide as much of what travelers need as is possible. We hope you make it back to Wellington in the future. Saoirse, Hostel manager