Nomads Capital Backpackers Reviews

118 Wakefield Street, PO Box 11-247, Wellington, New Zealand

Good points are the location and the rooms themselves. Couple of annoyances with this hostel that really let it down though: bathrooms never really seemed clean (the one on my floor had stains around it for days), not enough pots and pans in the kitchen - yes I know you get the free meal but sometimes it's nice to cook for yourself...also my key card stopped working on the morning I was leaving which was quite frustrating especially when I was in a rush to leave. Probably wouldn't stay again.

Thanks for leaving your feedback and I'm glad you were impressed with the location and our lovely rooms. I'm sorry you found the bathrooms unclean, we have a team that work throughout the day to make sure these are clean so I will check with them as to what has happened. I will also check on stock in the kitchen, we recently replaced a lot of the pans but I will ensure that there are plenty in there. I really hope you will change your mind and stay with us again. Nomads Capital Team

travel companion badly sprained her ankle tripping on the uneven flooring between the hall and the stairwell but staff were helpful and changed rooms to give her a lower bunk

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your friend hurt her ankle here I will make sure that the flooring is checked straight away. We have a great team here so I'm glad to hear that they were helpful and looked after you both and I hope you will stay with us again if you are back in Wellington in the future. The Nomads Capital Team

Awesome bar next door, upgraded to a smaller ensuite dorm when I arrived, good facilities, fast WiFi (though you've got to typically pay). Awesome location!

Hi There! Thanks so much for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We're happy to have you back any time. Kind Regards, Nomads Crew

Good and clean but not really the kind of hostel I was looking for, I enjoy smaller backpackers where you can meet people more easily

Hi There, Thanks so much for taking time to write a review. We hope you enjoyed your stay here and hope you were able to meet some people in our communal area and awesome bar next door. We hope to see you again some time. Thanks, Nomads Crew.

Nice place. 'Dry' hostel! The reasons for this rule they advertise are OK except they missed the one major reason...For the bar next door to make as much money as possible! Wellington is nice.

Everything you expect from a top notch group like Nomads. Brilliant location near to Te Papa, Cuba St, bars, the cable car etc. Solid enough bar next door where you get decent resident beer prices and the standard free food.

There was an alcohol ban, which meant we had to drink all our booze in the room on the sly.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel, we hope you enjoyed your stay here. Nomads Capital is a dry hostel as legally, the bar is the only licensed area on the premises. We also enforce this rule out of respect for fellow travelers to ensure a quiet nights sleep for those that want it. We hope this didn't effect your stay too much. Thanks, Nomads Crew.

The location is perfect, in the center of the downtown Wellington, you can walk to all the attractions in the downtown. but the problem is the kitchen is too small, not suit for all the people who live there. but the room is not bad. Even in the 10 bed dorm, you still have enough space for all the person. you can park your car in front of the backpacker between 6pm-8am.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • China

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate that there is limited space in the kitchen, this is why we offer a free nightly snack sized meal in our awesome bar next door. We hope you come and stay with us again some time. Thanks, Nomads Crew.

Quite close to the train station and very close to shops/cafes etc. Good facilities, the food in the bar is pretty good and its nice to have a bar practically on site!

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're lucky to be in such a great location and easy walking distance to everything so glad you made the most of that! I will pass on your comments to our Chef and bar staff, they work really hard so always good to have some good feedback for them and yes having our own bar onsite is a great bonus! Hope to see you again if you are back in Wellington.

Worst hostel I've been to,staff unfriendly,facilities and rooms very very small.horrorful loud up to 3 in morning,could not get any sleep. To expensive.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. I am very surprised to hear that you found the staff unfriendly as this is not something I often hear. I can see that you were in a room above the bar, I can assure you that the staff would have been happy to move you to another room if one was available. Did you speak to them about it? I am very concerned about this so I will contact you directly for further information.

Great central location, friendly staff and nice and clean. The beds were a bit squeaky.

Hi there, thanks very much for your feedback. We're really lucky with our location being right in the centre of town so it makes getting around really easy. Great to hear your comments about the staff too, they are an awesome team so I will pass them on. I completely understand about the beds, you are right and we are working on a process of replacing them at the moment. Hopefully you will be back in Wellington again and can come and stay with us.

The hostel itself was very clean and relaxing. My only complaint was my room mates were pigs and left day old food all over the room and were incredibly loud when they came stumbling in at 3 in the morning. The hostel is in a good location close to downtown and the bars/clubs.

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm glad you found our hostel clean and relaxing. I'm sorry to hear you were disturbed by your room mates and I hope it didn't affect your stay too much. i know it's a little awkward but please feel free to let us know about things like this so that we can move you to another room and resolve the situation. Hope to see you if you are back in Wellington again in the future.

Had a good stay, would have liked to stay longer.

Hi there, thanks very much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us and I'm glad you enjoyed your it. Always great to hear someone say they would have liked to have stayed longer so I hope you get back to see us again in the future!

Tres bon hotel, tres securise, et ou l'on peut profiter d'un petit encas gratuit le soir dans le bar d'un cote ainsi que des prix sur les boissons (5 dollar la biere). Je recommande !

Cool hostel and excellent location. The only problems were the kitchen was TINY and also very high and creaky beds! Apart from this everything else was great.

Hi there, thanks for your feedback and really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate that our kitchen is a little on the small side but we do offer the free meal in the bar each evening which does relieve the congestion especially at busy times. Hope you were able to take advantage of that. I'm sorry you found the beds creaky but the good news is we are in the process of having them replaced so hopefully you can come back and see us in the future and stay in our awesome new beds!

There seems to be lots of rules at the nomads hostels. Not much atmosphere but good location and very helpful staff. I guess the atmosphere is all in the pub next door, but theres heaps better bars to visit in Wellington...

Hi there, thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed our great location and awesome staff. I'm sorry you seem to feel our rules are a bad thing. We think that we're a pretty cool place to stay but we do ask that our guests respect the hostel and each other so we do have a few policies in we think make the place an enjoyable and safe place to be. If there are things that you're unhappy with while you're here our staff always welcome feedback and will always do what we can to help.

Here on a working holiday visa, I just had the best time ever in Nomads. Great atmosphere with all fellow travelers, safe and clean building, great fun at the Blend bar (owned by the hostel). Staff was amazing, always friendly, helpful and offering you the best deals and travel advice. Best backpacker in town !! Huge thanks to all the staff that made my stay memorable: the manager Kate, Steph, Lisa, Sarah, Aline, Max, Liam, Rik and Rica from reception, and Jack, Matt and Sam from Blend!!

Great hostel for those who want to be in the centre of Wellington. Great bar with food for reasonable prices. Rooms were a little snug for 4 people's stuff as there isn't much shelving/hanging space.

Everything was great, except I really wish the heater hadn't been on a 30 minute timer - we kept having to turn it back on again or risk freezing.

• 21st Jun 2013

Hi there, thanks so much for your review, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It has got pretty cold in Wellington at the moment so it's great having the heaters in the rooms but I can appreciate that the timer can be a little inconvenient. We are keen for them to be on a timer or they often get left on but I will look into whether we can change the amount of time. We also have plenty of blankets and hot water bottles to keep guests cosy so always let us know if you're cold.

Generally I thought he hostel was great! The room I was in was very smelly and the shower curtain was too small for the cubicle so you ended up getting everything wet on the floor as there was nowhere to put your clothes. 1st night I slept in the top bunk and boy was it hard getting up on the beds...the ladders are really painful to climb. 2nd night I was on the bottom bunk, no night light to use so had to keep the main light on. Good bar, great staff but you have to pay for Internet?!!

• 17th Jun 2013

Hi there, thanks for leaving your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry you had these issues with the shower, some of our curtains have shrunk up over time and we are currently replacing a lot of them. The night lights would be a good idea so perhaps something we could look at going forward. I'm glad you found the staff great though, we do have an awesome team here and we're also pretty proud of having our own bar on site so I'm glad you got to take advantage of that.