Nomads Esplanade Reviews

93 The Esplanade, Cairns, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I stayed in an eight person ensuite room. Air conditioning is coin operated. I found all the mattresses old enough to be misshapen and bare, the springs and supports stuck out considerably. All the elements in the kitchen worked, which is nice! But overall the hostel was dingy and not very satisfying, too many globbed on layers of paint and neglect in general. However the staff are amazingly helpful and informative, after desk hours too! Personally I would not recommend this hotel.

• 11th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I stayed so far in Australia.When walking in, you have the impression of coming home. The Location could not be better - nearly on the beach, swimming lagoona and Party-facilities as well as free WiFi from local tourguides etc accessible - even in the Hostel itself. Just ask one of the superfriendly staff. Pancakes on sunday,each night there is something to do, movie-nights, party-nights etc. the atmosphere is always brilliant and if you need peace just close the door.

I never stayed here, but the staff was kind enough not to charge me for my stay when there was a SNAFU with my flight. Thanks :)

No internet facilities. Air con didn't work and it was midsummer. Horrendously hot in our room. The location is right at the lagoon, the kitchen was pretty good and the guy on front desk is friendly though so it's an alright place overall.