Nomads Esplanade Reviews

93 The Esplanade, Cairns, Cairns, Australia

Worst hostel I've stayed in. Checked out before I was originally planning. Absolutely disgusting room full of dirt and rubbish. Loud generator or something outside the window as well but the main issue was the lack of basic cleanliness. Do not stay here. My rating appears high because of the location and staff were ok.

Great location but rest of the hostel rundown.

Room was a disaster and smelt funny. The room had a communal kitchen which could have been a luxury but it was filthy. I didn't even have proper bed linens. Not impressed at all.

I stayed in an eight person ensuite room. Air conditioning is coin operated. I found all the mattresses old enough to be misshapen and bare, the springs and supports stuck out considerably. All the elements in the kitchen worked, which is nice! But overall the hostel was dingy and not very satisfying, too many globbed on layers of paint and neglect in general. However the staff are amazingly helpful and informative, after desk hours too! Personally I would not recommend this hotel.

• 11th Mar 2014