Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Reviews

38 Fort Street, Downtown, Auckland, New Zealand

Why do you not have includet Towels and why are the windows in the rooms not to close. Its very loud there.

Stayed here for two nights on two separate occasions. Room was very hot with no fan and when we arrived at 8pm the rooms were not made up from the people the night before. The second time we stayed the key system was broken so we had to leave the door open all night. Nonetheless, it was cheap and cheerful and I would stay here again as the location is good.

• 9th Apr 2015

Did not enjoy the stay at all. The staff did nothing at all to make guests feel welcome. The room was filthy. No powerpoints worked. Shower was always wet because the door was broken. The lockable cupboards were all broken. The fridge was a mess and due to not having any shelves, food was left to accumulate on the bottom together. I would have given this hostel less but I assume it got some points for its location, which was pretty good. Going back to Auckland soon but never will I go here again

We stayed in the budget room - so you definitely get what you pay for, with no windows or air ventilation. Thankfully there was a fan in the room to circulate air at night. We were quite concerned our room was left wide open two nights in a row, despite being the only ones in there. The staff weren't able to give us a reasonable explanation. Thankfully nothing was stolen, but definitely concerning as it happened twice. For $20/night it was what we were after, but we likely wouldn't stay again.

Good Points - Most staff were very helpful and kind. Location is a 2 minute walk to Queen street which is perfect. Atmosphere is pretty standard for a hostel. Bad Points - Lockers in my room had been smashed, so the door key falling off the hinges, forcing me to carry my laptop and camera everywhere. Whole building feels completely out dated and smells pretty rancid in parts. Single fridge to share between a whole floor of people. Smells of rotten food too Not worth $25 per night

• 29th Mar 2015

Possibly the worst sleep I have ever had in a hostel. The noise from the bar downstairs is ridiculous. Everyone congregates, drinking in common areas outside the rooms before and after visiting the bar meaning more noise. There were no lockers and the room, kitchen and bathrooms were dirty. Positives: free dinner.

Great hostel. Really friendly staff. Located just down the street from an airport shuttle bus stop! We enjoyed our stay and would return.

For that price in the center of auckland its perfect, had a bed in a doorm without windows Best price in auckland :-) But dont expect too much

• 12th Mar 2015

Decent hostel with nice staff.

I'vee been in this hostel before, but this time I found it in bad conditions

It's not too bad just in the bed room so hot the air can't go in side this room

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

the staff and location were great. we stayed in a private room in one of the apartment, there was a very unpleasant smell in the apartment during the whole stay, the bed in the room was bent and crooked and very uncomfortable, the wifi should be free, sleeping wasn't easy either with the bar playing music full volume until 2-3 in the morning

Really cool hostel. Amazing staff and super close to the waterfront and the main street in Auckland, but I still think they should provide free wifi.

It's a decent hostel for someone who is just looking for a basic place to sleep. Ear plugs are a must, as the neighbourhood is rather noisy - that's the price you pay for such a prime location, though! Rooms are quite small, especially that the lockers provided are very slim and won't store your backpack. Shower facilities and the kitchen are passable, but could do with an upgrade. I really liked the complimentary food, it was always very tasty!

It's a decent hostel for someone who is just looking for a place to sleep. Rooms are very basic but generally clean, shower facilities and the kitchen are passable, but could do with an upgrade. I really liked the complimentary food, which was always yummy (and came for free). Location of the hostel is great and staff is friendly.

The only good thing is the free dinner. Bar is empty every day, things are old and smells bad.

With the bar down stairs it's good fun going out but impeding to sleep when you are not

You had to scan in several times to get to your room, which made me feel secure, but the lockers in the room were broken.

• 9th Feb 2015

No window or fan, but staff was amazing!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

very loud hostel with music playing all through the night. the key cards do not really work they way they should and have to be exchanged pretty much several times a day. staff seems 'too cool' to be nice and generally is the hostel far too big to be a nice place up stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3