Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Reviews

38 Fort Street, Downtown, Auckland, New Zealand

Great value for money. I would stay here again anytime

I loved this hostel. The common room is awesome and I love that reception is 24 hours. The separate apartments are really cool and a good idea.

Nice stay in a good location with friendly staff. Thanks!

Bed Bugs; absolutely awful showers; 1 bathroom for 16 people; luggage room unsecure

Hi Benny, Thanks for placing feedback on your stay and we are devastated it did not live up to your expectations. We have had no bed bug issues at all in the room you were staying in and nothing was reported at the time or since? Our housekeeping manager has had a look through this room today and found no trace? Perhaps it was mosquitos or another type of bug? There are also bathrooms on every stairwell and I hope the staff made you aware of this.Our luggage room is locked and on the 1st floor

No air conditioning. Room too warm to comfortably be in. No fans in bathrooms either, so very uncomfortable after a shower. Two lockers with broken space for a lock. Basic, workable, friendly staff, worth it given the price.

I liked the apartment style layout of this hostel where there are 3-4 rooms with 2 bunks sharing a living room, kitchen with big fridge, 2 showers and 2 toilets. I think there were 2 apartments per floor. The guy at the front desk was really lively and welcoming. Didn't visit the bar but it looked decent with cheap drinks deals and a free food taster every night. Bathroom could have been slight cleaner. Great location! I stayed in 3 hostels while in Auckland and this way by far the best!

I would only recommend this hostel for a short overnight stay in order to catch your bus, or for having a great night out in the city centre. The hostel has its own bar and is surrounded by bars which makes it very noisy until 3am.

This is the best value for money hostel in downtown Auckland and it gets booked out pretty fast. The hostel is unique that it is actually an apartment and inside the apartment separate rooms house separate dorm. There is two common area, one is at the living room outside the room where there is also a kitchen that is only shared within that apartment so not too crowded where like other hostel all people share one kitchen. The hostel also gives out free foods at 7pm everyday at the bar.

They really should warn that you're going into a windowless (and completely ventilationless) room. Who knows what you're breathing while you sleep! Gross. Luckily I only arrived at 11pm and had to leave again at 6am.

Hi Hannah, Our budget rooms do not face on to the street and have windows and that is why we sell them cheaper than our other rooms. Some guests really like them as they are quieter and cosy in the winter. We are awaiting a long promised renovation of the entire hostel by the building owners which will see the end of any windowless budget rooms! Kind regards

Staff were nice

One of the cheapest hostels of Auckland (when I searched on internet), good location, good facilities to cook, watch tv or have a drink. But the room was quite small for 8 people, no place for the bags, and internet is not free and it's expensive.

1 2 3 Next » last »