Nomads Hostel Reviews

27,Gurko Str., Veliko Tarnovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

Just stayed for one night. Hostel is a little alternative. It is the house of the hostel owners. If you are ok with this, you will have a good time. Free breakfast with organic food included.

A reasonable hostel with one of the best views in the area. Lots of travelling information available to help you plan around Bulgaria. Well positioned for the main points of interest. Never stayed at a hostel before were you had to remove shoes on entry - found that a bit of a novelty. Really liked the relaxing music that played in the common room.

very good viewnice located old town Emily was very helpful and kind

Thank you so much for an amazing time, the day trips you took me on were absolutely brilliant, I had such an amazing time! I hope that I get the opportunity to come and visit you again some time, you are truly the nicest people :) Thank you, Mark (the big guy)

• 14th Sep 2013

That little decorative sheltered balcony, ( as good for enjoying the WIEV in solitude with a cuppa tea, as for shearing travellers tales in a jolly crowd in party mood ) seemed the heart of this sensitively run hostel. I was invited to share delicious meals, helped and aided at every turn. Excellent trips far-out-of-town, taylored to your tastes. And it was GREAT to be delivered on the door step of the next hostel by Nedelya... Many thanks, Ses and Nedelya...

A peaceful atmosphere and host i'will never foget!

The staff here were really nice and they served a great breakfast. However, the rooms were dank and smelt bad, the beds were uncomfortable (the sheets were too small) and there was no air conditioning. I would recommend staying at another hostel (which was much nicer).

• 16th Aug 2013

Hello again :), we agree that we have some points in our work in the hostel to improve, and also we are sure that not all of our guest are happy with the hostel, but you can see the previous(from yours) review here at hostelworld, this girl stay with you in the same time, in the same room and had the same experience as you did. She says other things about here :) That is life, different people, different points of view. We wish you all the best

nomads hostel in veliko tarnovo is located perfectly. though, the most important thing though is: the couple who runs it does it with passion and a lot of good energy. i felt like home instantly. homegrown food, tv free zone, nice talks with the host nedyalko and all the other travellers... gooooood vibes! i'll be back!

This hostel is a wonderful place!! Nedyalko was very warm and welcoming to me and I felt at home right away. I met many other travellers here, and Nedyalko took us to a waterfall with swimming pools and jumping cliffs, it was amazing. Breakfast is great- all home-made and delicious. I wish I could eat like this everyday travelling!! Also he drove me and 3 other travellers to Plovdiv, stopping on the way at many beautiful places. Thank you Nedyalko for everything. I highly recommend to all!!

This is the best hostel I have stayed at. I love the building and Nedyalko and Sis have created such a beautiful and peaceful atmosphere inside, that you can only come away feeling rested and refreshed. Nedyalko and Sis, live from the heart and this hostel is just that, a place of the heart. The food is natural and healthy and locally sourced. I love the yoga and meditation room also. I can't say enough good about this place, it is very special as it Nedyalko and Sis. Thank you.

We were a group of 9 people from Italy. We enjoyed our stay in this unconventional hostel since Nedyalko welcomed us in. It is a place full of surprises... I enjoyed the home made breakfast a lot. Nedyalko's wife baked the bread and the rose jam was amazing. I will miss this place.

Overall, Nomads was a fine place to stay for a couple days. It was in a good location, and the breakfasts were lovely. But the 6-bed dorm room was a bit cramped and there are no security lockers.

An amazing little hostel in a beautiful small city. The breakfast is completely self-made and therefore delicious. The rooms are clean and beds comfy and the atmosphere is brilliant like in many small hostels. The building is one of the prettiest buildings in a street full of beautiful buildings. The little balcony is the best part and the view from there is just stunning.

Nice location and a beautiful house. Staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was wonderful. I was the only guest so can't say too much about the atmosphere, but at least the common room was well suited for socializing. Enjoyed my stay a lot! No lockers, though..

A welcoming and warm hostel, a perfect place to rest, enjoy the nice city of Veliko (a must go in Bulgaria) and meet people.

Nomads is run by a friendly and thoughtful couple, who like natural and organic food. They dry their own tea leaves, pick grandma's green apples and help harvest red grapes, and them store the organic red wine in large bottles in a cubby hole at the hostel. If you are good, you might even be offered a glass. Absolutely awesome experience. I've never tasted such yummy red wine without chemicals.

I stayed at the Nomads Hostel for 2 lovely nights. Our hosts Nedyalko and SIs were not just hostel hosts they were wonderful thoughtful people. Sis taught me how to make the Bulgarian specialty "Banitsa" which was served with her home-made yogurt and other fresh items for breakfast. The location couldn't be more perfect. It's on beautiful historic Gurko street. looking out over the river, to the monument backed by the forest, just at the bottom of the old city. It was a perfect stay.

This is a truly brilliant hostel. Comfortable living space, beautiful location, and excellent value for money. Veliko Tarnovo is lovely and when we visit again, we will definitely be using this hostel. The tour provided by one of our hosts, Nedyalko, was great fun, informative, and definitely worth the cost. Thank you again guys - we will hopefully see you again soon

This is one of a kind, very friendly, very welcoming place, where you do feel you are staying with friends in their house rather than in a hostel. Plenty of tips, friendly faces, a fantastic breakfast and a home away from home. Lovely, relaxed and full of creativity!

owner are soooo great! felt really positive energy there!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6