Nomads Melbourne Reviews

196-198 A'Beckett st., Melbourne, Australia

Need more toilets inside rooms and bathrooms.

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • Wales

Very friendly very lovely staff. Great hostel, good atmosphere. Very overpriced however, price was rising to $60 a night in an 8 bed dorm when I left - too expensive for what you receive.

• 1st Feb 2016

Really average for what your paying, I guess that's Australia though. The staff seemed very dismissive besides this one guy who was actually helpful and nice. The rooms were sort of cleaned but the cleaners didn't even know which beds to clean and which not to.. The wifi didn't work in the rooms and was only from 8am-8pm, unless you paid for it.. The one good thing I'll give them is the bar/lounge was a very nice area

Staff are very bad, not friendly, don't seem to like their job and seems as though coming near the reception is a nuisance as they just want to chat to their friends or play music. A lot of people staying there also work there and do as little as possible. Bathrooms were always filthy, had to ask for toilet paper a few times and no soap in one. When something breaks it doesn't appear to get fixed. Real party hostel & bar is open to the public. Location is only good thing.

Extremely overpriced for what you get. Toilets hardly ever cleaned and someone's scrambled eggs left on floor in bar all day without being cleaned up. One bar staff was pretty rude when I tried to order. Atmosphere not that good for what you pay. For 40 dollars a night you expect a lot more, especially when you're removing your own bed sheets. Essentially you pay for a small, squeaky bed in a dorm.

I stayed for 1 night during the Australian Open tennis so it was a bit more expensive than I was expecting. Having said that, no one else was in my 4 bed dorm so I ended up with the room to myself. Carpet was in dire need of a clean/vacuum but the bed was comfy and bathrooms were clean.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff was always friendly and willing to help. The bar on the main floor made for a really good atmosphere to meet people and to make friends. The beds were decently comfortable and the rooms were clean. The bathrooms tended be a little dirty but nothing outrageous.

• 25th Jan 2016

Amazing hostel, great atmosphere, good facilities and very clean. Couldn't ask for a better location to explore Melbourne

• 25th Jan 2016

There needed to be more bathrooms for the amount of people. The bathrooms we did have we're not clean most of the time.

I couldn't believe how cool this hostel was! I've stayed in alot of hostels down the east coast and this was one of the best! staff eas amazing!

• 24th Jan 2016

The guys deom reception are very professionals and well mannered, specially Kris and Chris. The room was very nice and the bar is great.

Internet from 8am-8pm, and only on the main floor = rubbish. Non-Aussie credit cards pay an extra 2% = money grab. Beds were comfy. Location is good. Staff were helpful. Cinema/TV room was locked during my stay. Kitchen is too small. No regrets about staying here but going to a different hostel when I return to Melbourne.

Very relaxed atmosphere with good sounds in the lounge. I really like to stay there!

• 20th Jan 2016

Great location and good atmosphere. Only comment would be you're going to have a hot night if you're in a top bunk as the fan won't reach you!

• 19th Jan 2016

It got a bit expensive during the week we where there but otherwise we liked the location, room and the building!

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Had a supremely average stay at Nomads. The staff weren't particularly friendly upon arrival, just said 'there is a kitchen,, a bar, a lounge' without much more explanation. The carpet in the room was disgusting, obviously not cleaned in awhile as it had white patches everywhere (hoping it wasn't mould). The kitchen was far too small and there is no common area aside from the bar (obviously where all their money goes). Wifi only in common areas 8am-8pm - such a joke for the price you pay

Great hostel, the rooms where clean and the staff really helpful. Free pancakes where amazing and the wifi worked really good, only a pity that there wasn't free wifi in the whole hostel. Would definitely stay here again.

A girl in reception was not helpful. I asked other staff something about my trip and she just tryed to sell tour... So I had to go to visitor center in the city to get information.

Fun atmosphere, free pancakes every morning, pretty good location for dining out/getting groceries to make your own. Pretty comfortable beds. You can't drink your own alcohol so drinking at the bar gets expensive. I advise against getting the 14-bed room, as you only have 1 small shower and 1 dirty toilet for the entire room. Wifi is only from 8am-8pm for some reason, and only in the common areas (weird?).

It seemed buzzing and very social in the evenings which was good.However, the place smelt of dirt. The smell of the toilets and room was disgusting. The carpet was sticky so had to wear flip flops at all times. When the room was hoovered it wasn't very thorough. Our keys to get in our room had to be reset and we kept getting locked out. Especially not ideal when you go to toilet in the middle of the night. The bedding seemed clean. The staff were not that friendly. Wouldn't return.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4