Nomads Melbourne Reviews

196-198 A'Beckett st., Melbourne, Australia

very welcoming, fun, socialable and friendly staff, will defo stay again.

Hostel is very nice, good atmosphere, good bar, nice people and staff. Despite some previous comments the showers were working very well, hot water, everything. The people that are living in the hostel for a while told me that they don't clean the blankets what I think is the only thing they should care about. All the rest was just good. I definitely recommend this hostel.

The hostel is very nice. Good location: you can walk to the city center.

16 mix room. Lost shose and toothpaste. why stole that kind thing? :( there is small locker n no bedbug. prrty good :)

• 16th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

We would appreciate if the room are more spacious for us to move around although we understand hostel concept. A slightly bigger room is even better.

worst hostel i ever stayed in

• 3rd Oct 2014

great location. very nice staff. good deals at the bar

Although there are cleaners in the hostel, the guests are very dirty and keep then kitchen disgusting. The fridge smells really bad. The room is very good, but the floor is a bit dirty.

Not enough secure storage in the room - only 3 small boxes (for a 6 bed dorm) which couldn't fit much more than a phone & wallet. Lack of powerpoints / too far away from my bunk. The others staying in my room were extremely untidy & unclean so didn't bother using the 'ensuite' so had to rely on the other toilets/ showers which weren't much cleaner. It was rather loud for a hostel that isn't near a main street in the CBD. Only positive was the lady behind reception who was lovely and helpful.

Near station of the free tram line and the huge market, but not in the hub of the city, atmosphere at the bar mostly pretty quiet (I stayed there in winter, that was probably why), I liked the back porch, people cooked together on Sundays. What I really didn´t like was the fact that the showers were not hot (at least on my floor, after two days I found out the showers on the first floor were hot, but not above) + that the bathroom wasn´t cleaned for three days, it was disgusting!!

If I knew this hostel had no free wifi, I would have never stayed. Having "internet service" doesn't mean free wifi (and all nomad hostels are the same). The MAD travel desk wasn't as helpful as I thought they would be. The elevator was in and out of service. There are 5 floors. There are about three or four showers on the floor but one was always out of service. One bathroom has only "cold" water for hands and brushing teeth. The rooms have heat but no outlets or lamps near beds.

Very dirty hostel. The room was very dirty and the bathroom too. I Ask to schedule for the bus to the Avalon airport and scheduled to the wrong airport (we need pay 140 dollars to going for the correct airport) , almost missed the flight. Do not recommend. For the price we paid, it's worth looking for a hotel or other location, especially given the clean (dirty sheets, musty smell, hair everywhere, filthy bathrooms).

Overall safe, clean and welcoming place to stay at a good price. Overnight stay was hassle free, convenient and affordable. I will stay there again! :)

Fabulous stay, were only here for 3 days, but it was great

The rooms were snug, cosy and clean, which was enjoyable. Free pastas, rice and breakfast are very nice ideas, thanks ! The place is very well located, in the bustling center of Melbourne, near Queen Victoria Market.

The staff who worked at reception where really nice. However the cleaning people are some of the rudest people iv ever met

Staff are really nice and are very helpful. Dorms are a decent size and provide lockers for your valuables. Bedding smelt of the previous person that slept in the bed;we were informed the quilts were not washed, only the pillow case and sheets are washed.

• 22nd Jul 2014

I stayed only one night.

I have already commented; anyway, the experience in the nomads was too good and I felt like it was really good value for money. It was secure and just nearby the Melbourne CBD and hence was easy to catch means of transportation.

• 16th Jul 2014

I've never seen a kitchen so terrible in my whole hostel experience! Everything is disgusting and dirty! It is impossible to find a pan, plates or cups... there is nothing to use there!! And only 3 cookers work! Imagine a 5 level hostel with only 3 cookers working! A complete chaos! And the toilets... oh my god! Terrible!! I think that they don't have staff enough to keep everything clean... that's it!