Nomads Melbourne Reviews

196-198 A'Beckett st., Melbourne, Australia

only one toilet for a whole floor. Got very dirty and ran out of toilet paper

• 29th Nov 2014

This place was awesome! The bar was big and didn't feel like a grungy hostel bar,i t was super clean and met a lot of friends there. The only thing is that the luggage room is way too small, some of our stuff got a little crushed. Loved it though would definitely stay here again.

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we think its awesome when our customers take the time to let us know where we are doing good. Hopefully we will see you again one day, have a great Christmas & New Year. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

I spend there one night. Just the kitchen is too small and not too much space for cooking also there is no oven. As hostel is okey for who s coming in holiday in Melbourne, not to stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. You are right about our kitchen, myself and the directors are currently throwing around a few ideas to how we can make our kitchen bigger, we are aware of this issue and its not something that we are ignoring. Hopefully early 2015 we'll see a change. Have a great Christmas and New Year.

The kitchen is a joke, trying to cook ever is a nightmare - no ovens or freezers either. But for a short stay this place is perfect, the bar is cool. Pretty basic in the rooms - no personal light or plug. Saying this it's one of the nicest around in this area and I would stay again. You're paying for the location.

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we think its awesome when our customers take the time to let us know where we are doing good. You are right about the kitchen, we do keep it super clean, but in the new year we will be looking into sorting out a bigger kitchen. Hopefully we will see you again one day, have a great Christmas & New Year. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

very welcoming, fun, socialable and friendly staff, will defo stay again.

Hostel is very nice, good atmosphere, good bar, nice people and staff. Despite some previous comments the showers were working very well, hot water, everything. The people that are living in the hostel for a while told me that they don't clean the blankets what I think is the only thing they should care about. All the rest was just good. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we think its awesome when our customers take the time to let us know where we are doing good. Its great you liked the showers, we've been getting a lot of good feedback about them lately. I am the new manager here and I can tell you that we do wash the blankets. We use a local linen company, who wash and press all our linen daily. Hopefully we will see you again one day, have a great Christmas & New Year. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

The hostel is very nice. Good location: you can walk to the city center.

16 mix room. Lost shose and toothpaste. why stole that kind thing? :( there is small locker n no bedbug. prrty good :)

• 16th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Hello there, Thank you for your review, are you sure you stayed at this hostel. I only ask as we don't have a 16 bed dorm!. We are Nomads Melbourne, we are located on A'Beckett Street, very near Victoria Market. I only ask as there are 3 Nomads properties in Melbourne Have a great Christmas and New Year. From all the crew @ Nomads Melbourne

We would appreciate if the room are more spacious for us to move around although we understand hostel concept. A slightly bigger room is even better.

Thank you so much for your review. We have lots of rooms here, with all different configurations, if you ever come back to Melbourne again, come and stay with us and we will let you see the room before you check in to see if you like the size. Hopefully we will see you again one day, have a great Christmas & New Year. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

worst hostel i ever stayed in

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hello there, Thank you for your short review, I was wondering if you might give me a bit information about your stay. I am sadden that you had a negative experience. We love all sorts of constructive feedback so we can always work on ourselves. Simply writing 'Worst hostel I ever stayed in' it doesn't give us an opportunity to change or improve. We are a new management team here and take every reviews very seriously. I look forward to hearing from you with something constructive.

great location. very nice staff. good deals at the bar

Although there are cleaners in the hostel, the guests are very dirty and keep then kitchen disgusting. The fridge smells really bad. The room is very good, but the floor is a bit dirty.

Not enough secure storage in the room - only 3 small boxes (for a 6 bed dorm) which couldn't fit much more than a phone & wallet. Lack of powerpoints / too far away from my bunk. The others staying in my room were extremely untidy & unclean so didn't bother using the 'ensuite' so had to rely on the other toilets/ showers which weren't much cleaner. It was rather loud for a hostel that isn't near a main street in the CBD. Only positive was the lady behind reception who was lovely and helpful.

Near station of the free tram line and the huge market, but not in the hub of the city, atmosphere at the bar mostly pretty quiet (I stayed there in winter, that was probably why), I liked the back porch, people cooked together on Sundays. What I really didn´t like was the fact that the showers were not hot (at least on my floor, after two days I found out the showers on the first floor were hot, but not above) + that the bathroom wasn´t cleaned for three days, it was disgusting!!

If I knew this hostel had no free wifi, I would have never stayed. Having "internet service" doesn't mean free wifi (and all nomad hostels are the same). The MAD travel desk wasn't as helpful as I thought they would be. The elevator was in and out of service. There are 5 floors. There are about three or four showers on the floor but one was always out of service. One bathroom has only "cold" water for hands and brushing teeth. The rooms have heat but no outlets or lamps near beds.

Very dirty hostel. The room was very dirty and the bathroom too. I Ask to schedule for the bus to the Avalon airport and scheduled to the wrong airport (we need pay 140 dollars to going for the correct airport) , almost missed the flight. Do not recommend. For the price we paid, it's worth looking for a hotel or other location, especially given the clean (dirty sheets, musty smell, hair everywhere, filthy bathrooms).

Overall safe, clean and welcoming place to stay at a good price. Overnight stay was hassle free, convenient and affordable. I will stay there again! :)

Fabulous stay, were only here for 3 days, but it was great

The rooms were snug, cosy and clean, which was enjoyable. Free pastas, rice and breakfast are very nice ideas, thanks ! The place is very well located, in the bustling center of Melbourne, near Queen Victoria Market.

The staff who worked at reception where really nice. However the cleaning people are some of the rudest people iv ever met