Nomads Melbourne Reviews

196-198 A'Beckett st., Melbourne, Australia

Nice clean friendly hostel, 5minutes walk to cbd and markets. Good wifi between 6am-7pm. Need more pots and pans in the kitchen! And the bar is ridiculously expensive for a backpacker place. No wonder it was Empty most nights which I found more difficult to meet people other then those in my room. It was very loud and dark so when u do talk to someone u have to shout.

Stayed for 3 nights and had a really good time. The location is excellent as is the atmosphere that surrounds the place. Met loads of excellent people and the bar was really nice, couldn't hear a sound from the bedroom either which is amazing. Bathrooms were average but not a huge deal, never had to wait to use them. Overall really good and would stay again!

• 20th Jun 2015

The staff were slow to check us in, the facilities were ok, but the kitchen is very small and pots/pans are beyond cleaning!! The showers were not very warm. I booked a female dorm but had male staff walk in on two occasions without knocking, once whilst I was getting dressed. I am also due a phone call from a manager which I've still not received and when checking out the staff member seemed totally unenthusiastic!! I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you need something cheap

The main issue with the security is food in the fridges and kitchens which if you leave in there unlocked will most definitely get stolen, food lockers would be a good idea. Due to the bar downstairs you are unable to take in your own alcohol into the hostel and although the bar is cheap compared to other bars it is still expensive for a backpacker. Some of the rooms, the lobby and shower areas are cold in winter time. Overall though not a bad place to stay and very good location.

• 12th Jun 2015

Staff are friendly and nice

• 27th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

The hostel was overall good. I just wouldn't stay here again because I was always cold. The insulation in the room was poor - it felt like there was always a window open - even when the windows were closed and the heater was on. On that note, I I wish the showers were hotter just to compensate for the cold hostel and cold tap water (doesn't feel great when your brushing your teeth). Otherwise, the staff was very friendly, happy hour is cheap. Could definitely find a better hostel for cheaper

I think the vacuuming and constant entering and exiting in the early morning by the cleaning staff is a bit annoying. I completely understand it is their job but it may be better to start cleaning a little later than 9am.

Only stayed for one night but seemed like a good hostel. Bit to far outside of the centre for me

I only stayed one night in Nomads so didn't really get to spend too much time there. However my stay certainly wasn't amazing. There's only a few showers and toilets per floor which are always busy and lacking in toilet paper. The floor in the shower room was also a death trap when wet as it was ridiculously slippy! The kitchen was tiny and messy when I stuck my head in. My room however was really clean and nice. Not the worst hostel I've been to but not that great either.

Great hostel. They give good infos about Melbourne and around. Only the kitchen is a bit small but still alright. Had a great time there :)

• 7th Apr 2015

The kitchen was absolutely disgusting, people never did their dishes and it seemed like there were never any tea towels, maybe because it was too small for the size of the hostel. The stoves also barely worked. They had a normal number of signs up about cleaning up after yourself, so I don't really know why the cleanliness level in the kitchen was so much lower than any other place. Also there seemed to be one tiny bathroom for multiple rooms on my floor. The staff were helpful, though.

I think the nomad product needs re vamping, it's stuck in the early 2000s, re fresh the place up, staff need to interact with guests more rather than all sit on a table and socialise with eachother, guests sit on phones all day, very clicky!! Can't think of anytime I saw anyone speak to someone they didn't know, needs a lick of paint too, kitchen too small, too many staff wandering about with their thumbs up their asses .

Very clean, huge hostel. Although it has a bar, still feels more like a hotel due to the size. Prices are raised on the weekends but it is in the center of the CBD which is excellent. Offer a bunch of trips and discounts in the lobby for whatever you would like to do around Melbourne. Would stay again

This area is located near train station, free tram station and main attractions such as queen victoria library - all of thems can walk within walking distance. The hostel is quite good and clean.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Thailand

Very clean Hostel, with friendly staff and a great atmosphere :) Going to bock it again when I´m in Melbourne

• 18th Mar 2015

This hostel is a lively place and has a great atmosphere. The bar is good and lively if you're keen on meeting other travellers. The only bad thing i would say is that there is no misquito nets on the windows and I got eaten quite badly during the night.

Nomads Melbourne was one of the best hostels I've stayed in - while the room was dark (one light burnt out) and the hostel wasn't incredibly close to CBD, they did one-up every other place I've stayed so far with their "welcome to Melbourne" meeting. I encourage all travellers, single or not, to attend this session to get oriented and meet people!

The bathrooms and showers could have been cleaner but still not to bad for a busy city center hostel. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the dorms were a really good size

wanking facilities: a solid 8/10

Seemed like a good place to stay. Only stayed 2 nights and spent little time here. Beds were comfy, rooms and bathrooms clean and nice. Atmosphere seemed good in the bar, but I had plans so never spent time in there.