Nomads Melbourne Reviews

196-198 A'Beckett st., Melbourne, Australia

Bathrooms were vile!! I honestly don't think they were cleaned the entire time we were there. They stink. Tissue everywhere. Sinks are tiny, no where to wash your face or brush your teeth (you wouldn't want to set your toothbrush down anywhere in there). Rooms were unbelievably messy, you could blame the customers for that but it doesn't look like they've been cleaned in a while either. Staff weren't unfriendly but what's the point in putting 'ask staff for details' signs if they know nothing...

Clean, pleasant atmosphere. Walking distance to Victoria Market (2 mins) and Cbd of Melbourne (5 mins) but just far enough to get away from the crowds. Much better atmosphere than the other Nomads on Spencer in my opinion. Free instant coffee, tea, pasta, and rice...Bonus!

• 13th Jan 2015

You get free wifi on the ground floor but in order to get it on the upper floors you need to pay more money. Seems kind of ridiculous. Rooms were clean and beds weren't too bad.

Great hostel. only complaint is that when we got there, our room was full and we had to be put into another room. Not ideal at 3am after 25 hrs on a plane

• 28th Dec 2014

The bathrooms are dirty. There was no trash in two of four toilets of my level. There was toilet paper and used women sanitiry napkins (three) with blood in one toilet. How can this be possible? The staff was not prepared to the traveler. I saw the samething they did to me happening to a traveler the other day. They only receive your money and give you a card key. Just that. They dont tell you anything else. Not even how the door of your room open, or how the facilities works.

• 20th Dec 2014

Good location and nice dorms. Free wifi on the groundfloor. I start my stay in the 14 beds dorm that i found quite horrible : just 1 shower, 1 sink which was leaking and 1 toilet, messy and unrespectful roomates. But then i booked in a 6 beds dorm which was perfect, lots of clean showers and toilets. Very young average age hostel : a lot of 20 years old backpackers. Main issu the kitchen : really small and closed 2 times in the afternoon...

only one toilet for a whole floor. Got very dirty and ran out of toilet paper

• 29th Nov 2014

This place was awesome! The bar was big and didn't feel like a grungy hostel bar,i t was super clean and met a lot of friends there. The only thing is that the luggage room is way too small, some of our stuff got a little crushed. Loved it though would definitely stay here again.

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we think its awesome when our customers take the time to let us know where we are doing good. Hopefully we will see you again one day, have a great Christmas & New Year. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

I spend there one night. Just the kitchen is too small and not too much space for cooking also there is no oven. As hostel is okey for who s coming in holiday in Melbourne, not to stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. You are right about our kitchen, myself and the directors are currently throwing around a few ideas to how we can make our kitchen bigger, we are aware of this issue and its not something that we are ignoring. Hopefully early 2015 we'll see a change. Have a great Christmas and New Year.

The kitchen is a joke, trying to cook ever is a nightmare - no ovens or freezers either. But for a short stay this place is perfect, the bar is cool. Pretty basic in the rooms - no personal light or plug. Saying this it's one of the nicest around in this area and I would stay again. You're paying for the location.

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we think its awesome when our customers take the time to let us know where we are doing good. You are right about the kitchen, we do keep it super clean, but in the new year we will be looking into sorting out a bigger kitchen. Hopefully we will see you again one day, have a great Christmas & New Year. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

very welcoming, fun, socialable and friendly staff, will defo stay again.

Hostel is very nice, good atmosphere, good bar, nice people and staff. Despite some previous comments the showers were working very well, hot water, everything. The people that are living in the hostel for a while told me that they don't clean the blankets what I think is the only thing they should care about. All the rest was just good. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we think its awesome when our customers take the time to let us know where we are doing good. Its great you liked the showers, we've been getting a lot of good feedback about them lately. I am the new manager here and I can tell you that we do wash the blankets. We use a local linen company, who wash and press all our linen daily. Hopefully we will see you again one day, have a great Christmas & New Year. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

The hostel is very nice. Good location: you can walk to the city center.

16 mix room. Lost shose and toothpaste. why stole that kind thing? :( there is small locker n no bedbug. prrty good :)

• 16th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Hello there, Thank you for your review, are you sure you stayed at this hostel. I only ask as we don't have a 16 bed dorm!. We are Nomads Melbourne, we are located on A'Beckett Street, very near Victoria Market. I only ask as there are 3 Nomads properties in Melbourne Have a great Christmas and New Year. From all the crew @ Nomads Melbourne

We would appreciate if the room are more spacious for us to move around although we understand hostel concept. A slightly bigger room is even better.

Thank you so much for your review. We have lots of rooms here, with all different configurations, if you ever come back to Melbourne again, come and stay with us and we will let you see the room before you check in to see if you like the size. Hopefully we will see you again one day, have a great Christmas & New Year. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

worst hostel i ever stayed in

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hello there, Thank you for your short review, I was wondering if you might give me a bit information about your stay. I am sadden that you had a negative experience. We love all sorts of constructive feedback so we can always work on ourselves. Simply writing 'Worst hostel I ever stayed in' it doesn't give us an opportunity to change or improve. We are a new management team here and take every reviews very seriously. I look forward to hearing from you with something constructive.

great location. very nice staff. good deals at the bar

Although there are cleaners in the hostel, the guests are very dirty and keep then kitchen disgusting. The fridge smells really bad. The room is very good, but the floor is a bit dirty.

Not enough secure storage in the room - only 3 small boxes (for a 6 bed dorm) which couldn't fit much more than a phone & wallet. Lack of powerpoints / too far away from my bunk. The others staying in my room were extremely untidy & unclean so didn't bother using the 'ensuite' so had to rely on the other toilets/ showers which weren't much cleaner. It was rather loud for a hostel that isn't near a main street in the CBD. Only positive was the lady behind reception who was lovely and helpful.

Near station of the free tram line and the huge market, but not in the hub of the city, atmosphere at the bar mostly pretty quiet (I stayed there in winter, that was probably why), I liked the back porch, people cooked together on Sundays. What I really didn´t like was the fact that the showers were not hot (at least on my floor, after two days I found out the showers on the first floor were hot, but not above) + that the bathroom wasn´t cleaned for three days, it was disgusting!!