Nomads Melbourne Reviews

196-198 A'Beckett st., Melbourne, Australia

Great hostel. They give good infos about Melbourne and around. Only the kitchen is a bit small but still alright. Had a great time there :)

• 7th Apr 2015

The kitchen was absolutely disgusting, people never did their dishes and it seemed like there were never any tea towels, maybe because it was too small for the size of the hostel. The stoves also barely worked. They had a normal number of signs up about cleaning up after yourself, so I don't really know why the cleanliness level in the kitchen was so much lower than any other place. Also there seemed to be one tiny bathroom for multiple rooms on my floor. The staff were helpful, though.

I think the nomad product needs re vamping, it's stuck in the early 2000s, re fresh the place up, staff need to interact with guests more rather than all sit on a table and socialise with eachother, guests sit on phones all day, very clicky!! Can't think of anytime I saw anyone speak to someone they didn't know, needs a lick of paint too, kitchen too small, too many staff wandering about with their thumbs up their asses .

This area is located near train station, free tram station and main attractions such as queen victoria library - all of thems can walk within walking distance. The hostel is quite good and clean.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Thailand

Very clean Hostel, with friendly staff and a great atmosphere :) Going to bock it again when I´m in Melbourne

• 18th Mar 2015

This hostel is a lively place and has a great atmosphere. The bar is good and lively if you're keen on meeting other travellers. The only bad thing i would say is that there is no misquito nets on the windows and I got eaten quite badly during the night.

Nomads Melbourne was one of the best hostels I've stayed in - while the room was dark (one light burnt out) and the hostel wasn't incredibly close to CBD, they did one-up every other place I've stayed so far with their "welcome to Melbourne" meeting. I encourage all travellers, single or not, to attend this session to get oriented and meet people!

The bathrooms and showers could have been cleaner but still not to bad for a busy city center hostel. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the dorms were a really good size

wanking facilities: a solid 8/10

Seemed like a good place to stay. Only stayed 2 nights and spent little time here. Beds were comfy, rooms and bathrooms clean and nice. Atmosphere seemed good in the bar, but I had plans so never spent time in there.

Location is pretty good, although a small walk to a coles/woolies. Staff were always friendly and cheerful. Have small lockers in the rooms, but can only fit valuables in there. Also saw they do free pancakes in there. Bad points were that the room was very hot, and I got bitten by a bed bug

I enjoyed my stay for the most part.The hostel was fairly clean and I liked that there was reception 24 hours, the girls working the desk were very nice and helpful! I however wish there was another fan or AC unit in the room, I slept on the floor my last night because that was the only place the fan reached. The kitchen is way too small for such a big place, the bar is huge, why not take some of that space and expand the kitchen? Otherwise my stay was nice and it was a good place to sleep.

Staff were happy to help us with anything we needed,no wifi in rooms only reception but can pay extra to have it in rooms. Central location so great for exploring all of Melbourne!

Bathrooms were vile!! I honestly don't think they were cleaned the entire time we were there. They stink. Tissue everywhere. Sinks are tiny, no where to wash your face or brush your teeth (you wouldn't want to set your toothbrush down anywhere in there). Rooms were unbelievably messy, you could blame the customers for that but it doesn't look like they've been cleaned in a while either. Staff weren't unfriendly but what's the point in putting 'ask staff for details' signs if they know nothing...

Clean, pleasant atmosphere. Walking distance to Victoria Market (2 mins) and Cbd of Melbourne (5 mins) but just far enough to get away from the crowds. Much better atmosphere than the other Nomads on Spencer in my opinion. Free instant coffee, tea, pasta, and rice...Bonus!

• 13th Jan 2015

You get free wifi on the ground floor but in order to get it on the upper floors you need to pay more money. Seems kind of ridiculous. Rooms were clean and beds weren't too bad.

Great hostel. only complaint is that when we got there, our room was full and we had to be put into another room. Not ideal at 3am after 25 hrs on a plane

• 28th Dec 2014

The bathrooms are dirty. There was no trash in two of four toilets of my level. There was toilet paper and used women sanitiry napkins (three) with blood in one toilet. How can this be possible? The staff was not prepared to the traveler. I saw the samething they did to me happening to a traveler the other day. They only receive your money and give you a card key. Just that. They dont tell you anything else. Not even how the door of your room open, or how the facilities works.

• 20th Dec 2014

Good location and nice dorms. Free wifi on the groundfloor. I start my stay in the 14 beds dorm that i found quite horrible : just 1 shower, 1 sink which was leaking and 1 toilet, messy and unrespectful roomates. But then i booked in a 6 beds dorm which was perfect, lots of clean showers and toilets. Very young average age hostel : a lot of 20 years old backpackers. Main issu the kitchen : really small and closed 2 times in the afternoon...

only one toilet for a whole floor. Got very dirty and ran out of toilet paper

• 29th Nov 2014