Nomads Melbourne Reviews

196-198 A'Beckett st., Melbourne, Australia

Loved my stay at Nomads! Great atmosphere and great value for money.

• 14th Nov 2015

The bathrooms are mormore clean than the bedrooms.

The hostel was in a good location not to far from central station but apart from that there are not many more good points I can say! The kitchen was so small it was impossible to cook a meal in there if there was more than another person in there, the toilets and showers were disgusting. I was in a 10bed mixed dorm with ensuite so I never used the communal showes but I stayed in the room for 4 days and not once was are toilet or shower clean by the staff!

Good location for the nightlife and city. Had our vodka confiscated from our room when we weren't even there because little did we know you can't drink in the rooms. So hide your drinks if you do take them.

• 12th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Did not really spend much time in the hostel as it was for one night and we had plans. However, the cleaning of the hostel is something that needs to be improved. The bin in the room looked like it hadn't been emptied for a while and there was a rotten smell. The shower was so dirty it was no way healthy to wash in. And the only bathroom on our floor, the flush did not work and it was blocked up to the top. It was a good job it was only for 1 night.

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Wales

Lovely hostel with a great lively bar on a Saturday night. The room was lovely and clean with a good ensuite bathroom. Great location not far from the main shopping street and close to tram stops to get about the city. Staff were all very friendly and helpful with any questions we had. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Scotland

Enjoyed my stay at nomads. It was a nice atmosphere and the rooms were nice. However bathrooms weren't regularly cleaned and I found the kitchen to be a bit impractical.

Bathrooms were dirty, walls were thin. Staff were nice. Lockers need to be bigger. More power points located around the room would be helpful.

• 6th Nov 2015

Nomads isn't bad at all. Rooms are clean, staff are very helpful, good atmosphere. However, there are a few things that let the hostel down. Most importantly, the Kitchen, it's tiny for how many people staying in the Hostel. It's infuriating to cook a meal, too many people in a small enough space. Also no forks people love stealing forks!. Which creates further problems. Music is too loud on a morning downstairs, can't think. Shout out to Chris - guy who works there. Someone give him a payrise!!

• 5th Nov 2015

Good atmosphere, met a lot of people

The staff weren't that friendly and I found the toilets very dirty. Other people staying there were really loud too.

Apart from not being able to smoke on the roof past 11pm everything was fine

• 28th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I've been in others nomads before ,queenstown NZ And Sydney, they were awsome super celan And the staff was super friendly, here in Melbourne i've been disappointed because The hostel was really old And dirty The room quite small And The bathroom too. I was reliefe to leave The next day

• 25th Oct 2015

Receptionists were lacking of enthusiasm, and wifi didnt work for my whole stay, (also not free after 7pm). Bathrooms were below average in cleanliness and dorm room smelled of rotting food. The most disappointing thing, is how easy it was for anyone walking in to get the luggage room key, which is tied to a kangaroo stuffed toy. I didnt feel comfortable leaving my valuables in there.

It is an excellent hostel to stay at for backpackers. There is a bar, a rooftop to lounge around in when the sun is out and various other facilities. It is very close to a park which is wonderful. The beds in the 14 people dorm were comfy. The staff were always very friendly and happy to help. The fact the hostel provided free pasta and rice was very useful for a backpacker such as myself. I would happily send people their way if I was asked what hostels are good in Melbourne.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Spent a week here when first got to Melbs. Good facilities, some free food, movie room, good bar and rooftop. Dorms are standard unless you get a 4 bed one then they really good! Very party party hostel, can be loud

The location was great and easy to access. I had no worries in regards to security whilst staying overnight. All staff were very friendly and welcoming, and I had a great experience with a guy named Kris in reception who was very helpful and provided the information I needed. Would definitely come back and stay again.

• 19th Oct 2015

Really good location for sightseeing ect just staff were a bit clique and kept themselves to themselves. Always that one group though.

Great hostel!! Don't usually bother reviewing places but my stay here was excellent. Decided to stay for few weeks in a Melbourne CBD hostel as I worked in a cafe nearby. Friendly staff, great location, really nice bar with a beer garden and welcoming events. They also had a cinema and a rooftop that I thought was pretty cool. I definitely recommend this place to others.

Had a wonderful stay at Nomads Melbourne. Great rooms and a awesome bar! Very friendly staff who were very helpful at all times. Great location next to park and the hostel is on the rim of Melbourne CBD so barely any street noise!