Nomads Queenstown Reviews

Church Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

I had a great time, my room was overbooked but they gladly helped me out by upgrading me! Wonderful customer service, facilities are modern and clean. Great location in Queenstown, definitely the hostel to be for partying. It can be a little loud at times, but that's the scene! I would definitely stay again, and recommend to others!

Great hostel! Super clean and great location. Only downside is the sad included breakfast (bread and spreads) and no free wifi :(

Overall the stay was ok and would probably return. Though the room was pretty darn messy, understandibly this was mainly the room mates faults. I was truly disappointed with the security though. I was woken by one of the girls in our mixed 6 bedroom dorm. There was an unknown young male standing in our room with no pants on. He was from a completely different room, unaware of where he was and how he got there. Very disappointed with the staffs reactions when informed of this, they just laughed

• 27th Nov 2014

Great location, rooms were great as were the showers. The free dinner and breakfast definitely makes the price more ecomical. On,y thing I'd say is where they're quite a few you get pack backers the kitchen can be untidy which is a shame

Thanks for your feedback and we're stoked you had a great stay with us! The kitchen can get a bit messy and sadly not all guests tidy up after themselves however we do have a team of Hostel Helpers constantly in the kitchen to keep it clean. Thanks again and all the best for your travels :)

only nice when you like a massive hostel

Really enjoyed my stay here! Nothing bad about it. Thumbs up!

Pros - Clean - Good location Cons - Staff ignored us standing outside the door on arrival (could only be opened with keycard), despite seeing us there - No free wifi - Very noisy, right next to club with loud music playing well into the night

Thanks for your feedback Vivien. We do lock the doors for security in the evenings and apologies you had to wait, we have a very friendly team on reception and the night team would definitely never deliberately ignore guests - I imagine they must have been busy with others at this time and will make sure to follow up on this. Currently we do not offer free wifi however have a low rate for high speed wifi offered until we can provide this service. Thanks again and all the best for your travels.

Nomads was in a good location in Queenstown, however it's sheer size made it impersonal and a little unpleasant for a hostel. Free dinner and breakfast was offered, on a first-come, first-served basis. The kitchen, however, was incredibly dirty, which made it difficult to cook anything anyway. Even preparing toast in the morning was a little ominous. Staff didn't seem too enthused with their jobs either. Overall, average hostel experience, a little overpriced in our opinion.

Hi Cameron, thanks for your feedback. We are a large hostel in central Queenstown and although we're big we do our best to offer guests a fun, social time. We have free daily and nightly activities for guests to meet each other and large communal areas to hang out in. Although we have cleaners in the kitchen constantly sadly not all guests clean up after themselves which is a real shame for others as you found. We hope you had a great time in Queenie, all the best for your travels.

Great hostel, very central and friendly. Bathrooms could have been a little cleaner.

Thanks for your feedback, stoked you had a good stay with us in Queenstown! As we've gotten a lot busier lately we have now put on some extra shifts to clean the kitchen and bathrooms as these are also much busier which has helped keep ontop of the cleaning. This should definitely make a difference, thanks again for your feedback :)

Stayed for 3 nights/4 days, got upgraded when I checked in; staff was SO friendly and energetic. Free breakfast/dinner. It felt like I had checked into a hotel, I was so impressed with it. Left

• 12th Nov 2014

We had an awesome time here at Nomads! The intern Farah checked us in and explained us everything we needed to know about going around in Q-Town :-). TV room was awesome (big screen), they have a free sauna to relax and around 18:00 they serve a small free dinner (pasta, curry, patatoes and meat orso) Def recommend Nomads in Q-Town!

• 9th Nov 2014

Noisy all the time. Between the music playing in the hallways all day and the loud music from the bar next door at night you can't ever get any peace and quiet. If that's what you are looking for then this is a good plane.

Thank you for your feedback Christiana, very sorry to hear you found the property to be noisy. We do play music from 11am until 9pm in the hallways and communal areas for a bit of vibe however we ensure this is all switched off at 9pm each night. As we are in the centre of Queenstown some rooms are closer to bars than others however we have a 24 hour reception available in the event you cannot sleep so we can change your room as well as free ear plugs available to all guests. Thanks again.

Really awesome hostel, gives out free breakfast and dinner! Perfect location, wifi decent with hotspots all over as this is a large hostel. They upgraded our room for free which was nice too! Would stay here again.

Really nice Hostel! Big kitchen and nice chillout area.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • mysliman95

Thanks for your feedback Marc, stoked you had a great stay with us!

Nomads in queenstown was great! Our room was upgraded without even asking and it was very clean! We were very happy and comfortable in the hostel.

• 5th Nov 2014

So glad to hear you had a great stay with us, all the best for your future travels :)

Great hostel. Free breakfast and free dinner a big plus when travelling on a backpackers budget.

The bathrooms were regularly cleaned and there were lots of showers and toilets on each floor. The kitchen was huge and has lots of seats and settees. I was in a 10 bed dorm which had a balcony and ensuite and lots of space. When I returned I was in a 6 bed but this was a cramped crowded room unfortunately. Location was excellent.

• 24th Oct 2014

2nd stay at Nomads Queenstown and still a pretty good hostel! Free nightly dinners, a good social area and definitely in the heart of the city.

• 23rd Oct 2014

We stayed here for a total of 8 nights and it is the best hostel we have stayed in in NZ. From the beginning the staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful and even upgraded us. We would like to mention Hugo, Chris and Will especially, not all guys would be able to put up with me ranting about men at them or be willing to carry my drunk friend up the stairs whilst she hits him with her show. I'm sure the girls in room 210 wont be forgotten for a while... enjoy the balloon elephant! His name is

• 18th Oct 2014

One of the hostels I stayed at in New Zealand. Clean, Location, Food, nice people around. Travel desk very helpful ask for Denny. Dislike Cleaning staff ignorant and rude. A little loud if your near the tv room. But you can ask to change room

Thanks for your feedback - stoked you had a good time with us in Queenstown. Very sorry to hear our cleaning staff weren't friendly, we have now addressed this. Thanks again for your feedback.