Nomads Queenstown Reviews

Church Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

Amazing place, the best location all is near, the areas are tidy and clean and the people and staff are cool...

Had a fun stay here. I loved the common area, so cosy with the fire and sofas! Good movie room with bean bags too. Pub crawl was good fun. Free brekkie (toast) and tea/coffee.

With a nightly rate considerably higher than other places in town, many would fairly expect some things to be included in that price, as I did. I paid the cost of my reservation then kept leaking money from my back pocket for wifi access, a towel, somewhere to park my car, breakfast. Other Queenstown hostels have roomier facilities, more included with the stay and still charge less. I also the desk service to be just average due to the number of people and tasks they have to deal with.

• 15th Aug 2015

Hostel was great, Great staff. Very clean bathrooms,hot showers with great pressure. What more could you need.

• 7th Aug 2015

Lovely and modern in a fab location. Nice communal area - lots of seating! Kitchen could be a bit bigger considering the size of the hostel! Bedrooms are quite spacious with individual lockers and bedside lights. Good security on a night out - cards checked when you arrive home!

Everything was great except for the dry room access. Not only did you constantly have to wait to access your gear, you were constantly distracting one of the staff to take you down to the room. This was an exceptionally cumbersome and inefficient process, can't imagine the staff would get any work done having to stop every 5 mins to chaperone people.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Third time in Queenstown, third stay at nomads!! Love this hostel. Got great help as well from the MAD traveling desk with my activities while in Queenstown

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review - Our hostel was built with love - we are so happy to hear you love her as much as we do! Our guests are the reason we all love doing what do, especially our travel team! They love making sure everyone gets the most out of their time while they are in beautiful Queenie! We hope the rest of your travels are going well and we can't wait to see you again. Love the Nomads Queenie Team :)

The common area is awesome with a huge fireplace, heaps of couches and pool table. The rooms are good, but the lockers provided are small and some are broken. Free breakfast is pretty basic, but always a bonus. Free dinner as well! :D

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback - we are so stoked to hear you had a great time with us while you were in Queenie. Our common areas are such an awesome spot to chill out especially on a cold winters day. Our lockers are in need of a bit of love, but Nils our resident handiman is on it :) Our free brekkie and dinner are a crowd fav and are glad to hear you enjoyed them . Thanks again - we hope the rest of your trip is going awesomely! :) Nomads Queenie Team

I would have given Nomads a different review had we not been in a room with a staff member. When we first arrived to our room, the door was propped open as the staff member's bed was being used by at least 4 different people so there was always randoms wondering in and out the room. After I complained, the door was then taped down, again so that the bed could be used by numerous people. Didn't feel secure at all. Was such a shame as this ruined our time in what was a great hostel!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us while you were in Queenstown. The safety of our guests and their belongings is our top priority and I am so sorry to hear this was not reflected during your stay with us. Thanks again for leaving your feedback - I hope the rest of your trip is going well. Thanks Sam and the Nomads Queenie Team.

This is a large hostel with a lot of young, lively people. It is not your place if you are looking for a quiet, restful environment.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback . We are so glad to see you had a great time with us. Queenstown is a very lively town and can sometimes be a little noisy at night. Our staff do their best to ensure the noise is kept to a minimum by conducting regular floor checks. Our common area has plenty of couches, a fire and a cinema room for all those wanting to chill out-Not to mention the sauna. Thanks again - we hope the rest of your travels are going well.

This hostel is very lively and my dorm was lovely with a nice ensuite bathroom. There was a lack of plug sockets however which would be handy and the wifi was expensive. I feel the wifi should be free, especially considering the price of the hostel compared to others in New Zealand which were better. The prices reflect Queenstown however, and the hostel is a good base for exploring the city.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback . We are so glad to see you had a great time with us. We are working on getting quick and free internet access for all our guests, please bare with us, its a work in progress. Our location is pretty sweet and does make exploring our beautiful town all the easier. We hope the rest of your travels around our wonderful country are going awesomely! Nomads Queenie Team

Staff were unfriendly and unhelpful and quite rude. Lack of organisation

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry to hear you found the staff unfriendly and unhelpful. Our customer service is our top priority and our staff are saddened to hear they did not exceed your expectations. I can assure you we always try our best to make sure all guests feel welcome. I hope this experience has not deterred you from saying with us in the future. We would love to show you how awesome we are. Thanks again - Nomads Queenstown Team

I would never stay here again. Rooms were gross. People clothes ND stuff everywhere.

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry the other people who were sharing your room were messy travellers. We hope our guests have developed some sort of dorm etiquette and respect for their fellow room mates but we are not their mothers. We very rarely we get that messy traveller that hasn't quite figured it out. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future. Cheers Nomads Queenie Team.

The Dry Hostel means it's not as fun/rowdy as other hostels, perfect if you like your sleep, not so great if single and wanting to mingle or find a crew to hit bars with!

The hostel was clean and the four bed girls dorm we stayed in was really modern and warm (very important this time of year). There were lockers for valuables in the room and in our room there was a private bathroom which was also very clean. The downsides of this hostel is that the kitchen (in my opinion) is a bit small for the size of the hostel. Also there are a lot of kiwi experience guests, so its hard to make friends when there are a lot of large groups.The location is amazing.

Awesome place to stay for those who likes to meet some people during their stay. Staff is awesome as well. Great location, security never been this perfect. Go for it!

Great location. Good atmosphere. Reception were really, REALLY helpful and nice. One of the girls helped fix my phone - legend! (Thank you!) free breakfast was just toast and seemed to happen at a different time each morning. Bathrooms were cleaned at a weird time of morning so we always ended up having to shower on the floor above.

Loved the hostel, great environment and friendly staff. Great location.

• 6th May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Nomads is the bees knees, no but seriously it was an awesome experience. Excellent location right in town, super close to everything. The staff was super helpful and very nice. The travel/booking area in the lobby was ridiculously helpful exploring the many pamphlets of adventures queenstown has to offer. I have nothing but high praise for their reccommendations as well. The facilities are new, and were very clean which I used, as a caveat I was in a private room.

I actually loved this hostel. My.only issues were that you had to pay for the Internet and wifi and that there was no storage space in my room. I was in a room of 6 beds and 4 of the girls knew each other and had taken the liberty to throw their stuff EVERYWHERE and I had to place my bag in a 1 foot area of space at the foot of my bunk bed stairs. Im sad my stay was hindered by these 4 teenage girls. Other than that, this hostel is fantastic!