Nomads Queenstown Reviews

Church Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

Great location, rooms were great as were the showers. The free dinner and breakfast definitely makes the price more ecomical. On,y thing I'd say is where they're quite a few you get pack backers the kitchen can be untidy which is a shame

Pros - Clean - Good location Cons - Staff ignored us standing outside the door on arrival (could only be opened with keycard), despite seeing us there - No free wifi - Very noisy, right next to club with loud music playing well into the night

Nomads was in a good location in Queenstown, however it's sheer size made it impersonal and a little unpleasant for a hostel. Free dinner and breakfast was offered, on a first-come, first-served basis. The kitchen, however, was incredibly dirty, which made it difficult to cook anything anyway. Even preparing toast in the morning was a little ominous. Staff didn't seem too enthused with their jobs either. Overall, average hostel experience, a little overpriced in our opinion.

Great hostel, very central and friendly. Bathrooms could have been a little cleaner.

Stayed for 3 nights/4 days, got upgraded when I checked in; staff was SO friendly and energetic. Free breakfast/dinner. It felt like I had checked into a hotel, I was so impressed with it. Left

• 12th Nov 2014

We had an awesome time here at Nomads! The intern Farah checked us in and explained us everything we needed to know about going around in Q-Town :-). TV room was awesome (big screen), they have a free sauna to relax and around 18:00 they serve a small free dinner (pasta, curry, patatoes and meat orso) Def recommend Nomads in Q-Town!

• 9th Nov 2014

Noisy all the time. Between the music playing in the hallways all day and the loud music from the bar next door at night you can't ever get any peace and quiet. If that's what you are looking for then this is a good plane.

Really awesome hostel, gives out free breakfast and dinner! Perfect location, wifi decent with hotspots all over as this is a large hostel. They upgraded our room for free which was nice too! Would stay here again.

Really nice Hostel! Big kitchen and nice chillout area.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • mysliman95

Nomads in queenstown was great! Our room was upgraded without even asking and it was very clean! We were very happy and comfortable in the hostel.

• 5th Nov 2014

Great hostel. Free breakfast and free dinner a big plus when travelling on a backpackers budget.

The bathrooms were regularly cleaned and there were lots of showers and toilets on each floor. The kitchen was huge and has lots of seats and settees. I was in a 10 bed dorm which had a balcony and ensuite and lots of space. When I returned I was in a 6 bed but this was a cramped crowded room unfortunately. Location was excellent.

• 24th Oct 2014

2nd stay at Nomads Queenstown and still a pretty good hostel! Free nightly dinners, a good social area and definitely in the heart of the city.

• 23rd Oct 2014

We stayed here for a total of 8 nights and it is the best hostel we have stayed in in NZ. From the beginning the staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful and even upgraded us. We would like to mention Hugo, Chris and Will especially, not all guys would be able to put up with me ranting about men at them or be willing to carry my drunk friend up the stairs whilst she hits him with her show. I'm sure the girls in room 210 wont be forgotten for a while... enjoy the balloon elephant! His name is

• 18th Oct 2014

One of the hostels I stayed at in New Zealand. Clean, Location, Food, nice people around. Travel desk very helpful ask for Denny. Dislike Cleaning staff ignorant and rude. A little loud if your near the tv room. But you can ask to change room

Great bar attached

As an aged grey nomad (77 yo) I was a little dubious about staying in a dorm with six young folk. I need not have worried, as they were very quiet and considerate for the 'old chap', making it an enjoyable experience.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

the stuff was quiet unfriendly, the other people not very nice. queenstown is a small town so you are close to everything. the free dinner was really good! but at least, i wouldnt come back!

Ended up staying for 11days. Really big hostel, so you'll meet a lot of people. I haven't had a slightest moment of discomfort with staff nor people living here. Lived in a 6 bed dorm with shower. If you aren't too be going out every night, you'll need earplugs. Pubs/nightclubs everywhere. Lovely!!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Hi There, Thanks for your feedback, we are stoked that you enjoyed your stay with us at Nomads Queenstown. Hopefully see you back in Queenstown soon. Cheers The Nomads Crew

Overall a good hostel to stay at.

• 5th Sep 2014