Nomads Queenstown Reviews

Church Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

The bathrooms were regularly cleaned and there were lots of showers and toilets on each floor. The kitchen was huge and has lots of seats and settees. I was in a 10 bed dorm which had a balcony and ensuite and lots of space. When I returned I was in a 6 bed but this was a cramped crowded room unfortunately. Location was excellent.

• 24th Oct 2014

2nd stay at Nomads Queenstown and still a pretty good hostel! Free nightly dinners, a good social area and definitely in the heart of the city.

• 23rd Oct 2014

We stayed here for a total of 8 nights and it is the best hostel we have stayed in in NZ. From the beginning the staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful and even upgraded us. We would like to mention Hugo, Chris and Will especially, not all guys would be able to put up with me ranting about men at them or be willing to carry my drunk friend up the stairs whilst she hits him with her show. I'm sure the girls in room 210 wont be forgotten for a while... enjoy the balloon elephant! His name is

• 18th Oct 2014

One of the hostels I stayed at in New Zealand. Clean, Location, Food, nice people around. Travel desk very helpful ask for Denny. Dislike Cleaning staff ignorant and rude. A little loud if your near the tv room. But you can ask to change room

As an aged grey nomad (77 yo) I was a little dubious about staying in a dorm with six young folk. I need not have worried, as they were very quiet and considerate for the 'old chap', making it an enjoyable experience.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

the stuff was quiet unfriendly, the other people not very nice. queenstown is a small town so you are close to everything. the free dinner was really good! but at least, i wouldnt come back!

Ended up staying for 11days. Really big hostel, so you'll meet a lot of people. I haven't had a slightest moment of discomfort with staff nor people living here. Lived in a 6 bed dorm with shower. If you aren't too be going out every night, you'll need earplugs. Pubs/nightclubs everywhere. Lovely!!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Hi There, Thanks for your feedback, we are stoked that you enjoyed your stay with us at Nomads Queenstown. Hopefully see you back in Queenstown soon. Cheers The Nomads Crew

Overall a good hostel to stay at.

• 5th Sep 2014

Everything was OK, but the hostel is so close to everything that on Friday night it was very noisy and lots of people like 2 meters away on the street.. (Maybe soundproof windows would be awesome)

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback, we are glad we enjoyed your stay with us at Nomads Queenstown. Unfortunately because we are in the centre of town in can sometimes get a bit noisy. We do have triple glazed windows to combat this and free ear plugs are available at reception 24 hours a day for all our guests. Good luck for your future travels Cheers The Nomads Crew

This was awesome. Really clean and good facilities in the heart of Queenstown. Thanks for making our stay so enjoyable.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Got upgraded which was great and the staff were very friendly, only issue was wifi was a bit dodgy

Thanks for your feedback, stoked you had a great stay with us! Global Gossip has just changed our wifi server as it was playing up - really sorry about this and hopefully this issue is now nipped in the bud. All the best for your future travels and hope to see you here in Queenstown again one day :)

Looks like they could benefit from having a more motivated or incentivised staff - pay them more? Cleanliness was let down a bit - needs to be more thorough. Perhaps use more detergent in the mop buckets too. Otherwise it sucks that you can't drink alcohol. Wifi sucks pretty bad. Kiwi buses bring loads of people keen to maintain their bus crew every two days as well which inhibits social interaction. Free dinner and bread for breakfast is handy though. Night clubs downstairs pumped pretty hard.

Hi Daniel - thanks for your suggestions and feedback, sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us however when you are asked to leave a property I'm sure it does affect how you feel about it. All the best for your future travels :)

Amazing hostel right in the center of town and easy to get to the Remarkables and Coronet Peak. There is free breakfast and dinner, a sauna, a cinema and a nice lounge. There is a ski/snowboard locker which is great to store gear in after coming back from the slopes. It is a 'dry' hostel but the front desk gives out free drink vouchers for a bar nearby (The Find). The bathrooms are very clean. I am staying there again this weekend, it is an awesome place!! Would definitely recommend!!

• 1st Aug 2014

Hostel very clean (room, kitchen, and bathroom). enjoyed free snack and sauma after Snowboarding. but it needs to be more social and less industrial.

nice hostel. free breakfast, free dinner, room is clean and friendly staffs. everything is perfect

A very nice place to stay. The staff is so nice and friendly! (Hugo, girl with dread, girl.with the fake knife lol). It was cool.

The pantry was perpetually full and disorganised and I lost my groceries the next morning after storing them in the fridge. Seemed to only see staff flirting with residents, and the cooking area would be left in a mess. When I entered the shared dorm there was a person lying on the empty bed meant to be mine, and he wasn't even bunking in that dorm. Good place to meet many youths and young adults though, and location wise was relatively good.

Good but strict on alcohol. "Dry Hostel"

• 27th Jun 2014

Thanks for your feedback Richard, although we used to be a 'wet' hostel sadly due to continuous issues involving alcohol we had to change our policy to dry. We do have a free drink available for each guest every night at The Find and we're surrounded by awesome bars so hopefully this didn't disrupt your stay too much. All the best for your travels, Nomads Crew :)

The hostel is good for people who likes to be social while travelling(which is my case) if you want to meet new people at random and spent a great time with them. This is definitely the place.

• 26th Jun 2014

AWFUL! The lockers in our room majority had broken doors. Our room was located at the back of the building &each night until 4am the nightclub outside can be heard, felt like I was trying to sleep in a nightclub! The front desk staff were ok but some of the people working for free were some of the rudest people I have ever met, only cared about partying and eating the 'free' dinner each evening. Working for free eat all the dinner. Toilets & kitchen not clean, no clean clothes to dry dishes.

Hi Deirdre - I am so, so sorry to read this feedback and feel terrible we couldn't have fixed this problems during your stay. We last week had a huge deep clean on all bathrooms and the kitchen as you're absolutely right, these were not clean enough. Our maintenance manager is currently going through every room as many lockers are damaged which we're doing our best to get up to standard as soon as possible. I have also addressed the meal issue with our hostel helpers as this isn't good at all.