Nomads Queenstown Reviews

Church Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

I stayed in a private twin room with my friend. I think they upgraded us to a balcony room. It was like a hotel room (just smaller). Location is prime. Staff are great! Will most definitely recommend and stay again.

Rooms with their own clean bathrooms, what was excellent! Breakfast was ok, I missed something like muesli or fruits a little bit. The dinner wasn't that much, only a little bit for everybody, but what I had, was delicious! :) Location was great, not far from the lake and the shops ;)

Nice hostel with good room (though lack of a window a shame.) Great to have a kettle etc and TV in a hostel bedroom. Shame that Nomads doesn't have free wifi. You'd think that the bigger companies could afford what more independent hostels do. Clean, comfortable, and worth it for a night or 2.

Thanks for your feedback, we're glad you had a great stay with us. We are working on free wifi however due to the speed required for potentially 300 - 400 people on the same network we want to ensure the system is fast enough for the property needs before this is launched. (Imagine if we had slow free wifi, we would never hear the end of it!) :) We do have unlimited Global Gossip Wifi available for $4/24 hours and $12/weekly rate. Thanks again - all the best for your future travels

This place was great! Even has a movie theater and a sauna! Dorms even have a balcony!

• 5th Jan 2015

Fun town and the hostel in central and actuve. A great fit for a visit to Queenstown. The free supper was greatly appreciated on my 3rd night!

All absolutely fantastic, the people on the front desk where great to deal with and one of the guys helped me out in a time of need which made my day

Excellent location

• 29th Dec 2014

Hostel was very noisy and it was Dirichlet to sleep normally.

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you found the property to be noisy. New Years is an extremely busy time in Queenstown and one which the majority of guests are here to party and celebrate the New Year. We did have extra security staff on during this time however town was much noisier than usual due to the celebrations held. We do offer free earplugs to all guests so I hope these helped. All the best for your future travels, Nomads Team

great place to stay. no parking area.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • China

I have just been in Nomads in AKL so far. It was ok but nothing that I would say I was surprised about. But I really have to say I was just surprised about the location, cleanliness and security. I mean I have not expected that for 27 bucks and that we would have a own bathroom in a 8 dormitory. I can highly recommend this Nomads in Queenstown!

Big hostel but great location and good facilities. No free wifi but good cinema room.

Really enjoyed the stay here, stayed in a 6 bed female dorm which was tidy and clean. Our room backed onto a bar which was really noisey every night until the early hours of the morning but ear plugs are offered free at reception. Large kitchen and communal areas and good atmosphere, would defiantly stay again.

Stay here if you're looking for some great nights out. They have organised events almost every night (pub crawls, etc) so it's great if you want to have fun and are traveling alone. It's definitely in the perfect location in Queenstown too, and easy to book activities if you want to. Loved this town :)

I had a great time, my room was overbooked but they gladly helped me out by upgrading me! Wonderful customer service, facilities are modern and clean. Great location in Queenstown, definitely the hostel to be for partying. It can be a little loud at times, but that's the scene! I would definitely stay again, and recommend to others!

Great hostel! Super clean and great location. Only downside is the sad included breakfast (bread and spreads) and no free wifi :(

Everything was great! The only thing I would mention would be to eliminate the 2.5% surcharge for paying via credit card and also make the wi-fi free.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • JalalThompson

Overall the stay was ok and would probably return. Though the room was pretty darn messy, understandibly this was mainly the room mates faults. I was truly disappointed with the security though. I was woken by one of the girls in our mixed 6 bedroom dorm. There was an unknown young male standing in our room with no pants on. He was from a completely different room, unaware of where he was and how he got there. Very disappointed with the staffs reactions when informed of this, they just laughed

• 27th Nov 2014

Great location, rooms were great as were the showers. The free dinner and breakfast definitely makes the price more ecomical. On,y thing I'd say is where they're quite a few you get pack backers the kitchen can be untidy which is a shame

Thanks for your feedback and we're stoked you had a great stay with us! The kitchen can get a bit messy and sadly not all guests tidy up after themselves however we do have a team of Hostel Helpers constantly in the kitchen to keep it clean. Thanks again and all the best for your travels :)

only nice when you like a massive hostel

Really enjoyed my stay here! Nothing bad about it. Thumbs up!

« first « Prev 1 2 3