Nomads Queenstown Reviews

Church Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

They should pay more attention at cleaning, especially for the price of the beds

Staff were an extreme let down here. They act like you completely don't matter to them. Such a shame to be honest. Really good location and queenstown is such a cool place but I wouldn't recommend nomads to anyone.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Spacious and clean rooms, comfortable beds and noise from the street was not heard despite us having a room with a balcony overlooking the main strip. Free dinner and lots of events organised from the hostel made our stay memorable, so we will definitely recommend this hostel to friends who visit Queenstown!

Clean, perfect location, helpful staff

• 7th Feb 2015

The hostel facilities are quite good compared to the overall quality of other hostels in a busy city. Located right in the city center so it is very convenient to walk around. However, its kitchen is too small for its peak day with approximately 400 backpackers stay in. Above that, highly recommended!

I stayed in a private twin room with my friend. I think they upgraded us to a balcony room. It was like a hotel room (just smaller). Location is prime. Staff are great! Will most definitely recommend and stay again.

probably one of the best hostels ive ever stayed in. clean. new. staff were friendly. right on the beach of the lake. no curfew for leaving the command area. sociable as hell. met tons of people here. bike storage, and the safest in NZ (two door scans a lift and door lock to your bike). tons of night and day excursions. no brainier. stay here.

Rooms with their own clean bathrooms, what was excellent! Breakfast was ok, I missed something like muesli or fruits a little bit. The dinner wasn't that much, only a little bit for everybody, but what I had, was delicious! :) Location was great, not far from the lake and the shops ;)

Nice hostel with good room (though lack of a window a shame.) Great to have a kettle etc and TV in a hostel bedroom. Shame that Nomads doesn't have free wifi. You'd think that the bigger companies could afford what more independent hostels do. Clean, comfortable, and worth it for a night or 2.

Thanks for your feedback, we're glad you had a great stay with us. We are working on free wifi however due to the speed required for potentially 300 - 400 people on the same network we want to ensure the system is fast enough for the property needs before this is launched. (Imagine if we had slow free wifi, we would never hear the end of it!) :) We do have unlimited Global Gossip Wifi available for $4/24 hours and $12/weekly rate. Thanks again - all the best for your future travels

This place was great! Even has a movie theater and a sauna! Dorms even have a balcony!

• 5th Jan 2015

Fun town and the hostel in central and actuve. A great fit for a visit to Queenstown. The free supper was greatly appreciated on my 3rd night!

All absolutely fantastic, the people on the front desk where great to deal with and one of the guys helped me out in a time of need which made my day

Excellent location

• 29th Dec 2014

Hostel was very noisy and it was Dirichlet to sleep normally.

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you found the property to be noisy. New Years is an extremely busy time in Queenstown and one which the majority of guests are here to party and celebrate the New Year. We did have extra security staff on during this time however town was much noisier than usual due to the celebrations held. We do offer free earplugs to all guests so I hope these helped. All the best for your future travels, Nomads Team

great place to stay. no parking area.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • China

I have just been in Nomads in AKL so far. It was ok but nothing that I would say I was surprised about. But I really have to say I was just surprised about the location, cleanliness and security. I mean I have not expected that for 27 bucks and that we would have a own bathroom in a 8 dormitory. I can highly recommend this Nomads in Queenstown!

Big hostel but great location and good facilities. No free wifi but good cinema room.

Really enjoyed the stay here, stayed in a 6 bed female dorm which was tidy and clean. Our room backed onto a bar which was really noisey every night until the early hours of the morning but ear plugs are offered free at reception. Large kitchen and communal areas and good atmosphere, would defiantly stay again.

Stay here if you're looking for some great nights out. They have organised events almost every night (pub crawls, etc) so it's great if you want to have fun and are traveling alone. It's definitely in the perfect location in Queenstown too, and easy to book activities if you want to. Loved this town :)

I had a great time, my room was overbooked but they gladly helped me out by upgrading me! Wonderful customer service, facilities are modern and clean. Great location in Queenstown, definitely the hostel to be for partying. It can be a little loud at times, but that's the scene! I would definitely stay again, and recommend to others!

« first « Prev 1 2 3