Nomads Queenstown Reviews

Church Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

This is a large hostel with a lot of young, lively people. It is not your place if you are looking for a quiet, restful environment.

This hostel is very lively and my dorm was lovely with a nice ensuite bathroom. There was a lack of plug sockets however which would be handy and the wifi was expensive. I feel the wifi should be free, especially considering the price of the hostel compared to others in New Zealand which were better. The prices reflect Queenstown however, and the hostel is a good base for exploring the city.

Staff were unfriendly and unhelpful and quite rude. Lack of organisation

I would never stay here again. Rooms were gross. People clothes ND stuff everywhere.

The Dry Hostel means it's not as fun/rowdy as other hostels, perfect if you like your sleep, not so great if single and wanting to mingle or find a crew to hit bars with!

The hostel was clean and the four bed girls dorm we stayed in was really modern and warm (very important this time of year). There were lockers for valuables in the room and in our room there was a private bathroom which was also very clean. The downsides of this hostel is that the kitchen (in my opinion) is a bit small for the size of the hostel. Also there are a lot of kiwi experience guests, so its hard to make friends when there are a lot of large groups.The location is amazing.

Awesome place to stay for those who likes to meet some people during their stay. Staff is awesome as well. Great location, security never been this perfect. Go for it!

Great location. Good atmosphere. Reception were really, REALLY helpful and nice. One of the girls helped fix my phone - legend! (Thank you!) free breakfast was just toast and seemed to happen at a different time each morning. Bathrooms were cleaned at a weird time of morning so we always ended up having to shower on the floor above.

Loved the hostel, great environment and friendly staff. Great location.

• 6th May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Nomads is the bees knees, no but seriously it was an awesome experience. Excellent location right in town, super close to everything. The staff was super helpful and very nice. The travel/booking area in the lobby was ridiculously helpful exploring the many pamphlets of adventures queenstown has to offer. I have nothing but high praise for their reccommendations as well. The facilities are new, and were very clean which I used, as a caveat I was in a private room.

I actually loved this hostel. My.only issues were that you had to pay for the Internet and wifi and that there was no storage space in my room. I was in a room of 6 beds and 4 of the girls knew each other and had taken the liberty to throw their stuff EVERYWHERE and I had to place my bag in a 1 foot area of space at the foot of my bunk bed stairs. Im sad my stay was hindered by these 4 teenage girls. Other than that, this hostel is fantastic!

Nomads was clean and very organized, and is a well-oiled machine. If you want a hostel that will help you make bookings, do the "classic" Queenstown experiences (e.g. Ice Bar), etc., then Nomads is the place to be. However, Nomads also feels very impersonal and lacks any charm. Just your cut-and-dry here-to-sell-you-things kind of hostel; nothing much else to say about personality.

Amazing!!!

• 17th Apr 2015

It was fine. The common areas were crowded but functional. The dorms had individual lights for the bunks and small lockable cabinets.

• 17th Apr 2015

Excellent hostel in an amazing town: Wonderfully friendly staff, clean rooms, free breakfast and dinner, great location. The common room has a fireplace and feels very cozy. Ended up staying over a week, and I'd go back again right now. Bit of a bummer it's a dry hostel, but there are plenty of bars around.

great hostel and all in good shape

One of the best hostels in New Zealand! A nice fireplace and directly in the centre of Queenstown. The staff is really friendly and everything is clean. I definitely recommend Nomads in Queenstown!

Perfect location and great facilities. This is a very busy hostel but clean and staff are very friendly and happy to help. I'd stay again for sure!

No open window in the dorm. Too hot at nights and very claustrophobic. Having to pay for a wifi option is a money maker should be included. The daily charges were high and didnt even work very well.

Only thing was that the fuse blew in the middle of the night and there was no light. I went down to reception first thing and had to repeat the room number twice and the girl still checked the wrong room and had to go check the fuses again.