Nomads Queenstown Reviews

Church Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

I was a little disappointed because the last time I stayed at Nomands, it was the best experience I'd ever had. Perfect all around. But this time, the room and bathroom were absolutely disgusting. The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a month, and the room smelled like a combo of feet and rotten food. Its a great hostel, and would recommend to others, was just a bit let down this time around.

Hi Ashley, thanks for your feedback and we're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience as much as the first time - we clean the bathrooms daily as well as a deep clean twice a week to ensure they are kept to standard however sadly sometimes guests do leave a mess which isn't cleaned immediately. I have passed this feeeback onto our HK to ensure we spend some more time in these areas of concern. All the best for the rest of your travels :)

The bathroom were so clean, thank you!

Thanks Monica, stoked you found our bathrooms to be very clean!

Nomads is a very clean and comfortable hostel, with really helpful staff. In a very central location. Whilst I was there they served free breakfast and a small dinner which was great. However this is a party hostel and so is noisy at night time, particularly on the first floor.

They should pay more attention at cleaning, especially for the price of the beds

Hi Louise, thanks for your feedback. We have a team of cleaners on 24 hours per day who constantly clean our communal areas such as the kitchen and bathrooms as well as housekeeping for the rooms during the day. Sadly not everyone cleans up after themselves so there can be temporary mess however our awesome team of Nomads Helpers keep ontop of this. Glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay and the amazing place that is Queenstown. All the best for your future travels :)

Staff were an extreme let down here. They act like you completely don't matter to them. Such a shame to be honest. Really good location and queenstown is such a cool place but I wouldn't recommend nomads to anyone.

Hi Emilie thanks for your feedback, I am sorry to hear you did not find the staff to be helpful. I have emailed you directly for further information as this feedback is very unusual - as per our other reviews our staff are usually the highest rated part of our property. Our guests are of most importance to us, we provide free activities, free meals, free drinks and everything possible to make sure their stay is the best one they could have possibly have in Queenstown.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Spacious and clean rooms, comfortable beds and noise from the street was not heard despite us having a room with a balcony overlooking the main strip. Free dinner and lots of events organised from the hostel made our stay memorable, so we will definitely recommend this hostel to friends who visit Queenstown!

Clean, perfect location, helpful staff

• 7th Feb 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave yur feedback. We love our hostel and are so happy to hear that you do too. Our staff take great pride in their customer service and are glad to hear they exceeded your expectations. We hope the rest of your travels around our beautiful country are going well and we hope to see you again in the future. :)

The hostel facilities are quite good compared to the overall quality of other hostels in a busy city. Located right in the city center so it is very convenient to walk around. However, its kitchen is too small for its peak day with approximately 400 backpackers stay in. Above that, highly recommended!

Thanks for your feedback and we're stoked to hear you enjoyed your stay. As our kitchen is on the smaller side for occupancy of 300 we introduced the free light brekkie and dinner to take the impact off the kitchen (and as an added freebie for our awesome guests if they're on a budget) however this can get rather busy during peak feeding hours :) We're stoked to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us - all the best for your future travels. Nomads Crew

I stayed in a private twin room with my friend. I think they upgraded us to a balcony room. It was like a hotel room (just smaller). Location is prime. Staff are great! Will most definitely recommend and stay again.

probably one of the best hostels ive ever stayed in. clean. new. staff were friendly. right on the beach of the lake. no curfew for leaving the command area. sociable as hell. met tons of people here. bike storage, and the safest in NZ (two door scans a lift and door lock to your bike). tons of night and day excursions. no brainier. stay here.

Rooms with their own clean bathrooms, what was excellent! Breakfast was ok, I missed something like muesli or fruits a little bit. The dinner wasn't that much, only a little bit for everybody, but what I had, was delicious! :) Location was great, not far from the lake and the shops ;)

Nice hostel with good room (though lack of a window a shame.) Great to have a kettle etc and TV in a hostel bedroom. Shame that Nomads doesn't have free wifi. You'd think that the bigger companies could afford what more independent hostels do. Clean, comfortable, and worth it for a night or 2.

Thanks for your feedback, we're glad you had a great stay with us. We are working on free wifi however due to the speed required for potentially 300 - 400 people on the same network we want to ensure the system is fast enough for the property needs before this is launched. (Imagine if we had slow free wifi, we would never hear the end of it!) :) We do have unlimited Global Gossip Wifi available for $4/24 hours and $12/weekly rate. Thanks again - all the best for your future travels

This place was great! Even has a movie theater and a sauna! Dorms even have a balcony!

• 5th Jan 2015

Fun town and the hostel in central and actuve. A great fit for a visit to Queenstown. The free supper was greatly appreciated on my 3rd night!

All absolutely fantastic, the people on the front desk where great to deal with and one of the guys helped me out in a time of need which made my day

Excellent location

• 29th Dec 2014

Hostel was very noisy and it was Dirichlet to sleep normally.

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you found the property to be noisy. New Years is an extremely busy time in Queenstown and one which the majority of guests are here to party and celebrate the New Year. We did have extra security staff on during this time however town was much noisier than usual due to the celebrations held. We do offer free earplugs to all guests so I hope these helped. All the best for your future travels, Nomads Team

great place to stay. no parking area.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • China

I have just been in Nomads in AKL so far. It was ok but nothing that I would say I was surprised about. But I really have to say I was just surprised about the location, cleanliness and security. I mean I have not expected that for 27 bucks and that we would have a own bathroom in a 8 dormitory. I can highly recommend this Nomads in Queenstown!

Big hostel but great location and good facilities. No free wifi but good cinema room.