Nomads Queenstown Reviews

Church Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

Great facilities and location to the waterfront.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your feedback, so happy you had a great stay with us at Nomads Queenstown. We appreciate your feedback and all the best for your future travels - hope to see you in Queenstown again one day! Kindest regards

Myself and my sister both Oaps stayed at hostel for three nights It was in a very convenient spot and was every bits as good as a good hotel The room and ensuite were excellent Only one thing to be slightly aware of if poor sleepers is that the hostel is near to Queenstown night life so Saturday night was a little noisey til early hours other wise highly recommended

• 14th Nov 2013

Dear Kathleen, Thanks for your feedback, so happy you had a great stay with us at Nomads Queenstown. The bar noise is a constant work in progress and we are always working with them to keep the noise to a minimum and appreciate your feedback. We appreciate your feedback and all the best for your future travels - hope to see you in Queenstown again one day! Kindest regards

Kitchen should be cleaned more often. Apart from that very good place, centrally located (downside is that you hear all the nightlife of Queenstown below your window).

Hello, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and wish you all the best for your future travels. I have spoken with the staff to ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen is kept on top of on a daily basis. Look forward to having you back again one day :) Kind regards Management @ Nomads Queenstown

Perfect located close to all major points in Queenstown. Friendly staff. The hostel is just really really big, so not really cosy.

Hello, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and wish you all the best for your future travels. Look forward to having you back again. Kind regards Management @V Nomads Queenstown

Very clean, helpful staff, good location, hot showers, comfy beds - would recommend, just ashame wifi isn't included

My favourite hostel in the world!! Great location with good facilities and ideal to explore Queenstown. I stayed at the same hostel on a RTW trip in 2009 and the hostel has maintained it's high standards. I travelled with my wife this time and we had a double room with facilities which would match a good quality hotel. Top marks all round!!!

This was the best hostel I've stayed at. The movie theatre and the sauna were a great asset when it snowed in Qtown. The staff at the reception were friendly and very efficient. There was never a queue.

Very nice hostel, seems more like a hotel but the sink in bathroom was too short, we culd'n wash the teeth without throuwing out water. The breakfast offered as courtesy was nothing more than bread and margarine and also the dinner offered if arriving 5 minutes late, forget it!

Missed the free dinner and the front office didnt check if we have paid the deposit for the second day, but all other are goods. :)

All good except the front office forgot to deduct the payment for our second day stay there with deposit. But all settled good and nicely because we brought the confirmation (we also forgot we already have paid deposit for the second day).

they have a free breakfast and dinner which is good! :)

Such a cool place to stay! The staff were so friendly and were keen to get everyone involved in the activities (drinking, hiking) Perfect location! Couldn't say anything bad about this place!

Was a lovely experience though they can improvise on the breakfast that they serve. They can do a little better than just bread butter and jam. Not even a cup of tea was served.

Staff is incredible, this nomads is so much better than some of the others we have stayed at. Bathrooms are clean, and they look newly renovated. Awesome atmosphere and people all around, so close to amazing bars. Balconies on each room, free toast and jam for barely with tea or coffee, and a small free dinner ever night. I wouldn't stay anywhere else :)

• 28th Sep 2013

great hostel, clean, good atmosphere, friendly staff, awesome facilities, great location

Fantastic location, I stayed in a six bed female room with ensuite which was brilliant. I am slightly older than the normal crowd (35) but couldn't fault the place.

just like to thank nomads for a sick stay in nz , wish i could bring all the chicky babes back into my room though aha and thanks for posting my snow jacket back to me super stoked about that thanks heaps queens nomads !!!!! peace

• 8th Sep 2013

Nice place. People who stay here are typical winter sports types and there is a danger that cliques occur. Staff are cool though. Queenstown is pretty cool with lots going on. People take advantage of the relaxed drinking in public before 10pm then go into the bars/clubs etc. Really good as this hostel is DRY! If you need to shop for food go to the supermarket Alpine on the hill and NOT the blue and yellow shops in the centre! RIP OFF! I got ill from using the dirty pans in kitchen! Don't use!

Hi, Thanks for your feedback Darren. It's unfortunate to hear you were ill during your time at Nomads. The pans are there for all to use and it's each persons responsibility to ensure they clean and do their dishes. I would suggest if the pan was dirty, to either clean it or advise one of our staff and we would of definitely made sure you had a clean pan to cook with. So happy you appreciated the dry hostel atmosphere. All the best. Kind regards, Management @ Nomads Queenstown

Another great Nomads hostel. Central location, its got probably the best bathrooms in a New Zealand hostel and the lounge area is proper cozy. Dorms are a decent size and its always nice to have a balcony with a great view. Unless you like eating with a spoon you might want to bring your own cutlery though!

The hostel was very well located, just a very short walk from the centre and great views from the lake. Also the staff were very helpful eg booking tours and advice about what to do around the area. Would very much reccomend staying here to anyone.

• 26th Aug 2013