Nomads Queenstown Reviews

Church Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

Fun town and the hostel in central and actuve. A great fit for a visit to Queenstown. The free supper was greatly appreciated on my 3rd night!

All absolutely fantastic, the people on the front desk where great to deal with and one of the guys helped me out in a time of need which made my day

Excellent location

• 29th Dec 2014

Hostel was very noisy and it was Dirichlet to sleep normally.

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you found the property to be noisy. New Years is an extremely busy time in Queenstown and one which the majority of guests are here to party and celebrate the New Year. We did have extra security staff on during this time however town was much noisier than usual due to the celebrations held. We do offer free earplugs to all guests so I hope these helped. All the best for your future travels, Nomads Team

Good Hostel. Only there for one night. Front desk were excellent.

great place to stay. no parking area.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • China

I have just been in Nomads in AKL so far. It was ok but nothing that I would say I was surprised about. But I really have to say I was just surprised about the location, cleanliness and security. I mean I have not expected that for 27 bucks and that we would have a own bathroom in a 8 dormitory. I can highly recommend this Nomads in Queenstown!

Big hostel but great location and good facilities. No free wifi but good cinema room.

Really enjoyed the stay here, stayed in a 6 bed female dorm which was tidy and clean. Our room backed onto a bar which was really noisey every night until the early hours of the morning but ear plugs are offered free at reception. Large kitchen and communal areas and good atmosphere, would defiantly stay again.

Stay here if you're looking for some great nights out. They have organised events almost every night (pub crawls, etc) so it's great if you want to have fun and are traveling alone. It's definitely in the perfect location in Queenstown too, and easy to book activities if you want to. Loved this town :)

I had a great time, my room was overbooked but they gladly helped me out by upgrading me! Wonderful customer service, facilities are modern and clean. Great location in Queenstown, definitely the hostel to be for partying. It can be a little loud at times, but that's the scene! I would definitely stay again, and recommend to others!

Stayed here in December, the hostel is really nice has a big common area with a pool table and a nice kitchen to cook your own meals. Dorms were nice and the baths were clean. Would recommend this place

Great hostel! Super clean and great location. Only downside is the sad included breakfast (bread and spreads) and no free wifi :(

Everything was great! The only thing I would mention would be to eliminate the 2.5% surcharge for paying via credit card and also make the wi-fi free.

Overall the stay was ok and would probably return. Though the room was pretty darn messy, understandibly this was mainly the room mates faults. I was truly disappointed with the security though. I was woken by one of the girls in our mixed 6 bedroom dorm. There was an unknown young male standing in our room with no pants on. He was from a completely different room, unaware of where he was and how he got there. Very disappointed with the staffs reactions when informed of this, they just laughed

• 27th Nov 2014

Great location, rooms were great as were the showers. The free dinner and breakfast definitely makes the price more ecomical. On,y thing I'd say is where they're quite a few you get pack backers the kitchen can be untidy which is a shame

Thanks for your feedback and we're stoked you had a great stay with us! The kitchen can get a bit messy and sadly not all guests tidy up after themselves however we do have a team of Hostel Helpers constantly in the kitchen to keep it clean. Thanks again and all the best for your travels :)

only nice when you like a massive hostel

Really enjoyed my stay here! Nothing bad about it. Thumbs up!

Pros - Clean - Good location Cons - Staff ignored us standing outside the door on arrival (could only be opened with keycard), despite seeing us there - No free wifi - Very noisy, right next to club with loud music playing well into the night

Thanks for your feedback Vivien. We do lock the doors for security in the evenings and apologies you had to wait, we have a very friendly team on reception and the night team would definitely never deliberately ignore guests - I imagine they must have been busy with others at this time and will make sure to follow up on this. Currently we do not offer free wifi however have a low rate for high speed wifi offered until we can provide this service. Thanks again and all the best for your travels.

Nomads was in a good location in Queenstown, however it's sheer size made it impersonal and a little unpleasant for a hostel. Free dinner and breakfast was offered, on a first-come, first-served basis. The kitchen, however, was incredibly dirty, which made it difficult to cook anything anyway. Even preparing toast in the morning was a little ominous. Staff didn't seem too enthused with their jobs either. Overall, average hostel experience, a little overpriced in our opinion.

Hi Cameron, thanks for your feedback. We are a large hostel in central Queenstown and although we're big we do our best to offer guests a fun, social time. We have free daily and nightly activities for guests to meet each other and large communal areas to hang out in. Although we have cleaners in the kitchen constantly sadly not all guests clean up after themselves which is a real shame for others as you found. We hope you had a great time in Queenie, all the best for your travels.