Nomads St Kilda Beach Reviews

24 Grey Street, St. Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

10/10 would come back!!

• 12th May 2015

Nomads St Kilda Beach was amazing! I had a blast and the staff made me feel right at home. Clean facilities and super close to the heart of st kilda. The atmosphere in the hostel was fantastic and I met loads of cool people (which is always nice if your a solo traveler.) I will definitely stay there again if im back in melbourne, and ill always remember the late nights on the rooftop. Thanks so much guys!!

• 6th May 2015

Nomads St Kilda is a great hostel just off Fitzroy street in St Kilda. The staff are pretty awesome people which really made my stay, they're a social bunch who are always there to help or give you a few tips of where to go and what to see around Melbourne. I personally loved it because of the setting in big Victorian house, high ceilings and heaps of character. Plus, the place has a spacious kitchen (with free rice, coffee, tea and coffee!) laundry facilities and a TV room.

• 5th May 2015

Best hostel in Melbourne! Great atmosphere and people.

• 5th May 2015

Second time back to the Coffee Palace. Came back to stay with my friends from the first time. Awesome rooftop area where everyone hangs out, easy to meet people (especially girls LOL) Awsome free meals and the pub crawl was sick. Sticking for the winter, there seems to be a heap of work through their job club.

• Scotland

Nomades st kilda is a cosy awesome place ! It is like a big family, every one knows everyone, The staff is also amazing ! I really enjoyed it, but i will definitely come back!! Love youuuuuu ❤️❤️

• 5th May 2015

Got upgraded to a 6 share with en suite which was huge and very clean. Kitchen and bathrooms are all clean and showers were hot (yay)! Awesome staff who are more than happy to help, Emily in the travel shop sorted all my transport for me and scored me some sweet deals! Was lovely to have some drinks on the roof top and you get free meals cooked for you a couple of times a week and who doesn't love free food?!?!

• 19th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel, wonderful staff! Love the free meals.

Thank you for your wonderful review! We hope you enjoyed the meals and hope to see you again! Love from the Nomads Crew

Ash on reception as manager and Emily from the travel shop made my stay AWESOME !! they both were so helpful and friendly!!

• 11th Apr 2015

Wow! Both Ashleigh and Emily are very glad to read your feedback, they are definitely doing a great job! Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again! Love from the Nomads Crew

really chilled place and good vibes for going out.

Thank you so much for your review! We always try to keep those awesome vibes and atmosphere up. Glad you enjoyed your stay, we'll see you again soon! Love from the Nomads Crew

The staff at coffee palace were very helpful. The rooms were the cleanest I have stayed in in any hostel. Decent mattresses too! A functional kitchen which was open till late. Emily at the Mad Travel Shop was really helpful. I would really reccomend this place and trams into the CBD were only 20 mins away..

• 7th Apr 2015

The people were great! There's three free meals during the week and free pasta and rice in the kitchen. The outside rooftop had a great atmosphere, and the drinks were cheap! Even though the weather was pretty bad, it was awesome to be right next to the beach too.

• 1st Apr 2015

Thanks for taking your time to write us a great review. We are glad you enjoyed the free meals! We are working on making a free meal available most nights and hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we'll see you again! Love from the Nomads Crew

I do not normally write reviews but I felt compelled to after staying at The Coffee Palace. The staff are incredible!! Having recently become a lone traveller the staff made me feel like part of the family, instantly. Free food night was amazing, a delicious Thai green curry. Fantastic location and so easy to get around the city by tram. Renovations are currently taking place and it will only make The Coffee Palace even better... I will return!

Wow! What an awesome review, thank you! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. With all the renovations we have made such a huge improvement and it will only keep getting better! Hopefully we will see you again soon! Love from the Nomads Crew

I recently stayed at Coffee Palace for a girls weekend. Located in a charming building in the heart of St Kilda within steps of the beach, bars/restaurants & a tram that ran directly to the Melbourne CBD. Yes, the building is in the midst of a massive renovation - but the staff went above and beyond to ensure our stay was comfortable. Facilities were reliable, tourist information and advice readily available & a free bbq on Sunday to top it off! Special mentions to staff Yeboah, Jordan and Kim.

• 27th Mar 2015

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you found the staff accommodating and friendly, they are definitely an awesome team! Yeboah, Jordan and Kim are super happy with your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and will see you again soon! Love from the Nomads Crew

Nice to see improvements since the last time I stayed. Really enjoyed yoga and the free meal was pretty great. Met some great crew on the rooftop. Probably going to stay on their weekly rate when I get back from the Great Ocean Road. Pretty good deal. Bar Crawl was ace

• 25th Mar 2015

Toilets were blocked for are full stay. Showers well if you would call them that only one working on are floor. And not in a fit state to use!!! 8 bed dorm with 1socket! Not a very good place to say at all...

• 14th Mar 2015

Hey There! Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive stay at the Coffee Palace. We are under huge renovations at the moment to fix up this beautiful old building. Bathrooms are next on the list! Hopefully next time you are back in sunny St Kilda, you can come check out our new improved hostel. Love the Coffee Crew!

The worst hostel ever!!! Rooms and bathrooms are dirty, the whole place stinks and the staff is incompentent (took them 20 mins to do the check-in)!

Hey there! Thank you for the review. We have a brand new housekeeping manager who is going to make sure the Coffee Palace is gleaming to the best of it's ability. We do need to train new reception staff from time to time. Thank you for your patience while they are learning. Love the Coffee Crew!

The staff were quite friendly, but sometimes they were very busy at reception and we had to wait about 20 minutes just to pay for another night. Pretty cool hostel, good location right by transit in St. Kilda, right near a supermarket. Lots of nice people there, not too loud at night, we definitely got a good sleep. I'd definitely recommend this hostel, but it is just a bit pricy for our budget so we could only stay a couple nights before we switched to something cheaper.

staff , cleanliness, value for money ( very expensive, do no apply member reductions, ) never seen a so bad hostel

Thanks for staying with us at the Coffee Palace. Our rates sometimes go up on the weekends for big events in St Kilda and Melbourne. I can see that you stayed over one of these weekends. I hope you can come back and stay with again soon so you can see all the improvements that we've made! Love from the Coffee Crew!

Two kettles in the kitchen: neither work. Showers: not enough of them. Dirty. Water temp changes from 5 degrees to 95 degrees in seconds. Laundry: closed from 6am til 6pm. Ridiculous. Staff: I extended for 2 extra nights as had limited choice elsewhere. When I came to check in was told no reservation had been made. Thankfully there was a spare bed. Location: good for access to st Kilda but on a street full of druggies, prostitutes and alcoholics.

• 27th Feb 2015

Hey There! Thank you for your review! We are in the middle of huge renovations and bathrooms and kitchen are top of the list! We now have industrial washers and dryers so laundry is available to guests 24/7. Hope that you can come back to St Kilda soon and check out our improvements. Love the Coffee Crew!