6.9
Good 197 Total Reviews
6.9
Good 197 Total Reviews
Nomads St Kilda Beach Located at 24 Grey Street, St. Kilda, Melbourne.
Australia
Melbourne Victoria 3182 24 Grey Street, St. Kilda
69% 197
-37.8602681 144.9782947
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 31-40
28th Apr 2016

This hostel keeps getting better!! I've stayed here a couple of times in the last year so I've noticed the changes with the renovations! The new bathroom is fab! Very clean and modern!! The handsome Swedish guy on reception was super helpful and gave me a free upgrade to a smaller dorm :) I'll definitely be back again to see the rest of the changes!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Apr 2016

Had a great stay at Nomads St Kilda. Staff were super friendly and very helpful as I had never been in Melbourne before. It was easy to find and close to transport. I felt very safe and the hostel was providing free meals every night which was awesome . I would definitely come back next time.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
25th Apr 2016
8.0

Best hostel in St Kilda, I made friends for life. Had a wicked time, would definitely come back. Such a good atmosphere in the hostel. They were doing free meals every night which was great as it brought everyone together and made it easy to make new friends. They had a really cool rooftop and newly renovated showers and toilets. I definitely recommend it to everyone

• Germany, Female, 18-24
25th Apr 2016

Nomads St Kilda was an awesome place to stay. I intended to stay for just a few nights but ended staying for 2 weeks. The staff at the hostel were really helpful and friendly to me which made my stay more enjoyable. The blonde tall guy, I think he was a manager, gave me a free upgrade which was super nice as I had never stayed in a hostel before. I intend to come back soon ☺

• England, Male, 25-30
6th Apr 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at nomads, the staff were friendly and helpful, there was plenty going on including a pub crawl and a free BBQ which had chicken skewers and watermelon as well as the usual, it's a very clean hostel with cheap rates and a great atmosphere, if your in st Kilda stay there

• Germany, Female, 18-24
1st Apr 2016
6.0

Locaation is alright u can reach city with tram in 10 minutes, and there is beach just 5 minutes walking distance. Staff is quite young but with right questions everythings alright. Room is not bad, not too small but beds dont have sometimes fresh sheets. Showers r just in first level hot, rest is cols, but when u know it, thats altight. Toilets r not the cleanest but seen worse than that. There r no lockers so security not the best. Met nice people( my luck) but was a nice atmosphere

• svmwilliams
  • England, Female, 25-30
31st Mar 2016
4.6

Poor kitchen, poor rooftop, poor dining area. The whole place had bad vibes, staff are arrogant and stuck up. The place is very clicky and the location is terrible. Just avoid this place like the plague.

31st Mar 2016
7.1

I stayed in a private room with my partner for a few nights and a dorm for a few more, pretty clean place and most of the staff are good. The British girl with brown hair at the desk (sorry never got your name!) is a rock star. The beds were really bad though, the double bed we had broke when I sat on it and the dorm bunks were also shakey, squeaky, and one had a piece swinging by the hinges.

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Mar 2016

It's a cool place to stay, pretty well located, just a walk to the beach and directly across the road from the tram to the city centre. The security's pretty good, there's no lockers in the room, but I didn't feel I needed one. The staff are friendly and there's a great atmosphere, for just chilling or going out. Sun-Thurs there's free food! BBQ, Chilli, curries etc... I'd recommend to friends. The food,place,atmosphere. It's worth the money.

18th Mar 2016
3.4

For gods sake avoid. The most disorganised hostel I've been in. They either try to charge an arm and a leg for a run down bed, or nothing at all. And if you actually try to pay, you have to hunt them down. Keys doesn't work half the time and reception seems more into trying to join parties than their job. Oh and the proper response to that a bed clearly has dirty sheets is not "I don't have to do anything about it". And for gods sake get your ID back when checking in. Oh, and no hot water. Ever.

Hi there, I'm sorry it felt that way about our reception. I appreciate the feedback, These points will be brought up at the next staff meeting and we will set to retrain any staff we believe could use a little more experience. As for the hot water, We have a brand new, deluxe system installed and I can say with certainty I've never experienced the same problem. We shall set out to find if any of the other rooms are suffering the same problem. thanks for the heads up. Thanks for your time in reviewing. NSKB