Nomads St Kilda Beach Reviews

24 Grey Street, St. Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Poor kitchen supplies and very busy kitchen with almost not space for storage. Clean rooms but toilets not so much. Very frienldy staff. Noisy.

• 5th Feb 2016

I got a free upgrade from a 16 bed to a 6 bed. The room was okay sized and clean, although we had a big window and two fans, it still got hot in there - I think it caught the midday sun. The wifi was good, although there wasn't enough cutlery in the kitchen. It is well placed in St Kilda although it is quite far from the CBD.

The atmosphere at the hostel was really good, but a bit noisy because our room was close to the kitchen and there it was really loud music playing all night long. We stayed there for 5 days and no one cleaned our room.. There were trash all over the floor.. The hostel was pretty clear about the no drugs policy, but it seemed like no one cared because if u went up to the rooftop everyone was smoking weed! Alot of nice people there though!!

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to review! Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere, we strive to create a very warm and welcoming vibe! We have a strict no drug policy, and anyone caught with illegal substances is evicted immediately. Unfortunately, our Receptionists are very busy during the summer period and can't always make the rounds to the rooftop, but when alerted to issues they are fast to deal with them! We have recently implemented strict rules regarding music in the communal areas to be switched off at midnight, so unfortunately you may have missed that. We hope to have you back soon with us! Safe travels! NSKB Crew

One of the best hostels I've stayed @ so far! Great atmosphere for making friends & they have an awesome rooftop! It has improved a lot since I last stayed here, but the kitchen could look better and get some lockers for dorms though. Aand staff is super friendly & helpful (the new girl from Texas is amazeballs!).

Great that you can drink at the rooftop. Apart from that there are no lockers, rooms are open all the time, kitchen is dirty and many things are broken and the staff can be a little rude. And no, I'm not a little whiner.

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to review! Glad you loved the rooftop, we think it's a great little gem in St Kilda! As for lockers, when our new beds come this summer every individual will have their own locker beneath their bunk! We're really looking forward to those! And we're currently in the process of renovating our kitchen and dining area, it's next to be completed! We hope you come back when all our refurbs are complete! Safe travels!

Had a great stay at Nomads St Kilda!

• 25th Jan 2016

Awesome! We're so glad to hear that! Hopefully we'll see you back here soon! - NSKB Crew!

Dirty and noisy dorm Free wifi Nice atmosphere and staff

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to review us! We're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and staff! We pride ourselves on these things! Sorry to hear your negativity about your dorm room. We currently have a really strong Housekeeping team who are really hot and making sure al our dorms look amazing! As for the noise, it seems you were just unfortunate to be in with some party goers! Down at Reception we try and keep everyone happy, so when we have space we'll always try and get you into smaller rooms! Safe travels, NSKB crew!

We enjoyed our stay here so much because the staff and people staying are so fun and relaxed. It's close by the beach and walking distance to many other things. We liked it so much we booked another week.

The rooms aren't exactly clean and the whole place leaves much to be desired. That said the reception staff are great!

hi! Thanks for the great staff review :D Sorry you felt that way regarding the rest of your stay. We actually have the rooms cleaned daily and pride ourselves on having up to date facilities so im not entirely sure where we went wrong during the time you stayed. I hope you find what you are looking for! Kind regards, NSKB

Need's more fans or preferably A/C and then we're golden :) Maybe a locker or two aswell! You as people are brilliant though so good work :D

• 7th Jan 2016
  • GipsyJaeger

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to review. We do have a tonne of fans, they seem to always move between rooms though. I don't know, maybe it's a ghost who moves them about or something but I think you're right. Coincidentally we are having new beds installed shortly which each have their own locker! ...can't wait. Hopefully see you back here soon. Nskb

Great location with beach and bars/restaurants close by. Tram stop right near hostel. Really nice and clean bathroom - just been refurbished. Staff really friendly and helpful.

• 5th Jan 2016

Thanks for taking the time to review. We are really lucky for our location and that we have new bathrooms too. I hope your travels are going well and that you come stay with us again! Have fun adventures! See you soon! NSKB

I booked three nights from 31st December - 3rd January and only spent one night in the hostel. In my room there was five men and two fans to supposedly cool the room down. It was around 38 degrees during the day so the hostel room was unbearable during the day when going back to get changed and so hot at night I was lying in a pool of sweat. I checked out the next day without any refund or any sort of discount off the full price of $48-49 per night. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Hi there, sorry to hear this was the case for you. I think you may have been in one of our rooms that cops the midday sun. While this is something we sympathize with greatly there is not a great deal we can do about the positioning of the building. Having said that we are ALWAYS happy to move you into another room which is more suiting and there are loads of those which remain cool throughout the day. Perhaps this would have been more to your liking and certainly in future, if you ask you will receive. Anyway, sorry again, I hope your travels are going soundly. NSKB

Staff were really nices, the price was good and it was a very safe hostel with a bell system at the door to stop people from just walking in. We booked our east coast at the travel shop and the guy was awesome saved us $600 compared to Peterpans! We really liked the roof top area as we could just go up and chill!

• 29th Dec 2015

Hey! Thanks for reviewing, It's always nice to hear back from people who loved their stay! Come stay any time :D:D NSKB

We arrived at around midnight on a Saturday. The place was like a crack den. There were people lay spaced out and off there face all round the corridors we had to walk over them. people were fighting at the front door and there had to be a bouncer on the door which didn't fill us with confidence. No lockers. The staff said any valuables you could leave with them but I wouldn't be happy trusting them. They weren't very helpful and there was a female blonde haired member of staff who was v.rude.

Not enough cutlery amd cups

Thanks for taking the time to review! We're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and the location of our hostel! We strive to create a warm environment for all of our guests! Due to this review we ensured we ordered heaps more cutlery and cups! Thanks for choosing to stay with us!

Very very dirty kitchen. So disgusting! Although the bathroom is totally new, clean and very nice.

Thanks for the review! We currently now have 3 kitchen cleaners purely for evening shifts, and have hired more kitchen staff throughout the day to keep on top of this issue! We are loving our new bathroom too! Soon all of our bathrooms will be this snazzy which is extremely exciting! We hope to see you back in St Kilda soon! NSKB crew!

It was more a place for people who want to stay longer than just a couple of nights. It looked like some of the guests lived in the hostel. I stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was a huge mess. My bed was not clean, they forgot to change the bedsheets, I had no pillow and the bunk bed was so old that I was afraid it would break down. I am used to hostels and I stayed at a few in Australia and this was one of the worst when you think of the value for your money!!

Hey! Sorry to hear about your negative experience of our hostel! We try our best to keep our long-term guests separate from our general walk ins, as they do tend to make themselves comfortable as a lot of them are working backpackers! We do, however, have a bigger population of short term guests, I'm sorry you were unlucky with your experience! We have a strong Housekeeping team right now who are very particular and ensure a super high standard of cleanliness! We hope you will come back to St Kilda soon!

Please get some lockers or drawers in the rooms - the rooms never get properly deep cleaned because peoples' stuff is out and staff don't want to throw it away. Also it would be nice to have somewhere secure to put things. You should tell people at the time of booking if they will have to be in separate rooms. Please sort out the cupboards and fridges, lots of old food in these. Wifi often didn't work. Very helpful front desk staff - thank you so much!

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to review! We have BRAND new bunk beds coming this summer with lockable storage for each guest! We are super excited about this, and believe this will really solve the issue with guests wanting to lock away valuables. We do also offer that we can lock valuable behind Reception too! We always try to ensure bookings made together stay together, it is simply unfortunate if at the time of booking we are incredibly busy some bookings have to be moved. Our dining and communal area is up for total renovation soon, and we ensure that our cupboards and fridges are cleaned out AT LEAST once a week to stop this issue. We pride ourselves on our lovely little Reception crew, so thank you so much! We hope to have you back in St Kilda soon!

Nicely renovated dorms and friendly staff. The kitchen is in dire need of an overhaul though, pretty uninviting, cramped, broken hobs, and the sink was almost constantly filled with dirty dishes in dirty water and not a clean tea towel once in my week there.

Hey there! Thanks for the review! We are currently in the process of renovating the entire building, so we're super happy you enjoyed our dorms and our delightful staff! Our kitchen is next up to be renovated, so when that's under way we should have a kitchen as swanky to match our awesome dorm rooms! We have a whole new bunch of Housekeepers now who are spot on with completing their duties and going beyond! We hope to see you back in St Kilda soon! NSKB Crew

Was in a 12 bed mixed w/ ensuit (not my first 12+ room either) Never seen such a messy crammed dorm before in all the hostels I've been in! Bathroom was disgusting, door didn't lock. Don't think that room was ever cleaned. My sheets were dirty, kitchen was filthy and so was everything else. My room door was constantly left open and no one had any consideration for keeping quiet in the room. Or even keeping their stuff tidy, had to jump over people's things to get to my bed. :(

« first « Prev 1 2 3