Fabulous 227 Total Reviews
Fabulous 227 Total Reviews
Nomads St Kilda Beach Located at 24 Grey Street, St. Kilda, Melbourne.
Australia
Melbourne Victoria 3182 24 Grey Street, St. Kilda
83% 227
-37.8602681 144.9782947
    Rooms available

2nd Sep 2016
5.1

Unprofessional staff. The made me wait 3 hours for the check in. Then they made me change my room 2 times because they were changing the beds. It was a mess. Then I realized I was paying 4 dollars more by paying directly in the hostel instead of booking it by hostal world. 4 dollars per night! That's lot! The room was dark and had just one little window, so it was pretty smelly. Old bathrooms. No way I'm staying here again neither recomend it to anyone.

29th Aug 2016
7.4

Arrived at 11.30pm to the wrong room, no linen and in the morning a cold shower, so not the best start. However, credit to Jordan the manager who helped me not only change rooms without a fuss, but gave me my money back for the entire stay. Top customer service and exceeded my expectations. New beds with storage are being added which is good and on the whole a great hostel. Free dinner as well. St kilda in winter isn't the best place to be, but the hostel was good enough for 3 nights.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. All credit goes to to our super handsome Jordan, for sorting out your booking and arranged a refunded. That was very generous of him. The free dinner is always a hit for anyone on a low budget. Hope you enjoyed your stay! Kind regards NSKB

27th Aug 2016

Great location. We were upgraded to a private room with an ensuite (normally a 6-person room but two of the bunks were removed). I don't think we would've liked a multi-person room as there were no lockers. Staff were great and kept the place relatively clean. Only issue I would say is the guests need to - or staff needs to force the guests to - clean their own dishes. Piles of dishes are left in the sink until staff can get around to it.

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. Great to hear that you got upgraded to a private room, very generous of the reception team. Hope you enjoyed your stay. Kind regards NSKB

• England, Male, 25-30
5th Aug 2016

Great staff, great faculties and all round welcoming atmosphere! Would recommend to everyone.

thanks for the epic review, we would love to see you back here again soon

• Wales, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

Amazing, clean and safe. Staff are super friendly and helpful and the atmosphere here is great.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Jul 2016
8.0

Location is just out of the city center, only one tram away though. St. Kilda is an awesome neighbourhood to stay in. Would definitely recommend this hostel. They have free dinners five days a week and super comfortable beds.

thankyou for taking the time to leave a review and a comment, We are glad that you had a awesome time here and would love too have you back anytime

• England, Couple, 18-24
8th Jul 2016
4.6

Upon arrival we were greeted at reception by unhelpful & unwelcoming staff.After waiting 2 & 1/2 hours for our private room to be cleaned we checked in to discover a box room with dirty towels, dirty walls,& a broken window.We got into bed after a long journey, to which it broke! We fixed it ourselves however the springs were extremely uncomfortable.The kitchen wasn't clean along with the toilets & showers, toilet roll wasn't replaced.Woken at 7:30am Sunday by very loud workers outside our room.

Hi there, thanks for for reviewing. I am very sorry to hear that your experience wasn't as good as expected. We are actually upgrading all rooms in the hostel. We are repainted the walls and putting new beds in. It may be that the room you stayed in still need some work done. However, the reception greeting and costumer service should always be at the top. I will bring that up on the next meeting. You also mentioned that you had to wait 2 to 2.5 hours to check in? The normal check in hours are at 2pm for any rooms, that is because housekeeping need to go in during the day to clean the rooms. We are always trying our best to offer early check in on arrival. Hope you can give us another chance next time you in St Kilda and I promise it will be a great experience for you, Best Regards, NSKB

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Jul 2016

Cheap, clean, good vibes, good people and free food. not much more you can ask for!

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for reviewing! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the free meals. Best Regards, NSKB

• England, Female, 18-24
28th Jun 2016

The great thing about this hostel is they provide free meals 5 days a week! And they're not just any meals , they're delicious !! The location of the hostel is super close to the CBD and Luna park / the beach ! Great atmosphere where you can hang out of the rooftop, drink and socialise with others! Beautiful rooms and bathrooms as it's just been renovated !

I am glad you enjoyed our free meals, some may say "the way to a travelers heart is through his/her stomach. It sure is a great place to meet other backpackers, and the roof top is a great stop for that! See you next time. Best Regards, NSKB

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
28th Jun 2016

This hostel is one of the best I've stayed in in Australia, everything was clean, staff were great, and not only free meals, but free tea, coffee and pancakes, really good facilities here including a real nice bathroom and kitchen, really enjoyed my stay, would definitely recommend!

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for reviewing! Great to hear that you had such a good experience with the staff. I am sure they will be happy to hear from your positive feedback. It's also great that you liked the new renovated toilets and showers, it really makes a huge difference to the place. Best regards, Nomads St. Kilda Beach