Nomads Westend

Rating 1056 Total Reviews

• Colombia, All Male Group, 18-24
13th Feb 2017
3.4

Doesn't have staff in the kitchen to cook, i couldn't drink anything, it didn't have any glass or mug, neither cutleries. It was too durty, disgusting. I saw some cockroach and the smeel in the room was too bad.

• Scotland, Mixed Group, 18-24
7th Feb 2017
3.4

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! I booked in here as a last resort after thinking "it can't be that bad" - I was wrong; it is horrendous. The toilets are filth with sick, broken glass etc everywhere & does not get cleaned regularly. We were not able to cook the entire time we were there as the kitchen was so disgusting. There were cockroaches everywhere as there was food lying around & no one tidied up after themselves. There was also nowhere to store our stuff securely. The only good thing is the location!

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40
15th Jan 2017
6.3

during my stay over there,i lost my item after housekeeping. even it just cable extension.it really cost me 30 dollar and i left my hat in the room also can't be found too the housekeeping should return it to receptionist for lost property. overall the housekeeping staff is really untrustworthy person.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th Jan 2017

Was a little unsure when I first arrived as I had booked a mixed dorm but ended up in a room with the best people! I Arrived early in the morning and the two guys on reception (John & Tom!!) gave me a free upgrade so I could check in early! The kitchen was a bit messy at night time due to people drinking in there but they had staff cleaning up the mess at times throughout the night! Wifi was a bit touch and go in the room but they have free wifi in the common areas. Will definitely stay again!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
11th Jan 2017

Great place, staff are super friendly and I met some awesome people there! Will definitely stay again on my way back through Sydney.

• Djibouti, Male, 25-30
9th Jan 2017

If I had to sum up west end backpackers with only one word it would be 'good'! But if I could sum up the hostel with two words it would be 'very good.' Missing you already!

9th Jan 2017

Had a fabulous stay at the West end hostel. My friends and I call it BEST End backpackers now! We stayed in a room called the church. So many babes! We got in late one night and had a beer with the old hippy manager, he gave us some awesome tips on surf spots up the coast and an awesome recipie for a kale smoothy (the secret is canned kale!) LOL, sorry Cheech! Would 10/10 stay again.

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Jan 2017
4.9

Defiantly won't be back, stayed in a 32 bed dorm when I got there lockers weren't in use, staff weren't very helpful and didn't offer any solution. Within 10 miniutes of being in my dorm a staff member came in and said a backpack had been stolen asking if we had seen anything. No cameras and no lockers defiantly didn't feel very safe being in the hostel. Noise constantly till early hours. smelly throughout the hostel, slow lifts that didn't work a lot of the time, no bar or real social area.

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st Jan 2017
2.0

Room was disgusting. Lights were broken, mold growing on the ceiling and on shower curtain. No soap in the bathroom, broken tiles in the bathroom. And to top it all off, the air conditioning doesn't work.

• England, Female, 18-24
29th Dec 2016
5.4

The hostel is very shabby and not well kept. The lift took on average 5 minutes to get to the ground floor and there wasn't access to stairs. Dorms didn't have lockers and people things were stolen. On a positive note, Vanessa on the reception was very helpful tried her best to make our stay more pleasant by moving our rooms.