Nomads Westend Reviews

412 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia

If your young, skint, single, looking to get drunk or for a promiscuous time and don't mind living in squalor then this is the hostel for you, especially I assume the 34 bed dorm. However, if you want to have a clean room with reasonable facilities and not arrive back at night to a plethora or drunk/drugged up teenagers on a gap year slumped all over reception/doorstep to use the free wifi, then any central YHA is our recommendation. PS our 'en-suite' was across the hall! Checked out early!!!!

• 19th Feb 2015

I had to cancel my reservation, because my flights were canceled, I called that morning and canceled. I understand 24hr cancelation policy. Ended up finding another flight , made it to Sydney, went to hostel hoping to maybe get the beds I had gotten a email that they were still going to charge me, I reserved all 4 beds in one room. When I got there of course they only had 1 bed left in 6 person kroom. Of course I need 4. They were able to rent the room it would have been nice to get a refund.

• 18th Feb 2015

It was a great experience on the first floor ! It was my second day of my worldtour so i found that nice to be in the missle of the city! The only thing was about the cleaning. The chairs and table in the kitchen. The room was ok but it could be better for the security because there was no locker in the room ! It was a good experience but not the better for me

• 18th Feb 2015

The cleanliness of the hostel is something that needs looking into. The kitchen and bathrooms. Bathrooms also look like they need tlc. This hostel is good if all you want is to party and have a bed. But a couple of us decided against using the kitchen.

• 14th Feb 2015

The lifts are extremely slow... Expect to wait about 10 minutes lol ... Kitchen is gross ... I saw a few cacroaches ... Had my food thrown out twice or stolen (It was labeled properly) lol oh and saw a bunch of cactoaches in the rooms as well ... Half of the staff are useless... Even when they come as housekeeping ... I don't really see what they clean lol

It was the worst hostel ever for me!! A really bad experience - it was soo dirty and smelly everywere!! I changed after the second night in another hostel! If you are not drunken the hole day, dont stay there!

I found my experience was very good! It was really quiet at night so easy sleeping checking in and out was simple will definitely be staying there again!

• 31st Jan 2015

I read lots of complains about this property and can't understand these people who write this. Yes I saw toilet out of order at the 2nd floor and a mess at the kitchen. But who did it? You and your neighbors, guys! So why you blame the owners? Filth is in our minds. So my stay was good. Very friendly and helpful staff, full equipped kitchen. My room had a bathroom ensuite - very comfy. It was a bit stuffy in the room although there was aircon. The only one con - they charge for the luggage room

Good location, great kitchen with plenty of space, and the staff was good. But the elevators there were constantly breaking down or getting stuck (being on the 12tg floor, it was inconvient to use the stairs a lot). The door to our bathroom(a sliding door) was constantly getting off track, making it hard to close or open. The wifi barely worked in the rooms, so it was better to go down to reception to get a signal. All in all, is go to another hostel next time

I was just one night here, the staff were amazing though, super welcoming to come into this place. The staff were all lively, friendly and all travellers that we're really helpful. Lots of free activities at this hostel didn't make it to any but some good free bonus'

Sure it's an old building with a fresh lick of paint however! The activities are amazing, the staff are all hilarious the vibe is great and it's close to everything!

• 5th Jan 2015

We stayed here for 10 days and I wish we could of moved. Stayed in an all girl room with bathroom but is was tiny and really dirty. We had 1 blacked out window that you couldn't open so you couldn't tell if it was day or night! The kitchen, well I only used it once as it was full of drunk people and was really dirty as well. The lifts - always braking! Have to ask to use the stairs. It was a joke. The staff - pretty helpfull but kept telling me I owed money when I paid it all up front.

I will never stay at this hostel again. When you book a double ensuite room, you don't really expect the bathroom to be across the main hallway. The toilet was dirty. The walls and ceiling were cracked and peeling, the carpets worn and stained. Upon departing in the morning, from the 9th floor, we gave up waiting for the lift, decided to take one of the two sets of fire doors. Upon reaching the ground floor, however, there was NO doorknob to exit. A rather serious violation of safety...

The staff particularly in the reception area are very mindful in solving immediately guest's concern. On the day of arrival, I told the staff-in-charge that I would like to be moved into a more comfortable and more private room.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Everything was great except from the broken elevator

Thank-you for leaving a comment, we really appreciate it and we are glad you had a good time at Nomads Westend! Enjoy the rest of you travels! The Nomads Westend Team

Awful hostel i stayed in the church a 32 bed dorm - people being sick everywhere, always leaving the door open day/night. i had it booked for xmas so cancelled straight away

Hi Marc, Thanks so much for leaving a comment - unfortunately we do have some guests that like the door to be open, however we do have staff who do regular checks to stop this from happening. We really hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay in Australia! The Nomads Westend Team

I loved my couple of nights in 'the church'. This room has a brilliant party atmosphere with some brilliant characters in the room. This is a party room. I would stay I am the church again to party but another room when I'm working

Hi Jack, Thanks so much for leaving a review! We are glad that you had a good stay here and would love to see you again! The Nomads Westend Team

The staff at the desk were knowledgeable and friendly but didnt provide me my bathroom key. Also the room was very messy. Bed made sure, but on the otherside of the bed there was a half smoked ciggaret and some remnents of someone smoking week (there was a bit of bud). Also the cleaning lady just let her self in to my room when i was asleep and starting vacuming... which was a little weird.

• 24th Sep 2014

Really good.party hostel! But.the 32 dorm is.too.dirty and very bad.lockers, and.toilet.and.showers.is.the.same.for.both girl.and.boys.and.they.where.very dirty!

One of the worst hostels I've ever been staying in. Room was tiny and stinks horribly, also mold, no window to be opened. Bathroom was dirty despite regular cleaning, and mold everywhere. One out of two slow lifts is broken all the time, to get to your room regularly takes you 5 minutes. Common area without any atmosphere. Anyhow quite expensive, plus they charge you extra for basic things like WiFi and luggage room.