Nomads Westend Reviews

412 Pitt Street, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Very hot and stuffy rooms. No place to put your bag. Dirty bathroom

• 9th Apr 2014

Room was extremely small. Should have been used as a 4 bed I stead of a 6 bed.

• 4th Apr 2014

Wish I had more good things to say as I actually enjoyed my time here but only as a result of the people I met. The rest of it was a nightmare, started of in a good sized shared room, but the shower flooded, moved to a much smaller room, the air conditioning was broken and dripped all night long, Chinese water torture! Told the staff but nothing was done about it. Ended up sleeping elsewhere the first night due to been kept awake by it. Have plenty more to say but not enough characters!

A public bathroom at a beach would be cleaner and smell better

very dirty place.

Thank you for your recent review. I can assure you we clean throughout the day and always make sure our hostel looks great! Enjoy the rest of your travels The Nomads Westend Team :-)

The private bathroom was horrible. Was across the hall and you could see through. The room was not clean and the pillows were so thin they were no existent. Bad nights sleep here

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your recent review. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. The Nomads Westend Team :-)

Our food got stolen Was overpriced for a tiny room with 3 bunk beds squeezed in The staff at reception were useless Lift was out of order our whole stay and we were in the 10th floor Would never stay at nomads again

• 18th Feb 2014

Thank you for your recent review. Please can you forward me an email re our staff I am extremely surprised that you found them (useless)?? Enjoy the rest of your travels The Nomads Westend Team :-)

the ratings were down only because there was an older gentleman there with a bottle of glenfiddich who was being very aggressive and hitting on all the girls, it was quite disgusting, jo being brilliant jo mistakenly broke his bottle highlight of the night :)

Thank you for your recent review. The Nomads Westend Team :-)

Lift very slow and old. Dirty. Poor security - broken lock on dorm door, 32 bed room with no lockers for security, things were stolen the day I checked in and just got told to 'watch my stuff' - not a resolved issue.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The place was smelly as soon as you walk in, the lifts were terrible and we had huge heavy back packs, we were up graded to a private room as some one cancelled our booking after I called up to enquire about cancelling our 2nd night. Our room was incredibly dated, smelly and just generally horrible we couldnt wait to get out.

Hi Jade, We appreciate your recent review. We ensure all rooms are cleaned daily and although we are an older property we are definitely a clean one. Enjoy the rest of your travels The Nomads Westend Team :-)

Stayed at Nomads for months, the rooms are basic & at first appear a bit dingy but absolutely loved my time here! The staff and people who stay here in general are amazing! They have organised activities every night & actually try to get everyone involved, which is exactly what you want as a single traveller! The location is ideal with shops, restaurants and clubs surrounding it but without excessive noise levels… i actually slept really well here. AND its cheap.. Will 100% be going back!!

Great staff!

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Great to hear from you Tamara. Thank you for your recent review. Enjoy the rest of your travels The Nomads Westend Team :-)

Good location and pretty clean (it would probably seem cleaner if the rooms and bathrooms weren't so old. The kitchen/common room was good and spacious. Check in was really slow (we were a group of 7, but it took at least 15 minutes), and the wait for the elevator was always long. The air con in our room was as loud as a motorbike, meaning we couldn't have it on while we were in the room, but thankfully the night wasn't too hot and we got a small discount.

Hi Stephen, Great to hear from you and thank you for your recent review. We are currently training new staff members so I apologize that the wait was a little longer then usual. Enjoy the rest of your travels The Nomads Westend Team :-)

Hostel is in a really good location. You may have to fight to use the kitchen when busy but there are always a lot of people around to socialise with. You have to pay for wifi and lockers which isn't ideal but the location is great and the hostel organise days and nights out for every day of the week. All rooms are quite clean and the kitchen is cleaned daily.

Great hostel for meeting new people (although there is a clicky group of long termers that are hard to crack) they organise different nights out every evening which is a great way to socialise. You can also bring your own alcohol into the common area which is good. Staff are nice. However, things could be cleaner both in the rooms

I had bed bugs in my first night so I left

Hi Oliver, Thank you for your recent review. Enjoy the rest of your travels. The Nomads Westend Team :-)

People are nice but all of the battery plug is out of order in my room....just work in the bathroom...

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you for your review. We have now fixed the socket in your room. Enjoy the rest of your travels The Nomads Westend Team :-)

Shower rooms need to be cleaned more and some new pillows would be great but otherwise impressed.

• 5th Jan 2014

Hi Sean, Great to hear from you and thank you for your recent review. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels The Nomads Westend Team :-)

Staff were friendly, but quite clicky between each other amd certain longer term stayers. The rooms were nice and 2/3 we stayed in were clean. Third one wasnt great in bathroom. The kitchen are was tight, often dishes left not cleaned in sink and lack of crockery and cuttlery. More accesible stairs from ground floor would make travel to.lower levels easier. Also advertised events like movie.night don't happen!

Hi Benjamin, Thank you for your recent review. I will certainly take note of the movie night not happening. Enjoy the rest of your travels The Nomads Westend Team :-)

Hostel in a good location, close to a lot of interesting places. During my stay, there was no toaster, only 4 or 5 cups and nearly no spoons and bowls. Pans and pots are damaged. The staff was not able to change this fact.

• 27th Dec 2013