Nomads Westend

Rating 1077 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
23rd Mar 2017
4.6

Water faucet and shower leaked aggressively. Soaked the carpet in room. 2 security lockers for 6 people. Sheets and pillow had been washed, but still smelled. Tables in lobby wobbled unbelievably, to the point of not being usable. Disgusting community couches.

• Uruguay, Female, 18-24
22nd Mar 2017
7.4

Great location. Covers all the needs but isn't beautiful.

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Mar 2017
2.3

This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed- and I have spent 2 months in a remote Fijian village with no running water or electricity! The showers and toilet areas were unclean and filled with flies, the toilets broke several times and non of the staff seemed bothered to fix them even though the smell was terrible. The kitchen was constantly dirty and the staff were rude and unhelpful. I even heard them bitching about a customer as soon as they had left the reception area.

• New Zealand, Mixed Group, 31-40
4th Mar 2017
5.7

The main concern was that the room smelt very very strongly of mould, making it hard to sleep and i would question just how safe it was to breath that in. large wet patches in the carpet and in parts it was coming away and you could see all the mould. There was cockroaches too. Staff were friendly and accommodating, one concern was that we had asked if they could look after a friends passport when we went to retrieve it the following day they couldn't find it.... they did in the end.

• England, Couple, 25-30
28th Feb 2017
4.3

Pretty god damn AWFUL place. I'm struggling to think of any pros! Security doesn't exist - you can access the hostel from Pitt Street, walk up straight in to the kitchen without passing reception, walk up to ANY floor without passing reception & with the number of residents that prop the doors open with a shoe (or similar) is crazy. My iPad was stolen whilst I was there & I 100% would not point the finger at ANY of the room guests. Place is filthy COCKROACH infested!!!! Dirtiest place ever!

• alicekemp
  • England, Female, 18-24
17th Feb 2017
4.6

Only stayed for 1 night but didn't like the vibe of the hostel. It was all run down and the beds didn't have normal ladders to get into them. My ladder was blocked by the air con unit making it tricky to get into the top bunk, pretty much had to swing myself in. Not enough plugs as someone ended up unplugging the air con to charge their phone. If I was staying any longer than one night I would have checked out.

• Colombia, All Male Group, 18-24
13th Feb 2017
3.4

Doesn't have staff in the kitchen to cook, i couldn't drink anything, it didn't have any glass or mug, neither cutleries. It was too durty, disgusting. I saw some cockroach and the smeel in the room was too bad.

• Scotland, Mixed Group, 18-24
7th Feb 2017
3.4

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! I booked in here as a last resort after thinking "it can't be that bad" - I was wrong; it is horrendous. The toilets are filth with sick, broken glass etc everywhere & does not get cleaned regularly. We were not able to cook the entire time we were there as the kitchen was so disgusting. There were cockroaches everywhere as there was food lying around & no one tidied up after themselves. There was also nowhere to store our stuff securely. The only good thing is the location!

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40
15th Jan 2017
6.3

during my stay over there,i lost my item after housekeeping. even it just cable extension.it really cost me 30 dollar and i left my hat in the room also can't be found too the housekeeping should return it to receptionist for lost property. overall the housekeeping staff is really untrustworthy person.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th Jan 2017

Was a little unsure when I first arrived as I had booked a mixed dorm but ended up in a room with the best people! I Arrived early in the morning and the two guys on reception (John & Tom!!) gave me a free upgrade so I could check in early! The kitchen was a bit messy at night time due to people drinking in there but they had staff cleaning up the mess at times throughout the night! Wifi was a bit touch and go in the room but they have free wifi in the common areas. Will definitely stay again!