Nomads Westend Reviews

412 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia

Lift was at nightmare . Kitchen furniture poor and not in function.

• 17th Aug 2015

This place was heaven sent for a solo traveler. Sure it wasnt super clean and fancy but it didnt honestly matter because the social aspect and amazing staff made up for it. I stayed in the Church (32 bed hostel) and slept like a baby somehow every night. If i ever come back to sydney ill absolutely be staying here again

Could not fault the reception team. However our experience wasn't great and we ended up regretting booking to stay on for a further two weeks. The floor we stayed on constantly smelt of weed, as did all of our belongings left in our room. We spoke to staff about it and was told nothing could be done because they have never caught the guys in the act! But that they knew it was happening!! The hostel would be fine to stay in for a few nights , but we wouldn't recommend staying for too long!!

I had read alot of bad reviews about nomads westend and don't understand why. I stayed in the 32 bed dorm for two nights and had a great time. Everyone was really friendly and the staff are always willing to help out. Obviously with 32 people sharing a bathroom it did get quite dirty. But that's what you'd expect! Apart from that I can't fault it, its half the price of other hostels I've stayed in Sydney and the same quality ! I would consider staying again for my next time in Sydney :)

• 17th Jul 2015

Bathrooms are in definite need of an upgrade/renovation. There was no window/fan in bathroom so it was wet and mouldy. The elevator was possessed to it was push buttons and hope it stops at your floor. The cooking area was a hells kitchen nightmare self cleanliness and respect for tidiness was not something that was encouraged. staff were a little frazzled/stressed but otherwise helpful.

• 10th Jul 2015

Wouldn't recommend this hostel for anyone, even if it is cheap so many better places to go , bed made to much voice everytime you moved, fire detected had a dory sock on it so the room previously had smokers in it, bathroom floor was soaked, the place smelt bad in room and out, the lift was so slow, I actually checked out straight away it was so bad and didn't even get a refund staff where poor, worst hostel I've stayed in since I've been in Australia

• 4th Jul 2015

One lift broken, the other didn't have a ground floor button making it almost impossible to get down with luggage. Had to pay to leave luggage for a few hours and it was down narrow stairs to the smelly basement which was very impractical with a suitcase. Roommates were very disrespectful, watching videos and having conversations at 4am then laughing when asked to be more quiet. Ensuite bathroom was old and filthy and toilet had water running through for two days straight.

• 17th Jun 2015

I read a lot of reviews about the hostel being unclean. However, I stayed for one night, and saw no uncleanliness whatsoever. The lift is very slow, but apart from that, it's fine, and I will stay again next time I'm in Sydney

Dirty, fungus, bad smell. I had to wash my clothes cause they all smelled like fungus after I stayed 3 nights at nomads. Blankets and pillows very old and dirty.

• 4th Jun 2015

Staff are friendly and helpful. There is a good vibe for young backpackers, who are in Sydney for a good time I.e getting drunk on goon. Good social life though, plenty to do each day. However the kitchen is filthy and lacks utensils, pans plates, mugs and glasses. The hobs don't work. Plus there is cockroaches everywhere in the whole hostel. The rooms and dorms are very basic, dirty and smell musky. The cleaners don't know how to clean. I have seen worse, didn't know this was possible!

• 22nd May 2015

Worst Hostel I have ever stayed in. They have a really weird smell everywhere that is clearly covering up some other smell. The rooms are tiny and they only have ensuites. The ensuites usually have broken doors one didn't even have a lock. The duvet was covered in stains and the colour of the place is depressing. The kitchen has cockroaches and just always looked dirty. The lift was the most annoying thing ever as it stopped on every floor and one of them didn't even go to the ground floor.

Such a great atmosphere! Loved staying here. Always fun thugs to do and cool people to hang out with.

• 7th Apr 2015

Thanks for leaving a review! We hope you enjoy the rest of your time here in Australia.

Standard Nomads. Always reliable. Good location and would stay again.

Room was a box, windows so dirty you couldn't see out. Bathroom was disgusting, mould all around the shower. One elevator wasn't working so it took ages to get around the building. One positive, staff were freindly and helpful.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for leaving a comment on your stay. I apologise for the cleanliness issues you have reported, this is certainly not in accordance to the set standards that we have. I will be discussing your comments with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure all of the areas of concern are addressed. Thank you also for the kind comments about our staff, they do work very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. Kind regards, Sam B

I've been in many hostels in my life and this's been the worst ever! Booked a double bed private room ensuite. The bed was broken,half of the mattress was lying on the floor. The room was very smelly and had only one tiny window fully occupied by a dirty aircon machine.AWFUL. AWFUL. AWFUL. we're given a toilet key to use "our ensuite" which was on the other side of the corredor. We didn't stayed. We asked them to change us to other room and they offered a refund.We went somewhere else. AWFUL

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Nomads Westend. I apologise that you were not satisfied and I am also sorry that the bed was not in working order on arrival to your room. Unfortunately due to the hostel being full on the evening you stayed we did not have any other rooms available to move you to. I hope you were able to find somewhere suitable to stay. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you would like to discuss your experience further.

It is ok!!! It could be cleaner, but the location is very good! Staff members are nice and they provide useful info about how to move around the city

Do you fancy paying over the odds for a dirty room? Stay here! The atmosphere and staff at Nomads and Westend are what you expect from a backpacker hostel, and friendly enough. But the rooms are absolutely disgusting; cramped, dirty, with broken windows, doors etc. Go stay in the 'Wake Up!' instead, as it is a similar price and MUCH nicer, with spacious clean rooms and better facilities.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I apologise for the maintenance and cleanliness issues you have reported. I have discussed your comments with the Maintenance and Housekeeping managers to ensure that we do not receive feedback such as your in future. Regarding the cost of our accommodation, we are very competitively priced for a backpacker hostel in the centre of Sydney. If you would like to discuss your experience further please contact us.