Nomads Westend Reviews

412 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia

OMG do not stay here! This was the only hostel available on a busy weekend, and I know why. My room only had one dirty window that you couldn't see through. A dirty air conditioner was right in front of my bed. The room is so small, and with 6 beds I truly felt like I WAS IN JAIL! No lockers in the room. Hostel is full of long-termers and not the best choice for solo travelers.

When I arrived, I was given an upgrade from a 32 bed dorm to a 4 bed. The staff were friendly and helpful, there are lots of organized excursions available, and it is really well located, I could walk to almost everywhere in the CBD. The whole place is a bit run down, the ceilings were leaking and the dorm and kitchen were cramped. The wifi was also very slow, this was probably due to the amount of people using it. However it was really cheap, and it's fine if you just use it as a place to sleep

You get what you pay for. Lift's didn't always work and the water was shut off for 12 hours. But I felt safe and the price and location was right for me. The age group is 18-25 and there seems to be new staff on reception daily.

Kitchen facilities very poor. Cooking equipment not fit for purpose

• 25th Jan 2016

I stayed in the church, the carpet was damp and smelly in places with caked on filth by the door. I recommend replacing it with lino or wood that's easy to clean. Showers were dark and humid with broken latches and no shelving. Air extraction is desperately needed along with lighting. And a handyman! Only 3 toilets for 32 beds plus people from the kitchen and common room. Not enough and one was out of order. The only 2 sinks were blocking daily with a sinkfull of grimy water. again maintainance.

Good overall. Although, on the first morning of my stay I awoke to a fire alarm (around 8am). I was then told by a staff member to ignore the siren? I wasn't sure if anyone should have evacuated the building as a precaution? The lack of information given was a little concerning. Despite this I enjoyed my stay. The staff seemed friendly and the place had a "cool backpackers vibe".

• 23rd Jan 2016

This backpackers home is in a good location but they need concentrate more in cleanliness in the room as well as the lounge as the couch are so dirty one would think twice whether sit on it or not But overall I enjoyed my stay there

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Bangladesh

Staff were very friendly and helpful, nice atmosphere very good value for money !

• 20th Jan 2016

Broken window, cardboard covering it. Had 5 people staying in one room (couple sharing bed) Feels like a prison. No access to any floor without using lift which takes 5/10 minutes to arrive.

Hi there! I enjoyed my stay. Centrally located, cheap, friendly staff. Aircon could be better and with everyone needing wall sockets for their phones and tablets, I do feel, all hostels ought to install wall sockets with every bed. The bathroom had no mirror which wasn't a huge issue but a hook was there, meaning there used to be one there. The lifts are super slow and only one of 3 appears to go all the way to ground level. So when I left, I tried to go to ground floor but the lift I was in

• 19th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

It was the best cost benefit considering the location. But I was put in a 6 dorm room on the 10th floor and there are no lockers in the room, and the room is really small. I got my Gopro and my Cap stolen and what could I do? Nothing. You can rent a locker downstairs, but you would have to go all the 10 floors down everytime you wanted something. I saved 10AUD per night to stay in this hostel, but I lost 300AUD for the GoPro, so it was a really bad idea to stay at Nomads.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

it's not the best hostel but for low budget it's good

Door to bathroom was broken on arrival and struggled to open the door.

• 9th Jan 2016

The bed was poor! It was like laying on bare springs. Also room was to small to house six people conformably.

Atmosphere, location, and the people you meet here are the clear winners. Cleanliness isn't bad, but not a strong point of this large swinging hostel in the centre of Sydney.

• 7th Jan 2016

I was there for 28 days. Saw them change the bedsheets, vacuum the floor, pick up tissues in the toilet.. But never saw them cleaning, the toilet or bathrooms. Six bed.

• 4th Jan 2016

Nice people in a dirty building!

• 30th Dec 2015

No wifi in rooms. You have to stay in the kitchen or reception . I stayed in the six bed dorm and there was one plug in there for all of us. I only stayed one night but it seemed like it was a fun hostel.

I have tried several backpackers hostels in Sydney, and nomads i think is the best one.If there is any other chances, i will choose nomads again.

The staff are very noisy whilst people are trying to eat althought they mean no harm. Compare to he nomads down the east coast im shocked to say this has been the worst. The reception staff are friendly and free pasta / rice ! Wifi is goood too. The sign above it says west end backpackers and small writing nomads! I missed it when walking around finding it so just look out for the sign westend backpackers! Met some lovely people in the hostel itsjuat very dated :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3