Nomads Westend Reviews

412 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia

I will never stay at this hostel again. When you book a double ensuite room, you don't really expect the bathroom to be across the main hallway. The toilet was dirty. The walls and ceiling were cracked and peeling, the carpets worn and stained. Upon departing in the morning, from the 9th floor, we gave up waiting for the lift, decided to take one of the two sets of fire doors. Upon reaching the ground floor, however, there was NO doorknob to exit. A rather serious violation of safety...

The staff particularly in the reception area are very mindful in solving immediately guest's concern. On the day of arrival, I told the staff-in-charge that I would like to be moved into a more comfortable and more private room.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Everything was great except from the broken elevator

Thank-you for leaving a comment, we really appreciate it and we are glad you had a good time at Nomads Westend! Enjoy the rest of you travels! The Nomads Westend Team

Awful hostel i stayed in the church a 32 bed dorm - people being sick everywhere, always leaving the door open day/night. i had it booked for xmas so cancelled straight away

Hi Marc, Thanks so much for leaving a comment - unfortunately we do have some guests that like the door to be open, however we do have staff who do regular checks to stop this from happening. We really hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay in Australia! The Nomads Westend Team

I loved my couple of nights in 'the church'. This room has a brilliant party atmosphere with some brilliant characters in the room. This is a party room. I would stay I am the church again to party but another room when I'm working

Hi Jack, Thanks so much for leaving a review! We are glad that you had a good stay here and would love to see you again! The Nomads Westend Team

The staff at the desk were knowledgeable and friendly but didnt provide me my bathroom key. Also the room was very messy. Bed made sure, but on the otherside of the bed there was a half smoked ciggaret and some remnents of someone smoking week (there was a bit of bud). Also the cleaning lady just let her self in to my room when i was asleep and starting vacuming... which was a little weird.

• 24th Sep 2014

Really good.party hostel! But.the 32 dorm is.too.dirty and very bad.lockers, and.toilet.and.showers.is.the.same.for.both girl.and.boys.and.they.where.very dirty!

One of the worst hostels I've ever been staying in. Room was tiny and stinks horribly, also mold, no window to be opened. Bathroom was dirty despite regular cleaning, and mold everywhere. One out of two slow lifts is broken all the time, to get to your room regularly takes you 5 minutes. Common area without any atmosphere. Anyhow quite expensive, plus they charge you extra for basic things like WiFi and luggage room.

Stayed here as I had a meeting in the CBD and I was broke. Upon arrival I immediately wanted to get a backpack and start travelling again. Brought back great memories of the hostel, fun, young and carefree life. Excellent location.

• 20th Aug 2014

Thanks for leaving your positive feedback with us, we love hearing that guests enjoyed there stay... Im glad we brought back the travel itch. Its such an amazing experience and we are always glad to be a part off it. thanks again!

The whole building is very old. It takes ages for the lift to come down. There are many people doing working holiday and staying at this hostel before they find jobs. Before that, they treat it as home, don't respect much to people who are traveling here and are only staying here for a few nights. Kitchen is very dirty. They don't even require guests to clean their dishes. As a result, dirty plates, cups are everywhere. You have to do the dishes for other people so you can use them.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Thanks for your feedback! . We have all sorts of travelers who stay with us those here on a working holiday or those just here for a quick visit to explore Sydney. In regards to the cleanliness of the kitchen we actually have someone cleaning it 24 hours a day and all guests/staff are required to clean up after themselves, there is signage everywhere within the kitchen to inform guests about this..however We do apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay and wish you well... :)

fantastic stay! the staff were amazing and very accomodating, me and my girlfriend got a free room upgrade

• 27th Jun 2014

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. Your always welcome back to Westend backpackers. Legends :)