Nomads Westend Reviews

412 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia

I loved my couple of nights in 'the church'. This room has a brilliant party atmosphere with some brilliant characters in the room. This is a party room. I would stay I am the church again to party but another room when I'm working

The staff at the desk were knowledgeable and friendly but didnt provide me my bathroom key. Also the room was very messy. Bed made sure, but on the otherside of the bed there was a half smoked ciggaret and some remnents of someone smoking week (there was a bit of bud). Also the cleaning lady just let her self in to my room when i was asleep and starting vacuming... which was a little weird.

• 24th Sep 2014

Really good.party hostel! But.the 32 dorm is.too.dirty and very bad.lockers, and.toilet.and.showers.is.the.same.for.both girl.and.boys.and.they.where.very dirty!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Angelaaa
  • Sweden

One of the worst hostels I've ever been staying in. Room was tiny and stinks horribly, also mold, no window to be opened. Bathroom was dirty despite regular cleaning, and mold everywhere. One out of two slow lifts is broken all the time, to get to your room regularly takes you 5 minutes. Common area without any atmosphere. Anyhow quite expensive, plus they charge you extra for basic things like WiFi and luggage room.

Stayed here as I had a meeting in the CBD and I was broke. Upon arrival I immediately wanted to get a backpack and start travelling again. Brought back great memories of the hostel, fun, young and carefree life. Excellent location.

• 20th Aug 2014

Thanks for leaving your positive feedback with us, we love hearing that guests enjoyed there stay... Im glad we brought back the travel itch. Its such an amazing experience and we are always glad to be a part off it. thanks again!

The whole building is very old. It takes ages for the lift to come down. There are many people doing working holiday and staying at this hostel before they find jobs. Before that, they treat it as home, don't respect much to people who are traveling here and are only staying here for a few nights. Kitchen is very dirty. They don't even require guests to clean their dishes. As a result, dirty plates, cups are everywhere. You have to do the dishes for other people so you can use them.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Thanks for your feedback! . We have all sorts of travelers who stay with us those here on a working holiday or those just here for a quick visit to explore Sydney. In regards to the cleanliness of the kitchen we actually have someone cleaning it 24 hours a day and all guests/staff are required to clean up after themselves, there is signage everywhere within the kitchen to inform guests about this..however We do apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay and wish you well... :)

fantastic stay! the staff were amazing and very accomodating, me and my girlfriend got a free room upgrade

• 27th Jun 2014

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. Your always welcome back to Westend backpackers. Legends :)

Cockroaches in dorms!

• 16th Jun 2014

Thanks for leaving your feedback. Unfortunately creepy crawlers are fairly common in Australia . However we do our best to prevent them from the hostel with monthly treatments. We hope other aspects of your stay were great. Thanks again for the feedback and feel free to stay with us again at Westend backpackers :)

Stayed here before and came back. The rooms are good and clean but do smell a bit. Always something going on.

Thanks for your feedback ! We appreciate the positive response and apologies for a smelly inconvenience. We are going through some changes here at Westend and cant wait for the finished result, See you next time . Safe travels

we was a little bit disappointed, we have to still pay full payment when we check in in although we'd already pay 12% down payment via hostelworld. i did n't notice first at all, then my friend complaint. The staff said there was an additional fee when booked on the weekend, the price will always up, so they charge full payment. about the hostel, you pay what you got. very basic but it's okay for us. Free rice, near Coles supermarket in World Square, near central station, near paddy's market.

Thanks for your feedback and for staying with us at Westend backpackers. Ive over looked your reservation to make sure you were not over charged. The total was $336, you then paid $40.32 online (12% deposit ) then paid the remaining 88% on arrival = $295.68 This is the standard booking process for hostelworld. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding. Safe travels and thanks again for staying with us at Westend backpackers.

We were a bit worried cause we stayed in the church. But in the end it was heaps of fun and we had a really good time. Funny and awesome staff!

Thanks for your feedback fellow globe trotter, Were stoked you jumped out of your comfort zone and enjoyed it. We understand that "The Church" (28 bed dorm) can be pretty overwhelming but everyone seems to love it :) We hope to catch you next time you find yourself in Sydney, enjoy your time abroad and travel safe . Much love from your mates at Westend Backpackers...

Great people. Excellent activities throughout the week, so good that I booked a second week there! If you are looking for a fun packed two weeks I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

Thanks so much for your positive feedback ! We are stoked to hear you enjoyed yourself. We really pride ourselves on supplying an experience not just a bed! we hope the rest of your travels are nothing short of amazing, Keep it real and thanks again, much love from your mates at Westend Backpackers:)

Lift is terrible, took us more than 10 minutes just to get to our room each time… kitchen too small, never any cups/glasses, dirty beds, building looks like it's gunna fall down, fridges not cold, nice staff was the only good thing. Couldn't wait to leave

• 24th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Never again. I booked 5 nights in 'the Church'. And soon regretted it. Beds crammed in making it overly crowded, nowhere to put bags except on the floor in between bunks, incredibly hot and humid. No working air-con. A bin was used to hold the door permanently open to let some air in. The hostel remained noisy till 3 / 4 am. The kitchen had too few working gas stoves, pots and pans. During my stay, most of a weeks food was stolen from my zipped bag. The staff seemed unconcerned.

• 20th Apr 2014

Our 32 people room couln't be locked because the keyhole was damaged. So we could hear all the noise coming from the kitchen downstairs. But that's the only negative point I can mention. It was quite clean in the bathroom facilities and in the kitchen. We could use rice and noodles for free! And the staff was so friendly. We payed less than 20$ each night in the 32 people room. So it was definitely worth it to stay at Nomads. Furthermore, we were at a very good location.

The place was actually better as we expected for the price we paid. Was our last day in Australia and probably the best hostel (for its price) we stayed in.. Good things: Clean kitchen (yes it is possible in a hostel!), good beds and perfect location. Could be better: Same showers/bathroom for man and women.. The lift is the slowest in the world and you need a key for the stairs... I would def reccomend this hostel to other people!

Very hot and stuffy rooms. No place to put your bag. Dirty bathroom

• 9th Apr 2014

Thank you for staying with us at Westend and leaving your feedback. we are currently in the process of removing unneeded cupboards and desks to create more room for our guests,We also have 2 cages that slide under the beds to cater for backpacker baggage. No backpacker deserves to be hot and stuffy after a tough day of Adventure and it saddens us to hear. we will definitly look into the issue, so yourself or any of our future guests dont feel this way. We apologize for any inconvenience! Cheers!

Room was extremely small. Should have been used as a 4 bed I stead of a 6 bed.

• 4th Apr 2014

Hello fellow traveller!, Thanks heaps for your Feedback and of course staying with us at Westend Backpackers, We are currently in the process of renovating some of our smaller rooms to have more space for our backpackers and coming up with some pretty cool solutions to maximise the space we have. Stay tuned for the changes as Westend has some big plans up its sleeve. Thanks again for staying with us and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused. See you next time!