Nomads Westend Reviews

412 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia

By far the worst hostel I have stayed in. The rooms were dirty and the whole place looked disgusting. The first room I was put in was a mixed room with an ensure bathroom where the door didn't even close let alone lock-I was moved to another room but that was only marginally better. I definitely wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone

The place was nice & the staff, but the lift issues were annoying.

Didn't my stay there. Ok I was in a room with 32 people but was just awful, dirty and noisy and the hostel didn't do anything to keep people quiet. Bathroom: dirty, smelly and nothing to put your stuff. no sink... Kitchen: dirty, and with nothing in. No glasses, no cvups, 4 OLD pans completely broken.... atmosphere was so bad,

Lifts are a nightmare!! The staff were not very helpful and not well organised between the day staff and the night staff!! Too noisy, dirty, too much drunk people and smells like toilet at the entrance We didn't enjoy our stay

not many pots and pans in the kitchen and there were alot of people staying there so couldnt cook much. not that clean as in an old hotel and got stuck in the old lifts!! loved the atmosphere and the people and had such a good time -always a party!

Room was clean, close to everything and helpful staff.

• 16th Nov 2015

The lift is almost reason enough not to stay there. The kitchen is awful, there are about two pots and pans for hundreds of people and no cups. Half the hobs weren't even in use.. The room and the bathroom were alright and clean but there are no lockers in the rooms to keep your valuables safe!

Hostel was disgusting. Bathroom hadn't been cleaned in weeks (I dread to think more!) and the beds were so uncomfortable. Didn't sleep while I was there, partly due to the constant noise from the other guests at early hours in the morning. I will be looking for somewhere else to stay next time I'm in Sydney.

We stayed here for one night following a stay at another hostel. The hostel offers a good location with friendly and helpful staff. The hostel decor appears a bit dated and the rooms are quite small; however the prices are cheaper than other nearby hostels. Great for those on a budget.

Great location, short walk to circular quay. Plenty of places to eat and drink locally. Not the cleanest or tidiest of places but I feel it was worth what I paid.

• 12th Nov 2015

The facilities are very bad. there are no cups and just a few broken pans and potts. way to less fridges and stoves for the amount of people living there. The right elevator breaks down once a day and the free internet is available just in the lobby (they say first floor/kitchen as well but there its not really working) also the internet breaks always together.

We traveld too sydney for the weekend, had a very enjoyable stay. Room was clean & had which was great.

• 5th Nov 2015

nice size room and bathroom and were clean, and if you like to party make sure you stay here,

• 27th Oct 2015

Great stay at nomads, room was clean, staff were great and the people were very friendly, would come back :)

• 20th Oct 2015

Got nothing but good things to say about my stay at westend backpackers, clean room & bathroom, bed was comfy, and the hostel had a great atmosphere, was good for meeting new people, as i was traveling alone,hostel night outs were awesome, goon pong before heading to the night club. hopefully will be back

• 20th Oct 2015

The lift is a nightmare

Nice and young place!

When we arrived in our room the linen was not put on the beds yet and the room had clearly not been vaccumed. The linen that was on the beds smelt bad like it had been previously slept on. They changed the linen for us and the new quilt and pillow covers smelt bad too. They were old and faded. Also the room smelt bad. The aircon was really old and not tagtested. Looked like a safety hazard. We only stayed one night and asked for a refund and went elsewhere for the rest of the trip.

We stayed in the church and I must say the room itself was much cleaner and silent than expected, but the bathrooms weren't clean at all! While our stay the hostel was fully booked and we weren't even able to use the kitchen because it was always crowded and to cook we would have needed to wait for hours. Staff was awesome, they helped wherever they've been able to. The hostel is in a good location, train station and sights are in walking distance and a Coles just at the next corner.

It's was dirty, like prison cell, we booked double room with an ensuite but the shower room was down the hall way and the shower glass was all smashed and it was freezing, we used public toilets rather than our hostels! Wouldn't stay here again if someone paid us! Thank god we were only there for one night! Currently staying in a nomads at Byron bay and it's beautiful it's just the Sydney one that's terrible!