Non La Mer Hostel Reviews

305/4-5 Long Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand

It's a really good hostel! The staff is really helpful and the hostel is very clean. You can rent scooter for 200 bath/ day and the water is free!!

Fantastic hostel! The best I've been to. The little things just make it, free cold drinking water, air con at night, toast and jam in the mornings and a spacious dorm. Loved every bit of it, very well priced and clean bathrooms, can hire scooters from reception. Would definitely come back again!

There isn't a lot to do around the area the hostel is in so would definitely recommend hiring one of the bikes they have there to get around the island as there are some lovely beaches in the south. The hostel was really clean and the girls working there were really friendly and helpful. The communal area was great for meeting other travellers. Would definitely recommend staying here!

I had a wonderful stay at Non La Mer. The girls running it are lovely, hospitable, and sweet. The included breakfast and having tea, coffee, water, and milk available was a great bonus. The bed was comfortable, with a reading light and individual power outlet, the locker was large enough for my backpack, and the room was cleaned daily throughout my stay. I would definitely recommend this hostel, it was great value and in my opinion the nicest hostel that I stayed at in Thailand.

I honestly can't find a single fault with this hostel. Best one I've been to in Thailand since I arrived 4 weeks ago. Clean, spacious, very friendly laid back atmosphere, free breakfast and genuinely lovely and determined to please staff with a remarkable work ethic. Nothing was a bother and the room linen was changed daily and rooms were thoroughly cleaned. Close to everything you could need. If you're going to Koh Lanta, this is the place to stay. Would go there again in a heartbeat.

Staff wasn't very friendly, but good location and after bugging them about the AC not working they had someone come out and fix it. Really clean and chill atmosphere

Lovely hostel with a great communal area. Was nice to watch films while it was raining outside. It would be good if they had more films in English though. I went in August during low season and most places were closed. However, I did rent a scooter and see the whole island over a whole day which was awesome!

Good location near long Beach, just a few minutes walk away . The room was a bit dark but don't think they all are - but ours was clean and comfortable. The hot shower is downstairs in a shared bathroom which is fine. The shower in the room is cold only but refreshing when it's hot. You can hire a scooter for 200 bh for 24 hr which is great. Bring a padlock for the locker though, and the wifi isn't the fastest! overall great stay during low season - v friendly and helpful staff.

Nice hostel, comfy beds, locker for security and free breakfast. Can also hire a scooter. Only thing was that the communal area had a TV which meant everyone watched the TV rather than talking. Harder to meet people

Really great hostel, clean, air con, spacious dorms. Met some great people here even though it wasn't a party hostel vibe at all. It was nice having the ensuite in the dorm but also shared bathrooms downstairs. Definitely pot luck with the beds, mine was super hard but some of the others in the room were really comfy. Good location, just a few minutes from the beach, which was really empty as we were there in low season.

Very good and close to the beach which is probably the best beach on the island. The breakfast was toast everyday so we just stocked up, can't really complain about free food. The free water was amazing!! Renting the scooters at the hostel was convenient and good value! Not too many complaints and it had a wonderful vibe and we met some fast good friends! Would definitely come back.

Nice hostel, comfortable and quiet.

I don't know what it was, maybe the end of season, maybe the hot weather.. But the staff was so unfriendly! Felt like a burden to ask them and never got a straight answer. It doesn't hurt to smile a little right? The air conditioning was great and the beds very comfy. Also free breakfast is a major plus. The only weird thing is that they have seemed to put girls with girls and boys with boys in a room although the dorms where supposed to be mixed. Would have liked to have some guys in my room!

Dear Guest , Thank you for your compliment review , as per as we are only 3 staff here and maybe quite busy in sometime that so we are apologized for that , and about the MIXED dorm condition it's depend on the period of staying which we have many guest to rotate as well.Don't be shy to let us know if you want to stay in the mostly MALE mixed dorm. Best regards, Ow / Nong / Wan : Non La Mer Team

The beds were really comfy, good sized lockers, locks on the doors, provided free tea, coffee and water at all times, breakfast provided (toast and jam etc), good social space with movies on every night our only problem here was one member of staff on reception who took an uncalled for dislike to our group. As far as we could tell we had done nothing wrong however she was continuously rude to us and VERY unhelpful. Other than that, this was a really good hostel.

Clean, good value for money and the 3 girls who run it are very helpful. Drove me to 3 different pharmacies as 2 of them were closed then refused to let me buy her any type of drink or food she wanted. Nice place to chill out as they have a lounge area with a huge DVD selection, also 60b for a large Chang so cheap enough to relax and have a few bottles.

I liked this hostel. It was clean, comfortable, and had a nice hangout area. They have scooters for rent there so it is easy to move around the island. I would certainly recomend this place when in Koh Lanta.

This Place feels Like home ! I just love it there! Ended up staying there for over a Week ..staff is supersuper friendly , everything is very clean and the lobby is great to just Hang out !met a bunch of lovely people there ...What can I say ... I'll definetly come back there!!! Was my best time in Thailand!

Best hostel stayed in so far! Great atmosphere and place to meet new people! The staff are really helpful and friendly - they (and now I) recommend he restaurant over the road krustina krua! Place suits anyone whether your looking to chill solo or meet new people and have memorable experiences! Great island to hire a scooter! Miss this place already!

Great location - 5 minutes away from Long Beach. Staff at hostel was really nice and helpful. Felt very safe and secure in the hostel. Nice room size, great air conditioning (though it turns off from 10-6pm!), very friendly people staying at the hostel. Mini mart next door, restaurants across the street and down the street as you go to the beach there is a smoothie stand (30 baht), curry stand (60 baht) and pad thai stand (60 baht). Definitely recommend!

Wonderful!! Cant recommend this place highly enough, loved everything about it. I booked for 4 nights, and stayed for 10, just couldn't leave the place. Thanks so much for the fantastic memories