Non La Mer Hostel Reviews

305/4-5 Long Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand

Very good and close to the beach which is probably the best beach on the island. The breakfast was toast everyday so we just stocked up, can't really complain about free food. The free water was amazing!! Renting the scooters at the hostel was convenient and good value! Not too many complaints and it had a wonderful vibe and we met some fast good friends! Would definitely come back.

Nice hostel, comfortable and quiet.

• 12th May 2015
  • New Zealand

I don't know what it was, maybe the end of season, maybe the hot weather.. But the staff was so unfriendly! Felt like a burden to ask them and never got a straight answer. It doesn't hurt to smile a little right? The air conditioning was great and the beds very comfy. Also free breakfast is a major plus. The only weird thing is that they have seemed to put girls with girls and boys with boys in a room although the dorms where supposed to be mixed. Would have liked to have some guys in my room!

Dear Guest , Thank you for your compliment review , as per as we are only 3 staff here and maybe quite busy in sometime that so we are apologized for that , and about the MIXED dorm condition it's depend on the period of staying which we have many guest to rotate as well.Don't be shy to let us know if you want to stay in the mostly MALE mixed dorm. Best regards, Ow / Nong / Wan : Non La Mer Team

Clean, good value for money and the 3 girls who run it are very helpful. Drove me to 3 different pharmacies as 2 of them were closed then refused to let me buy her any type of drink or food she wanted. Nice place to chill out as they have a lounge area with a huge DVD selection, also 60b for a large Chang so cheap enough to relax and have a few bottles.

I liked this hostel. It was clean, comfortable, and had a nice hangout area. They have scooters for rent there so it is easy to move around the island. I would certainly recomend this place when in Koh Lanta.

This Place feels Like home ! I just love it there! Ended up staying there for over a Week ..staff is supersuper friendly , everything is very clean and the lobby is great to just Hang out !met a bunch of lovely people there ...What can I say ... I'll definetly come back there!!! Was my best time in Thailand!

Best hostel stayed in so far! Great atmosphere and place to meet new people! The staff are really helpful and friendly - they (and now I) recommend he restaurant over the road krustina krua! Place suits anyone whether your looking to chill solo or meet new people and have memorable experiences! Great island to hire a scooter! Miss this place already!

Great location - 5 minutes away from Long Beach. Staff at hostel was really nice and helpful. Felt very safe and secure in the hostel. Nice room size, great air conditioning (though it turns off from 10-6pm!), very friendly people staying at the hostel. Mini mart next door, restaurants across the street and down the street as you go to the beach there is a smoothie stand (30 baht), curry stand (60 baht) and pad thai stand (60 baht). Definitely recommend!

Wonderful!! Cant recommend this place highly enough, loved everything about it. I booked for 4 nights, and stayed for 10, just couldn't leave the place. Thanks so much for the fantastic memories

Best hostel I stayed at in Thailand. Bathrooms in room is so great plus they have extras downstairs! Very friendly/helpful staff. Great atmosphere. Close to the beach. Nice restaurants around. Easy to rent a scooter from this place then explore Koh Lanta! Actually one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! I really miss this place.

Oh how I loved ko lanta. Great Hostel! Very clean and neat, nice common area. nice rooms clean bathrooms. Very comfortable, good location! Would strongly recommend staying here

The girls who runs the hostel are amazing. Free breakfast of toast and coffee and water all day. They also had free brownies which was so delicious. The hostel was clean and really nice. One of the best hostel I have stayed in.

Very friendly and helpful staff who advised us on day trips and where to go to eat and drink. Atmosphere wasn't the best due to being there in low season. 5 min walk to beach and free coffee and tea available all day.

I love this place.

This hostel is brilliant. We really enjoyed our time here. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. Even had our names on a chalk board when we arrived. Facilities here are awesome the showers were brilliant and the chill area was cool with a TV playing films when you wanted to relax. The beds were so comfy and room was cool at night. lovely breakfast with tea and coffee on tap. It's only a short ride to long beach too. couldn't recommend more.

Way too many rules it's ridiculous and made us feel unwelcome! "Included breakfast" is actually toasts+jam. The floor in our room was not cleaned while we were there.

• 7th Apr 2015

Cons: The staff could smile a bit more..the room was beyond freezing!!!! Very uncomfortable nights. The common area is cool but NO ONE was social because they were too busy watching movies all day.. The TV is a huge mistake. People wanted to play guitar but didn't want to bother pple watching the movies. Not social at all! Only weak wifi in the lobby. Pros: close to the beach, clean, bathroom, provided free water, travel tickets we're cheaper there.

Dear Guest , Thank you for your compliment review, your kind staying at Non La Mer Hostel. Wish you could have much more time to get to know the other guest as well. F.Y.I , after party all night long , hang out at the terrace the easy way to get recovery.

This hostel is amazing! It's a quick walk to long beach, the staff treats you like family, each bed has a personal power plug and light, and there's a common area to relax and watch movies. I booked for 3 nights and ended up staying for 9. I highly recommend this hostel!

One of my favourite hostels for relaxing. Close to Long Beach. Friendly Staff. Nice facilities especially the TV that everyone lays down in front of all day. One of the only hostels in Thailand that have a kitchen you can use and free breakfast included. Great relaxed atmosphere for meeting people.

Amazing Hostel! Beautiful common area, nice communal feel. The family and lady who runs the place are all so nice and helpful with tips on what to do, and how to get around. They will go above and beyond to make sure your plans work out. She went out of her way to get us on a bus to our next destination even though it was fully booked. Home-y feel.

• 28th Mar 2015