Nora's Homestay and Rainforest Reviews

Jl. Orangutan, Bukit Lawang, Indonesia

Although you cannot complain on the cost of the hostel and therefore the services, if you don't want to book an excursion with them the man becomes VERY rude and obnoxious, "forgetting" your breakfast and making you wain an hour for it, adding things to the bill that you didn't have and throwing filthy looks left right and center, if you don't want to shop about for your trip to the jungle stay here im sure he will be lovely, if you want the cheapest price - stay in one of the 50 other hostels

• 18th Aug 2014

Brilliant hostel with very friendly staff and an atmosphere that would suit backpackers of any age. We planned on staying for 2 nights and ended up staying for 4 instead since it was so friendly... Food is delicious and the hostel arrange their own jungle treks for a good price (guides are brilliant - would recommend the two day trek as a minimum). They also arrange airport transfers from Medan airport.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Fantastic! We couldn't have a better stay in the rainforest. Donet made sure that we were very welcome and had a great time. The trek organised by Norah's family was great. Everything what you needed was there: food, Bintang and orangitans. Nothing to add. Thank you very much once again.

This place is also known as rainforest. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful with anything and everything you needed. They Carried our bags for us and helped us with onward travel and places to stay. Room was really clean can't complain for £1 a night!! Gardens and the view are really pretty to!

Every evening people gather downstairs and sing songs with the guitar. We didn't have time to join, but it definitely sounded fun. Dony, Nora's husband is a fun guy.

Wonderful place! I would definitely go back. I was worried that, as a solo female traveler, I might not be able to find an affordable trek with a trustworthy guide, but they helped me find a great guide in my budget range. They also sent someone to meet me at the bus stop to show me the way to the hostel. It's a lovely place too, right next to the rainforest. I highly recommend staying here, you won't regret it!

View all Bukit Lawang Bed and Breakfasts