Nora's Homestay and Rainforest Reviews

Jl. Orangutan, Bukit Lawang, Indonesia

Amazing amazing staff. The guesthouse has its own restaurant with a variety of cheap and delicious food. Some rooms are better than others though, and keep in mind that you are in the middle of the jungle, so don't be surprise if you see a rat or two in your room!

Best value in Bukit Lawang for sure. Most of the staff is great, but some really put pressure on you to book treks with them. But, this is almost the case with all of BL. Great atmosphere and food.

Great hostel right by the river with really really friendly staff. Wifi was ok, can only get it in the restaurant area and was a bit temperamental. Food was ok in the restaurant, but there are def better places to eat. Overall, a good place to stay in Bukit Lawang.

Very nice accommodation, from the road a 5 min walk up the mountain. We enjoyed it here, the staff was excellent, we did a jungle tour for a day with 2 guides room the hostel; just perfect. The food offered by the staff is amazing, though We also tried food from other places, it doesn't compare. We did miss some extra lighting in our room and a way to secure the mosquito net around the bed, as it kept going loose during the night

Staff are friendly and helpful. Room is basic but clean. Wifi is good.

This is not only the best value for money I found in Indonesia, but it is also the most likeable. And this is in particular due to Nela, the good soul and manager of everything. Such a good spirit in this fantastic place. Bring her a Cornetto (chocolate) and she will be your friend instantaneously ;-)

Perfect week. Great people.

• 13th Jul 2015

Nella, who runs the place, has more energy and personality than anyone I've ever met. She knows how to make everyone feel special. The facilities are basic....but hey, you're in the jungle!! I highly recommend Nora's and the jungle tours.

• 8th Jul 2015

Friendly atmosphere. Lovely being surrounded by nature, with the river running by. Great 3 hour trek into the Jungle where we saw 10 orangutuangs! Pleasant room.

Loved, loved, loved the guesthouse, the location and the staff. Everyone was incredibly kind, nice and helpful, especially after I had my bag and my passport stolen in Medan. The price is great, the food is the best in town, the rooms are simple & super clean, and I highly recommend this as you base while exploring the wonderful jungle and Bukit Lawang. I am only sad I couldn't stay longer!

I absolutely loved this place! It's super clean and friendly. Great accomodation, great food and great atmosphere (with guitar music and sing-alongs in the evening). Also a big plus: this place is where all the local tour guides hang out, so it really felt like the place to be. The facilities are good Indonesian standart and similar to what you find in other places of the same price category. Sure, you don't have hot running water , but you're in the Jungle - you really don't need it. :)

• 5th Jun 2015