Northfields Hostel Reviews

264 Northfield Avenue, London, London, England

Staying in hostels, one must not expect a hotel. But hostels needn't be dirty, apathetic places. There is no signage to declare what it is. It wasn't the dirtiest hostel I've seen, but it ranks there with ones in India. Bath/kitchen facilities were present and acceptable- it appears that guests were more responsible for them being tidy. Proximity to Heathrow and the tube is super, so as long as a person does not mind taking responsibility and being proactive/defensive for one's own needs.

• 9th Dec 2014

its really good location, only 30 mins to central locations, and for the price its good, bedding was clean, had a fridge in room was bit grotty but ok. paying so cheap its a good value for money, u can't expect so mch for tis price. Its ok we were only going back there to crash for the nite. close to airport, takes about 30 mins.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Wales

Good location if you are headed to the Heathrow airport the next day but I wouldn't stay longer than a night. The train was very loud and I didn't sleep well.

• 29th Nov 2014

very noisy because of tube trains. nice kitchen. wifi available.

Absolute nightmare! I had reserved a bed in a 3 bed dorm, at my arrival I was just told they had no place in 3 bed dorms, I was given a bed in a 4 bed dorm right on the underground tracks as a resutl I was able to sleep no more than a couple of hours per night!

• 12th Oct 2014

Good value for money. Facilities as shower room could substantially improved.

I was away from home but i had a lovely week away. Staff are very friendly , kind and supportive. I could not complain at all. Its safe very close to station. Its noisey because of station but once i put my ear plugs in im fine. Im very picky where I stay and I can safe Northfields is one of the best Hostel Ive stay and i definatle stay there again.

The showers were very dirty and ugly.

far way from city.room smell. washroom on basement .

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Cyprus

It was nice to come across a new location for the reception, as the previous reception from a night spent there before was right on the stairs. Though, as soon as i got into the room, i had a problem. All i did was try to draw the curtains and the whole lot came tumbling down! I did go down and get a screwdriver myself, and it is a good job i closed the window, as down below was the train lines. Then i had a ' war with a moth ' though as per usual; i won in the end. Could do with refurbishment.

The hostel is located across the Northfields underground station, which is very convenient. However, the tracks are right next to the hostel building. Our sleep was constantly interrupted by passing trains; extremely noisy!! The showers and toilets were very dirty; the showers were lacking some kind of ventilation system for the ceiling was covered in mold. To all those who do a lot of sightseeing and need a good night's sleep as well as a nice shower in the morning, don't book this hostel!

Friendly staff, good location if you have a event at Heathrow Airport, atmosphere could be improve, good value for money.

As the hostel is near the metro station, it is noisy at night. If you travel by metro, it will take you around 45 minutes to go to the city centre. However, if you have an early flight at Heathrow Airport., it is very convenient to get there. The bathroom is dirty. I originally booked a 4 bed room, but they finally put me into a 5 bed room and explain that there are no any 4 bed rooms!