Northfields Hostel Reviews

264 Northfield Avenue, London, London, England

This is an average hostel. Location is good as the underground station is right next to the hostel, but this of course comes with noise effect. Good hostel if you don't want to spend time in it. The wifi they provided was very poor and didn't really work at all. And when it worked you couldn't move because then you'd lose the wifi connection.

The showers here were absolutely terrible. Black mould all over the ceiling, and most of the showers only dribble water out. I was actually worried I'd catch something. My room didn't have enough curtains to cover all the windows and the ones there were, were only thin sheets, so I was awake at 5am every morning. The hostel is also right next door to the underground station, so it is very noisy.

• 4th May 2015

On arrival it was OK but went downhill. The place was pretty clean and tidy and my room was OK but trying to sleep later was impossiblre as it was like a sauna, so I opened the windows and all you can here is the trains. Some items went missing off the table in my room, and they just shrugged...some of the staff came in the room and \i was there said they were just checking. I didn't trust them. Not a traveller freindly place. Bathrooms and shower were gross.

IF YOU LIKE COCKROACHES IN YOUR BED.....THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU........NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID

Plus points + Hostel is actually right next to the Northfields tube station + Common areas and rooms were very clean + Duvets and pillows in bed were super soft Minus points - Shower area had mold with some showers only having boiling hot water, however you got the job done - Noises from outside (such a trains) and from other rooms could be heard easily, however earplugs blocked everything out so it was fine

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Staying in hostels, one must not expect a hotel. But hostels needn't be dirty, apathetic places. There is no signage to declare what it is. It wasn't the dirtiest hostel I've seen, but it ranks there with ones in India. Bath/kitchen facilities were present and acceptable- it appears that guests were more responsible for them being tidy. Proximity to Heathrow and the tube is super, so as long as a person does not mind taking responsibility and being proactive/defensive for one's own needs.

• 9th Dec 2014

its really good location, only 30 mins to central locations, and for the price its good, bedding was clean, had a fridge in room was bit grotty but ok. paying so cheap its a good value for money, u can't expect so mch for tis price. Its ok we were only going back there to crash for the nite. close to airport, takes about 30 mins.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Wales

Good location if you are headed to the Heathrow airport the next day but I wouldn't stay longer than a night. The train was very loud and I didn't sleep well.

• 29th Nov 2014

very noisy because of tube trains. nice kitchen. wifi available.

Absolute nightmare! I had reserved a bed in a 3 bed dorm, at my arrival I was just told they had no place in 3 bed dorms, I was given a bed in a 4 bed dorm right on the underground tracks as a resutl I was able to sleep no more than a couple of hours per night!

• 12th Oct 2014

Good value for money. Facilities as shower room could substantially improved.

I was away from home but i had a lovely week away. Staff are very friendly , kind and supportive. I could not complain at all. Its safe very close to station. Its noisey because of station but once i put my ear plugs in im fine. Im very picky where I stay and I can safe Northfields is one of the best Hostel Ive stay and i definatle stay there again.

The showers were very dirty and ugly.

far way from city.room smell. washroom on basement .

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Cyprus

It was nice to come across a new location for the reception, as the previous reception from a night spent there before was right on the stairs. Though, as soon as i got into the room, i had a problem. All i did was try to draw the curtains and the whole lot came tumbling down! I did go down and get a screwdriver myself, and it is a good job i closed the window, as down below was the train lines. Then i had a ' war with a moth ' though as per usual; i won in the end. Could do with refurbishment.

The hostel is located across the Northfields underground station, which is very convenient. However, the tracks are right next to the hostel building. Our sleep was constantly interrupted by passing trains; extremely noisy!! The showers and toilets were very dirty; the showers were lacking some kind of ventilation system for the ceiling was covered in mold. To all those who do a lot of sightseeing and need a good night's sleep as well as a nice shower in the morning, don't book this hostel!

Friendly staff, good location if you have a event at Heathrow Airport, atmosphere could be improve, good value for money.

As the hostel is near the metro station, it is noisy at night. If you travel by metro, it will take you around 45 minutes to go to the city centre. However, if you have an early flight at Heathrow Airport., it is very convenient to get there. The bathroom is dirty. I originally booked a 4 bed room, but they finally put me into a 5 bed room and explain that there are no any 4 bed rooms!

I stayed here to be close to the airport for an early flight. It took 45 minutes to get me checked in (I'd booked well in advance). The facilities are not clean, and the building is basically sketchy. There is no other word for it. If you just need a place to crash for one night, it works out fine, but if you're going to see London, cough up the extra cash for a better place.

Very basic, the rooms are spacious but could use a thorough clean and update, very drab. Toilets weren't cleaned often enough, filthy by morning! Shower was hot and there were good transport links but they were the only positives. I'd only recommend this place if you're there for a single night and don't intend to do anything but sleep.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6