Northfields Hostel Reviews

264 Northfield Avenue, London, London, England

The hostel is located across the Northfields underground station, which is very convenient. However, the tracks are right next to the hostel building. Our sleep was constantly interrupted by passing trains; extremely noisy!! The showers and toilets were very dirty; the showers were lacking some kind of ventilation system for the ceiling was covered in mold. To all those who do a lot of sightseeing and need a good night's sleep as well as a nice shower in the morning, don't book this hostel!

Friendly staff, good location if you have a event at Heathrow Airport, atmosphere could be improve, good value for money.

As the hostel is near the metro station, it is noisy at night. If you travel by metro, it will take you around 45 minutes to go to the city centre. However, if you have an early flight at Heathrow Airport., it is very convenient to get there. The bathroom is dirty. I originally booked a 4 bed room, but they finally put me into a 5 bed room and explain that there are no any 4 bed rooms!

Very basic, the rooms are spacious but could use a thorough clean and update, very drab. Toilets weren't cleaned often enough, filthy by morning! Shower was hot and there were good transport links but they were the only positives. I'd only recommend this place if you're there for a single night and don't intend to do anything but sleep.

The staff was approachable and welcoming. I liked that there wasn' too many beds in the room which helped make it value for money. It was a relief after coming from a previous hostel that it had full kitchen facilities, compplimentary wifi and free baggage storage. I would like see the cleanliness improve as there were flys flying around the mens bathroom was not always stocked of tissues in each toilet. In and around the toilets should be cleaned more than ones a day for cleanliness. Good stay

• 1st Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The Hostel has everything you might need but on the night I stayed (the hottest day of the year so far in May) the heating was going full blast in the room! Therefore the window had to be open but then the room window faces the Piccadilly Line overland. I ended up leaving at 0100 and going to sleep in my car, pity.

• 18th May 2014

The hostel wasn't the fanciest, and some might be bothered by the noise from the underground station, but the location was perfect for my layover at Heathrow, and the neighborhood was very cute.

This place isn't too bad for a short stay. It has one problem, which can be considered quite a big problem - the hostel is situated right next to the overground train tracks so I would high recommend that if you're staying here, that you bring some good quality ear plugs. Noise aside, the place is decent for the money. Decor makes the place look run down, but it has the essentials - kitchen facilities, clean bed. I only stayed here one day - showers looked quite run down though.

Staff abrupt and un willing to help. Arived to be given an unclean room

• 6th Nov 2013

If you want to enjoy London, please don,t let this place ruin your trip ! Those pictures were taken ages ago, everything was old in fact. No ID check when I arrived. Reception was so awful. He put me in a room with two other women who were really living there with all their own closets. It looked more like I was gonna surf her couch or something. Then I checked the toilets, as expected, didn't work and dirty. I finally left the place for somewhere better.

Don't believe the photos, it looks nothing like that. It looks dirty, dated and neglected and the one saving grace is the wifi. The double windows block out some of the train noise, which is very loud, but they're shared with the room next door so if they close theirs its noisy in ours. Ridiculous! Walls are paper thin and you hear everything. An awful, dirty place. I won't be back.

Terrible place! The pictures were taken years ago, everything is very old and dirty. The shower is disgusting and the bedroom is awful. I am really disapointed with hostel world for let this place be in their list. I always use these website to try find places everywhere in the world, but a place like that should never be in the hostelword website! Very disapointed!

train is very noisey.

The hostel is in an excellent location for the subway, right across the street. Light sleepers bring ear plugs because you can here the trains every couple of minutes. The kitchen is decent and grocery stores are within walking distance to get food and cook it in kitchen. It takes 20 mins by subway to central London. Totally worth staying here instead of other hostels in central London charge way more per night. Most people keep to themselves and are respectful. THe beds are comfy but, squeak.

• 16th Sep 2013

I stayed for one night on my way out of London. It's directly across the street from the underground and about 15 minutes to Heathrow. If you have an early flight don't worry about missing it as the trains will wake you up when they start running at 5am. The toilets in the bathroom didn't flush, the kitchen was questionable, and the beds were squeaky. Front desk guy was nice enough, but didn't want to take credit cards so bring cash. A decent place if you're not expecting much.

Value for money, close enough to airport if you want somewhere to just crash out and is directly across from tube. My bed gave me the sorest back imaginable but It was okay

Staff weren't that nice and the hotel could do with some updating!! If you didn't lock your room door every time you went in or out the door wouldn't shut properly.

• 15th Jun 2013

It was not the greatest hostel. No warm welcome, more of a skeptical acceptance than anything. We didn't see anybody at all. Almost like a desolate atmosphere!

On a positive note, it is right next to a tube station, FREE WI-FI, close by a supermarket, near Heathrow, and with plenty of cheap eateries nearby. Staff was very helpful and friendly. For me the location was great. Unfortunately the beds were very squeaky and the tube station is very noise. You should buy a couple of earplugs like I did. I had 2 very good roommate. I was lucky for 7 nights with them. Don't forget it,this is a hostel not a hotel! It is not family friendly.

• 8th Jun 2013
  • Hungary

Very helpful staff, 24 hour reception really useful when you have to check out and start your journey early.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6