8.4
Fabulous 1,478 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 1,478 Total Reviews
NosDa Hostel & Bar Located at Despenser Street, Riverside, Cardiff.
Wales
Cardiff CF11 6AG Despenser Street, Riverside
84% 1478
51.4789356 -3.1859750
    Rooms available

• Wales, Mixed Group, 41+
24th Nov 2016

Great location, very friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely stay again.

• nbulowski
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
29th Oct 2016
7.4

Overall a really good stay! The bar was great, showers were good, only thing was the rooms were really small which meant there wasn't much space to put your bags. Self catering kitchen was great though!

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad to hear that you had a nice time at NosDa and that you've enjoyed your stay at NosDa. Our rooms come in different sizes. If you are in a smaller room please note that we do offer free luggage storage and there's also lockers in the corridor that you could use. We hope to see you again the next time you are travelling to Cardiff.

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 18-24
29th Oct 2016
8.0

Perfect location and overall a good hostel. The bed was a bit lumpy and we (2 mid 20s girls) were placed in a 6 bed dorm with 4 older men which was a bit uncomfortable at times, especially with one of the men choosing to sleep naked and us seeing everything! Staff were really understanding and helpful when we let them know about this issue though!

Hi, Thanks for your feedback and high rating! Lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are sorry about the inappropriate behaviour of some of our guests. As you can imagine, it is hard for us to police this at all times, but we appreciate you coming down to inform us about the situation, which we were then able to deal with straight away. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in Wales!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
30th Sep 2016

Really nice staff, amenitites served their purpose. Not so lively but it could of been the weekend we went.

Hi, Thank you for your nice rating. Good to hear that our staff was nice. You should try and stay here during a rugby weekend, it'll be bursting with atmosphere!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
17th Sep 2016
6.0

If you like listening to the heavy metal band playing in the bar from your bedroom, 5 second timer showers (not joking), paying for lockers in your room and hate having WiFi that works, then this is the place for you! Location is good tho :)

Hi, Thanks for your comments. Please note that lockers are free of charge and we are looking to get a better wi-fi connection very soon. NosDa organises live music in the pubic bar every few weeks, and even though most guests enjoy watching local bands play, we apologies if it caused you any inconvenience.

• Mexico, Male, 31-40
13th Sep 2016

Can believe i was sleeping at a hostal ... if u forget the other people sleeping at the room, LOL

Hi, Thank you so much for your high score! Great that you had a nice stay with us

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2016
5.7

I was happy they let me check in so late. However, my overall experience was less than ideal. My mattress was terrible, I could feel all the springs in it. It's probably not a big deal, but as someone inexperienced with hostels it really threw me off that I was in a mixed gender room and they didn't tell me.

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Please note that when you make a booking through HostelWorld it does say what kind of room you've booked (mixed or female only), our staff would have assumed you knew what you had booked and therefore didn't inform you about the room being mixed. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy staying in a mixed dorm. Most of our mattresses have recently been replaced, there's a few that still need replacing which will happen in the near future. We hope you'll consider staying with us again.

• classic_nomadic
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
10th Sep 2016
7.4

Friendly and helpful staff, especially the night receptionist who helped me switch rooms after having an extremely disruptive room mate. Small cosy bar with good selection of local beers. The breakfast was cheap and simple, which was great. Floors and tables seemed dirty at times but no big deal. I was checked in by the owners daughter who was very friendly. The only real downfall would be the atmosphere, or I guess lack of atmosphere. Too many locals who hogged the pool table. Good location.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your comments. Sorry to hear that some of our guests kept you up at night, luckily our staff were able to help you and sort the issue out. Hope you had a nice time staying at NosDa and it's great to hear that you'v enjoyed our facilities.

• New Zealand, Male, 31-40
9th Sep 2016

I really enjoyed of my stay there. Recommended.

Thanks very much for your kind review!

4th Sep 2016
6.9

I had the unfortunate experience of having my laptop stolen from my zipped suitcase (which was left on my bed). Not aware of any specific security, unless you ask to leave your valuables at reception. There were no lockers in the 8bed room and I was the only female in a room full of guys. I thank the staff enormously for their support after the event, but Cardiff hostels (I've stayed in four) need lockers and floor-space in the room for moving around, not just for dumping luggage.

Hi, We are very sorry for your laptop getting stolen. However we do provide lockers down the hall, if you're staying in a dorm that doesn't have any in the room. There are several places where you can safely store your valuables, we encourage you to use these next time. We apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you, and we hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future.