NosDa Studio Hostel Reviews

Despenser Street, Riverside, Cardiff, Wales

Nice location and atmosphere with restaurant and wifi downstairs. Appreciated women-only room. Felt safe as a single woman traveler. Clean and nicely decorated. Mattress springs were past their prime, though. Very fine continental breakfast. I'd stay again!

• 9th Apr 2014

The only reason I rated the facilities average was because the wifi really didn't work at all.

• 8th Apr 2014

Overall it was a very nice place. It had a great location, it was clean and colorful. The only thing I wish they would improve is their Wi-Fi. I couldn't connect to their network and ended up using another one and even with it I could only use on the first level of the building.

• 21st Mar 2014

Good atmosphere and I met some nice people there. Bed is not very comfortable and linen need to be washed more often.

It's a good hostel, however the bed is not very comfortable and the linen need to be washed more often.

Was very happy. It was my third stay in 5 years. Like very much the atmosphere and staff in general. (only 1 was a bit moody) Think the breakfast could have more variety such as yogurts, bacon, eggs, tomatoes included or available to order at a cost...

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Wales

I was staying in the 4 girl dorm and I did not realise until I got into bed (quite late) that my bed didn't have a mattress but was in fact two long leather foot stools. It was bed shaped but at all as comfortable and the sheets came off in the night because the leather was slippery. It was quite bumpy due to the apolstery... The other 3 beds had mattresses. All I wanted from them was a bed to sleep in so I am unimpressed that I paid £20 and did not get a bed. Other than that they were great tho

• 3rd Mar 2014

Very friendly staff, good Wifi, nice location, nice breakfast.

The staff were very friendly and helpful! The bar and hotel are open to the general public, but you have to have a key card to get into the section where the rooms are. The location is ideal to see everything in Cardiff. You're across the river from the massive rugby stadium and it's only a short walk from the train station and the civic center. It's a great place for students. The walls are a little thin and definitely bring sandals for the bathroom and shower. Overall, an awesome hostel!

Staff dealt with difficult fellow guests very quickly and efficiently, great stay and would happily go back!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Wales

First hostel I've ever stayed at, so I'm not sure if it was quite worth the money. However, staff was friendly, rooms and bathrooms were clean, and there was live music at the bar when I was there. I'm not much of a drinker, so not being allowed to have alcohol in the rooms didn't bother me. The only thing that bothered me was that the showers were incredibly hot because they were push-button.

Great place with really good breakfast and nice bar. Nice staff. Only 5-7 min walk to the central station.

Central location, perfect to visit the city. Room quite small, good only for a short stay. There were 6 beds and only four lockers and the table and chairs couldn't actually be used, because there was no space. Rich breakfast (the only thing missing was yogurt), clean bathroom, well equipped kitchen. The lounge is a nice place to spend an evening and have a drink, if you don't feel like going out.

• 19th Feb 2014

All the staff were really helpful and jolly and couldn't be more helpful. The outside of the hostel lets it down as it's shabby and could do with tidy up and alick of paint. The room was spotless, although a little bit small for 3. Mind you we all slept really well!! Having a car park is excellent, and probably saved us a lot on parking fees. The location was perfect, we had a great couple of days shopping.

• 18th Feb 2014

Very friendly and well facilitated place. Large lounge and bar. The hostel is situated inside central Cardiff couple of minutes away from everywhere. Value excellent. Many thanks for my stay.

Great location (5 mins to city centre and rail station). Clean, quiet, free breakfast, free wifi, free map, nice staff. The wifi is really weak on the top floor though.

Me and my boyfriend were the first time in Wells and it was a great experience. Our accommodation in Nosda Studio Hostel was so good, Staff kindly and nice; we were in Cardiff for RBS 6 Nations and we had a fantastic surprise: the hostel is in front of Millenium Stadium! WE RECOMMEND IT!!

• 30th Jan 2014

Good cheap stay at Cardiff, room was rather cold and lighting poor, we had a good time as group of friends together in a 5 person bunk room, budget stay great, but if you like your comforts in rooms, this is not place for you, although beds were very comfy. Lounge and Bar very cosy, will come back for pre match drinks again. Diolch Nos Da

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Wales

Had a very good time here, and can't wait for my next visit already, the staff were extremely welcoming and brilliant fun at the bar. the location is brilliant close to everything we wanted to visit, mainly bars and clubs, but i'm sure there is plenty more around ;)

• 24th Jan 2014

The hostel was a bit of a walk from the Kingsway bus station and Cardiff Central, but not too bad unless it was raining! Though the hallway to my dorm looked like it was partway through renovation, the dorm was reasonably clean (with outlets at each bed) as was the washroom, and the showers were hot, which was good. I liked the availability of the kitchen, which was well supplied, though the microwave looked like it needed replacing. Staff was helpful. All in all a good stay.