NosDa Studio Hostel Reviews

Despenser Street, Riverside, Cardiff, Wales

When we arrived we were shocked at the state of cleanliness: super-sticky tables in the lobby; the floor in our room hadn't been swept (let alone washed) after the previous guests left. We don't expect luxury, obviously, just some basic hygiene. OK, so I got a broom & dustpan and gave theroom & stairs & landings a good sweep - just like I do at as home, really :-( - and that fixed the problem. After that, we did enjoy our stay. Really liked the breakfast and the great terrace. Thank you!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Austria

This is a brilliant place to stay and will definitely stay here again!

Absolutely fantastic. Great location, spacious sand clean rooms. Helpful staff.

The hostel had a good bar, spacious dorm with good facilities.

This place is huge! I loved all of the different seating areas that were available. Your location was *perfect*!! When I come back to Cardiff I'll be staying here for sure! The bedding exceeded my expectations! Oh and the wifi worked just fine for me in the room!

I found it more than I expected

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Iraq

Great place to stay. The biggest problem was that the room was incredibly hot making sleep challenging despite the beer! Even with the windows wide open it wasn't enough to cool it.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The staff were very friendly and atmosphere great.

• 17th Jun 2014

We had a nice stay and very supportive staff.

• 16th Jun 2014

Not sure why this place is so pricey. The rooms are nice & the beds are comfortable, but you're over a pub and won't have any luck trying to sleep before it closes. Pub's nice, good for watching football. Kitchen & common areas are well equipped, but the bathroom is pretty par for the course. The hostel is just a few minutes' walk from Cardiff Castle & Bute Park but the surrounding area tends hardcore towards the sketchy side of things.

Good location and nice modern hostel. However the bathrooms were a bit gross in the morning. Also they weren't well laid out, there was very little room to get around other people using them, the hand drier stuck out too far so would go off almost every time you walked passed it and the bathroom was really poorly ventilated so was really hot and airless. I appreciated the addition of fresh fruit at breakfast as most hostels offering breakfast make no concessions for gluten intolerant guests.

It may have been jusg because the weather was very un-welsh when I was there, but the room I was staying in was ridiculously hot and humid, it was almost insufferable. That's really all I took away with me from my stay.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Wales

It was loud until late because there is a bar directly underneath the bedrooms at the front. The mattresses were the most uncomfortable I've ever tried- it felt like sleeping on a bag of springs. Over priced for what it offered (which was no possibility of sleep).

• 6th Jun 2014

Wonderful hostel! Clean, fun, good location and great people. Def recommend for anyone passing through cardiff.

• 25th May 2014

I loved the common area of this hostel. It's in the main entrance, and there's plenty of space. I ended up hanging out there until early in the morning just talking to people from around the world. It helps that we had free tea and coffee to keep us going. The free breakfast is also awesome. Facilities were just ok. Rooms are great, but bathrooms could use some work. There's no dry space in the showers to change, and it has poor lighting. Also, wifi was a major issue. Staff are really nice

Thanks for a good stay

The bed was pretty uncomfortable. Desk stuff was very nice and friendly.

• 12th May 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a stag weekend, had a en suit for 3 and a room for 6. Had everything we needed. Room for six was tight for space, nowhere to put luggage, but we were only using it to get our heads down at night, was not woken by other guests like i thought we might be. Would deffinately use again if staying in Cardiff.

• 9th May 2014

The block wall needs to be consolidated since we could hear music from down stare and people talking from next door.

Nice place nd that too in the heart of the city. No wifi other than on the ground floor..if you guys can do something about it, it would be awesom. On my next visit to cardiff, i am gonna go back to NosDa for sure.

• 18th Apr 2014