Notting Hill Hostel Reviews

63 Prince's Square, London, England

Great hostel

• 15th Oct 2014

I had a double bed room at the Notting Hill Hostel. Room was very cold and moist. Window had been open before my arrival and the floor was totally wet. Places were untidy and toilets unclean. Rooms only chair was broken. For the money that I had to pay for this it was unpleasant experience and I was happy that I didn't have to spend more than one night there.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Got mugged just outside the building, had wallet, passport and phone stolen. And I had my key deposit receipt also stolen. In the morning as I was leaving I told the chap at the reception my condition, and he said without the receipt he could not refund me the 10 pounds key deposit, even with the key. I told him I obviously had no incentive then to give him his key back. He rather menacingly suggested that he had my credit card details still. Neither safe, reasonable or competent.

DO NOT STAY HERE!They did not provide me with a room key,rooms were not as described (the "ensuite" was a cupboard pretty much),the shared bathroom was a garden hose connected to a tap,dirty,unhelpful staff who did not help resolve issues,the room was stifling despite the mild weather outside.But above all, no security for luggage or valuables what so ever! Especially because they could not even give me my own key for my room!I ended up leaving after 1 night. Please avoid this terrible hostel.

• 16th Sep 2014

Nice staff and great location. Have to pay for WiFi by the hour and no lockers in room. Large kitchen and dining area

Great hostel, loved it!

• 24th Aug 2014

You do get what you pay for, but it is value for money, we were on a tight budget and was ideal for a place stay for a couple of nights.

• 15th Aug 2014

The staff were friendly, though spoke stilted English. I booked a deluxe triple room with ensuite. The room was far from deluxe and did not have a toilet in it. It had a shower cubicle

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Not too bad, showers not big enough and all the shower caps broken. WiFi doesn't work in the rooms, just work near reception area. Overall not too bad.

• 1st Aug 2014

Very nice place to stay. Right by Hyde Park and lits of subway access. Has a very homey atmosphere. Next time I'm in London, I'm staying here again. Also amazing price for the location.

Guys you really need to fix the showers. Only one working shower between everyone in a tiny cubicle. Also wifi doesn't reach most of the rooms and the kitchen kinda leaves something to be desired. But frankly we liked our stay there and very good value for money. Our dorm was mostly empty and hostel was really quiet, so u get very good nights sleep.

Bathrooms were terrible, smelt horrible and so small. And not money. Wifi only works on 3rd floor and lower

• 21st Jul 2014

On their website was breakfast included. When we arrived we were told that we had to pay for the breakfast. Their was one living/diningroom with 1 table and 5 chair ( 3 settej) to sit and have your (own) breakfast. Kitchen was dirty, not enough knives, cups etc. Cleaning of the room was poorly. When we came the room was (very) dirty. I had to clean it myself (closet was very very dirty). Shower was hardly functioning.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff seemed aloof and confused that people were coming in with reservations...but the hostel is in a good area of town. For the very low value of the money we paid, I guess it was good...

• 14th Jul 2014

Staff was not friendly and also did not give a tour of the hostel. Washrooms were small and not clean, no soap.

Staff were amazing, very friendly people there. Discount for staying a week. nothing can be faulted.

• 30th Jun 2014

I enjoyed my stay, shower did not drain properly and the shower sprayed everywhere but still nice enough. Beds were comfy and It was safe to leave belongings in room. It has everything you need, perfect if you are not fussy.

• 25th Jun 2014

Many Thanks, Mate! Now the shower has a new hose and head thanks to you, we will add few more perks and hope to see you again.

WARNING! LEAVE NOW! DONT GO AND IF YOURE ALREADY THERE GET OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

• 6th Jun 2014

The rooms are clean as well as the shower rooms and the bathrooms. Still no soap in the bathrooms for example. No special facilities, but still the tv/dining/kitchen room is a good place to meet nice people (and have some dinner that you can cook by yourself) The price for the room is good to the service provided

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Egypt

DO NOT STAY HERE. I would rather pay to stay on the street than spend a night in this place. Shown to the top floor past workmen painting over the years of dirt and decay we dropped our things off and had to leave due to the paint fumes only to return a couple of hours later to our room and belongings soaked with water dripping from the roof and light fitting. When we enquired about a change of room or refund we were made to wait 2 hours for a staff member who could give us a partial refund.