Notting Hill Hostel Reviews

63 Prince's Square, London, England

No lockers at all, the room had a key but everyone left the door open. Mice. Dirty bathrooms. Kitchen an absolute wreck, the place was full of old men and barely any backpackers. A very uncomfortable stay. The only plus was that the staff are quite friendly and the location is good. Cheap stay on weekends

THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE BURNT AVOID, AVOID, AVOID DO NOT GO HERE! We walked in and left in less than one hour.... Horrible, disgraceful, disgusting, the worst place I've ever seen! If this was the last place on earth available I wouldn't stay here. Enough said? Please shut this place down...

AVOID AVOID AVOID this is the worst place I've never stayed. Yes that is correct we walked in and within the hour walked out as it is not fit for my dog let alone humans. The whole place needs to be demolished. Absolutely disgusting. Pointless calling management all they care about is money. Words can't describe how horrible this place is. If I could have given it 0 out of 100 I would. Someone call the authorities on this place.

We used the kitchen just for the breakfast, but i would have never cooked something over there. It was very dirty and small. It wasn't the first time for me to stay in room with a lot of other people, but really, there was no space for everybody. The price was not so high, anyway it wasn't proportioned for the place. There are no security lockers, you have to put everything in a common room where everybody could take your baggage if they want. The position was good enough.

Stayed in several hostels over the space of a few weeks while waiting for my new flat to be sorted and here became a regular. Staff spoke great english and were always polite and friendly even though I was arriving late and leaving early. They even upgraded me to a better room a few times when they had spaces, a great little place.

• 11th Nov 2014

As expected by prior reviews, I didn't arrive anticipating a 5 star hotel...but it was worse than I thought. First, I will start with the positives: Ralph, one of the staff- was AMAZING. The location is superb for the money- close to the Tube. The downfalls: very chaotic (we didn't have beds in our room for the first two nights), no lockers for valuables, a staff told me to throw someone's stuff off of their bed and use that bed because I paid...WHAT?! Would not stay again, worst hostel so far.

Great hostel

• 15th Oct 2014

I had a double bed room at the Notting Hill Hostel. Room was very cold and moist. Window had been open before my arrival and the floor was totally wet. Places were untidy and toilets unclean. Rooms only chair was broken. For the money that I had to pay for this it was unpleasant experience and I was happy that I didn't have to spend more than one night there.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Got mugged just outside the building, had wallet, passport and phone stolen. And I had my key deposit receipt also stolen. In the morning as I was leaving I told the chap at the reception my condition, and he said without the receipt he could not refund me the 10 pounds key deposit, even with the key. I told him I obviously had no incentive then to give him his key back. He rather menacingly suggested that he had my credit card details still. Neither safe, reasonable or competent.

DO NOT STAY HERE!They did not provide me with a room key,rooms were not as described (the "ensuite" was a cupboard pretty much),the shared bathroom was a garden hose connected to a tap,dirty,unhelpful staff who did not help resolve issues,the room was stifling despite the mild weather outside.But above all, no security for luggage or valuables what so ever! Especially because they could not even give me my own key for my room!I ended up leaving after 1 night. Please avoid this terrible hostel.

• 16th Sep 2014

Nice staff and great location. Have to pay for WiFi by the hour and no lockers in room. Large kitchen and dining area

Great hostel, loved it!

• 24th Aug 2014

You do get what you pay for, but it is value for money, we were on a tight budget and was ideal for a place stay for a couple of nights.

• 15th Aug 2014

The staff were friendly, though spoke stilted English. I booked a deluxe triple room with ensuite. The room was far from deluxe and did not have a toilet in it. It had a shower cubicle

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Not too bad, showers not big enough and all the shower caps broken. WiFi doesn't work in the rooms, just work near reception area. Overall not too bad.

• 1st Aug 2014

Very nice place to stay. Right by Hyde Park and lits of subway access. Has a very homey atmosphere. Next time I'm in London, I'm staying here again. Also amazing price for the location.

Guys you really need to fix the showers. Only one working shower between everyone in a tiny cubicle. Also wifi doesn't reach most of the rooms and the kitchen kinda leaves something to be desired. But frankly we liked our stay there and very good value for money. Our dorm was mostly empty and hostel was really quiet, so u get very good nights sleep.

Bathrooms were terrible, smelt horrible and so small. And not money. Wifi only works on 3rd floor and lower

• 21st Jul 2014

On their website was breakfast included. When we arrived we were told that we had to pay for the breakfast. Their was one living/diningroom with 1 table and 5 chair ( 3 settej) to sit and have your (own) breakfast. Kitchen was dirty, not enough knives, cups etc. Cleaning of the room was poorly. When we came the room was (very) dirty. I had to clean it myself (closet was very very dirty). Shower was hardly functioning.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff seemed aloof and confused that people were coming in with reservations...but the hostel is in a good area of town. For the very low value of the money we paid, I guess it was good...

• 14th Jul 2014