Notting Hill Hostel Reviews

63 Prince's Square, London, England

This place was absolutely terrible. Quite possibly the worst atmosphere for a hostel I've ever experienced. The place was filthy and moldy, there were no locks for your things, the place was dank and gross. I couldn't wait to get out.

There are alot of older male guests staying at the hostel,some long term.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Definetly not the best hostel, and not one that I would recommend for solo we on travellers. There are some permanent residents who are older males. Also the showers/bathroom facilities Re not great. Very tiny showed with no room to get changed, so the floors get wet very easily making it then difficult to use the toilets also. There is Also A foul smell in the toilets and showers. My mattess was hard with springs sticking out. Although it is cheap, spend a couple extra pound for quality.

Very dirty

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Honduras

I stayed here before, and I think maybe they have new management now because the place is totally different. The place is very clean, if there were any issues, we mentioned to the front desk and the staff took care of any issues within 15 minutes. Great kitchen, the tv lounge could do with a bit of improvement. Hot clean showers, generally clean toilets, very clean rooms, and the staff is helpful, attentive, and friendly. I very highly recommend this hostel.

• 15th Mar 2015

I've come to this place 4 times now in 1 month and I have to say I was really unhappy when I first arrived. The place was in terrible state and it looked like the cleaning had not been a priority in a while. Yet after I expressed the issue to the staff, they did everything to make me feel comfortable and Ray, just back from holidays put loads of efforts to make sure the hostel looks decent and I can tell on my 4th stay there, the improvement is HUGE and its still going upward.

• 14th Mar 2015

Is a nice place near queensway with an excellent value for money!!! Some minutes from tube and every kind of shop. Have also the possibility to put preciuos stuff in reception. Not much places permitt this.

• 11th Mar 2015

This hostel is a squat ! We we arrived we found people smoking on our beds, we report it to the hostle keepers who barely accepted to hive us proper sheets and the awfull smells from the bathroom obviously revealed that somebody puked in it just before our arrival !!! I wouldn't recommand this hostel to anyone !

• 6th Mar 2015

The bunk beds were extremely squeaky, and the room smelled funny from the sink and shower. It's not the cleanest place, but it's bearable for a short weekend stay. 10-minute walk from two tube stops, close to fast food/convenience stores and a Barclay's ATM. Some of the front desk people didn't speak English very well (in London tho??), and weren't very helpful with directions to the airport so don't count on them for help when you're checking out.

I have stayed at Notting Hill Hostel on several occasions on my visits to London and have enjoyed my stays there. There are two reasons which stand out for me. 1) I like the location. The hostel is in one of the best areas near Hyde Park and with good transport to other places. 2) Friendly and attentive staff who have been very accomodating accommodating.

• 31st Jan 2015

The management and staff were very helpful and professional. Huge Thank You to RAy for the warm welcoming, and advice.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Lithuania

nice beautiful location in notting hill. the staff were friendly. the room had a very creaky bunk bed and the shower and bathroom were in the room but needed to be maintained better. friendly, interesting people to meet.

Hostel is in an excellent location, close to three tube stations. Staff very professional, helpful and cheerful. Hostel is quiet with a good armosphere. Beds are comfortable and always hot water in the showers. Would recommend for a peaceful stay. Cheers

• 20th Jan 2015

The place was so peaceful and quiet. The staff are well-behaved especially Ray was very nice and helpful. I had booked a mixed six-bed room but he kindly gave me a four-bed female room at no extra cost. The beds were comfortable. The internet was fast. The only problem was that in my second stay I was given a room on the FIFTH floor which made me out breath.

The hostel staff was nice. I booked for 8 person dorm, they accomodate me to 3 person dorm free of charge. Location was perfect, very close to hyde park.

Wonderful staff, wonderful stay, I will be back!

Only stayed here one night but it was pleasant, I was the only person in a 4 bed all female room and really was there for a total of 7 hours, all 7 of which were used to sleep before my flight back home. Room was fine, had a shower and sink, locked, and front staff were kind and funny. You can smell some mould but it's an old hostel/old building and you get what you pay for!

We booked a double private room and we were checked in 2 hours later than we should and the room was not cleaned, after urging them for over an hour they finally changed the sheet, but they did not even vacuum the place. The wall is cracking and nothing is working in the room, there are not enough toilet and all them are disgusting , there are barely any kitchen utensil in the kitchen as well. Overall there are better option around the same area for your money.

very very dirty and disorganized

• 31st Dec 2014

Attitude of staff is poor, and the room is cramped like a prison