Notting Hill Hostel Reviews

63 Prince's Square, London, England

For a european hostel this is the WORSTEST hostel i have never seen. I'm sorry for the staff working their. If you don't want to loose your money DON'T BOOK this hostel. NO REFUND even if you respect the 24 hour policy so it means that you can't change your plan or mind. The manager never answer me. The femal dorm was durty and the shower disgusting and unhealthy. Conclusion: THEY ARE THIEVES. Thanks for Hostelworld customer service for their help.

location is great, close to the kensington gardens and hyde park. you can take short trip by bus to the city center also. staff is very nice and they keep doing their job properly, no complains. small showers and toilets could be disadvatages. I did not recommend 8 beds room, it's too small and crowdy, better 4 or 6. that's the only bad thing. there is a kitchen, you can cook your own dishes and the common room with comfy sofas. that's all folks, bye.

Hi there! My stay wasmore than positive. Hostel in Central London close to several tube stion, buses, Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Marble Arch, Oxford Street ... Small hostel, not crowded, beds comfortable, maximum 8 beds per room, clean bed sheets, good kitchen (coffee, tea, oil, spices and more are provided !!!). Terrace, for free barbecues, with wooden table, wooden chairs, huge sun umbrella, like in yourown back garden at home. CCTV in action all the time, reception 24 hours a day. A+++

• 3rd Aug 2015

It is a very nice hostel and price is reasonable as well.......and what I really like is staff are friendly and helpful

• Egypt

AMAZING PLACE !! NICE GARDEN WITH BBQ AREA! HEPLFULL STAFF!!

• Romania

Great place. Friendly stuff and nice atmosphere. Defently value of money

• Romania

small space in dorm, no chair

The oven didn't work. The bathroom in the room and I didn't use it cause it would make the room humidity higher. The kitchen TV room was very disgusting. Only one staff was helpful and nice is the supervisor there. So far I thinks this hostel only highlight is the location. It's a long way to be a real hosstel. Cheer up

I know it is a cheap hotel, but for God's sake, the tiny room I was assigned was completely stuffed with people... 8 beds in a very small place it is not ok at all!! the recepcionist was rude in my arrival (he really need to learn how to treat customers). I had to move to another place, I couldn't stay more than one hour in that horrific place they call hostal!! (of course my money was not refund)

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Ecuador

We had upper beds 15.07 till 16.07 and there were not any chair to sit in the room. Where had we to sit for a while? On the beds of our neighbors?

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Russia

It was my second time in Notting Hill hostel. Amazing staff and atmosphere. Great people. Luggage room and kitchen is very convenient. Good wifi and perfect location make this place very good value of money.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Poland

The room was way too small for the amount of beds that were in it. Couldn't put my suitcase anywhere let alone open it. The kitchen was very dirty and not much cutlery for everyone. Only a couple of pots that were acceptable for cooking.

Room could nearly fit the four beds that were in it. And considering I had to share it with three other girls who were residents (like many others staying here), the only space for me and my bag was on my bed. The place is a very bad maintained old building, it smelled really bad and it was extremely dirty. The staff were all right though, and the location is great. But I would not go back, nor recommend it to others.

• 3rd Jul 2015

great location , awesome stuff really very helpful ... enjoyed my stay there and garden is just amazing... definitely worth to visit :)

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

The room is small and very wet, very humid (like too many bodies pressed together). There is nowhere to put your luggage (no lockers, won't fit under the bed, no space next to the beds) and no way to lock it away so I was nervous leaving my suitcase out. I asked to leave and said that I would stay the night, but wanted a refund for my other five days. They didn't refund me the £60 though I moved out. Oh, there's also a £10 key deposit that I didn't get back. There are better hostels in London.

Discusting . Smelling every corner . And the man at reception shout at all hostel stayers . Not recommend at all

Stayed here for one night and left thinking it should have been more, the location speaks for itself right near the heart of London. The staff were accommodating, professional and friendly the beds quite comfortable, it's worth noting here that I am a big guy 6'2 and 280 lbs and I slept comfortably. An adequate kitchen and common area including the "secret garden" makes for a very well rounded and affordable place to stay when visiting London, I would heartily recommend Notting Hill Hostel.

Location very good, also had a private room with facilities inside our room. Also good common area and the garden!!

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Estonia

I have been around south east Asia, New Zealand, Africa, Europe and I have never seen anything like this. Toilets and showers dirty and smelly, nobody cleaned that during our time there. The room wasn't clean when we came in and it was definitely too poor to be a 60£ double room. We even didn't had a shower for their poor condition.

• 2nd Jun 2015

The only good thing is the position. Got things stolen in my room. Staff didn't anything neither check cctvs. Random people come and go and there are many 'residents' that priviliges. I also asked for help with stolen things because i had the receipt inside the jacket but the manager never showed up. I felt more safe in the streets at night. Better to sleep in the park that in here!