Notting Hill Hostel Reviews

63 Prince's Square, London, England

Perfect stay definitely recommended

I reserved a room with private bathroom but there was only the shower and the washbasin: the toilet was in common (this was not specified)

Great hostel! We booked two bed indorm but we get twin room and happy valentines wishes (we are not lesbian couple but still it was so nice!!!) .

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Poland

Would not go there again! Everything dirty!

I really enjoyed my stay at Notting Hill Hostel. The location is great and I had a lot of fun at the hostel. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again at this hostel.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Though we booked a family bedroom, we were informed upon arrival that they have a 4-bed dorm room available for 2 days, then we had to move to the family room for the other 2 days. We were not offered to pay less for the dorm. The en suite room meant that there was a partly blocked shower at one corner of the room. The hostel was very grubby overall, the matrasses were old, dirty, and uncomfortable, bathrooms were very few and disgusting. Wifi only at reception. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Hungary

Great location, staff and hostel atmosphere!

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Antarctica

Other than location nothing else is acceptable in this hostel. I had booked a twin ensuite, nothing worked in this room. The TV didnt work, bed was very thin. The toilet are unacceptably dirty, there was very dirty stain in the toilet bowl. They said there is wi-fi, there was no wi-fi in the room, even after I asked the reception guy, who seemed dodgy, he said yes he will configure, but nothing worked. I emailed and called the hostel before arriving, no one answered either. New management needed

Not good. Really, I wont recomend this hostel to anyone. First, the person in front at the desk had a bad maner to treat people. I found out that he was going thru a problems with his girlfriend and that was the reason of his aptitud but we other not need to pay for his problem. The second thing important; there wasnt internet inside the rooms no lift and some of the bed were missing the stairs to climp up.

It was the dirtiest hostel I ever have been. I have booked a two bed room, and the said, that they gave it somebody else, but as appologize we get an apartmant but not in this hostel, somewhere else. So we got a very dirty room ("apartman") with a matrace without pillow a cover. There was no WIFI, nothing. I called the reception, and said that we will left, i wanted my money back. They said it's impossible to get back the money. NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Hungary

we had a good stay! no, the facilities are not fantastic and could desperately use an upgrade but it was clean and we felt safe. The hotel is a bit hard to find because the street is a square (an actual square, you have to walk around the corner). Staff was fantastic, very friendly and very accommodating. Given that London is insanely expensive, I'd stay there again for sure!

Very nice a guy at the reception, the 4 bedroom was nice and clean, it was the best price in London. Very good location, i would go again

Dirty toilets, shabby sleeping room and people sitting on stairs as if no common room was available. Our roommates were also a funny kind - it seemed to us as if they were workers rather than travelers.

After booking this hostel through HostelWorld, we expected everything to be smooth sailing. However, when we arrived (2 girls) we were told by the young man at reception that they would actually be unable to have us stay there that night because of some issue/misunderstanding (we were never actually clear on why exactly they did not have beds for us after we had booked in advance). He led us next door to a "hotel" where we were placed in a room that was supposed to be an all boys room.

The location is good, our main reason to choose this hostel. But staff was very unfriendly and unmotivated and frequently noone was at the front desk. Even for the low price it was not good value for money; it was not clean, broken toilets, shower literarary in the room 9so everyone in the room can easily see you taking a shower and the whole room is always damp. I'd not advise it to anyone, better pay a few euros more for a far better hostel that's also well-located.

• 8th Nov 2013

it is the worst, the dirtiest place I have ever been, so you can not expect anything from that place!!! terrible!!!! so it was the consequence of paying 20 pounds a day!!! the next time I prefer paying more but being in a decent hostel or hotel

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Spain

they send us in an appartment near the hostel, but was really dirty.

• 26th Oct 2013

I was staying there with friends and rented a triple room for 7 pounds (around 9 euros) per night and bed which is a great deal for London. Specially when the location is that great. 5 minutes to two underground station, very safe neighborhood, very central location in london. But: The room was dirty, the matrasses had huge, really disgusting stains and the restrooms were super small. THE STAFF WAS THE MOST UNFRIENDLY STAFF I'VE EVER DEALT WITH. Not even polite...Just unfriendly!

i would suggest regular maintenance, with there race to the bottom line they probably only carry out the most basic of maintenance, waffer thin toilet seats which look like if you were to sit on it, it may seem like sitting on the pan its self. The mattress i tried to sleep on was with the duvet im not entirely sure was clean,definitely of the spring type, it should of been thrown away 6 months ago. If you can only do bottom line, you should rethink your plans. It wasn't for me,