Notting Hill Hostel Reviews

63 Prince's Square, London, England

I know it is a cheap hotel, but for God's sake, the tiny room I was assigned was completely stuffed with people... 8 beds in a very small place it is not ok at all!! the recepcionist was rude in my arrival (he really need to learn how to treat customers). I had to move to another place, I couldn't stay more than one hour in that horrific place they call hostal!! (of course my money was not refund)

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Ecuador

We had upper beds 15.07 till 16.07 and there were not any chair to sit in the room. Where had we to sit for a while? On the beds of our neighbors?

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Russia

It was my second time in Notting Hill hostel. Amazing staff and atmosphere. Great people. Luggage room and kitchen is very convenient. Good wifi and perfect location make this place very good value of money.

The room was way too small for the amount of beds that were in it. Couldn't put my suitcase anywhere let alone open it. The kitchen was very dirty and not much cutlery for everyone. Only a couple of pots that were acceptable for cooking.

Room could nearly fit the four beds that were in it. And considering I had to share it with three other girls who were residents (like many others staying here), the only space for me and my bag was on my bed. The place is a very bad maintained old building, it smelled really bad and it was extremely dirty. The staff were all right though, and the location is great. But I would not go back, nor recommend it to others.

• 3rd Jul 2015

great location , awesome stuff really very helpful ... enjoyed my stay there and garden is just amazing... definitely worth to visit :)

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

Discusting . Smelling every corner . And the man at reception shout at all hostel stayers . Not recommend at all

Stayed here for one night and left thinking it should have been more, the location speaks for itself right near the heart of London. The staff were accommodating, professional and friendly the beds quite comfortable, it's worth noting here that I am a big guy 6'2 and 280 lbs and I slept comfortably. An adequate kitchen and common area including the "secret garden" makes for a very well rounded and affordable place to stay when visiting London, I would heartily recommend Notting Hill Hostel.

Location very good, also had a private room with facilities inside our room. Also good common area and the garden!!

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Estonia

I have been around south east Asia, New Zealand, Africa, Europe and I have never seen anything like this. Toilets and showers dirty and smelly, nobody cleaned that during our time there. The room wasn't clean when we came in and it was definitely too poor to be a 60£ double room. We even didn't had a shower for their poor condition.

• 2nd Jun 2015

The only good thing is the position. Got things stolen in my room. Staff didn't anything neither check cctvs. Random people come and go and there are many 'residents' that priviliges. I also asked for help with stolen things because i had the receipt inside the jacket but the manager never showed up. I felt more safe in the streets at night. Better to sleep in the park that in here!

the people are good, price ok what do you expect for 12.99 however looks nothing like what is on the web pictures. its ok for a bed for the night but nothing more. staff are good people otherwise the place can be described as a dump

Clean this place please! Disgusting.

• 25th May 2015

Definitely value for money. Dead cheap and great location, but nothing more than that. Facilities are smelly due to a draining problem. Would go back for a one-night stay, but not longer than that.

• 24th May 2015

The hostel is old, noisy, not comfortable at all, the shared bathroom was really dirty, the cleaning Guy not respectful, and for all of this, the price is really expensive. The worst hostel experience in my life

• 14th May 2015

The bed itself was acceptable, but the floor seemed to need a sweep. my main problem was the bathrooms, one of them was unbelievably dirty and the smell/dirty flooded floors made it unusable to the point every morning i walked to a nearby hotel where my friends were staying to use their bathroom. above all the place needs a really deep clean and had i seen the bathroom before paying i would have left instantly. my booking said ensuite and it was not, just a dirty wash stand in the corner.

• 10th May 2015

more cleanliness of the kitchen and bathroom

Unfriendly staff, very poor security considering no lockers

• 6th May 2015
  • Finland

This place was absolutely terrible. Quite possibly the worst atmosphere for a hostel I've ever experienced. The place was filthy and moldy, there were no locks for your things, the place was dank and gross. I couldn't wait to get out.

There are alot of older male guests staying at the hostel,some long term.

• 29th Mar 2015