Notting Hill Hostel Reviews

63 Prince's Square, London, England

I have stayed at Notting Hill Hostel on several occasions on my visits to London and have enjoyed my stays there. There are two reasons which stand out for me. 1) I like the location. The hostel is in one of the best areas near Hyde Park and with good transport to other places. 2) Friendly and attentive staff who have been very accomodating accommodating.

• 31st Jan 2015

The management and staff were very helpful and professional. Huge Thank You to RAy for the warm welcoming, and advice.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Lithuania

nice beautiful location in notting hill. the staff were friendly. the room had a very creaky bunk bed and the shower and bathroom were in the room but needed to be maintained better. friendly, interesting people to meet.

Hostel is in an excellent location, close to three tube stations. Staff very professional, helpful and cheerful. Hostel is quiet with a good armosphere. Beds are comfortable and always hot water in the showers. Would recommend for a peaceful stay. Cheers

• 20th Jan 2015

The place was so peaceful and quiet. The staff are well-behaved especially Ray was very nice and helpful. I had booked a mixed six-bed room but he kindly gave me a four-bed female room at no extra cost. The beds were comfortable. The internet was fast. The only problem was that in my second stay I was given a room on the FIFTH floor which made me out breath.

The hostel staff was nice. I booked for 8 person dorm, they accomodate me to 3 person dorm free of charge. Location was perfect, very close to hyde park.

Wonderful staff, wonderful stay, I will be back!

Only stayed here one night but it was pleasant, I was the only person in a 4 bed all female room and really was there for a total of 7 hours, all 7 of which were used to sleep before my flight back home. Room was fine, had a shower and sink, locked, and front staff were kind and funny. You can smell some mould but it's an old hostel/old building and you get what you pay for!

We booked a double private room and we were checked in 2 hours later than we should and the room was not cleaned, after urging them for over an hour they finally changed the sheet, but they did not even vacuum the place. The wall is cracking and nothing is working in the room, there are not enough toilet and all them are disgusting , there are barely any kitchen utensil in the kitchen as well. Overall there are better option around the same area for your money.

very very dirty and disorganized

• 31st Dec 2014

Attitude of staff is poor, and the room is cramped like a prison

This was my first visit to this hostel and I will return. The staff are friendly and the rooms clean. wifi all over the building and reach even top floor. Bed linen is fresh. Toilets and showers reasonable clean. Price is very good for London. There is a small kitchen area with a couple of microwaves, 2 toasters, a kettle and oven. There is a fridge that you can leave food in - student style (i.e. bagged and labelled with your name, room, check out date etc. In the shared areas there is a TV, so

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Estonia

VERY DIRTY. No security at all (baggages are left and carried somewhere for whatever person). The window in our door doesn't closed at all and it was frozen. There wasn't courtains in the room, so the sun wakes us up very early in the mourning. The WCs are smalles as possible and dirty as possible as well. Not recomendable at all

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Great place, great people

Dining room has an unpleasant smell and carpet unclean. Kitchen small, unclean and impractical for more than one person. Downstairs dorm cramped with no luggage space and ensuite the size of a broom closet. Luggage storage not very secure and not practical. It's very small, full of building materials and no lockers. There is a lock on the door but doesn't stop someone going through your belongings once inside the room. Garden area closed for "maintenance" so you sit in the street.

The staff was friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere was good. The rooms were clean, although the bathrooms could have been cleaner (it seemed they were busier than expected and possibly short-staffed, so it is understandable). Definitely worth what we paid for our beds.

The kitchen, personal, wifi, atmosphere...all good, less the toilets that could be more clean. I can say that is a good and cheap place to stay, with a great location!!!

No lockers at all, the room had a key but everyone left the door open. Mice. Dirty bathrooms. Kitchen an absolute wreck, the place was full of old men and barely any backpackers. A very uncomfortable stay. The only plus was that the staff are quite friendly and the location is good. Cheap stay on weekends

THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE BURNT AVOID, AVOID, AVOID DO NOT GO HERE! We walked in and left in less than one hour.... Horrible, disgraceful, disgusting, the worst place I've ever seen! If this was the last place on earth available I wouldn't stay here. Enough said? Please shut this place down...

AVOID AVOID AVOID this is the worst place I've never stayed. Yes that is correct we walked in and within the hour walked out as it is not fit for my dog let alone humans. The whole place needs to be demolished. Absolutely disgusting. Pointless calling management all they care about is money. Words can't describe how horrible this place is. If I could have given it 0 out of 100 I would. Someone call the authorities on this place.