Notting Hill Hostel Reviews

63 Prince's Square, London, England

We used the kitchen just for the breakfast, but i would have never cooked something over there. It was very dirty and small. It wasn't the first time for me to stay in room with a lot of other people, but really, there was no space for everybody. The price was not so high, anyway it wasn't proportioned for the place. There are no security lockers, you have to put everything in a common room where everybody could take your baggage if they want. The position was good enough.

Stayed in several hostels over the space of a few weeks while waiting for my new flat to be sorted and here became a regular. Staff spoke great english and were always polite and friendly even though I was arriving late and leaving early. They even upgraded me to a better room a few times when they had spaces, a great little place.

• 11th Nov 2014

As expected by prior reviews, I didn't arrive anticipating a 5 star hotel...but it was worse than I thought. First, I will start with the positives: Ralph, one of the staff- was AMAZING. The location is superb for the money- close to the Tube. The downfalls: very chaotic (we didn't have beds in our room for the first two nights), no lockers for valuables, a staff told me to throw someone's stuff off of their bed and use that bed because I paid...WHAT?! Would not stay again, worst hostel so far.

Great hostel

• 15th Oct 2014

I had a double bed room at the Notting Hill Hostel. Room was very cold and moist. Window had been open before my arrival and the floor was totally wet. Places were untidy and toilets unclean. Rooms only chair was broken. For the money that I had to pay for this it was unpleasant experience and I was happy that I didn't have to spend more than one night there.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Got mugged just outside the building, had wallet, passport and phone stolen. And I had my key deposit receipt also stolen. In the morning as I was leaving I told the chap at the reception my condition, and he said without the receipt he could not refund me the 10 pounds key deposit, even with the key. I told him I obviously had no incentive then to give him his key back. He rather menacingly suggested that he had my credit card details still. Neither safe, reasonable or competent.

DO NOT STAY HERE!They did not provide me with a room key,rooms were not as described (the "ensuite" was a cupboard pretty much),the shared bathroom was a garden hose connected to a tap,dirty,unhelpful staff who did not help resolve issues,the room was stifling despite the mild weather outside.But above all, no security for luggage or valuables what so ever! Especially because they could not even give me my own key for my room!I ended up leaving after 1 night. Please avoid this terrible hostel.

• 16th Sep 2014