Nova Traveller's Lodge Reviews

No.10 Taishengbei Road, Chengdu, China

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

The staff who worked here were fantastic. Chengdu was our first stop in China and we found it quite difficult as we don't speak the local language. The directions to get to the hostel from the airport were accurate. The staff also wrote down how many bus tickets we wanted and when/where we wanted to go in Chinese, which made things so much easier when it came to booking tickets. I would definitely recommend this hostel purely based on the fab staff at reception on both days and nights.

Staff don't know the difference between potatoes and tomatoes... Tomato hashbrowns. But clean and good location, with great food and enough lychee as you will ever want nearby

Thank you for staying with us and sorry for the inconvenience. Everybody made mistakes even the native English speakers made oral mistakes sometimes. The staff ranking option "1" means you totally denied on our staff . It's seems unfair. Have a nice trip in China.

Great hot showers. Toilet paper. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Nova has a great homey feel to it, and the people there were extremely inviting. Nova was filled mainly with domestic guests, but as an international traveler, I felt very welcome. Even with the language barriers present, we all got along really well. Also, upon arrival, I realized I made a stupid mistake in the reservation, and the staff didn't hesitate to accommodate us generously for my mistake. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in another visit to Chengdu.

Loved my stay at the hostel

Winnie and the rest of team are amazing, the friendliest I've ever met in hostels and I would definitely stay here again when returning to Chengdu. The bed is very comfortable (I slept like a baby) and if you have the lower bunk there's a privacy curtain. Although there are only 2 showers and 2 toilets for 3 dorms (if I remember correct), this was never a problem. There are bus lines at a short walking distance (5m) that can take you to all tourist sights. Love this place and miss you Winnie!

• 13th May 2015

this place is fantastic, the staff is great, and when I say great I mean the best I have been to in a long time. winny is so sweet and caring, they make the best food and while I was there was even invited to join them for hotpot. this place does not get the credit it deserves. read other reviews that said it was far from the MRT and all I have to say is if you can't walk for five blocks how in the world did you last in asia, or just take the bus and it drops you in front of hostel. A+++++

My first experience in a hostel. Very impressive.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • China

Thank you so much for your good review, and welcome to stay with us the next time.

The hostel was nice and easy to find thanks to great directions, however a little quiet so could not sense any particular atmosphere. Their 'book exchange' does not allow to exchange books! You can only borrow while you are staying. We got a good online deal, otherwise quite expensive for our budget. A kitchen would be handy.

Thank you for staying in our hostel. We do have the " book exchange" which is two for one. If you only have one book you can also pay 25rmb plus the book you have to get ours.