Nova Traveller's Lodge Reviews

No.10 Taishengbei Road, Chengdu, China

Double Room was very clean and comfortable although a little small. Staff was always smiling and nice. We wanted to eat something twice, but the kitchen was closed. On the third day we then had a very good and convenient breakfast. Common areas are quite spacious and nice.

We took the metro to get there, but the hostel is far away from the metro station... There is a bus station, but when you arrive in a city you don't know, if you don't speak chinese, it is quite impossible to find out at which station you have to get off.

The staff here are excellent. I was the only traveler there, so not very social. The hostel is a good 20-25 minute walk from the metro and there aren't many places to eat withn minutes walking. There was no seperate kitchen as mentioned and the games room was int he basement and smelt of mould. The food there was a bit overpriced However the lobby area was comfy and clean and good wi-fi..

Sturdy bunks with locker included, lots of nice common space, decent wifi, good location close to bus stop, western and squatty toilets available. The bottom bunks had a curtain for privacy but not the top bunks for whatever reason, haha. Strange smell in my female dorm otherwise clean. Breakfast can be made from 10 on unless you order ahead. Nice staff, one girl even went out with me to help me get a phone top up card nearby :).

I believe each traveler has their own list of requirements whilst frequenting hostels (i.e.: location, staff, cleanliness, etc.). Nova Hostel in Chengdu exceeded all of my requirements and then some. I stayed at a total of 3 hostels in Chengdu and Nova was my favorite for many reasons. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable; always willing to help you whenever they can and many times going out of their way to help! Also, it is very clean and has a relaxing environment.

• 3rd Aug 2014

A very nice hostel, cheap and well situated in Chengdu ! The staff was one of the best that I met, they welcome people in a very warm way !

• 2nd Aug 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed staying here. Atmosphere felt like home, had a lot of fun with the staff and other travelers. The common room was really comfortable and supplied with WiFi, also the place was overall pretty clean. Stayed more than I originally planned to and would definitely stay here again if I come back to Chengdu.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Israel

The girls working in this hostel are very nice. They are very helpful and with good scmile. The room is beautiful and comfy.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Amazing food at the hostel! Although 2 out of 3 mornings their cook did not show up which meant no amazing breakfast. They clean the bathrooms every hour! So it was always clean. Nice movie room downstairs away from the dorms so it's not loud. All in all great hostel.

Staff were really nice, speak excellent English and always happy to help with bookings for trains/tours etc! Very clean bathrooms and comfortable beds! Thanks for a great stay!

• 7th Jul 2014

Everything is fine except that the AC in the lounge is not working sometimes. The hostel is pretty and clean. Staff are nice. Great place to stay.

You are great!

the best hostel in all china!!!!!!very close to the centre and the railway station with a 24 hours reception. the staff is amazing. everybody speaks perfect english and they are all very kind. they help you with everything is in their power. the hostel is super clean, you will see cleaners every hour. very good atmosphere, room to hang out and meet other travellers and locals, play pool for free, watch tv and chill out in the lobby. the bar does the best coffee ever!!!!we love to come back!!!

The hostel is very beautiful,it's amazing like a castel .the staff was really friendly and helpful .And it's easy to go every where, outside the hostel there is a bus stop! The food and coffee is also very delicious!

The staffs are helpful. They even help me to take down my luggage from 3rd floor when I checked out this morning. I am going back agin after my Emei trip.

• 7th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent hostel!! the staff are really nice and they explain very well how to get to different places. We spend a good time there!! :D

Dear, Glad to see yr good review, and we are much obliged for that. All of us wish ti see u again in Chengdu or somewhere else. Hope u and yr partner have a wonderful and unforgettable experience in China. Kind Regards, Olivia

This hostel was having renovations when were were there so there was no food and it was quite noisy at times. However the room and bathroom were good and clean, and we were able to stay an extra night when we asked. The best thing about this place was the staff, as we wanted bus tickets to Jiuzhaigou which after a few attempts we did, however they were to the wrong bus station so the staff ended up going to the bus station and changing them for us for no extra cost, which was very helpful Thanks

The room was very nice and clean, the staff was really friendly and helpful in every situation and all of them could speak english. There are many shops, banks and restaurants in the surrounding area. The beautiul Wenshu Yuan Monastery is just a 15 minute walk away. All in all it was a very nice and pleasent stay and if we have the chance, we would stay at Nova's again !

Hey,Lisa We are glad that u can give us such praise. There are still a lot of places we can improve provided to meet the needs of good guests like u two guys. we hope to see you next time,best wishes!

this hostel is decorating in the lobby,maybe finish in the end of this month,i am much looking forward that.nice staff,good location.