Nova Traveller's Lodge Reviews

No.10 Taishengbei Road, Chengdu, China

What a fantastic hostel. The design is lovely, looks like a boutique hotel. The staff were excellent - I came in at 8am from a long train ride and they let me check in early so I sleep and they were very helpful with direction. Not many foreigners there though, but overall highly recommended, especially for the cheap price!

Nova is a great place for me, great location, warm and help staff, also great value for money!! I'd love to stay longer!!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Amazing atmosphere and lovely people willing to help you anytime. We really loved our time in Nova and we're definitely gonna come back.

This hostel a tiny bit far from the Subway station. It takes maybe 30 minutes walking; however it is rather easy to find as you just need to walk straight on for quite some time. I really recommend this place. It's small but cozy and the staff is extremely nice. I was travelling during Chinese holidays, so i was the only foreigner staying there. However i had no problem. The staff's English is not perfect but neither is my Chinese and we could still get along smoothly. I will come back !

Staff are very helpful and courteous. Room is clean and we feel warm enough to stay despite in December.

If I would not need a visa for staying in China I would stey at nova hostel for a much more longer time. Thanks for this great experience.

• 23rd Dec 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Nova and highly recommend it. The price is really reasonable. Almost all the staff can speak English and they are really helpful. The security is excellent, if you get around ChengDo, the hostel keeps your luggage inside the reception. The hostel is clean awesome atmosphere and comfortable! The location is good, little far from metro station but it's walkable, bus stop is in front of the hostel, so it's easy to get around. I completely changed my thinking about China!

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Japan

First off, really terrific staff - everyone was helpful and pleasant, from pick-up to arranging a night at the opera/tea house. The room itself was OK, though definitely needed a coat of paint and the shower door seemed to be broken/missing (but it was nice to have a private bathroom). The most concerning issue, though, was a back door in our room that lead to a communal patio and wasn't very secure. This in particular was of concern because anyone could have walked into the hostel.

Dear Bronwyn , Thank you for your advise and sorry for all the inconvenience. Hope you will stay with us the next time , we will show you a brand nes "NOVA"

Chengdu is my last stop in China, Nova Traveler'lodge is the cheapest but the best hostel i've stayed in. Recommended

Add the curtain on the upper bed.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • China

Hostel staff were very helpful and friendly. Communal area was really cool but the dorm room we were in was very dark with little natural light. Toilet and shower area was a big smelly and someone kept smoking in the toilet cubicle so it stank. They need to make te directions from te underground station slightly clearer. Thy word it as if it's a couple minute walk but it's really about 20. We were fine with that but it just meant we got lost because thought we had passed it.

Thank you for your review and sorry for all the inconvenice. we will put more notice on the wall to prevent "inside smoking".

This hostel is good but it s quite hard to find by using map.

Very friendly staff who were always willing to help us and to answer our many questions about pandas etc even without booking a tour with them. Very nice place to stay!

• 12th Nov 2014

We choose this hostel because on hostelworld it said that there would be a selfcatering kitchen. Upon arrival we were very dissapointed to find out they don't have a kitchen at all. Besides that we enjoyed our stay here. The staff is really great and always helpfull. And i don't know how they do it, but the bathroom facilities were always very clean! Good job!

Incredibly helpful staff. In particular, Ryan went out of his way on several occasions to assist us with various things including buying bus tickets, getting around the city, and finding interesting things to do in Chengdu. Seriously the best. Also, hot showers & cheap beers. Cons: smelly bathroom...but that's pretty much every hostel in China so far, so is that really a con?

Liked:the staff was very friendly and helpfully. common area is really nice with chilled music and a lot of plants Disliked:in the internet the hostel is cheaper, but you can't book the same day. the rooms are a little bit small for 6 beds and also the air was not good. Pool is in the same room than you can watch movies, both at the same time is not possible. Also they write to use a kitchen for free (our reason to book this place) and then they told us that there is no kitchen. unfortunately

I had a wonderful time at Nova. I was there for four nights in total in both the dorm and female rooms. The staff are extremely friendly and willing to chat. They also organise activities around the hostel and helped me book my train ticket to JiuZhaiGou. It was very easy to meet other travellers which I liked as I was travelling solo.

Showers are great and bathrooms are cleaned frequently. The setup isn't ideal for socialising but Ryan especially is excellent at bringing people together. The reception staff are great with information and help. The food is very good, but expensive. There are plenty of cheaper places to eat nearby and the staff are happy to give directions and write translations. Coffee is roasted on site. I stayed for a week and will go back.

Great hostel although I was only here one night. Bed curtains are plus. Shower flooded but out of 3 hostels in Chengdu my complaint at all 3 was limited to the showers. Good food and friendly staff. Was here for National Week (October 1) and they helped me book a bus ticket through a nearby supermarket to avoid the lines at the bus station.