Nova Traveller's Lodge Reviews

No.10 Taishengbei Road, Chengdu, China

I really enjoyed my stay at Nova and highly recommend it. The price is really reasonable. Almost all the staff can speak English and they are really helpful. The security is excellent, if you get around ChengDo, the hostel keeps your luggage inside the reception. The hostel is clean awesome atmosphere and comfortable! The location is good, little far from metro station but it's walkable, bus stop is in front of the hostel, so it's easy to get around. I completely changed my thinking about China!

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Japan

First off, really terrific staff - everyone was helpful and pleasant, from pick-up to arranging a night at the opera/tea house. The room itself was OK, though definitely needed a coat of paint and the shower door seemed to be broken/missing (but it was nice to have a private bathroom). The most concerning issue, though, was a back door in our room that lead to a communal patio and wasn't very secure. This in particular was of concern because anyone could have walked into the hostel.

Dear Bronwyn , Thank you for your advise and sorry for all the inconvenience. Hope you will stay with us the next time , we will show you a brand nes "NOVA"

Chengdu is my last stop in China, Nova Traveler'lodge is the cheapest but the best hostel i've stayed in. Recommended

Add the curtain on the upper bed.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • China

Hostel staff were very helpful and friendly. Communal area was really cool but the dorm room we were in was very dark with little natural light. Toilet and shower area was a big smelly and someone kept smoking in the toilet cubicle so it stank. They need to make te directions from te underground station slightly clearer. Thy word it as if it's a couple minute walk but it's really about 20. We were fine with that but it just meant we got lost because thought we had passed it.

Thank you for your review and sorry for all the inconvenice. we will put more notice on the wall to prevent "inside smoking".

This hostel is good but it s quite hard to find by using map.

Very friendly staff who were always willing to help us and to answer our many questions about pandas etc even without booking a tour with them. Very nice place to stay!

• 12th Nov 2014

We choose this hostel because on hostelworld it said that there would be a selfcatering kitchen. Upon arrival we were very dissapointed to find out they don't have a kitchen at all. Besides that we enjoyed our stay here. The staff is really great and always helpfull. And i don't know how they do it, but the bathroom facilities were always very clean! Good job!

Incredibly helpful staff. In particular, Ryan went out of his way on several occasions to assist us with various things including buying bus tickets, getting around the city, and finding interesting things to do in Chengdu. Seriously the best. Also, hot showers & cheap beers. Cons: smelly bathroom...but that's pretty much every hostel in China so far, so is that really a con?

Liked:the staff was very friendly and helpfully. common area is really nice with chilled music and a lot of plants Disliked:in the internet the hostel is cheaper, but you can't book the same day. the rooms are a little bit small for 6 beds and also the air was not good. Pool is in the same room than you can watch movies, both at the same time is not possible. Also they write to use a kitchen for free (our reason to book this place) and then they told us that there is no kitchen. unfortunately

I had a wonderful time at Nova. I was there for four nights in total in both the dorm and female rooms. The staff are extremely friendly and willing to chat. They also organise activities around the hostel and helped me book my train ticket to JiuZhaiGou. It was very easy to meet other travellers which I liked as I was travelling solo.

Showers are great and bathrooms are cleaned frequently. The setup isn't ideal for socialising but Ryan especially is excellent at bringing people together. The reception staff are great with information and help. The food is very good, but expensive. There are plenty of cheaper places to eat nearby and the staff are happy to give directions and write translations. Coffee is roasted on site. I stayed for a week and will go back.

Great hostel although I was only here one night. Bed curtains are plus. Shower flooded but out of 3 hostels in Chengdu my complaint at all 3 was limited to the showers. Good food and friendly staff. Was here for National Week (October 1) and they helped me book a bus ticket through a nearby supermarket to avoid the lines at the bus station.

Double Room was very clean and comfortable although a little small. Staff was always smiling and nice. We wanted to eat something twice, but the kitchen was closed. On the third day we then had a very good and convenient breakfast. Common areas are quite spacious and nice.

We took the metro to get there, but the hostel is far away from the metro station... There is a bus station, but when you arrive in a city you don't know, if you don't speak chinese, it is quite impossible to find out at which station you have to get off.

The staff here are excellent. I was the only traveler there, so not very social. The hostel is a good 20-25 minute walk from the metro and there aren't many places to eat withn minutes walking. There was no seperate kitchen as mentioned and the games room was int he basement and smelt of mould. The food there was a bit overpriced However the lobby area was comfy and clean and good wi-fi..

Sturdy bunks with locker included, lots of nice common space, decent wifi, good location close to bus stop, western and squatty toilets available. The bottom bunks had a curtain for privacy but not the top bunks for whatever reason, haha. Strange smell in my female dorm otherwise clean. Breakfast can be made from 10 on unless you order ahead. Nice staff, one girl even went out with me to help me get a phone top up card nearby :).

I believe each traveler has their own list of requirements whilst frequenting hostels (i.e.: location, staff, cleanliness, etc.). Nova Hostel in Chengdu exceeded all of my requirements and then some. I stayed at a total of 3 hostels in Chengdu and Nova was my favorite for many reasons. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable; always willing to help you whenever they can and many times going out of their way to help! Also, it is very clean and has a relaxing environment.

• 3rd Aug 2014

A very nice hostel, cheap and well situated in Chengdu ! The staff was one of the best that I met, they welcome people in a very warm way !

• 2nd Aug 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed staying here. Atmosphere felt like home, had a lot of fun with the staff and other travelers. The common room was really comfortable and supplied with WiFi, also the place was overall pretty clean. Stayed more than I originally planned to and would definitely stay here again if I come back to Chengdu.

• 25th Jul 2014