Nova Traveller's Lodge Reviews

No.10 Taishengbei Road, Chengdu, China

I had some rather restful nights at this place, although I suppose I was fortunate since I slept on a lower bed in a dorm room. (The lower beds have privacy curtains, but the upper ones do not.) My reading light did not work, but other than that, the room was great and very peaceful. The main level of the hostel was clean. There's a large lower level with a huge TV, but it's infested with mosquitoes. The only problem I had was that I had to wake up the staff to let me leave early in the morning.

Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry for the reading light. We would love to change your bed if you inform us . You knwo the typical weather in Chengdu which is humid especially for the basement. Also sorry for your early check out .

Nice place to stay. The real pool table is quite old with a square white ball, that was not so good. VPN is great and it's easy to find the place. Staff is friendly to help you with public busses.

Really glad that we chose this hostel. EXCELLENT value for money. Cool common area with pool and table tennis tables. Warm showers with decent pressure. Good location. The only negative was that the Internet was abysmal - pretty much unusable. Despite that, we would highly recommend this hostel.

Thank you so much for your feedback, sorry for the internet, anytime you meet this kind of problem please don't be hesitate to let us know we would fix it right away.

I had a good rest staying at this place. There are a few things that could be improved: 1. Curtains (for privacy) could be installed for upper beds in the dorm rooms. 2. One of the sinks in the shared washrooms could not be turned off completely. Fixing this would help conserve water. 3. The computer that guests can use to surf the web seemed to lack USB ports, which prevented me from charging my phone. As for the computer, western websites like Youtube were blocked, despite the supposed VPN.

The hostel is great. The staff are absolutely superb, will go out the way to help you with anything you can possibly imagine. This place is not difficult to find as the instructions say, but it is far, so be cautious about that, it'll take about 20 mins walk from the station. Not many international travellers either. The beds are very comfyand the facilities are great the value for money is excellent! For what your paying, it's more than worth it! Toilets are smelly however, but that's China!

Thank you for your review, hope you enjoy your trip in Guilin. Winnie

Just fantastic value for your money. A pretty solid hostel with lots of room to chill and a private pool table downstairs if you want to get away from people. The beds also have a curtain which is always a bonus. A really nice hostel and city!

Great hostel! Only thing was the smelly drains in our bathroom.... Other than that great. Would recommend!

Nice staff in a comfortable hostel. It was a nice experience and I made many chinesse friend there :-)

Thank you for staying with us hope you a pleasent trip.

The staff is so kind and helpful. There is also so many tour program and many restaurant around hostel.

We spent 3 nights with my girlfriend in a 6 beds dormitory and recommand very much Nova Traveller s Lodge. Even if the subway is not near the Lodge, it is very easy to reach all places to visit (Boudha, panda, etc.) and main bus/railway station by bus. The very nice and helpfull staf will help you if you need. Also good breakfast and drinks. We also recommand to go to the opera for a specific Sichuan show. Ask the staff.

the perfect place for a budget traveller! would reccomend to anyone!

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Israel

a Mr. Yuam picked us up at the airport and he was very nice. He was also the person who took us to the Panda breeding research center the next day, He helped us with directions and was very nice to deal with.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

Thank you so much for your high comment. It's our honor to have you here. Hope you can stay with us the next time. Best wishes Winnie

The staff who worked here were fantastic. Chengdu was our first stop in China and we found it quite difficult as we don't speak the local language. The directions to get to the hostel from the airport were accurate. The staff also wrote down how many bus tickets we wanted and when/where we wanted to go in Chinese, which made things so much easier when it came to booking tickets. I would definitely recommend this hostel purely based on the fab staff at reception on both days and nights.

Staff don't know the difference between potatoes and tomatoes... Tomato hashbrowns. But clean and good location, with great food and enough lychee as you will ever want nearby

Thank you for staying with us and sorry for the inconvenience. Everybody made mistakes even the native English speakers made oral mistakes sometimes. The staff ranking option "1" means you totally denied on our staff . It's seems unfair. Have a nice trip in China.

Great hot showers. Toilet paper. Very relaxed atmosphere.