Nubian Oasis Hostel Luxor Reviews

Mohamed Farid Street, Luxor, Egypt

No Rating

I did not stay at this hostel because it is nothing like what they advertise themselves on the website. When I arrived at 7pm, the whole hostel was like a dead town. The receiptionist does not speak English, and he first thought I was a walk-in guest. Took me to a room and said 50 EGP, I had a booking it shall be only 30 EGP. No Hot Water, No Wifi, the rooms are dirty. So, I requested the money back and went to the other hostel next to them. Boomerang Hotel/Hostel is AMAZING! Go to Boomerang!!!

Hello Dear i am Emad the owner of the hostel thank you for your comment and i am so sorry if it is happen. best regards Emad Ashmawy

If you are looking for a five-star Hilton, then perhaps you should look elsewhere. But if you are a budget traveler looking for a comfortable mattress with clean bed linens, this just might be the place for you. The location is good – 10 minute walk from the train or bus station. My room had a balcony, a ceiling fan, an ensuite bathroom and hot water for a shower 24 hours per day. Staff members here were very friendly and accommodating. They can book tours for you – boat rides, balloon rides, etc

Very good staff!!

The roof terrace was very dirty whit a lot of trash and broken glass. They smoke in the lobby - the place where you can get Internet access and it a nice sitting place is.

Staff were helpful, but with the objective of getting a good review, which they asked for about 5 times per day. They should consider cleaning this place up if they want people to rate it higher. My room was infested with ants and the floor was covered in permanent dirt, even after asking them to clean. If staff see you out in the street, they will happily use you in their bid to hassle strangers. There are two much nicer hostels on the same street for the same price - stay there instead.

First room, the AC broke. Second room, no tp and no water. Kinda important. Also fan was too slow to cool the room. Bad area of town and generally poor quality. But the staff was nice and didn't make us pay the whole night when we left in afternoon for another hotel.

We were really surprised this hotel has such a high rating on HostelWorld. This hotel really crossed our limit. First and foremost, the bathroom was absolutely crawling with ants, coming from every corner. Also, there was no proper fan or A/C system which was hell considering it was 46 C. The door and windows couldn't be locked, which made us feel unsafe. The beds were dramatic - just a 10 cm thick matress. The owner was away most of the time and left the management to a 10 year old boy.

Very special place. In a good or bad way, not sure... ;) Boys working at the desk were very sweet, but the level of english was not that good.. A/C was nice ones you got it..

not a great view from the window or terrace as the hotel is situated in local area. but the terrace is open and has hammocks and sitteing area which all of us enjoyed. The Bathroom was not in a good state. the shower water was bubbling hot and the hot knob wasent working properly so i could switch the water off quickley, the toliet flush wasent strong enough, had to use bucket to flush, the drains of bathroom got fludded badly. staff was very helpful in terms of ordering what was needed.

The manager and the owner of this place were really nice to me and my wife. They did everything possible to make our stay fun. I recommend this place if you want something cheap and with honest people.

Near Luxor Temple in town, room was very large and fairly comfortable, though noisy. Had an air con in the room which helped. Wouldn't do any tours through the hostel, looked like they overcharge, make the way yourself with a microbus / public ferry and a lonely planet.

Great hostel full of character - will definitely recommend and will stay again. Staff were fantastic!

This hotel is adequate with the price, near the train station and Luxor Temple, the staff was nice and helpful, it's good for a place just to sleep

Mansour is great owner and the hotel is in central location

Everything was very good, except the taxi driver Hussein recommended by the hostel. He was quite cheeky and finally rude with us and did not want to bring us till Wadi Rum village where he was supposed to leave us...

Bathrooms could use work, but nice quiet place with excellent rooftop lounge. The staff make this place though. Mansour is the man! he will be as kind and generous with you but will fight to protect you. His staff also are kind and generous be sure to get to know them. In a city of scams its nice to know your safe.

Great hostel, good location. It's very close to the train station and to Luxor Temple. The staff is helpful and was able to arrange train/bus tickets for us. I recommend the tours arranged by the hostel, well-priced and organized. The owner is really nice and made sure we had everything we needed. The rooftop is a great place to hang out. Thanks a lot!

This is the best place to stay, the staff is so kind, maybe they have a little problem with the shower but sure with the other things, you don\'t care. Take the west bank tour with them, is the best price and really good. Mansor, the manager is really, really kind and he will help you in everything, that is not normal in Egypt.

I really enjoyed staying here. It was great value for money and the whole atmosphere was really layed back. For sure I would come back to this place!! It was only 5 minutes from the railway station and there is a great place a couple of minutes away where ytou can get a great meal for just 10EGP. Alan Calder-McNicoll

Room was falling apart but the people were lovely and friendly. Great location close to train station. Roof terrace was fantastic.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7