Nubian Oasis Hotel Reviews

234 Saad Zaglol Street, 5 min left train station 2nd Junction on your righ, Aswan, Egypt

Expensive for a hostel compare to luxor. Facilites dirty.

Lucky to survive this place. Very shady and filth all over the walls, pillows, etc. Bathroom barely functional. Bed broken.

• 17th Dec 2014

Whatever you do, don't stay at this hostel. My female friend and I were traveling alone here. Not only did our trip to Abu Simbel get completely messed up (by them) but also the man who managed the hostel did not leave us alone. Called us 4 times throughout the night and knocked on our door 3 times throughout the night (from 8 PM to 5 AM). He then promised us a sailboat trip of which he never delivered (after leaving us hanging al dayl the next day). Horribly managed, made Aswan horrible.

I felt the dust in the air in my room, but the bed was comfortable. Bathroom wasn't too clean; toilet didn't flush and there was never any toilet paper. But the staff was very helpful. Every time I asked where there was a ____, one of them took me downstairs and walked me to the location, making sure I knew the route. And they gave me tea when I checked in.