Nubian Oasis Hotel Reviews

234 Saad Zaglol Street, 5 min left train station 2nd Junction on your righ, Aswan, Egypt

Expensive for a hostel compare to luxor. Facilites dirty.

Lucky to survive this place. Very shady and filth all over the walls, pillows, etc. Bathroom barely functional. Bed broken.

• 17th Dec 2014

Whatever you do, don't stay at this hostel. My female friend and I were traveling alone here. Not only did our trip to Abu Simbel get completely messed up (by them) but also the man who managed the hostel did not leave us alone. Called us 4 times throughout the night and knocked on our door 3 times throughout the night (from 8 PM to 5 AM). He then promised us a sailboat trip of which he never delivered (after leaving us hanging al dayl the next day). Horribly managed, made Aswan horrible.

I felt the dust in the air in my room, but the bed was comfortable. Bathroom wasn't too clean; toilet didn't flush and there was never any toilet paper. But the staff was very helpful. Every time I asked where there was a ____, one of them took me downstairs and walked me to the location, making sure I knew the route. And they gave me tea when I checked in.

Nubian Oasis Hotel is ok if you looking for cheap place in Aswan in a middle of the souk, the manager is friendly, i recommend if you stay 1 or 2 days

the bathroom is very dirty, doesn't have hot/cold water, the socket "Bomb!" as I put the electric plug into! The staffs are nice and solve all the problems. But be noted!! NEVER JOIN THEIR TOUR!! The first day we went to Abu simpel with the driver they provided and he dislikes having "SUCH LITTLE TIPS". The second day..the same driver..he treated us very rudely! He even dropped us on the road and let us took local bus to Luxor cuz we try to bargain with them at beginning(it's really overprice!)

This was possibly the worst place I have ever stayed in, having travelled throughout Africa, India and other parts of the world I have never been to a place as dirty as this one. The toilet didn't work, no water at all hot or cold, wifi only in reception, bed a backbreaker. On the other hand hospitality was excellent. Staff were great but helpless to change anything. It's worth mentioning that it was the most expensive place I stayed in in Egypt. I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here. Sorry!

• 8th Jan 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Nice common area/lobby. Friendly staff. Good for booking tours without feeling like you're getting scammed. No hostels in Aswan as of review date, so this is the best option.

The Nubian Oasis Hotel in Aswan , the last time they clean that Hotel was in the time of Moises over 4,000 years ago , the bathroom is so disgusting , the bed linen was so dirty, not soap, towels , toilet  paper, only one ting was good the Internet I don't  Recommend that Hotel