Nuevo Horizonte Hostel Reviews

Avenida Brasil 723, Santiago, Chile

I think that the hostel was really run down and it was very noisy. The hostel's dog was barking and our room was directly opposite the reception. The phone was ringing and doors were banging until late. Difficult to sleep. Noisy neighbourhood.

Lovely hostel walking distance to many things down town. I liked this place and would stay here again.

• 21st Jan 2015

Nice and small hostel, in a quiet but also a bit secluded area of the city. Fast Internet, a cosy dining area and living room. One of the only downsides is the gas heater of the shower that doesn't always work. Be sure to tell the receptionist that you're planning on staying more than one night if you just ordered one night, because it might lead to some misunderstandings.

This hostel was perfect for the one-night, no-breakfast stay that I wanted. I would not have wanted to stay there any longer, though. In a sketchy area, far from the metro, and the bathrooms were just "okay". It has a very chill vibe. Good value for the money though- it's the cheapest hostel in Santiago that I could find.

Located in a great neighborhood. Easily accessible to central Santiago. The Hostel is in an old building which gives it it's charm. The kitchen & lounge facilities are not cramped and even smokers get a place to light their tobacco. Do check out the street art around the Barrio.

• 13th Dec 2014

Really nice staff and cozy atmosphere. I would reccomend to every body.

• 30th Sep 2014

Nuevo Horizonte was a great, unpretentious hostel at a great price. It's kitchen and lounge area made it feel really homely, and it's small enough to be able to get to know everyone. The staff were helpful, friendly and accommodating. It has a great location 5 mins from the metro. Would definitely recommend if you want to feel at home!

This was, by far, the worst hostel I've stayed in all my trips. When I arrived, the front door was open, there was no staff anywhere and the reception was empty for anyone do whatever. I had to wait a while for a person who did not speak english and who had very little information about anything I asked. And it got worse when I saw the bedroom (with no windows or locks) and the bathroom (as clean as a sewer and with mold on the ceiling). After that I couldn't stay any longer. Don't go there.

• 17th Sep 2014

Just ok for a night. The building is really old and doesn't seem well maintained. The rooms were clean and comfy though, but security wise the door must be left open if no one in the room. The showers could use a makeover.

not recommended! Bad location, dirty kitchen, no atmosphere! There are a million better places to stay in bellavista or providencia, they may be more expensive but everywhere is in walking distance from there, you will save money on taxis. This was the only really bad hostel we had in three months in SA. Avoid!.

View all Santiago Bed and Breakfasts