Nui. Hostel & Bar Lounge Reviews

2-14-13, Kuramae, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Could do with a TV in the common room other than that this place really sets the bar up high for hostels the atmosphere and vibe down stairs is so chill and positive and the staff are tops

Bathrooms and rooms were always clean and tidy. The bar is really cool such a nicely designed place, good beer and food. Only a short walk to the metro which is easy to use, grab a pasmo pass to make adventures easier. Staff are great, good the have a chat with and always happy to help.

Nui is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming, food is delicious, and the bar/lobby is amazing. They have a great collection of cocktails, beer, and coffee. Location is close to subway and scenic spots. A lot of locals stop by here and will be open for conversation or maybe even a hangout!

• 11th Feb 2015

Excellent hostel - clean, stylish, and staffed by very friendly and cool people. Easy access to the Asakusa, Oedo, and Ginza subway lines, and a ten minute walk to Senso-ji. The private common area on the sixth floor is wonderful (I loved the various Japanese travel magazines available), and the cafe on the first floor is lovely - very good coffee! I would definitely stay again, and will be recommending this hostel to friends.

• 10th Feb 2015

best hostel of the world!

I didn't do much else than sleep and shower at the hostel but for that is was perfect. Lots of privacy because of the curtains around the beds in the female dorm and probably the best shower facilities I've ever seen in a hostel. Everything seemed very professional.

Nothing to complain. The hostel was excellent!! I stayed 3 nights and then I went to Kyoto. I came back to Tokyo and decided to stay 3 nights more. The toilet is very clean as the whole hostel. Nice bar.. good coffee!! The staff is helpful like all japanese! You ll have to wal a little to go to JR Station, but its ok!

Wonderfuln staff, clean, modern, beautiful, nice bar! Would recommend easily

Great place to stay. Little bit out of the way but nearby subway station makes all of Tokyo accessible. Awesome bar in the lobby. Would definitely stay again.

• 20th Jan 2015

The room was simple and small, but not less than I expected. Public bathrooms were impeccable, the staff was kind and helpful.

GREAT staff, very helpful and understanding. A . Also, a warm, and inviting atmosphere. If in Tokyo, it's the best place to stay.

• 18th Jan 2015

I stayed in the female dorms and it was really comfortable, clean and cosy! The person who designed the dorms must had been a backpacker traveller too because he really knows what we need. Although it was a shared dorm, there are plenty of privacy and space for luggage and stuff, spacious beds with high ceilings, abundant travel power points and the room was really clean. The pub at ground floor had a nice ambience and drinks were cheap and good. Highly recommended!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

The hostel is modern and cosy, with a spacious kitchen that you can use and nice bar with a cool atmosphere. Helpful staff and it's very conveniently located for those who have to go to Haneda airport. I do not recommend booking the private room though, it seems unfinished, we were in the shared dorm and it's much better. The private room was like a bunker. No possibility of opening the window, very narrow, no private light to read, no curtains... I think the private rooms still need more work.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Have stayed in Tokyo many times and this is the best hostel of the lot. The reception/bar area has a great vibe. I always choose Nui whenever I visit Tokyo. Oh....and they do proper coffee to!!!!

I only stayed there one night, much of which I spent out at Sensoji Temple, so unfortunately I didn't have much time to get to know the hostel. But the staff were really friendly, and the coffee in the morning was heavenly! The downstairs cafe/bar/lounge is really nice.

very much enjoyed my stay here. great atmosphere

Room was a tad small but was only there to sleep anyways very inviting and friendly place :)

• 16th Dec 2014

Loved my stay and I cannot express how lovely the staff are at Hostel Nui, nothing is to much trouble and they are always willing to go that extra mile to make your stay an experience not to forget. To say this place is spotless is an understatement......from morning to night someone was cleaning. The only reason I left was they were fully booked so I could not extend my stay. If you want to mingle with the locals try this place it will not disappoint...great job guys....Arigato and see you next

Croissants were great but not free :(

great hostel! i had a great stay, the public transit is close by and its such an easy walk to the Sensoji Temple and the Asakusa area where you can see the Asahi beer brewery. The Tokyo Skytree is close proximity and right across the hostel are some really restuarants that look over the river. On transit, you're really close by to the tsukiji fish market so you can catch an early sushi breakfast! overall great stay, met a lot of great people!

• 14th Dec 2014