Nui. Hostel & Bar Lounge Reviews

2-14-13, Kuramae, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Amazing lounge / bar and a great atmosphere! Very clean and the staff were happy to help. The dorm room I stayed in was pretty cramped and dark but still think it's an excellent hostel.

This is maybe the best night's sleep I have ever had in a hostel. The beds are curtained off so you won't be disturbed by other guests and the facilities are all very well kept and clean. The cafe/bar downstairs is perfect for chilling out and beautifully designed, I'd go there even if I wasn't staying at the hostel. Asakura is a great area with many bars and restaurants, it also has an old-Tokyo feel to it, with many more bicycles than cars. Highly recommended!

Location is only 5mins walk from kuramae station. Very easy to find. I love everything about this hostel especially the common area. Lots of convenient stores nearby. The room and toilet are clean, fast wifi and the bed is comfotable . It was raining when i checkout and the staff gave me free umbrella. Thank you so much.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. Loved every second of my stay here. Stayed here for three nights with a mate in a shared dorm, it was our first time staying at a hostel and would be definitely staying at more if they're like Nui. Highly recommend.

NUI was recommended by a friend and I agree it's a beautiful and well kept place. Staff is really helpful and waited for me until midnight so I could check in after my flight was delayed. The food and drinks at the bar are great! However the location is a bit far from everything I wanted to see and do - but super close to two metro stations that will get you to where you need to be.

Very hip spot! On ground floor there is a bar/cafe that is very, very good with good value for money. Staff is kind, hostel itself is clean if a little worn in spaces. Definitely would recommend.

I wanna back to stay at this hotel again, love breakfast and nice staff!

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

Great hostel, awesome bar, excellent staff and tactical location within tokyo.

There would be so much to say about Nui... This hostel is among the very best I stayed. Close to pretty much everything : transportation, restaurants, touristic spots. The atmosphere is just great and so stylish and staff is very nice. If i could point just one thing it would be the fact that due to the (great) bar downstairs, the common room is kinda quiet. Go downstairs if you wanna meet people ! ;-)

A great hostel with fantastic staff and facilities and a wonderful atmosphere. Would defiantly reccomend.

• 28th Jul 2015

Fantastic hostel! Superb interior design and friendly staff.. The atmosphere in the bar is stunning, however, the morning is evening more charming。A 5star hostel!!!

A very welcoming and pleasant experience all round. The staff were amazing, and the bicycles were excellent.

Very friendly staff and a good atmosphere. I very much enjoyed my stay.

Not the greatest location, definitely more centrally located spots, and hard to meet people as a solo traveler. The rooms were pretty loud too which was unfortunate.

Best hostel in tokyo.

This place is good location & is very nice aesthetically but when it comes down to it Nui is just a little bit toooo cool & the staff are not very friendly or helpful compared to a lot of other places I stayed at in Tokyo.Dorm sizes are what you can normally expect in a hostel but not enough room for everyone to store luggage which I found bizzare.Rooms are very noisy.Lift access is closed till 8 or 9am so if you have luggage & an early checkout you have to lug everything down narrow stairs.

Overall, as the first hostel I've stayed in myself, it was great. It had all the facilities it needs and the common room is lovely. The location is a bit out of the way, but the local subway station is really close and from there you can easily get to Ueno and Asakusa. The main downfall was the lack of (social) people, however this is through no fault of the staff or hostel itself. I would recommend this hostel mainly to groups.

The best hostel I have stayed at, the staff was beyond great and my stuff always felt safe. Also the bar was on point.

• 26th Jun 2015

Decent hostel! Don't get me wrong, this place is good in terms of hostel standards. This hostel is kept in great condition but the location was very disappointing. It is far away from the train station and it is surrounded by nothing. I stayed at a hostel near tsukiji market and there were shops and people everywhere. Also, my mixed dorm was so dark even with the lights on. My mixed dorm was located on the second floor, it was so loud I could not sleep some nights because of it.

A very interesting and different hostel, with unique style! The staff was nice!! The location was quite convenient! It is worth staying longer! The cafe was really good!! Next time, I will try the evening bar!