7.8
Very Good 1,439 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 1,439 Total Reviews
Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo Located at Via G. Ferraris, 1, , Bergamo.
Italy
Bergamo Via G. Ferraris, 1
78% 1439
45.7173717 9.6845126
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Sep 2016
8.0

Decent hostel。 great value for money just a bit far from town but if you check bus times its good.

• USA, Female, 41+
5th Sep 2016

I would recommend this hostel to everyone. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are cleaned daily. Breakfast is included. Bus #3 stops in front of the Hostel and takes you directly to Citta Alta (upper city which is the old city during summer). Bus #6 stops close to the hostel (if you have lots of luggage might be difficult as you must walk a steep hill). The draw back is night busses. If coming from airport take a taxi otherwise expect to be very frustrated with busses.

13th Aug 2016
4.6

No one there at 7 (which is when checkout is supposed to begin). Was running late to the airport and needed help from staff but the only person I could find was someone who only spoke Italian. The staff didn't show me around or give me any information besides what my room number was. Very far away from the city. I arrived late finding out that the places to buy bus tickets were closed and I couldn't buy one on the bus. Luckily I made it there with help from some nice people.

Good morning, we're sorry for you bad experience. The reception open at 7.30 a.m. but we've the housekeeper in house for the brekafast from 7.00. We understand your problem but when you made the check in, you can ask the reception for a transfer o a taxi for the next morning.

• Wales, Female, 31-40
25th Jul 2016
6.3

Not a great place to stay if you need to get to the airport early in the morning. The guy on reception booked me a taxi and having seen other visitors say they had a taxi booked and it didn't show up I double checked it was definitely booked... Surprise surprise no taxi came and I nearly missed my flight as a result.

We're sorry for your bad experience. We work every day to improve the guest's experience. For the taxi problem, we have a brand new private transfer better than the taxi.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
24th Jul 2016

Lovely clean hostel. Staff very helpful and a great location with a lovely terrace

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
21st Jul 2016

Really nice staff. We arrived at 9 a.m and they offer us to join the breakfast and check if beds were availables in the room. They were so we could have a nap during the morning. The bus 3 , going to the center, can be taken in front of the hostel. But it ends early, then you have to take the bus 6 and walk a little. I don't recommend to go by foot, the roads don't worth it and you can get lost because the hostel doesn't appear on the map we received at the reception. It's definitely great

• Denmark, Female, 25-30
20th Jul 2016
5.4

The staff was not very helpful and not very good at speaking english.

We're sorry for your bad experience. Our crew speak italian, english, french and spanish but sometimes we've an intern from a local high school who speak a basic english

17th Jul 2016
6.0

Unfriendly but not rude staff, very far away from the city and hard to reach the hostel

Hello, we're sorry for your bad experience: we've a very professional staff but we work to improve the guest's experience.

• Bulgaria, Female, 25-30
30th Jun 2016

Located in a nice and quiet neighborhood on a hill, it is a bit far from the center and the Old City, but well connected with two bus lines. I also took a 4-km walk from Porta Nuova, it took about 40 minutes and was pleasant and safe. Breakfast is basic but very good, they offer good strong coffee. The staff is extremely nice and helpful.

• jason6265
  • Philippines, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
29th Jun 2016
7.4

quite expensive in my opinion. The location is trouble at first, as the bus service is erratic and inconsistent with Google maps. Make sure to have lots of time before leaving for the airport, as it is quite off from Alta Citta nor Bergamo's main avenue. Will definitely come back, for cleanliness and facilities (internet is high speed), free breakfast. Arrive early to get top bunk beds, as the lower ones are too uncomfortable!