Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo Reviews

Via G. Ferraris, 1, Bergamo, Italy

They could offer adittional services as lending laptops, tables or having pc for the use of the costumers. Additionally, it could be enforce a more friendly enviroment bewtween costumers by organizing some kind of activities or free drinks.

• 4th Feb 2016
  • Colombia

Give time to find the hostel. Its incredibly hard to find.

• 11th Jan 2016

The location is worse than what they say on their website. It's difficult if not impossible to get there by bus from the train station (or only on some hours). A taxi is 12e. The so-called airport shuttle is just an illegal taxi they call for you. The building is on the whole dirty and very cheap. The breakfast is small and not a good start of the day. If you can find something else cheap in Bergamo, I would not advise you to stay here. But if it's your only option, it will be just fine.

• 5th Jan 2016

Great Hostel with a fun an friendly staff. Loved the location and was glad to join in on the New Years festivities there. Will actually be returning pretty soon.

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel. its clean, staff is very welcoming and friendly. Easy access to the city center and the airport.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Ukraine

Great view to Bergamo Upper town, which is a beautiful italian city. The atmosphere was relaxing and the breakfast was great.

One of the best hostels I´ve ever stayed at. Staff is knowledegable and friendly rooms are big and generally very clean. It it situated on top of a hillside and has amazing view of the city. Only problem I had was it´s a little hard to get to (directions online are very confusing) and at night I couldn´t seem to figure out an accurate bus ride. That being said it´s worth the trouble finding it and I would highly reccomend it.

• 7th Dec 2015

Actually I liked the location because it is near the nature and you see how really is the city in the suburbs. there is a bus just outside the hostel that goes straight to the upper town but the timetables are not so often. Decent breakfast .

I actually liked the location because I saw how is the city in the suburbs. the only problem is that in the night the buses stop and you may have to take a taxi. Decent breakfast and nice stuff.

It was a most terrible place Ive ever stayed. Room was full of older ( over 60) arab immigrants, they made some terrible sounds all night long, the room had a dreadful smell from theyr socks an bodys, I didnt sleep all night at all. There is only one dirty smelly bathroom for 8 person. A queue is always huge. A breakfast like in the american prison, only ONE coffee and HALF glass a juice for one person. I would not to advice even a my enemys to stay in this dead place.

Clean, professional, and friendly. Staff spoke multiple languages fluently and accommodated my early check-out time.

Excellent with all regards apart from the atmosphere. At the time where I was there, it was extremely calm and resembled rather a hotel than a backpackers type of place. I nevertheless enjoyed the fact that it was calm, tidy and near by the airport. Guess its a good place for couples.

In our room there was no switch to regulate the heating. As a result it was too hot until 1.00 am and even though it was end of October, we had to open the window to be able to sleep.

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Greece

As people in comments already said, if you coming here after 21 o'clock, you'd make quite a trip from Porta Nuova, 'cause there are plenty of buses #9 and no one to the right direction. So google map your destination and take a walk for about 50 min or take a taxi.

Location is far outside the city center, but with great views from the windows and balcony; very clean, big rooms, friendly service and atmosphere. Stairs leading to the hostel are a challenge at the end of a day with sightseeing, but you just have to be prepared for it. I would recommend this hostel, Jolanta.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Poland
  • Couple, 41+

Nice and cleaned hostel near center city and airport.

1) When I booked the rooms, my credit card was about to expire so I received an email saying I should contact the hostel. I wrote them two emails and never got an answer. I had to call to Italy and the guy speaking didn't understand English very well so couldn't really give me an answer. Just had to take the risk showing up and believing everything would be fine 2) Though we were told we could check in at 12 when we arrive at 13 our room wasnt ready and we were told to wait until 16

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Portugal

Great Place! Only stayed for one night but staff was friendly even when we stumbled in a 4am haha

The hostel is rather clean and safe, breakfest included is an advantage (intercontinental breakfest, but pretty good). The location can be a problem if you're coming late, after 9pm. Then there's no bus from the city center and you need to take a taxi. I emailed hostel a couple of days before to organize transportation but didn't get any answer, so better don't rely on the hostel in this case. There's a nice view over the old Bergamo from terrace. In general - it's ok for this price.

It would be great to improve a description how to arrive to hostel.