Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo Reviews

Via G. Ferraris, 1, Bergamo, Italy

Hi hostels are always above average, still, directions are poor . toilets broken. Lockouts or cleaning and 1 tall greyhaired a÷×hole who would no t open the door at 1300 hr when i had an emergency colours everything. Other staff a great help

It would have been fine except that I booked a double room for myself because i needed rest, and I ended up sharing a floor with dozens of young people on a school trip who banged doors and yelled for an hour and a half until the curfew. I found their teachers and got them to intervene in the end... but I realy should have been able to get more rest for the price I was paying. Maybe he hostel could have put me on a different floor?

• 27th Sep 2015

Definitely not one of the better hostels I've been to and I've stayed in a lot! The major problem for me is that the staff member I spoke to was so damn rude, waited half an hour for my room to be ready (I was told 10 minutes) I asked again and was told to wait 10 minutes, when I politely asked if I could check in he got all annoyed, eventually did it, practically threw the room key at me, didn't explain where the room was etc. In conclusion, an absolute idiot! Other staff were nice.

Nice place. Bad location. But there are busses near by

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Israel

The reception was closed so we couldn't check-in till 5 p.m. without any information before.

Hostel is excellent and located in beautiful quite place. I need to notice only one thing - it is not possible to reach the hostel after 9pm by public transport, so you need to call a taxi or make a 40-60min walking (~4km).

Very happy with the service. Location is not walking distance to the airport but absolutely worth it because the view of Bergamo is amazing.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • South Africa

Gorgeous views and great atmosphere. Meals in the evening really help you to make friends easily improving the whole experience of a great place.

Far away from the centre but in a quiet place. This is not the best hostel i've ever seen and very expensive for the average in Europe, but apparently this price is normal in Italy.

Everthing is great but the location. During daytime there are two buses that can take you fast to down town and Citta Alta, but during nighttime you'll likely to get back walking and it's a long walk (around 3km from Puorta Nova and 4km from Citta Alta). It has amazing views of the Citta Alta and surroundings. It has a beautiful terrace on the roof. Free internet. Laundry (8€). Breakfast is included. Everything looks clean. Mattress comfortable.

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Spain

There is only one disadvantage in this hostel - location. But there is bus stop near the hostel and you can use it to reach center of Bergamo. Everything else in this hostel was perfect. Comfortable big common room, snacks and coffee in auto machines, veranda, transfer to the airport. Stuff was very helpful. All rooms have ensuite bathroom. The lack of conditioning was not the problem to me because at night it is not hot. For such price I think it is perfect place to stay.

Quite place, average breakfast, difficult to locate, far from the sity center, polite staff, very clean,

Purely stayed here for our flight from the airport. It costs 7.50 euro per person to get a shuttle to the airport which is good. Beware of taxi drivers as we were charged an awful amount which I am still angered about today and then not given a receipt so we couldn't complain about it. The taxi was rang by this hostel too. The hostel did not have any bus tickets for sale (why you cannot buy tickets on the bus I do not know). No cooking facilities however nice views from the reception. Good wifi

1 2 Next » last »