Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo Reviews

Via G. Ferraris, 1, Bergamo, Italy

The hostel was good. Just to bad that my reservation wasn't in there book and that we good another room with seven persons and made us pay the amount of a three-person room as was the reservation.

• 11th Jul 2014

Very hard to get to town by public transit. If you have a bike or car then it's a great place but otherwise it would be worth spending extra to stay in the town center. The place is very clean. Almost too clean. It's like a hospital or old folks home. There are no do not des turbo and the staff doesn't knock. But it's quite and the showers are nice.

it is a value for money, we were nicely surprised, staff was very helpfull and nice.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Slovakia

What a great deal! The hostel is really clean and they are affordable! Make sure to leave the common areas from 10 am to 2 PM because they are closed!

The hostel is a good choise, value for the money definately. The breakfast was a liile bit poor. The staff is very friendly. We enjoied our stay there. And the city is soooooo beautiful. :)

The hostel is perfect! Apartment is cosy. Location is convenient. The stuff is very friendly :-)

The bus routes were more confusing than they had suggested (there were three puerto nuevo stops so I had to find the right one) luckily I speak some Italian so I could find it. I finally got to the hostel and there was a note on the door saying the hostel was closed from 10:30 am to 3 pm. That's a long time for a hostel to close. I was let in early but had to wait in the common area. Also the shuttle never showed the next morning after I ordered it! That was the whole reason I booked this hostel

I think this is my 4th stay here and I see no reason not to go back again. Yes, it's a way out of town and the bus stops running at 6pm but you can get a different one with a short walk. I booked a female dorm so it was a bit of a surprise to walk out the bathroom and see a guy sitting there but Sergio soon sorted it out. There's nothing quite like eating breakfast out on the terrace with a great view to start the day off.

Could use better directions on how to get there/ what to ask if you need directions (not leanardo da Vinci stop but monterosso) and longer breakfast hours

• 18th Jun 2014

The staff was incredibly amazing and helpful, the hostel is amazing too, feels almost like a resort. The staff helped me find the place at 1 in the morning, and he looked kind of like Luke Wilson. The location is weird, but a bus takes you all the way to the hostel so that was great. The breakfast was awesome! The one complaint would be the shower I had; it was small and got the bathroom wet.

just excellent

no coffee second day, no bread third day !

• 6th May 2014

I think it was one of the best hostels I ever stayed in and definitely the cleanest one. It's a bit further away from the city, but the location on the hill is wonderful - the view of the old town is amazing, you can admire it from the terrace and some of the dormitories. The staff is really helpful, even when some of them don't speak English at all :) There's a bus stop right in front of the hostel, that takes you to the old town, really convenient. The breakfast was ok, but nothing special.

Poor wifi in the room and the staff did not speak english, we were leaving at 6:40 and could not have not even a coffee(breakfast is included). The rooms are good, clean and confortable.

Come here the fourth consecutive year now, it's always a pleasure. The staff is friendly and remembers their guests, and best of all: beds are always redy for just "jumping in".

• 19th Apr 2014

Perfectly clean and super organised.

I liked the place also staff of the hostel. I liked also breakfast and everything was really clean and well prepared. I didn´t like the video how to get there it was little bit confusing.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Slovakia

For people with a limited budget to find places like this is a real treasure.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

the hostel is nice and clean and the roof terrace with the great view of "citta alta" definitely splendid, but without bus no. 3 to the "citta alta" everything in town is too far to reach on foot. Compared to other hostels in the group of hostelling international, I felt that this one lagged behind in their offerings.

Good to spend a night or two but there's no much fun in there ;-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7