Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo Reviews

Via G. Ferraris, 1, Bergamo, Italy

Very clean and friendly hostel. Quite far away from the center and airport, but if you plan how to get there earlier, it's easy to do so. Staff is very helpful and speak english. You dont have to pay extra for towels or sheet. Nice breakfast included!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Poland

I liked a lot of the hostel and the staff; they are very kind. I liked the mood of the bold man with white hair in his suit, very nice.

Very nice place; with a decent bathroom, a good breakfast and a free internet point ! A bit far from the station, next time I will take the bus !

• 5th Apr 2015

The temporary receptionist at the front desk was quite the character... talked my ear off a bit. Other than that, the facilities were fine (the sheets were a little scratchy), breakfast was fine (it really is continental as they tell you), and the plugs aren't right by the beds, which was a tiny bit inconvenient. All in all, however, it was a good night's sleep and a good start to the next morning.

The staff were very kind, but overall we did not have a great stay. We arrived late and tried to find somewhere to eat, only to get bad directions and having to return to have microwave pasta. Our room had six beds and only two chargers for the entire space. In addition, we were told check-in ended at midnight but someone came into our room between 2 and 3am (he had not been there before). It's a place to stay, but we didn't have a great visit.

• 26th Mar 2015

Far away, clean, some of the staff will say nasty things behind your back. As if Italian is hard to understand.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Hungary

Very good accommodations for budget price. Would definitely recommend to fellow budget travellers.

Really nice staff, really helpful

• 18th Dec 2014

Pretty average hostel. Was practically empty. Far from most things. Was there on an overnight layover, and had to pay €20 for a taxi, 'cause the buses don't run very early. Neither locker nor bathroom locked. Everything else was average. Not really worth it for just a layover, especially due to location.

Pretty good experience overall! maybe if you could provide some locks for the lockers in the rooms it would be even better. Also if there was a more extensive description on how to reach the hostel by bus (including routes and bus stops-and working hours) that would help too.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Greece

I only stayed here one night, but the hostel was a good place to crash. The staff at the desk was very helpful with directions to different locations in Bergamo as well as how to get to the airport. The showers and rooms were very clean. The only negative thing that I can say is that it is away from the city center and takes a bit of a hike to reach. Would definitely stay again next time I'm in the area.

Everything very fine, except: Due to some older men the atmosphere was not very good. One of them got a little aggressive when someone made a remark about the tv programme he chose. The other one was sleeping in the same dorm as I was and showed some antisocial behaviour. Peeing standing with the bathroom door wide open, brushing his shoes very loudly at 7.45 am... Of course that's not the hostel owner's fault, although it seemed that he was living there, and he was certainly not young...

the hostel is in a convenient location, not far from the city center. The view from our room as well as from the terrace on the ground floor was simply excellent. Very nice atmosphere. Nice to have breakfast included in the price, even though it's nothing special (my friend said there's no place in Italy with bad coffee, well the fact was - that coffee was not good! but there was also a good selection of tea available). If I go back to Bergamo one day, I'll consider staying at the hostel again.

The Hostel was very clean which was very nice. There were lots of informational packets to help travelers. However, the guy at the front desk wouldnt sell us bus tickets because he only had one left. And unfortunately we couldn't communicate with him were we could buy other tickets. There was no atmosphere, for a Saturday Night in Italy there was no one a round to talk to. But it was really clean and we would stay again.

• 21st Nov 2014

A very clean place that felt more like a hotel for school groups. Not really a lot of interaction between young travelers. 15 minutes by taxi to/from the airport, easy to get to the old city of Bergamo by bus.

nice stay. I felt very welcome at the reception.

• 29th Oct 2014

Not easy to find but good and friendly, helpful staff. Thanks!

Staff was arrogant and non-informative, even unfriendly. Kitchen was poor (microwave) and closed early in the morning, that's all right but they should have been told it.

I asked about the bus. The man at the counter could informed that he is the one who sales the bus ticket, that you cannot buy it at the bus driver. I missed the bus because of that...

We were here only one night. Hostel is a beautiful place, on the slope of hill. A view on the valley and Bergamo is excellent particularly when sun sunset. Hostel is about 20-30 minutes from downtown. Rooms are clean, staff is really helpful. Kitchen is poorly equipped is closed at night, so there is a problem with mugs, dishes, cutlery and place to eat a meal. Summarizing it is a good place to stay, but if you need something more choose hotel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7