O Fogar de Teodomiro Reviews

Praci'a de Algalia de Arriba, 3, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

This is a really great place to stay if you're looking for funny anecdotes about bad hostels you've stayed in on your travels. There was no one on reception the whole time we were there, we had to get a waiter at a cafe across the road to phone the owner for the door code when we first arrived, we weren't provided with sheets or towels, and there was a club right outside our window and the booming music went on till 5 in the morning. Not the worst I've stayed in, but getting there.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Good thing I have a Spanish phone because when I arrived at the hostel there was no one there. I stood in the pouring rain for 20 min. banging on the door and calling the number I had until finally I got a hold of someone. They gave me the door code but of course there was no one to give me a locker key so I had to take my valuables with me to dinner since the hostel was empty. The next morning the owner showed up to collect my money and that was it. Don't stay here.

Kind and helpful staff, no breakfast included but there're things of common use. Functional hostel.

View all Santiago de Compostela Hostels