Ô de Casa Hostel Reviews

Rua Inacio Pereira da Rocha, 385, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Though I only spent 1 night at O De Casa, I had a blast. I arrived about 3-4 hours before my check-in and they were kind enough to keep an eye on my luggage as I went out for a walk. When I checked in, I decided to go check out a museum and the staff was kind enough to sit down with me and show me the multiple options to reach my destination and even suggesting a few stops along the way. I rented a bike with them. The place was nice and clean and in a great area! Wish I'd spent more time there.

• 14th Jun 2014

It was a great atmosphere with international and local friends. The location is the best to do a party and all staffs could speak English and very friendly. Thank you O de Casa.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Great place and all of the staff were brilliant - I though it was a strange set up that men/women shared the same toilets showers and they were not very private - recomenation would be to try separate mens / womens showers / toilets and make each cubicle private in some way.Oh yeah and the lockers did not seem that secure but maybe break ins are very rare ? Otherwise the place was great

• 9th Jun 2014

they are nice to customer.

This hostel was recommended to me by a Brazilian friend from Rio. I had a great experience. Noah and the rest of the staff in particular were extremely helpful. I only had 24 hours in Sao Paulo but they helped me get my bearings, gave me a brief but effective introduction to the metro/how to get around the city and recommended the great free walking tour. My room had a bit of an odor but it's a hostel after all. Overall: GREAT location, friendly staff, decent wifi, solid value for the price.

• 14th May 2014

The hostel was great. Staff was incredibly friendly and informative. Best location in Sau Paulo as well. My one constructive criticism was it could be a little noisy at night as the rooms were not exactly soundproof. This should in no way be construed as a detriment but you may want to sell ear plugs at the front desk ;-). I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends (and I did!). Cheers

• 2nd May 2014

Friendly and helpful staff in a good location of Sao Paulo. Beds were comfortable and room was clean.

Hi there, the staff were incredibly helpful when it came to information about Sao Paulo. However we had no water in the private room area for a couple of days. It wasn't the fault of the staff or the hostel but it took a long time for anyone to come over and provide a temporary fix, eg buckets of water to wash hands, hosing down the toilets. There were regular cleaners but in this case more action needed to be taken. Also beautiful wall paper in the room but not one hook to hang anything.

Very friendly and helpful staff; we arrived before check in and were allowed to use the facilities and make ourselves at home. Stayed in an 8 bed dorm, there were only 4 of us in total and lockers were provided in the room. 10-15 minute walk to the metro and nearby restaurants/shops etc.

I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere - the staff was always friendly and helpful, gave tips for stuff to do in SP and helped with bookings. At night, the bar and the small rooftop is a nice place to start the night before going out around the corner in Vila Magdalena. I would definitely come again!

• 6th Mar 2014

Nice chilled out hostel with good staff.

The staff were fantastic. Very helpful, gave really good tips, even socialised with us. I'm definitely going to recommend this hostel to other friends going to São Paulo

Perfect hostel to stay in SP. The location is great: in the heart of the nightlife area, and only 10 min walk from the metro. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is not too big, and very beautiful. I highly recommend to stay there!

Fantastic hostel. Incredibly friendly, helpful staff, great atmosphere. Vila Madalena is a really excellent neighbourhood to be situated in too.

The weather wasn't great during our time in Sao Paulo (not a reflection of the hostel) but the staff provided us with good information and kept us entertained, which included a guitar performance of the 'checkout blues' when we left. Clean rooms and a nice bar area. Good location in the middle of Vila Madelena with many restaurants and bars nearby.

O DE CASA HOSTEL is like a big family . my partner and i we had a great time .the staff are so helpful -always with a smile .the location is the best .the hostel is very clean and in a very safe area . contrary to what people say about Sao Paolo ..... very dangerous -dirty - ugly .We found Sao Paolo incredible interesting .great energy and most important safe. if you looking for a energy that a mega city can offer Sao Paolo is your city. O DE CASA ,thank you so much for all your help .Gino/Clin

• 14th Nov 2013

The hostel is ok but there´s no laundry!!! The information given here on hostelworld that they have laundry facilities is wrong! So if you´re giong to SP and have to do your laundry, choose another hostel. Otherwise you have to go to a very expensive laundry. (28 BRL for wash & dry) As well it was very loud in the hostel. In the night you could hear everyone who was going to the restrooms.

Dear Katharina, Laundry in Brasil is very expensive, as you will notice as you travel the country. Even when hostels offer laundry services they charge for the service, that's a common practice all over. When we say we facilitate laundry is that we have a partnership with the laundry, making it cheaper for our guests. Too bad it was taken this way.

Great hostel and very friendly staff! The hostel is partly outdoors so if it rains (as it did my entire trip) you have to walk careful to not get wet. The location is good in terms of bars and restaurants (but about a 10-15 minute walk to the Metro). It is a fairly small hostel so there isn't a big social environment. All the above being said, the hostel was great and I would definitely recommend it!

Loud music at night in the bar so we figured it was a good excuse to join the fun! No one told us if breakfast was included (actually not given much info on check in). Water went everywhere in shower as no curtin.

I have great time staying in O de Casa. The breakfast was nice (love the fruit cocktails!; the neighbourhood is really safe and the staff are helpfull. But, it could be better if you have hook or hanger in the room or in the bathroom, so you can use it for putting your clothes or towel.

• 26th Oct 2013