Ô de Casa Hostel Reviews

Rua Inacio Pereira da Rocha, 385, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

I really enjoyed my stay at "Ô de casa" Hostel. The staff was very sympathetic and helped me in many things. Thanks Noah, Glícia and Zero. I loved the overall style and decoration with wood furniture and plants. Easy access to bus stops and close to Faria Lima subway, which helps a lot. The neighborhood is also great, with many bars, restaurants, art galleries and cultural spaces.

This Hostel is GREAT! Excellent staff, location, atmosphere and everything. Just can´t wait to go back!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :D

Beautifull hostel, but not in the winter period. Everything is open, not room ofcourse. :) But it was very cold even in the room. People in hostel very kind.

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

I really enjoyed my stay @ Õ de Casa! The (most) of the staff were friendly, especially the owners. The place looks trendy, with a great bar on a convenient location. Breakfast was served, pretty decent one. (Juice, fruitsalad en ham/cheese grilled sandwich). I didn't like the showers that much and the rooms were quite dark, with no windows just one door.

had a great stay here, great staff, best location, nice bar and just a good time.

I really enjoed my time here where you can feel an alternative San Paolo atmosphere, walls of Vila Madalena are covered by murals and so the hostel which gives the idea of a place (lugar) where the stuff is nice, helpful and very creative. Very good brazilian music is playing at the bar for breakfast and evening where you can have a lovely Capirina or other selection of light dinners food and drinks.

A nice place to stay, but not in winter ! ( no real closed space to hang out) and we would have appreciated a more consistent breakfast, which was very good but a bit "light" if you want energy to explore such a huge city !

• 20th Jul 2013

Hey Margaux, Indeed, we had the coldest week in years while you were here. Not fun when u come to Brazil, we know that, but I just want to let you know that that was EXTRA cold for us all, with people making snowman and all this in brazil. not usual week, we swear ;) Now for the breakfast, we do serve french bread + juice + coffee + fruit salad for free, and at our cafe you can buy lots of delicious extras for cheap. Remember that?

Ô de casa is an amazing party hostel right in the heart of Vila Madalena. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, including the owner and his friends! They give you any kind of advice you need and organize some activities for the day. The breakfast is good too (luckily for me until 12pm some times ;) ) and the rooms do have keys !! (as I read they didn't here in the reviews). Gotta say: the hostel could have a tv and computers, that's a weak point. Definitely stay there if you like to party

Hey Rachel, Since we opened doors, in 2007, we have a no TV policy. Because we believe people travel to have the best days of their lives. And that doens't really happen in front of a TV, right? Right! As for computers, we lend laptops at reception, let us know next time you visit us here. Best,

Great place! Las personas son lo mejor me la pasé muy bien!

• 5th Jul 2013
  • Colombia

The youth hostel is situated in a nice neighborhood of Sao Paulo that offers nice places to go out, such as restaurants and bars. The hostel is halfway mutated into a fancy bar with a vintage touch. There's definitely always something going on and the atmosphere is very lively.

69% breaks our hearts!

In a great area and the staff were very helpful. Very nice common area and a bar/cafe to meet people and good breakfast included. Not very strict security as there are no locks on the doors but there are lockers in the rooms (bring your own padlock) and 24 hour staff. I would go back!

• 3rd Jul 2013

Hey Zoe, Indeed we don't lock the dorms (of course our private rooms have their own key) but we do provide lockers for free. Being a small hostel allows us to know everyone by name and we are always around and checking whats going on all over. Thanks for the tip, anyways!

You can't find a complaint from a hostel with such a lovely and amazing staff. Incredibly friendly and helpful, they make your stay in São Paulo much more enjoyable. Plus, the hostel is very clean, well decorated, and lively. Great location, near some great live-music bars, graffiti work and the metro. But nothing beats the staff.

This hostel was good and really beautiful! The bartender is very sympathic! I would not recomment it if you plan to be in Sao Paulo in a rainy week because there is a lot of open spaces in this hostel and you will have a hard time trying to avoid it but if not, I recommend it!

We stayed in O de casa for 3 days and we really loved the place. It's in a lively neighbourhood, with a lot of bars and restaurants just around the corner. A good place to have diner or go out in the evenings. The hostel is close the the metrostation from where you can get easily into sao paulo's centre. Unfortunately we weren't that lucky with the weather, it was just raining 3 days. Nevertheless the staff tried to make everything work. They were very friendly and helpful, we felt pretty safe.

Great place with a perfect location! And an amazing free breakfast!

I was received like in a friend's house! I really liked the people who works there! I was alone so this was perfect for me! Thanks

• 14th Jun 2013

O de Casa Hostel is an amazing and very recommendable place for young international travelers. The hostel is a beautiful oasis for relaxing and parting in the busy city of Sao Paulo. My best greetings and wishes to the very friendly and helpful staff!!!

The hostel has a GREAT and helpful staff. The breakfast is also very good and well served. But, for me, there were some problems: rooms were excessively close to the pub area. That "silence moment at night" they mentioned doesn´t exist. From 11 PM to 4 PM I couldn´t t sleep because I was listening to everything that was going on at the pub area. In other words: very noisy at night. Ps1.: If you like to party, go ahead! Ps2.: rooms have no keys.Ps.3 No computers at the hostel.Only wi-fi :(

Really good hostel, we had a double room and it was spacious and clean and had lockers to put our stuff in. The 24 hour bar and reception was good as we had to check out early for the flight. Staff were helpful. One thing they could do is airport transfers as São Paulo has bad traffic at times which can push taxi fares up if you get caught in that traffic.

Hello Nicola, Thanks for ur feedback. We do provide airport transfers, and they can be booked from our website. Actually, we offer it by email when you book a bed with us. Haven't you got this? Best,

Seems anyone could have walked into the bar area and back to the open rooms, but it wasn't too sketchy. Close to a bunch of bars and restaurants.

Solved! Now only guests enter into the rooms areas. Thanks for warning!