Ô de Casa Hostel Reviews

Rua Inacio Pereira da Rocha, 385, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Great location, friendly staff, decent room, perfect breakfast for us- overall very pleased with our stay.

• 8th Dec 2014

Perfect, the rooms get humid real easily though.

• 20th Nov 2014

Good place to stay. Good price and a cool atmosphere. The only 'but' is the breakfast, in my opinion. No options, really closed menu (1 ham&cheese sandwiche, 1 small juice glass, 1 small coffe) nothing else! But I´m sure that´s something really easy to fix! Hope to try the hostel again!

• 17th Nov 2014

This is a nice hostel - the location is good, Vila Madalena is a really cool neighbourhood to wonder round and explore - some great graffiti and cultural stuff nearby. The hostel itself didn't really impress me that much - not much atmosphere, the staff were friendly but I saw other guests get more thorough welcomes with maps and suggestions. Breakfast is minimal - one drink, small grilled sandwich and a small glass of fruit. Check out some other hostels in SP that have more to offer.

We are very happy with the hostel, it's in a great place, people are helpful, one of the best hostel on our track during the trip.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Small but nice hostel located about 5 min frim bus terminal and historical area. The girl at reception was really nice and helpful. We had a private double with ensuite with fan and air con. Breakfast was good fruit, rolls and sweet buns.

I've stayed in this hostel 3 times now and always had a great time! The staff really make this place as they are very friendly, cool and relaxed, and always up for a chat!;) The breakfast is good and the bar is really great with nice food and a range of decent beers too! Lastly, the location is perfect for São Paulo. It's in Vila Madalena which is very safe with lots of bars, restaurants, nightlife, art etc. When I'm next in SP I hope I'll be staying here again!

Very good spot to discover São Paulo: This hostel is great: located in Vila Madalena it allows the traveller to quickly be in the Center or elsewhere and obviously to wander in the very nice Disctrict of Vila Madalena full of shops, bars & clubs. The staff is great, very nice and helpful. The rooms and facilities are always clean. A few points: If you're a sleeper, the bar can get a bit noisy at the end of the week (stops at midnight though) and the breakfast is light (but good) for big eaters

• 29th Aug 2014

There is no living room with tv for resting. The breakfast is awfully poor, only one cup of coffee and one bread, nothing else. The toilet is for both men and women, what is not so confortable. The bathroom is tiny and there is no bench for better stay.

• 11th Jul 2014

We believe we have a different concept on what a hostel should be. How we understand things, a hostel is a place to socialize, that's why we have a strong-7-years-lasting-absolutelly-NO-TV-policy. About the breakfast, what we offer is coffee, juice, a ham-cheese sandwich & a fruit salad. No bench? @ the toilet? yes, indeed! We have 2 different showers area (w/ 3 showers each), one for men, one for women. Toilets are indeed for everyone's use. Good luck next time.

I really enjoyed my stay at O de Casa. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location too! The second time I stayed here I felt I was going back home; such a heart-warming, nice place to stay. Totally recommend it!

great place to stay and really wonderful staff. locks on the doors espicially when there is a party would have been great but there was someone always there making sure its secure.

Poor Breakfast! Coffe or juice??? Why not both!! So simple but anoynig!!!

Stayed during WC. Were located across the road from the main building in a 2nd space. Hostel hosted WC party & staff allowed their friends to use the bath rm adjacent to our sectioned off & isolated room w/out informing us. This quickly escalated to everyone off the street using our bath rm w/ no security monitoring the entrance gate. No action was taken on the night so we complained again next day & it was dealt with really well. Otherwise funky hostel, great breaky, and location.

A very cute hostel- brightly painted and "artsy" to fit in the lively Vila Madalena area. Staff were very friendly and helpful despite the fact that we were only there for two days. Breakfast is small- a little sandwich, a small drink and a cup of fruit but it was enough for someone like me with a small stomach.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Very pleased with our stay and the hostel's good location for great World Cup atmosphere (and near a cashpoint too!)

• 30th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The experience of O de Casa Hostel begins the moment you step through the door. Friendly staff, a buzzing atmosphere and an excellent location in the heart of Villa Madalena. There's nothing I can criticise about this place... You will simply love it.

• 27th Jun 2014

we enjoyed so much staying there, will go back

Great place, atmosphere and parties were excellent. Helpful staff too.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hands down best hostel in São Paulo, in the best neighborhood, too! I would definitely recommend this place, especially if you enjoy partying! Staff is super friendly and the atmosphere is incredible!

I didn't spend much time at this hostel but it's clean and safe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7