OKI's Inn Reviews

542-2 Furukawa-cho Higashiyama-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan

very nice palace, i like it very much :D

We had the most amazing stay at Oki's Inn! The location was great - walking distance to a lot of sights or just a short train ride away. The couple who run this place are the loveliest people you're likely to meet in all of Japan... They could not have done more to make us feel welcome. Would definitely recommend staying here, and I plan to come back when in Kyoto next!

• 10th Jun 2014

Beautiful place to stay, great location and incredibly friendly and welcoming hosts. Loved the Inn and Kyoto :)

Very friendly couple!

Very nice stay!

Hello, Rongrong Yu! It was very nice to talk to you and your parents. By the way, you put 1 for all categories even though you sound satisfied with our guesthouse. We wonder you made a mistake in rating... Could you check your review again, and reconsider it? We are looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you. Taka & Yuka OKI's Inn

I really loved staying at Oki's Inn. The hosts, Yuka and Taka, speak good English having studied in Australia and were so charming, fun and helpful. The position was great, in a small street full of fresh food stalls and close to the subway and a short walk to the edge of the city with beautiful temples and hillside walks. The hostel is a lovely small traditional house with a large communal tatami room and good cooking facilities. I am planning to return for longer!

Very good value for money

We had an amazing stay at OKI's while we stayed in Kyoto. The hostel itself is in an excellent location - super close to public transport and the main night life spots in Kyoto. The main highlight though is definitely the staff - they were incredibly friendly and always had recommendations for stuff to do and places to visit. Will definitely stay here again when we return to Kyoto.

I am pretty sure that this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Dorm beds have convenient shelves and booklights and are comfy and firm. There's only one shower; it's very clean with a separate, tiny dressing area. The common area is Japanese style, and there's a small kitchen.Highlight is the hosts: they are the loveliest kindest people you'll meet in Japan, which is saying a lot. They are very knowledgeable and helpful, and went out of their way to find me vegetarian restaurants.

I would definitely stay here again! So clean and full of character and the nicest couple running the inn. Just lovely.

I only stayed here one night but I wish I could have stayed longer! The owners are both very friendly and fantastically helpful. The bedroom was clean and cosy, and facillites good. The wifi worked well, shower was hot (though could have been a little cleaner) and the location was perfect, right by a subway station and just a ten minute walk to the Gion area. The traditional features were a nice touch, and their 3 cats very cute!

Really good one..staff is so friendly and good location nearby subway.

it's amazing to live in a historical hostel. The hostel is clean and nice. I love the big living room very much.

What a holiday! Taka and Yuka are the perfect host of a hostel. They give you advise, help you everyday with your schedule and your visit. About the hostel itself, the location is excellent, you can do everything by foot if you like to walk, or by bike ( they rent them) or the station is 1' walk. The bathroom and sanitary are very clean. I had an excellent stay!!

• 8th Apr 2014

My wife and I stayed at Oki's Inn for 3 nights and had the most wonderful time. Taka and Yuki made us feel comfortable and welcomed right away. The Inn is just a short walk from downtown, bicycles are available for rent and there is a living room where you can relax (with lovely cats in the evening). The Inn itself is beautiful, traditional, with a modern style restroom (for those who wonder). Oki's Inn is the 1st location I would go back to. It does not get any better than that folks, trust me.

• 29th Mar 2014

Have stayed at OKI"s Inn for 2nd time. Location is great, short walk from bus stop & subway. This place is very clean and warm environment , like stay at home. Taka & Yuka had managed this place by their heart and alwasy willing to give information & tips to travel in Kyoto. Their litte cat is the great receptionist at OKI's inn too. Wish to go back to stay at OKI's Inn again.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

the absolute sweetest owners ever. friendly and warm welcome, and efficient information to everything you need! The old building make you feel like experiencing the history itself. If you like homey family feel, love cats and tatami and futons and don't mind thin walls then this is the place to stay. I would always wanna stay there!!!

Very nice location, enormously friendly and helpful staff. The place is very small, so not the best for meeting people or partying, but perfect for an interesting time in Kyoto and the building itself great.

Taka and Yuka are very nice young owners of this guesthouse. Since they used to study in Australia, so they can speak great english, and they are happy to give you advice for sightseeing or dinning or even onsen. They got three cute cats you can play with. Its just like home, you can sit in the warm table and chitchat with each other. I really had a great time in OKI's. Thank you buddy.