OKI's Inn Reviews

542-2 Furukawa-cho Higashiyama-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan

OKI's Inn is a great place to stay in Kyoto :) the staff is super nice and helpful! I definitely recommend the guesthouse!!

Couldn't ask for better hospitality. The house is nice Japanese wooden style, sleeping in futon on tatami. The wall maybe a bit thin. The transportation is good. There is bus stop and metro, the main transportation mean in Kyoto (JR line only reaches few attraction places in Kyoto, Arashiyama area with bamboo path, Nijo castle and Inari shrine), 2 mins walk. We can walk to Gion district, Shijo(city center and Nishiki market), and Kiyomizudera area within 20 mins.

Yuka and Taka were amazing hosts and helped us out so much with places to visit and things to do. I highly recommend staying at Oki's Inn. The double room with balcony was a great experience ! Tess and Tom

Fantastic hostel in a traditional building with good facilities. The location is very good and makes getting around Kyoto easy. Taka and Yuka were the most amazing hosts too!

• 24th Jan 2015

OKI's Inn was the beat place I stayed in Japan. Taka and Yuka are inbreeding kind and helpful, always able to point me in the right direction or suggest a great place to eat or have a bath. The house is beautiful and well kept and every guest I met was kind and warmhearted. It was a great experience and I cannot recommend it enough.

This is my second time came back to this lovely hostel! It's the one that make you feel like home and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere which will wash away your tire soul and busy mind! Plus, it's only two mins from subway station and ten mins walk to the famous Gion Area. The best part is it literally surrounded by so many great temples....... I don't know how to discribe how much I love this hostel! Come and feel it yourself :)

Own private rooms, utility facilities are good, but bathroom and shower were located in an outdoor area with very little heating, but it was a minor inconvenience.The building is very old so if someone talks it does echo throughout the whole place.The owners Yuka and Taka were also very nice.I didn't see Taka much, but Yuka was very helpful and cheerful, she even chased after us for a block because my friend left something behind which blew me away.Highly recommend and would definitely come back

• 4th Jan 2015

Great place. Yaka and Taka are fantastic hosts and the ryo kan is very authentic. Highly recommended!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

The managers of Oki's Inn were absolutely fantastic and made our stay at Kyoto significantly better. They were extremely polite, and went out of their way to help whenever they could. One instance was when they overheard me talking about kimono shopping and wrote a map to the best spot, they also helped us book activities- as our Japanese isn't very good. Everyday they sent us off kindly and greeted us on our return warmly. Amazing people and a very cosy guesthouse. Will stay here next time!

• 7th Dec 2014

Thank you for your accepting our order and providing a lot of information to us. The recommended cafe and restaurants taste good :)

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

We had a brief one night stay here. We enjoyed it. I liked their living room. Thank you Yuka and Taka! You two are really great and resourceful.

I had a very wonderful stay - everyone is very helpful and you get a vibe of old Japan while staying at OKI's Inn.

This is the loveliest youth hostel I have ever stayed in. At Oki's inn one can enjoy staying in a traditional Japanese house without the expense and formality of a ryokan. Taka and Yuka are extremely kind, helpful and welcoming, and guests were quiet and respectful towards each other. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 8th Nov 2014