OKI's Inn Reviews

542-2 Furukawa-cho Higashiyama-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan

Absolutely loved OKI's Inn! I've stayed in quite a few different places in Kyoto (traditional and hostels) but OKI's was by far the best. It's an adorable traditional japanese house that is extremely well maintained. Did not even feel like I was living in a 100 years home. The staff are really nice and made it feel just like home! Also make sure you rent a bike from OKI - it's the best way to explore Kyoto!

• 30th Jun 2015

I cant give Taka and Yuka anything less than 100% - they are up there with the nicest hostel owners we have encountered on our travels. The location of the hostel is really good, tucked down a covered market alley. Yuka showed us the hostel, whilst Taka moved all (a lot) of our luggage to our room, which was a spotless Ryokan style double. Very comfy and tranquil place.

Wonderful hostel driven by a nice Young couple. Very nicely renovated old house. We felt very much at home there. It was a wonderful stay! The hostel owners were very nice, explained us a lot and gave us good tips about the City. Would always stay there again!

We really enjoyed the stay and Taka and Yuka are such sweet hosts. The atmosphere is very quiet and traditional and located in Higashiyama many Kyoto sights are in walking distance. My cousin and her husband came to Japan for the first time and they said it was the best place during the whole trip, especially because of the Japanese style house. :)

Just excellent

• 27th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

The staff was very friendly and nice and gave great recommendations on where to go have fun and good places to eat. The hostel was in a good location right next to a subway station and a few minutes walk from shopping streets. It was also nicely maintained and very well kept.

This is absolutely the best hostel I've stayed at in Japan. Excellent space, clean facilities and the owners are very friendly and hospitable. Literally 1 minute away from the Subway Tozai Line (Higashiyama Station) and you can walk to Gion in 10mins :)

A gorgeous hostel with a real japanese feel to it, Taka and Yuka made my stay in Kyoto the best! So helpful and kind. Great location for temples and shrines, also a subway a minute away. Would definitely come back again!

The couple that runs this hostel is so wonderful, they really went out of their way to help us! And the hostel itself is beautiful and peaceful, and really clean. There is a tatami room where you can relax, and a really nice kitchen and bathroom. I would definitely stay here again!

OKI's Inn is a great place to stay in Kyoto :) the staff is super nice and helpful! I definitely recommend the guesthouse!!

Couldn't ask for better hospitality. The house is nice Japanese wooden style, sleeping in futon on tatami. The wall maybe a bit thin. The transportation is good. There is bus stop and metro, the main transportation mean in Kyoto (JR line only reaches few attraction places in Kyoto, Arashiyama area with bamboo path, Nijo castle and Inari shrine), 2 mins walk. We can walk to Gion district, Shijo(city center and Nishiki market), and Kiyomizudera area within 20 mins.

Yuka and Taka were amazing hosts and helped us out so much with places to visit and things to do. I highly recommend staying at Oki's Inn. The double room with balcony was a great experience ! Tess and Tom

Fantastic hostel in a traditional building with good facilities. The location is very good and makes getting around Kyoto easy. Taka and Yuka were the most amazing hosts too!

• 24th Jan 2015

OKI's Inn was the beat place I stayed in Japan. Taka and Yuka are inbreeding kind and helpful, always able to point me in the right direction or suggest a great place to eat or have a bath. The house is beautiful and well kept and every guest I met was kind and warmhearted. It was a great experience and I cannot recommend it enough.

This is my second time came back to this lovely hostel! It's the one that make you feel like home and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere which will wash away your tire soul and busy mind! Plus, it's only two mins from subway station and ten mins walk to the famous Gion Area. The best part is it literally surrounded by so many great temples....... I don't know how to discribe how much I love this hostel! Come and feel it yourself :)