OKI's Inn Reviews

542-2 Furukawa-cho Higashiyama-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan

Amazing. The most beautiful place situated perfectly and the people are so lovely and caring. They speak English as well. It is a beautiful traditional guesthouse and they look after you so well.

• 28th Jan 2016

Just simply the best hostel I have ever stayed. The best humble and generous people always happy to help and find you a solution even if they don't have too. You'll always be in good hands very well taken care off. Hostel is in the Center very easy to move around and with the Takafumi And Yuka's help you will always be fine.

I really really enjoyed my time in OKI's! I was slightly ill coming to Kyoto, the owners were not only super friendly but also helped me a lot! The hostel is super atmospheric and it is a great experience to live in such an old building! The interior was really modern! The staff was very helpful in suggesting sights and overall had a big knowledge of Kyoto! I can't recommend this place enough!!!!

• 25th Dec 2015

Great local experience. Gave us the chance to explore a most "local/traditional" japan

It was absolutely lovely, perfect and best place to be! I wanted to experience traditional Japan, but still have modern things (like heater in cold mornings) and this place was more than I could ever ask. I was so sad when I had to leave. I wanted to stay there forever. Hostel owner was absolutely lovely and helpful, she even prepared a bath for me after long hiking day in the mountains. I have traveled quite a lot and always stayed in hostels. This is absolutely best place to stay in Kioto!

Oki's Inn is a wonderful place, and in wintertime everything is done to keep you warm (warming blankets in the common room and even in the bed). The hosts are incredibly nice and welcoming. I do recommend to 200%!

Choose this if you want to live like a Japanese. Awesome staff and place

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

Everything was great!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • South Korea

Oki's Inn is amazing. The inn itself is converted from an old house situated in a small market street, and is a great place to stay at if you want to experience Japanese-style living. The inn keepers, Take and Yuka, are the sweetest! They created such a warm and inviting place to stay at it was wonderful to be able to relax at the end of the day. Out of my 2 week stay in Japan in various hostels, this was my favorite. Thanks for the hospitality!

Wonderful place! Great hosts (a young couple from Japan) who speak English very well and are very helpful with lots of information on Kyoto. Definitely recommended to stay there!

Beautiful hostel and wonderful hosts, great location for eastern and central sites

• 8th Nov 2015

A lovely small hostel that feels like a traditional Japanese ryokan. Both the host we're welcoming, friendly and very helpful. I stayed in a 4 bed room dormitory which is a little small but it is very clean and cosy. The toilets were clean and the common area was spacious and warm. It is also at a great location, near a station and also walking distance from Gion.

A really nice place with lovely staff

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Spain

The stuff (young couple) was helpful very nice. It was a nice welcome stay to Japan.

Lovely old hostel run by a super nice and helpful couple. I enjoyed my stay here. It's curiously located in a shopping arcade, ideally around the corner from higashiyama station. The only negative was the tiny girl's dormitory which is right beside the reception and street - alot of noise and light can travel in. But overall a great wee place for a short stay.

It was the best accomodation i stayed druing my Japan trip! Taka and Yuka were very friendly and attentitive whenever we need help. The building was 100years old so it was perfect for traditional mood of Kyoto. Me and my brother stayed in a private room upstairs, even though the wall was so thin that we could hear other people next room, it was very clean and everyone respected each other. Its a very nice walkabout distance to the main tourist streets but nice and residential. Defo coming back!

• 15th Sep 2015
  • South Korea

We simply loved the inn keepers. Without them we would have been lost. Whenever we had a question, they knew the answer. They even helped us to plan a trip and they did a better job than the JR. The Hostel is just amazing. Even though it is an old building and gives you the feelling to live in a past century, it was all tidy and clean and well maintained. Only point of criticism: our room was really small, though.

Friendly and English speaking personnell. I really enjoyed the stay at this traditional Japanaese hostel. When I visit Kyoto again, I will definitely book this accomodation again. The location is perfect and the facilities are of good quality.

Really great location, close to the subway and a bus stop around the corner that stops at some tourist attractions. The Gion area and nearby temples are within walking distance. The guesthouse was spotless and the beds comfortable. Taka and Yuka were very helpful and gave good advice on what to do. Overall an awesome stay.