OKI's Inn Reviews

542-2 Furukawa-cho Higashiyama-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan

Really great location, close to the subway and a bus stop around the corner that stops at some tourist attractions. The Gion area and nearby temples are within walking distance. The guesthouse was spotless and the beds comfortable. Taka and Yuka were very helpful and gave good advice on what to do. Overall an awesome stay.

Yuka and Taka welcomed me so warmly that it touched me. They didn't have to be so kind but they still did it, giving me advice, guiding me, chatting about many things even though they had work. They were always smiling, and thanks to them I enjoyed my short stay in Kyôtô a lot more than I had expected. Furthermore, Oki's Inn is a quiet nice little place which makes you feel at peace and reminded me home. Thank you again.

Very nice small hostel. Staff extremely helpful and welcoming. Cool Japanese-style common room, bikes to rent. Only one shower, but as it is a very small hostel, it's not really a problem.

Staff are very kind~ And the environment is quiet. A very relax place~ we had a good time there!

Really lovely hostel. The staff are incredibly nice and very helpful. The location is good. Very close to the subway station and close to lots of sights. Easy to get around by bus or subway from there. There are some nice places to eat in the area.

A very warm atmosphere in OKI's Inn. The staffs are very kind and helpful. Location is good which easily access to the famous sightseeing point.

Staff was really nice and friendly.

We really enjoyed our stay here. The couple that ran the place were incredibly kind and helpful. The house itself is very beautiful, the common area is a great place if you're looking to relax. The only downside is the noise, the walls are very thin, but if you bring earplugs, you should sleep just fine. Location is right next to the subway down a quiet pedestrian street. Thank you for everything! If we're ever back in Kyoto, we will definitely stay again.

Its really a good hostel with a very nice staff. Just let them know your itinerary and Voila, they will help you to find your way. Really recommend it to everyone!

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Indonesia

Very well run and you could not wish to meet two nicer people than the owners. Can't do enough to help you. A lovely traditional Japanese building that offers a real taste of Japan

• 6th Jul 2015

Taka and Yuka were wonderful, always helpful and gave me a lot of tips around the city. The place was immaculately clean, and even though the female dorm was a bit small it was comfy enough. I enjoyed my stay!

Absolutely loved OKI's Inn! I've stayed in quite a few different places in Kyoto (traditional and hostels) but OKI's was by far the best. It's an adorable traditional japanese house that is extremely well maintained. Did not even feel like I was living in a 100 years home. The staff are really nice and made it feel just like home! Also make sure you rent a bike from OKI - it's the best way to explore Kyoto!

• 30th Jun 2015

I cant give Taka and Yuka anything less than 100% - they are up there with the nicest hostel owners we have encountered on our travels. The location of the hostel is really good, tucked down a covered market alley. Yuka showed us the hostel, whilst Taka moved all (a lot) of our luggage to our room, which was a spotless Ryokan style double. Very comfy and tranquil place.

Wonderful hostel driven by a nice Young couple. Very nicely renovated old house. We felt very much at home there. It was a wonderful stay! The hostel owners were very nice, explained us a lot and gave us good tips about the City. Would always stay there again!

We really enjoyed the stay and Taka and Yuka are such sweet hosts. The atmosphere is very quiet and traditional and located in Higashiyama many Kyoto sights are in walking distance. My cousin and her husband came to Japan for the first time and they said it was the best place during the whole trip, especially because of the Japanese style house. :)

Just excellent

• 27th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

The staff was very friendly and nice and gave great recommendations on where to go have fun and good places to eat. The hostel was in a good location right next to a subway station and a few minutes walk from shopping streets. It was also nicely maintained and very well kept.

This is absolutely the best hostel I've stayed at in Japan. Excellent space, clean facilities and the owners are very friendly and hospitable. Literally 1 minute away from the Subway Tozai Line (Higashiyama Station) and you can walk to Gion in 10mins :)

A gorgeous hostel with a real japanese feel to it, Taka and Yuka made my stay in Kyoto the best! So helpful and kind. Great location for temples and shrines, also a subway a minute away. Would definitely come back again!

The couple that runs this hostel is so wonderful, they really went out of their way to help us! And the hostel itself is beautiful and peaceful, and really clean. There is a tatami room where you can relax, and a really nice kitchen and bathroom. I would definitely stay here again!